Elliot Wolfe
-
1) Grigson is gone.
3)ย Grigson sure didn't evaluate Trent Richardson properly.ย
ย Your scepticism over Dorsey's talent as a GM is duly noted, maybe I should adopt a wait and see attitude too.... Farmer looked good on paper, but then when some of the behind the scenes things started coming to light (Justin Gilbert) yikes. I still blame Haslam and the Homeless Guy for foisting Manziel on the Browns.ย Regarding Wolfe, he has more experience evaluating talent inย his foot than Sashi had in his entire body.ย
Regarding Sashi- I'm sure you know all about "The Hatchet Man" in the business world. Top management brings in a guy "to clean house" and then when things are sufficiently cleaned out personnel- wise the hatchet man gets hatcheted. I've seen it happen at least three times in my working career.ย
My ex-Dad-in-Law was a hatchet man for Allied Chemical. I forget how many Plant managers he sent packing. Ultimately one he swung at and missed, rose above him and guess what...
1. Well that was fast.
3. Grigson missed TR; lower stakes, but Dorsey missed Cam Erving. All GMs "miss". If there was "paper" on Farmer, I did not see it... heard about it plenty, but did not see it. And what I heard was success by association not contribution. And one more "one last time"... player evaluation was never Sashi's job.

-
I'd love to know what the consensus was on Kizer.ย
ย ย
Easy... that his chances of developing into an NFL starter were commensurate with a mid-2nd-round pick.
@boo-fagley said:
Wolfe had a job offer from Gruden.
You would rather have Yoo as HC instead of Gruden? Gruden has forgotten more about football than Yoo will ever know.
If Wolfes job performance was that bad then why didnt the Packers get rid of him long before this? Wolfe was asked to stay with the Packers after losing out on GM.
The Browns are assembling a front office from winning/post season franchises and youre sad that Sashi and his pencil pushers got the axe.
Was Gruden going to make Wolf a coach?
Hue vs. Gruden... interesting question. Can I go with neither? If yes, then I do. If no, then I still do. I put Gruden right "up there" in the pantheon of HCs with Rex Ryan.
Not saying Wolf's job performance was bad. Just that it was not good enough to win him the Pack's GM job. Are you saying you have direct knowledge of his player contributions?
The Browns have been assembling FO's from pieces of winning franchises for decades. Whether this one works out better than the attempts to date is TBD. I celebrated our jumping off this merry-go-round. I am sad that Jimmah did not have the stones to see the FO experiment through, but so far the bilk of the assembled "pencil pushers" seem to be faring just fine...
-
I'd love to know what the consensus was on Kizer.ย
ย ย
Easy... that his chances of developing into an NFL starter were commensurate with a mid-2nd-round pick.
@boo-fagley said:
Wolfe had a job offer from Gruden.
You would rather have Yoo as HC instead of Gruden? Gruden has forgotten more about football than Yoo will ever know.
If Wolfes job performance was that bad then why didnt the Packers get rid of him long before this? Wolfe was asked to stay with the Packers after losing out on GM.
The Browns are assembling a front office from winning/post season franchises and youre sad that Sashi and his pencil pushers got the axe.
Was Gruden going to make Wolf a coach?
Hue vs. Gruden... interesting question. Can I go with neither? If yes, then I do. If no, then I still do. I put Gruden right "up there" in the pantheon of HCs with Rex Ryan.
Not saying Wolf's job performance was bad. Just that it was not good enough to win him the Pack's GM job. Are you saying you have direct knowledge of his player contributions?
The Browns have been assembling FO's from pieces of winning franchises for decades. Whether this one works out better than the attempts to date is TBD. I celebrated our jumping off this merry-go-round. I am sad that Jimmah did not have the stones to see the FO experiment through, but so far the bilk of the assembled "pencil pushers" seem to be faring just fine...
-
-
@boo-fagley said:
Same old party line.
Winning franchises in the Super Bowl conversation and post season year after year dont shoot in the dark.
Pretty sure you're the GOP'er, if there is one in this running "conversation"...
I do agree on the franchises comment. Just doubt your ability to discern the relative contributions of any FO staff below the level of GM.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login