Skip to content

Camp Barkley #1 Overall

Locked The Browns Board
550 48 16.5k
  • @poeticg said:

     That is a HUE ADVANTAGE~ What don't you guys get?  

    last i looked, Hue still coaches this team..whats a RB in Hues game plan? Look at Dorsey's draft history. get use to hearing Fitzpatrick vs Derwin James at #4.. Dorsey has not drafted a RB any higher than 3rd round..Crow may have a lot to do with both of Dorsey's decisions..put your madden controller down..it's mid January 

    @gumby73 said:

    last i looked, Hue still coaches this team..whats a RB in Hues game plan? Look at Dorsey's draft history. get use to hearing Fitzpatrick vs Derwin James at #4.. Dorsey has not drafted a RB any higher than 3rd round..Crow may have a lot to do with both of Dorsey's decisions..put your madden controller down..it's mid January 

  • Or how about a from the Colts perpective? Sports Illustrated okay with you? 

  • Look. Do me a favor and watch the video. Listen to the crowd... The energy that those big runs and highlight moves bring are irreplaceable. Momentum. And Barkley doesn't fumble, he's as sure a thing as there is ever going to be in the draft. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE HIT. DO NOT GAMBLE. 

    Take Barkley #1 and ensure that whoever starts will have help. Crowell and Johnson together are just okay. It's actually a hinders a young QB because they are so different and the things they bring to the table are not consistent. It's actually telling when you have a receiving back like Duke in the game. He can run between the tackles a little but he's not going to hold up as the feature back. Move Johnson out to the slot and you might have something. 

    Barkley RB

    Gordon WR1

    Coleman WR2

    Johnson Slot

    Njoku/DeValve TE

    ~ Now whoever is at QB has a TEAM AROUND THEM to help them succeed. With the guys above, if healthy and active for more than 12 games next year- we can win the division. 

    @poeticg said:

    Look. Do me a favor and watch the video. Listen to the crowd... The energy that those big runs and highlight moves bring are irreplaceable. Momentum. And Barkley doesn't fumble, he's as sure a thing as there is ever going to be in the draft. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE HIT. DO NOT GAMBLE. 

    Take Barkley #1 and ensure that whoever starts will have help. Crowell and Johnson together are just okay. It's actually a hinders a young QB because they are so different and the things they bring to the table are not consistent. It's actually telling when you have a receiving back like Duke in the game. He can run between the tackles a little but he's not going to hold up as the feature back. Move Johnson out to the slot and you might have something. 

    Barkley RB

    Gordon WR1

    Coleman WR2

    Johnson Slot

    Njoku/DeValve TE

    ~ Now whoever is at QB has a TEAM AROUND THEM to help them succeed. With the guys above, if healthy and active for more than 12 games next year- we can win the division. 

    Good thing you aren't running a team. Crowd noise is now a determining factor on what a player will be. Got it.

    And then saying you get so much taking a RB BEFORE your QB??? What benefit is that? If you want Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield and Barkley, what does it matter where you take them? Ahh, Barkley will somehow be better because he was the #1 pick as opposed to #4.

    Maybe the Browns can trade #4 to Washington for Colt McCoy, use #1 on Barkley, give the 1st 2nd rounder to whoever owns Trent Richardson rights, and sign Josh Gordon to a 10 year deal

  • @poeticg said:

    Look. Do me a favor and watch the video. Listen to the crowd... The energy that those big runs and highlight moves bring are irreplaceable. Momentum. And Barkley doesn't fumble, he's as sure a thing as there is ever going to be in the draft. WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE HIT. DO NOT GAMBLE. 

    Take Barkley #1 and ensure that whoever starts will have help. Crowell and Johnson together are just okay. It's actually a hinders a young QB because they are so different and the things they bring to the table are not consistent. It's actually telling when you have a receiving back like Duke in the game. He can run between the tackles a little but he's not going to hold up as the feature back. Move Johnson out to the slot and you might have something. 

    Barkley RB

    Gordon WR1

    Coleman WR2

    Johnson Slot

    Njoku/DeValve TE

    ~ Now whoever is at QB has a TEAM AROUND THEM to help them succeed. With the guys above, if healthy and active for more than 12 games next year- we can win the division. 

    Good thing you aren't running a team. Crowd noise is now a determining factor on what a player will be. Got it.

    And then saying you get so much taking a RB BEFORE your QB??? What benefit is that? If you want Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield and Barkley, what does it matter where you take them? Ahh, Barkley will somehow be better because he was the #1 pick as opposed to #4.

    Maybe the Browns can trade #4 to Washington for Colt McCoy, use #1 on Barkley, give the 1st 2nd rounder to whoever owns Trent Richardson rights, and sign Josh Gordon to a 10 year deal

    @gunz41 said:

    Good thing you aren't running a team. Crowd noise is now a determining factor on what a player will be. Got it.

    And then saying you get so much taking a RB BEFORE your QB??? What benefit is that? If you want Darnold/Rosen/Allen/Mayfield and Barkley, what does it matter where you take them? Ahh, Barkley will somehow be better because he was the #1 pick as opposed to #4.

    Maybe the Browns can trade #4 to Washington for Colt McCoy, use #1 on Barkley, give the 1st 2nd rounder to whoever owns Trent Richardson rights, and sign Josh Gordon to a 10 year deal

    Please tell me your are trolling and really aren't dumb enough to NOT get the point...

    Here, let me break it down for you. Mo-men-tum. This is a term you'll often hear when a team begins to build some. A big run causes the crowd to get hyped. Crowd noise and energy is a HUGE x-factor during games. If you can break off several of these runs the defense gets on it's toes to quite the stands. Then your able to take the top off of the defense and it gets the defense on it's heels... then you run again and the crowd and momentum continue to grow. 

    However, when your RB runs into the asses of his OL and then falls on the ground. Can't make a defender miss or drops a shuffle pass for a fumble and a turnover in the redzone... oh, same old Browns, the crowds cheers turn to jeers and the other team smells blood. They drive down the field and score, silencing the crowd, taking the momentum and they run away with the game... the crowd leaves early, the other teams offense can call checks, protections and audibles without any difficulty- this leads to an unsurmountable lead and another loss. 

    But, if that play is shuffled, Barkley makes a guy miss and he goes all Airmail Special Delivery for six- The crowd goes crazy and the our Defense begins to sense victory. 

    ...good on the crowd noise part? 

    I'll give you some time to think about it before moving on. 😉

  • QB - RB 

    Air Attack - Ground n Pound 

    What is our identity going to be? Hue stated many times that we want to be a running team, makes sense in the AFCN, control the clock and protect the ball, often times in adverse weather.

    I have a video to show you guys of Barkley in multiple weather conditions-

    Passing the ball gives way to running the ball... running the ball WELL leads to better play action fakes that buy the WRs a step in the secondary. That's all we need, just a step but with Barkley were going to get yards on the secondary.  When I'm evaluating a player, I don't look at the stats and use that to base my score. It's a piece but college is playing a "different game" than the NFL is playing. So many factors go into the stats- how many other players had amazing stats and couldn't make it in the pros? There is so much more that goes on with what's unseen than is going on in what IS seen. Sometimes though, if you watch close enough, you can get glimpses of what inside a player. Often times what's inside the player and how he will translate to the NFL.

    To the question on if Barkley just loses steam in the second half or if the teams gameplan is better... Here's Barkley's COMPLETE SEASON COMPILATION, enjoy. 🙂

    @poeticg said:

    QB - RB 

    Air Attack - Ground n Pound 

    What is our identity going to be? Hue stated many times that we want to be a running team, makes sense in the AFCN, control the clock and protect the ball, often times in adverse weather.

    I have a video to show you guys of Barkley in multiple weather conditions-

    Passing the ball gives way to running the ball... running the ball WELL leads to better play action fakes that buy the WRs a step in the secondary. That's all we need, just a step but with Barkley were going to get yards on the secondary.  When I'm evaluating a player, I don't look at the stats and use that to base my score. It's a piece but college is playing a "different game" than the NFL is playing. So many factors go into the stats- how many other players had amazing stats and couldn't make it in the pros? There is so much more that goes on with what's unseen than is going on in what IS seen. Sometimes though, if you watch close enough, you can get glimpses of what inside a player. Often times what's inside the player and how he will translate to the NFL.

    To the question on if Barkley just loses steam in the second half or if the teams gameplan is better... Here's Barkley's COMPLETE SEASON COMPILATION, enjoy. 🙂

    Have you been you gobbling ghoulies knobHave you been you gobbling ghoulies knob

  • Cool sports science video. But that all means nothing if we can't compare it to how other HBs do in that position

  • Still waiting for youto refute my many points on him. I've posted them multiple times and I don't think I've ever seen you respond.

  • Leonard Fournette ran for like 1 ypc against Alabama.

    Zeke ran for 200+ total.

    Better surrounding cast or not, I think Barkley would be much closer to the former than the latter.

    @wargograw said:

    Leonard Fournette ran for like 1 ypc against Alabama.

    Zeke ran for 200+ total.

    Better surrounding cast or not, I think Barkley would be much closer to the former than the latter.

    So, playing in the superbowl and not being suspended for domestic violence... I'll take that. 

  • Still waiting for youto refute my many points on him. I've posted them multiple times and I don't think I've ever seen you respond.

    @wargograw said:

    Still waiting for youto refute my many points on him. I've posted them multiple times and I don't think I've ever seen you respond.

    Sorry man, haven't seen you post anything other than Fournette ran for 1 ypc against Alabama and Zeke ran for a bazillion... We're talking about 3 different teams(LSU, Ohio State and Alabama) and two different players(Zeke and Fournette) that have nothing to do with Barkley... what am I missing here?

  • @wargograw said:

    Still waiting for youto refute my many points on him. I've posted them multiple times and I don't think I've ever seen you respond.

    Sorry man, haven't seen you post anything other than Fournette ran for 1 ypc against Alabama and Zeke ran for a bazillion... We're talking about 3 different teams(LSU, Ohio State and Alabama) and two different players(Zeke and Fournette) that have nothing to do with Barkley... what am I missing here?

    @poeticg said:

    Sorry man, haven't seen you post anything other than Fournette ran for 1 ypc against Alabama and Zeke ran for a bazillion... We're talking about 3 different teams(LSU, Ohio State and Alabama) and two different players(Zeke and Fournette) that have nothing to do with Barkley... what am I missing here?

    What are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same thingsWhat are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same things

  • Drafting Barkley and Quenton Nelson would guarantee Joe Thomas comes back.

    Put Nelson next to Joe Thomas and Barkley runs for 1500 yards easy.  Nelson is a freak.

  • @poeticg said:

    Sorry man, haven't seen you post anything other than Fournette ran for 1 ypc against Alabama and Zeke ran for a bazillion... We're talking about 3 different teams(LSU, Ohio State and Alabama) and two different players(Zeke and Fournette) that have nothing to do with Barkley... what am I missing here?

    What are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same thingsWhat are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same things

    @the-gipper said:

    What are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same thingsWhat are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same things

    Oh no my man, you've got me all wrong, I've got those things you mention- 

    Brains- I'm a poet, an artist, a writer, musician and an inventor pursuing a patent...

    Heart- I'm a father to 3 children, my wife is blind and I volunteer as head coach AFTER working a full time job. The team I coach... just won the championship. I told the judge to waive all the child support my daughter's mother owed me for the last thirteen years. I saved a kitten from a storm drain after the fire department decided she was a lost cause. 

    Courage- I'm not afraid to go out on a limb to backup my convictions. I've took the blame for others when I could have stood down. I've saved a young girl from being raped at knifepoint in an apartment complex laundry room, I've dove through the window of a vehicle to commandeer it from a drunk driver. 

    But whatever, not trying to boast- sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. So yeah, I'm a beast- I will be rich one day and I will buy the Browns and lead them to a championship. Barkley is the best player available at #1 and if the Browns are serious about fixing this thing- it's Barkley or Bust. 

  • cocaine.jpg

  • Guarantee ????????

  • Drafting OL is the way to go.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You didn't say that, therefore I had to apply some context.

    Thanks for the clarification.  

    I’m not against the Browns drafting Barkley, but if they take him #1 overall, they’d better be damn sure that their top QB will be there at 4 

    @roycerolls said:

    I’m not against the Browns drafting Barkley, but if they take him #1 overall, they’d better be damn sure that their top QB will be there at 4 

    Very true.  And if we take a QB at #1 - won't Barkley be on our door step at #4 anyway?  I'm not understanding the urgency for this guy up that high just yet. I'm pretty confident there will be some RBs that can help us after round 1.

  • Browns have now interviewed 2 RB coaches..TCU's Curtis Luper & now LSU's Tommie Robinson (has NFL background with Zona) Tommie Robinson has coached both USC's RB Ronald Jones last season & RB Derrius Guice this past season at LSU. Tommy should surely be familiar with Kerryon Johnson, Auburn & Sony & Chubb at GA. All projected as round 2-3 RB's..no one is hired at RB coach at this point..but am leaning towards Robinson if Mack & Byner are still shut down😛

  • @the-gipper said:

    What are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same thingsWhat are you missing oh just watch the Wizard of Oz and see what the scarecrow tin man and lions are missing same things

    Oh no my man, you've got me all wrong, I've got those things you mention- 

    Brains- I'm a poet, an artist, a writer, musician and an inventor pursuing a patent...

    Heart- I'm a father to 3 children, my wife is blind and I volunteer as head coach AFTER working a full time job. The team I coach... just won the championship. I told the judge to waive all the child support my daughter's mother owed me for the last thirteen years. I saved a kitten from a storm drain after the fire department decided she was a lost cause. 

    Courage- I'm not afraid to go out on a limb to backup my convictions. I've took the blame for others when I could have stood down. I've saved a young girl from being raped at knifepoint in an apartment complex laundry room, I've dove through the window of a vehicle to commandeer it from a drunk driver. 

    But whatever, not trying to boast- sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. So yeah, I'm a beast- I will be rich one day and I will buy the Browns and lead them to a championship. Barkley is the best player available at #1 and if the Browns are serious about fixing this thing- it's Barkley or Bust. 

    @poeticg said:

    Oh no my man, you've got me all wrong, I've got those things you mention- 

    Brains- I'm a poet, an artist, a writer, musician and an inventor pursuing a patent...

    That all adds up to you being a dork. Next.

    Heart- I'm a father to 3 children, my wife is blind and I volunteer as head coach AFTER working a full time job. The team I coach... just won the championship. I told the judge to waive all the child support my daughter's mother owed me for the last thirteen years. I saved a kitten from a storm drain after the fire department decided she was a lost cause. 

    Why don't you run for public office?  (probably because if these facts were checked...they would all turn out to be BS)

    Courage- I'm not afraid to go out on a limb to backup my convictions. I've took the blame for others when I could have stood down. I've saved a young girl from being raped at knifepoint in an apartment complex laundry room, I've dove through the window of a vehicle to commandeer it from a drunk driver. 

    Probably the bravest thing you ever did was to back Hogan....I guess that took courage.

    But whatever, not trying to boast- sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. So yeah, I'm a beast- I will be rich one day and I will buy the Browns and lead them to a championship. Barkley is the best player available at #1 and if the Browns are serious about fixing this thing- it's Barkley or Bust. 

    I think you would need to have been rich already. to be able to buy the Browns.