Skip to content

Let's Ask This

The Browns Board
46 19 1.2k
  • Too early to figure out #2 thru #6... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Too early to figure out #2 thru #6... 😉

    Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

  • 1   Smith

    2  Cousins

    3  Darnold

    4  Rosen

    5  Allen

    6  Bradford

    @darren15 said:

    1   Smith

    2  Cousins

    3  Darnold

    4  Rosen

    5  Allen

    6  Bradford

    I didn't realize that Smith, Cousins and Bradford were allowed to back into the draft again. This was asking "which order should they be drafted".

  • @tour2ma said:

    Too early to figure out #2 thru #6... 😉

    Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

    @the-gipper said:

    Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

    Let me see. Karnac say..........................................................................Josh Rosen!  Do I get the prize?🙂

  • @the-gipper said:

    Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

    Let me see. Karnac say..........................................................................Josh Rosen!  Do I get the prize?🙂

    @texasag1969 said:

    Let me see. Karnac say..........................................................................Josh Rosen!  Do I get the prize?🙂

    Yes....and your prize is a date with Tour....since he is being female about everything....perhaps on your date you can get him to actually giving you a straight answer.

  • I am not totally clear on the question, but will list the order of the  qbs I would prefer the Browns take and at what pick if available:

    2.1  Rudolph

    2.3  Allen

    2.30  Jackson

    1.1  Rosen

    Trade back to mid-1st for  Mayfield

    1.4  Darnold

    3.1  Lock

    4.1  White

  • @tour2ma said:

    Too early to figure out #2 thru #6... 😉

    Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

    @the-gipper said:

    Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

    Ask anyone...

    Unlike you I'm not a butterfly flitting from #1 to #1... post to post... thread to thread...

  • @tour2ma said:

    Too early to figure out #2 thru #6... 😉

    Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

    @the-gipper said:

    Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want.  Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately.  You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.

    Tour has Tour-eggs Syndrome:

    advice-sticking-out-neck.jpg

  • Too early to figure out #2 thru #6... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Too early to figure out #2 thru #6... 😉

    892ce25e97294731662b70ff9243762b--giraff

  • lol... yeah, if I'm known for one thing around here, it's being shy about sharing my opinions.

    Issue is right now I don't have an opinion informed enough to rank 2-6. While I've done some work on, watched some tape of all the usual suspects, I was so blown away by Rosen's tape that I stopped looking at the rest.

    About all I can say is I am pretty sure Darnold is not my #2.

    I'll be jump-starting my assessments after Sr. Bowl Week... at least that's how it's worked in the past.

  • the reality is, as usual, none of us know.  It's best to just take Rosen and hope for the best.  Just as in 2016 it'snow clear we should have taken Wentz and hoped for the best.

  • yet, Josh Allen threw for 45 TD's in his career, Wentz threw for 44. Allen would surely sit for a year, Wentz didn't have to.

    Nobody knows. It's best to avoid red flags for that reason. Even without red flags, it's taking a chance on qb's.

  • As we are now with no proven QB signed (I might change that order later if we do sign one and as I watch the combine/pro days).

    1. Rosen-most ready to run a pro offense from day one

    2.Rudolph

    3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top)

    4. Mayfield because he is a sober JFF

    5. Jackson- RGIV

    6. Allen-has overrated written all over him

    @texasag1969 said:

    As we are now with no proven QB signed (I might change that order later if we do sign one and as I watch the combine/pro days).

    1. Rosen-most ready to run a pro offense from day one

    2.Rudolph

    3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top)

    4. Mayfield because he is a sober JFF

    5. Jackson- RGIV

    6. Allen-has overrated written all over him

    Are you saying that Darnold will be the better QB in the future, but not right away?

    I dont know who will be better, but you draft players for the future, not the present. Unless that 1 player for a year or 2 takes you over the top to a championship. 

    The goal for the organization shouldn't be to win x number of games, or even to make the playoffs, the goal for every team should be to win a championship

  • @texasag1969 said:

    As we are now with no proven QB signed (I might change that order later if we do sign one and as I watch the combine/pro days).

    1. Rosen-most ready to run a pro offense from day one

    2.Rudolph

    3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top)

    4. Mayfield because he is a sober JFF

    5. Jackson- RGIV

    6. Allen-has overrated written all over him

    Are you saying that Darnold will be the better QB in the future, but not right away?

    I dont know who will be better, but you draft players for the future, not the present. Unless that 1 player for a year or 2 takes you over the top to a championship. 

    The goal for the organization shouldn't be to win x number of games, or even to make the playoffs, the goal for every team should be to win a championship

    @gunz41 said:

    Are you saying that Darnold will be the better QB in the future, but not right away?

    I dont know who will be better, but you draft players for the future, not the present. Unless that 1 player for a year or 2 takes you over the top to a championship. 

    The goal for the organization shouldn't be to win x number of games, or even to make the playoffs, the goal for every team should be to win a championship

    Darnold has a very strong and accurate arm, but he has to learn to tame his happy feet and use the pocket the way Rosen (And Big Ben) use the pocket while going through progressions. It takes time to learn do that. He has everything else you need, but with the Browns he needs time and without an experienced QB to play behind to buy that time, he just could crash and never recover. With the right team and the right mentor, I think he becomes the next Big Ben. That is the way I would do it if I were the Browns GM. Got to find a way to get Smith on this team. If you can't add that experienced QB then you go with the best pocket passer now, which is Rosen. I just wish he were built a little more sturdy like Darnold.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Are you saying that Darnold will be the better QB in the future, but not right away?

    I dont know who will be better, but you draft players for the future, not the present. Unless that 1 player for a year or 2 takes you over the top to a championship. 

    The goal for the organization shouldn't be to win x number of games, or even to make the playoffs, the goal for every team should be to win a championship

    Darnold has a very strong and accurate arm, but he has to learn to tame his happy feet and use the pocket the way Rosen (And Big Ben) use the pocket while going through progressions. It takes time to learn do that. He has everything else you need, but with the Browns he needs time and without an experienced QB to play behind to buy that time, he just could crash and never recover. With the right team and the right mentor, I think he becomes the next Big Ben. That is the way I would do it if I were the Browns GM. Got to find a way to get Smith on this team. If you can't add that experienced QB then you go with the best pocket passer now, which is Rosen. I just wish he were built a little more sturdy like Darnold.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Darnold has a very strong and accurate arm, but he has to learn to tame his happy feet and use the pocket the way Rosen (And Big Ben) use the pocket while going through progressions. It takes time to learn do that. He has everything else you need, but with the Browns he needs time and without an experienced QB to play behind to buy that time, he just could crash and never recover. With the right team and the right mentor, I think he becomes the next Big Ben. That is the way I would do it if I were the Browns GM. Got to find a way to get Smith on this team. If you can't add that experienced QB then you go with the best pocket passer now, which is Rosen. I just wish he were built a little more sturdy like Darnold.

    I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years

  • the reality is, as usual, none of us know.  It's best to just take Rosen and hope for the best.  Just as in 2016 it'snow clear we should have taken Wentz and hoped for the best.

    @tacosman said:

    the reality is, as usual, none of us know.  It's best to just take Rosen and hope for the best.  Just as in 2016 it'snow clear we should have taken Wentz and hoped for the best.

    True, but I find it to be a lot more fun to do what I can to try to know and post what I've learned than repeatedly post, "None of us know."

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Darnold has a very strong and accurate arm, but he has to learn to tame his happy feet and use the pocket the way Rosen (And Big Ben) use the pocket while going through progressions. It takes time to learn do that. He has everything else you need, but with the Browns he needs time and without an experienced QB to play behind to buy that time, he just could crash and never recover. With the right team and the right mentor, I think he becomes the next Big Ben. That is the way I would do it if I were the Browns GM. Got to find a way to get Smith on this team. If you can't add that experienced QB then you go with the best pocket passer now, which is Rosen. I just wish he were built a little more sturdy like Darnold.

    I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years

    @gunz41 said:

    I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years

    My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.

  • @gunz41 said:

    I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years

    My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.

    @texasag1969 said:

    My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.

    I think the frustrating thing is there isn't many of us on here who think Hue makes it beyond 2018 - many think he'll get canned during the season - so basically the Browns will bring in a high pick QB who will need to learn Hue's system in his rookie season only to have to learn with 2019 Browns head coach in Year 2.

  • @gunz41 said:

    I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years

    My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.

    @texasag1969 said:

    My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.

    You are still missing the point. You think Darnold will last longer, and seem to think he will eventually be better. So then that is who you take. You don't take someone else just because you think the coach is going to screw him up. You don't take someone else for next year. The question I thought was who should they take, not who will they take. 

    Like I said, I'm not saying one way or another who they should take. But your reasoning is out of whack to me

  • @texasag1969 said:

    My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.

    You are still missing the point. You think Darnold will last longer, and seem to think he will eventually be better. So then that is who you take. You don't take someone else just because you think the coach is going to screw him up. You don't take someone else for next year. The question I thought was who should they take, not who will they take. 

    Like I said, I'm not saying one way or another who they should take. But your reasoning is out of whack to me

    @gunz41 said:

    You are still missing the point. You think Darnold will last longer, and seem to think he will eventually be better. So then that is who you take. You don't take someone else just because you think the coach is going to screw him up. You don't take someone else for next year. The question I thought was who should they take, not who will they take. 

    Like I said, I'm not saying one way or another who they should take. But your reasoning is out of whack to me

    Darnold will not be around long after Hue screws him over. He will be around with the team that brings him along properly. That is my answer. If it were me as GM with all the powers a GM should have, I would have fired Hue, found a very good experienced QB to play now and drafted Darnold for the more distant future.

  • @gunz41 said:

    You are still missing the point. You think Darnold will last longer, and seem to think he will eventually be better. So then that is who you take. You don't take someone else just because you think the coach is going to screw him up. You don't take someone else for next year. The question I thought was who should they take, not who will they take. 

    Like I said, I'm not saying one way or another who they should take. But your reasoning is out of whack to me

    Darnold will not be around long after Hue screws him over. He will be around with the team that brings him along properly. That is my answer. If it were me as GM with all the powers a GM should have, I would have fired Hue, found a very good experienced QB to play now and drafted Darnold for the more distant future.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Darnold will not be around long after Hue screws him over. He will be around with the team that brings him along properly. That is my answer. If it were me as GM with all the powers a GM should have, I would have fired Hue, found a very good experienced QB to play now and drafted Darnold for the more distant future.

    But I am confused as you ranked Rosen 1st and Darnold 3rd. Said Rosen was most pro ready but Darnold next Big Ben. Obviously they can be screwed up, but that doesn't explain the rankings