Let's Ask This
-
Are you saying that Darnold will be the better QB in the future, but not right away?
I dont know who will be better, but you draft players for the future, not the present. Unless that 1 player for a year or 2 takes you over the top to a championship.
The goal for the organization shouldn't be to win x number of games, or even to make the playoffs, the goal for every team should be to win a championship
Darnold has a very strong and accurate arm, but he has to learn to tame his happy feet and use the pocket the way Rosen (And Big Ben) use the pocket while going through progressions. It takes time to learn do that. He has everything else you need, but with the Browns he needs time and without an experienced QB to play behind to buy that time, he just could crash and never recover. With the right team and the right mentor, I think he becomes the next Big Ben. That is the way I would do it if I were the Browns GM. Got to find a way to get Smith on this team. If you can't add that experienced QB then you go with the best pocket passer now, which is Rosen. I just wish he were built a little more sturdy like Darnold.
Darnold has a very strong and accurate arm, but he has to learn to tame his happy feet and use the pocket the way Rosen (And Big Ben) use the pocket while going through progressions. It takes time to learn do that. He has everything else you need, but with the Browns he needs time and without an experienced QB to play behind to buy that time, he just could crash and never recover. With the right team and the right mentor, I think he becomes the next Big Ben. That is the way I would do it if I were the Browns GM. Got to find a way to get Smith on this team. If you can't add that experienced QB then you go with the best pocket passer now, which is Rosen. I just wish he were built a little more sturdy like Darnold.
I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years
-
the reality is, as usual, none of us know. It's best to just take Rosen and hope for the best. Just as in 2016 it'snow clear we should have taken Wentz and hoped for the best.
the reality is, as usual, none of us know. It's best to just take Rosen and hope for the best. Just as in 2016 it'snow clear we should have taken Wentz and hoped for the best.
True, but I find it to be a lot more fun to do what I can to try to know and post what I've learned than repeatedly post, "None of us know."
-
Darnold has a very strong and accurate arm, but he has to learn to tame his happy feet and use the pocket the way Rosen (And Big Ben) use the pocket while going through progressions. It takes time to learn do that. He has everything else you need, but with the Browns he needs time and without an experienced QB to play behind to buy that time, he just could crash and never recover. With the right team and the right mentor, I think he becomes the next Big Ben. That is the way I would do it if I were the Browns GM. Got to find a way to get Smith on this team. If you can't add that experienced QB then you go with the best pocket passer now, which is Rosen. I just wish he were built a little more sturdy like Darnold.
I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years
I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years
My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.
-
I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years
My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.
My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.
I think the frustrating thing is there isn't many of us on here who think Hue makes it beyond 2018 - many think he'll get canned during the season - so basically the Browns will bring in a high pick QB who will need to learn Hue's system in his rookie season only to have to learn with 2019 Browns head coach in Year 2.
-
I think you are missing my point. If it is your opinion that Darnold will be the best pro in the future, you don't take Rosen just because he is more ready now. It's hard for die-hard fans to imagine, but this team isn't winning it all next year, so you take what is best for future, not the present. Next year doesn't mean nearly as much as next 10 years
My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.
My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.
You are still missing the point. You think Darnold will last longer, and seem to think he will eventually be better. So then that is who you take. You don't take someone else just because you think the coach is going to screw him up. You don't take someone else for next year. The question I thought was who should they take, not who will they take.
Like I said, I'm not saying one way or another who they should take. But your reasoning is out of whack to me
-
My concern for Rosen is durability. I think Darnold will be around the league a lot longer, but he has a lot to learn. But Huey will screw him up by putting him in well ahead of when he's ready. THAT is my point. I don't trust this coach to do it right with Darnold. He'll be better off somewhere else unfortunately. And next year may not mean much to you, but it WILL to Huey loser. For Darnold's sake please pass on him.
You are still missing the point. You think Darnold will last longer, and seem to think he will eventually be better. So then that is who you take. You don't take someone else just because you think the coach is going to screw him up. You don't take someone else for next year. The question I thought was who should they take, not who will they take.
Like I said, I'm not saying one way or another who they should take. But your reasoning is out of whack to me
You are still missing the point. You think Darnold will last longer, and seem to think he will eventually be better. So then that is who you take. You don't take someone else just because you think the coach is going to screw him up. You don't take someone else for next year. The question I thought was who should they take, not who will they take.
Like I said, I'm not saying one way or another who they should take. But your reasoning is out of whack to me
Darnold will not be around long after Hue screws him over. He will be around with the team that brings him along properly. That is my answer. If it were me as GM with all the powers a GM should have, I would have fired Hue, found a very good experienced QB to play now and drafted Darnold for the more distant future.
-
You are still missing the point. You think Darnold will last longer, and seem to think he will eventually be better. So then that is who you take. You don't take someone else just because you think the coach is going to screw him up. You don't take someone else for next year. The question I thought was who should they take, not who will they take.
Like I said, I'm not saying one way or another who they should take. But your reasoning is out of whack to me
Darnold will not be around long after Hue screws him over. He will be around with the team that brings him along properly. That is my answer. If it were me as GM with all the powers a GM should have, I would have fired Hue, found a very good experienced QB to play now and drafted Darnold for the more distant future.
Darnold will not be around long after Hue screws him over. He will be around with the team that brings him along properly. That is my answer. If it were me as GM with all the powers a GM should have, I would have fired Hue, found a very good experienced QB to play now and drafted Darnold for the more distant future.
But I am confused as you ranked Rosen 1st and Darnold 3rd. Said Rosen was most pro ready but Darnold next Big Ben. Obviously they can be screwed up, but that doesn't explain the rankings
-
Darnold will not be around long after Hue screws him over. He will be around with the team that brings him along properly. That is my answer. If it were me as GM with all the powers a GM should have, I would have fired Hue, found a very good experienced QB to play now and drafted Darnold for the more distant future.
But I am confused as you ranked Rosen 1st and Darnold 3rd. Said Rosen was most pro ready but Darnold next Big Ben. Obviously they can be screwed up, but that doesn't explain the rankings
But I am confused as you ranked Rosen 1st and Darnold 3rd. Said Rosen was most pro ready but Darnold next Big Ben. Obviously they can be screwed up, but that doesn't explain the rankings
Go read it again. I said I'd move Darnold to the top if we acquired an experienced QB.
" 3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top) "
-
But I am confused as you ranked Rosen 1st and Darnold 3rd. Said Rosen was most pro ready but Darnold next Big Ben. Obviously they can be screwed up, but that doesn't explain the rankings
Go read it again. I said I'd move Darnold to the top if we acquired an experienced QB.
" 3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top) "
Go read it again. I said I'd move Darnold to the top if we acquired an experienced QB.
" 3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top) "
Yes. But you have him ranked 3rd. It is what it is. Just confusing
-
Go read it again. I said I'd move Darnold to the top if we acquired an experienced QB.
" 3. Darnold - for the long run I think he eventually becomes a Big Ben, but the Browns need a QB right now (get the experienced QB he rises to the top) "
Yes. But you have him ranked 3rd. It is what it is. Just confusing
Yes. But you have him ranked 3rd. It is what it is. Just confusing
3rd if things remain as they are right now i.e. no experienced QB on the team capable of starting. Jesus I don't see how you don't understand WTF I'm saying. At the moment he is 3rd best under that one circumstance. Change that one circumstance by adding someone to learn under like Rogers got in GB and I rate him best. I think you may be the only person here that remains confused.
-
Apparently too early for you to figure out #1 as well...since you didn't say who you would want. Or is it a just a case of you being female again and expecting us to read your thoughts....and getting upset when we don't read them accurately. You know, because, we are men...and men don't have to want to need to tolerate this coy BS.
Ask anyone...
Unlike you I'm not a butterfly flitting from #1 to #1... post to post... thread to thread...
Ask anyone...
Unlike you I'm not a butterfly flitting from #1 to #1... post to post... thread to thread...
Then why are so so afeared from pronouncing it here? Afraid that Cal will get on your arse about it?
I mean...why are you being Fonzie like.... R-R-R-R -o-o-o-sen. See...it wasn't that hard. Others here may even agree with you on that. Even I don't disagree (I am basically holding my opinion open).
-
lol... yeah, if I'm known for one thing around here, it's being shy about sharing my opinions.
Issue is right now I don't have an opinion informed enough to rank 2-6. While I've done some work on, watched some tape of all the usual suspects, I was so blown away by Rosen's tape that I stopped looking at the rest.
About all I can say is I am pretty sure Darnold is not my #2.
I'll be jump-starting my assessments after Sr. Bowl Week... at least that's how it's worked in the past.
lol... yeah, if I'm known for one thing around here, it's being shy about sharing my opinions.
This thread would seem to belie that.
Issue is right now I don't have an opinion informed enough to rank 2-6. While I've done some work on, watched some tape of all the usual suspects, I was so blown away by Rosen's tape that I stopped looking at the rest.
About all I can say is I am pretty sure Darnold is not my #2.
I'll be jump-starting my assessments after Sr. Bowl Week... at least that's how it's worked in the past.
-
I am not too concerned with Hue screwing up whomever we draft. he won't be here long.
-
Yes. But you have him ranked 3rd. It is what it is. Just confusing
3rd if things remain as they are right now i.e. no experienced QB on the team capable of starting. Jesus I don't see how you don't understand WTF I'm saying. At the moment he is 3rd best under that one circumstance. Change that one circumstance by adding someone to learn under like Rogers got in GB and I rate him best. I think you may be the only person here that remains confused.
3rd if things remain as they are right now i.e. no experienced QB on the team capable of starting. Jesus I don't see how you don't understand WTF I'm saying. At the moment he is 3rd best under that one circumstance. Change that one circumstance by adding someone to learn under like Rogers got in GB and I rate him best. I think you may be the only person here that remains confused.
Maybe I am. But to me, you rank the top as the top, not 3rd. The question wasn't how would you rank these guys in a situation, it's how do you rank them.
When I rank players, I do it on their ability and body of work, not the situation they are in.
But basically you are saying Darnold is the best unless he comes here without a vet. So we should take someone else who isn't as good because of the circumstances. Darnold > Rosen for you, but without a vet Rosen is tops because he is more pro ready. That seems that next year is the priority, not the future
-
3rd if things remain as they are right now i.e. no experienced QB on the team capable of starting. Jesus I don't see how you don't understand WTF I'm saying. At the moment he is 3rd best under that one circumstance. Change that one circumstance by adding someone to learn under like Rogers got in GB and I rate him best. I think you may be the only person here that remains confused.
Maybe I am. But to me, you rank the top as the top, not 3rd. The question wasn't how would you rank these guys in a situation, it's how do you rank them.
When I rank players, I do it on their ability and body of work, not the situation they are in.
But basically you are saying Darnold is the best unless he comes here without a vet. So we should take someone else who isn't as good because of the circumstances. Darnold > Rosen for you, but without a vet Rosen is tops because he is more pro ready. That seems that next year is the priority, not the future
Maybe I am. But to me, you rank the top as the top, not 3rd. The question wasn't how would you rank these guys in a situation, it's how do you rank them.
When I rank players, I do it on their ability and body of work, not the situation they are in.
But basically you are saying Darnold is the best unless he comes here without a vet. So we should take someone else who isn't as good because of the circumstances. Darnold > Rosen for you, but without a vet Rosen is tops because he is more pro ready. That seems that next year is the priority, not the future
Exactly. And for whom is next year the priority?-------------------Huey Newton and the JimmyDee News.
-
Maybe I am. But to me, you rank the top as the top, not 3rd. The question wasn't how would you rank these guys in a situation, it's how do you rank them.
When I rank players, I do it on their ability and body of work, not the situation they are in.
But basically you are saying Darnold is the best unless he comes here without a vet. So we should take someone else who isn't as good because of the circumstances. Darnold > Rosen for you, but without a vet Rosen is tops because he is more pro ready. That seems that next year is the priority, not the future
Exactly. And for whom is next year the priority?-------------------Huey Newton and the JimmyDee News.
Exactly. And for whom is next year the priority?-------------------Huey Newton and the JimmyDee News.
Well I dont know if that is your feeling, but ranking Rosen 1 and Darnold 3 makes it look that way from your description saying Rosen is more pro ready.
Not saying these guys equate the example here, and dont know your affiliation, but the way you wrote it and explained is Dak Prescott will be the best Quarterback over Wentz and Goff, but Dak should be drafted 3rd. Or another example (and obviously not true, even if I dislike the King) but Lebron James should be the 3rd player drafted behind Carmelo and D Wade because he was going to Cleveland. Lebron will be the best player, but Carmelo is more pro ready.
See the point now? No matter who the coach is, you take what you feel is the best player, because maybe the coach doesn't screw him up, or you don't let another team take the best player. If it is like everyone thinks, the coach who will screw him up will be gone, and he still has 10 years to be successful
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login