Skip to content

2018 QB Class

The Browns Board
309 36 10.9k
  • actually that is simple - the first three games were vs far superior defenses than the talent on his offense.

    The second three - his offense was competitive in skill, and he led them to wins. Nobody is an altar boy. But Flugels wallows in the same rosenbum mire - stats don't tell the whole story.

    For instance:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580349-why-i-drafted-jay-cutler-and-what-happened-from-there

    "But then there's something we only recently began using called the "Human Resource Tactics" test, which gauges various aspects of a player's character makeup. Cutler's "Mental Quickness" score is off the charts. Two other numbers are not. His "Self Confidence" score is average. It should be higher than that. His "Focus and Social Maturity" score is worrisome. "

    I would say Allen has excellent Self Confidence and Focus and Social Maturity. Cutler lacked those to a serious degree - actually, rosenbum sounds very much like Cutler in that regard - poor social maturity/arrogant/not a leader.

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I think you are onto something with your YAC angle, but it is no panacea. Bubble screens that pop would pad the stat... zone Ds would suppress it... etc.

    When it comes to throwing accuracy, I don't think there's a stat or combination of stats that can fully capture it. Best approach would have to be grading each throw based upon where it ended up vs. where it optimally should have gone. And even then you couldn't be sure whether the receiver ran an accurate route.

    In the face of these limitations the best solution may be the simplest... stick with completion percentage.

    It's a fair point. However, think-tanks like Pro Football Focus devote endless hours to recording and ranking all sorts of crazy statistics, so I'm willing to bet they have SOMETHING that can help clarify the issue. How about, "Yards after the catch on passes traveling more than 5 yards down the field" or something similar. Does this metric exist? I dunno, but I think the info is out there somewhere. 

    Completion percentage is always going to be a good indicator for me, but I also can use the less reliable "eye test". This tells me people like Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, and Tom Brady (duh) all excel at placing the ball in a position for their receiver to run after the catch. Those are all some pretty high powered (uh, mostly Hall of Fame) names, but there are lesser names that also pass the eye test. Case Keenum for starters, and Sam Bradford (when healthy) both displayed the ability to place the ball quite accurately. Bradford has always been associated with stellar accuracy, and he could be worth a gamble. 

    My biggest problem with not signing Alex Smith is that we have yet ANOTHER example of our management NOT doing what it takes to make it happen AND the management thinking that THEIR vision is the best thing for the team. Arrogance, flat and simple. Every GM in the past umpteen years thought they could trade down, find a late 1st or 2nd round qb talent, or washed up veteran that could be the answer. They were ALL WRONG. Look back at ALL the moves our managers DIDN'T make. Why? Because they were either too cheap or too arrogant. Couple years ago, we could've had Kirk Cousins for a 2nd rounder. We didn't make the move. We don't have time to go through EVERY move we didn't make, but not getting Alex Smith is another example. And WHY didn't we make the move? Because we didn't want to extend him to a 4 year deal BECAUSE John Dorsey wants to pick a QB at number 1. In other words, Dorsey won't sign the premier free agent qb because HE wants to take HIS GUY. Does this sound familiar? It SHOULD, because it's EXACTLY the same mistake every other jackass GM made during his tenure. 

    Alex Smith is 34. What would you say if I told you we could stabilize the QB position for 4 years? The position that has STRANGLED our franchise for almost 20 years. The position we haven't gotten right in so many laughable ways. The position we screw up over and over again when the answers are staring at us directly in the FACE. Alex Smith could've taken us from literally the worst team in the history of the league, to possibly 8-8, or close to it. Do I know that for fact? Of course not, but I could make a very good argument for it. Heck, what if we were 6-10? Or even 5-11? We'd feel like we died and went to football heaven. 

    Another GM and another failure due to arrogance. ALL these jerks think they know best, and I get it, I really do. Their brains got them this far and they're used to getting their way. But every single one of these jerks just HAS to make things difficult. All Dorsey had to do was offer the second rounder, maybe a 4th rounder, and a contract for 4 years, $80 million and it's DONE. Browns fans get REAL FOOTBALL for a minimum of 4 years, maybe even 5. Why didn't we do it? Because Dorsey wants to show us just how freaking smart he is. He wants to show us that HE is the GM that can scout qb's, and HE is going to draft the right guy when none of the other idiots could get it done. I'm ticked off and it's more of the darn same. Go back and look at the close games we had this year. Even with our terrible defense, are you telling me Alex Smith doesn't win a few of those games? 4 years is a long time people. Even if we won...say...4 games in 2018 with Alex Smith. That still leaves us 3 more years TO BUILD. Maybe we win 8 or 9 in 2019. Perhaps we get to the playoffs after that. I just don't understand why Dorsey wouldn't offer Smith the extension. It's sickening, revolting, and absolutely proof that each of these GM's is no different from the other. They all think they're the smartest person in the room, and I'm SICK OF IT. Go back and look at that IDIOT Tony Grossi's final mock draft for the Browns in 2017. Deshaun Watson and Budda Baker. It's that easy folks. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It's a fair point. However, think-tanks like Pro Football Focus devote endless hours to recording and ranking all sorts of crazy statistics, so I'm willing to bet they have SOMETHING that can help clarify the issue. How about, "Yards after the catch on passes traveling more than 5 yards down the field" or something similar. Does this metric exist? I dunno, but I think the info is out there somewhere. 

    Completion percentage is always going to be a good indicator for me, but I also can use the less reliable "eye test". This tells me people like Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, and Tom Brady (duh) all excel at placing the ball in a position for their receiver to run after the catch. Those are all some pretty high powered (uh, mostly Hall of Fame) names, but there are lesser names that also pass the eye test. Case Keenum for starters, and Sam Bradford (when healthy) both displayed the ability to place the ball quite accurately. Bradford has always been associated with stellar accuracy, and he could be worth a gamble. 

    My biggest problem with not signing Alex Smith is that we have yet ANOTHER example of our management NOT doing what it takes to make it happen AND the management thinking that THEIR vision is the best thing for the team. Arrogance, flat and simple. Every GM in the past umpteen years thought they could trade down, find a late 1st or 2nd round qb talent, or washed up veteran that could be the answer. They were ALL WRONG. Look back at ALL the moves our managers DIDN'T make. Why? Because they were either too cheap or too arrogant. Couple years ago, we could've had Kirk Cousins for a 2nd rounder. We didn't make the move. We don't have time to go through EVERY move we didn't make, but not getting Alex Smith is another example. And WHY didn't we make the move? Because we didn't want to extend him to a 4 year deal BECAUSE John Dorsey wants to pick a QB at number 1. In other words, Dorsey won't sign the premier free agent qb because HE wants to take HIS GUY. Does this sound familiar? It SHOULD, because it's EXACTLY the same mistake every other jackass GM made during his tenure. 

    Alex Smith is 34. What would you say if I told you we could stabilize the QB position for 4 years? The position that has STRANGLED our franchise for almost 20 years. The position we haven't gotten right in so many laughable ways. The position we screw up over and over again when the answers are staring at us directly in the FACE. Alex Smith could've taken us from literally the worst team in the history of the league, to possibly 8-8, or close to it. Do I know that for fact? Of course not, but I could make a very good argument for it. Heck, what if we were 6-10? Or even 5-11? We'd feel like we died and went to football heaven. 

    Another GM and another failure due to arrogance. ALL these jerks think they know best, and I get it, I really do. Their brains got them this far and they're used to getting their way. But every single one of these jerks just HAS to make things difficult. All Dorsey had to do was offer the second rounder, maybe a 4th rounder, and a contract for 4 years, $80 million and it's DONE. Browns fans get REAL FOOTBALL for a minimum of 4 years, maybe even 5. Why didn't we do it? Because Dorsey wants to show us just how freaking smart he is. He wants to show us that HE is the GM that can scout qb's, and HE is going to draft the right guy when none of the other idiots could get it done. I'm ticked off and it's more of the darn same. Go back and look at the close games we had this year. Even with our terrible defense, are you telling me Alex Smith doesn't win a few of those games? 4 years is a long time people. Even if we won...say...4 games in 2018 with Alex Smith. That still leaves us 3 more years TO BUILD. Maybe we win 8 or 9 in 2019. Perhaps we get to the playoffs after that. I just don't understand why Dorsey wouldn't offer Smith the extension. It's sickening, revolting, and absolutely proof that each of these GM's is no different from the other. They all think they're the smartest person in the room, and I'm SICK OF IT. Go back and look at that IDIOT Tony Grossi's final mock draft for the Browns in 2017. Deshaun Watson and Budda Baker. It's that easy folks. 

    As much as I wanted Alex Smith over anyone, a lot of people were jumping the gun that Cleveland would be his favorite option because Dorsey once had 5 or 6 Pro Bowl players on a roster in KC that was just begging for the right HC&QB combination.  We don't have the recruiting attraction Dorsey had in KC here in Cleveland today.  Not only that, but the major difference between us and Washington is we hold the very 1st pick of the draft which doesn't command a 5 year commitment to Alex like Washington railroaded themselves into.  I'm glad we had someone strong enough mentally to apply the brakes where they needed to in this one.  Washington traded away all kinds of guys for RG3. Then they decided to play hardball with the QB they liked just so they could go passive-aggressive overboard commitment to Alex Smith?   Do you know what they proved to everyone?  They haven't learned a FREAKEN thing. One sum of mistakes leads them into a mistake even bigger than the sum of mistakes they're trying to overcome.  No thanks - I'm glad Dorsey understood the fine line between good deal and a bad deal in this one.  

    As much as I loved DeShaun Watson (had him and Trubisky tied for my best QBs) - I didn't have the gonads to make him #12 in my mock draft.  I took JuJu Smith there before Pittsburgh took him at #62 overall well deserving of all the ribbing I got.  Then again, Watson's durability lasted a sum of 5 weeks which was way more of a worry to me than his talent. I'm quite sure Grossi would have been the 1st one in the media reminding us of this injury had we selected Watson.  Not only that, Wentz' similar style of play also landed him on IR too right?  Philly won the SB without him and I'm sure Grossi will make sure he leaves that part of the truth whenever he wants to remind us how many SBs Philly won after drafting Wentz. 

    My advice is try not to listen to or read the shitstarters like Tony Grossi in the papers or on the radio.  He knows trash and controversy gives people attention or the Jerry Springer trash television wouldn't have rated #1 as long as it did.  It's sad to see that's the road he chose because once upon a time I thought he was a good journalist.  I prefer to read agenda-free articles about this team from someone like Pluto.  It gives us the facts we need to make our own judgments.  There's no venom or hateful agenda tied to it.

    If Dorsey was this "I before Team" kind of ego Grossi and other radio personalities have you convinced he is - why do you suppose our FO keeps getting bigger if Dorsey's ego just wants to make all the decisions without input just so he can receive all the credit?  Can we at least make it to free agency before we throw in the towel?    Give him the chance a disturbing portion of our media doesn't want him to have...

  • actually that is simple - the first three games were vs far superior defenses than the talent on his offense.

    The second three - his offense was competitive in skill, and he led them to wins. Nobody is an altar boy. But Flugels wallows in the same rosenbum mire - stats don't tell the whole story.

    For instance:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580349-why-i-drafted-jay-cutler-and-what-happened-from-there

    "But then there's something we only recently began using called the "Human Resource Tactics" test, which gauges various aspects of a player's character makeup. Cutler's "Mental Quickness" score is off the charts. Two other numbers are not. His "Self Confidence" score is average. It should be higher than that. His "Focus and Social Maturity" score is worrisome. "

    I would say Allen has excellent Self Confidence and Focus and Social Maturity. Cutler lacked those to a serious degree - actually, rosenbum sounds very much like Cutler in that regard - poor social maturity/arrogant/not a leader.

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

    @calfoxwc said:

    actually that is simple - the first three games were vs far superior defenses than the talent on his offense.

    The second three - his offense was competitive in skill, and he led them to wins. Nobody is an altar boy. But Flugels wallows in the same rosenbum mire - stats don't tell the whole story.

    For instance:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580349-why-i-drafted-jay-cutler-and-what-happened-from-there

    "But then there's something we only recently began using called the "Human Resource Tactics" test, which gauges various aspects of a player's character makeup. Cutler's "Mental Quickness" score is off the charts. Two other numbers are not. His "Self Confidence" score is average. It should be higher than that. His "Focus and Social Maturity" score is worrisome. "

    I would say Allen has excellent Self Confidence and Focus and Social Maturity. Cutler lacked those to a serious degree - actually, rosenbum sounds very much like Cutler in that regard - poor social maturity/arrogant/not a leader.

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

    Oh no you DITNT!   You would say he has excellent self confidence but the games he played that you never watched slam dunked otherwise. I posted the inconvenient numbers you played dodge ball with. In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    And Cal, how many times can you Budweiser Frog us the "yeah-but, he's a great kid."  That's a real game changer on the field of play let me tell you man.  I have nothing to do with why many scouts and fans think Rosen has way more accuracy and consistency than Allen has - just like I had no bearing on which kid was way more heavily recruited out of high school.   Just because you don't like Rosen doesn't make Allen a more talented QB.  Sorry - it doesn't work that way. Allen only had 16 TD passes in 2017 against a lot of corners that won't even be playing in the NFL. What do you want me to find so exciting about that especially in pertinence to round 1?  He had the same coach as Carson Wentz? Oh, that changes everything!  Does he also sit up straight at the dinner table and put the napkin in his lap?  And make sure you tell your readers he uses words like "please" and "thank you" Cal.  That'll make a huge difference. 

    If you want to keep going pedal to the metal Dr Frankensteining up a QB that only exists during REM sleep and between your 2 ears then run it man.  The 2 things that I hope keep him as far away from our team as possible are - he's inconsistent and he never escalates the play of those around him. Rosen has nothing to do with that. 

  • actually that is simple - the first three games were vs far superior defenses than the talent on his offense.

    The second three - his offense was competitive in skill, and he led them to wins. Nobody is an altar boy. But Flugels wallows in the same rosenbum mire - stats don't tell the whole story.

    For instance:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2580349-why-i-drafted-jay-cutler-and-what-happened-from-there

    "But then there's something we only recently began using called the "Human Resource Tactics" test, which gauges various aspects of a player's character makeup. Cutler's "Mental Quickness" score is off the charts. Two other numbers are not. His "Self Confidence" score is average. It should be higher than that. His "Focus and Social Maturity" score is worrisome. "

    I would say Allen has excellent Self Confidence and Focus and Social Maturity. Cutler lacked those to a serious degree - actually, rosenbum sounds very much like Cutler in that regard - poor social maturity/arrogant/not a leader.

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

    Baker Mayfield, the guy who has a run-in with cops, grabs his crotch on the sideline and screams "Shmuck You" at the opposing team, and just days ago trolls some high school kid going to Texas on Twitter has "excellent social maturity". 

    Laughable. 

  • In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    **********************************************************************

    that's odd, I watch most of his games his senior year, highlights of what he's capable of for more than that. I didn't watch the senior bowl, but your rosiebum poster boy wasn't in the senior bowl. He played "no mas" for his bowl game. I know you love him, I don't care - he's not the guy I would ever draft. Period. There is moresies than prettysies in drafting a face of yer franchise, edgar.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Mayfield, Jackson, and Allen seem to be the guys with the excellent social maturity, self-confidence and leadership of the group of top qbs.

    I sneeze in rosenbum's direction.

    Baker Mayfield, the guy who has a run-in with cops, grabs his crotch on the sideline and screams "Shmuck You" at the opposing team, and just days ago trolls some high school kid going to Texas on Twitter has "excellent social maturity". 

    Laughable. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Baker Mayfield, the guy who has a run-in with cops, grabs his crotch on the sideline and screams "Shmuck You" at the opposing team, and just days ago trolls some high school kid going to Texas on Twitter has "excellent social maturity". 

    Laughable. 

    "Social Maturity. Definition. Social maturity involves learning to properly relate to acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. It involves understanding how to honor and respect those in authority.Sep 25, 2013"
     
    So, Mayfield is loved by his college fans, acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. He understands and honors and respects those in authority, except one time when he was stupid drunk.
     
    He just doesn't like the enemy opponents. Now, do you see "enemy opponents" in the definition above?  Why, you just keep a lookin, and let us know when you find it, db.
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Baker Mayfield, the guy who has a run-in with cops, grabs his crotch on the sideline and screams "Shmuck You" at the opposing team, and just days ago trolls some high school kid going to Texas on Twitter has "excellent social maturity". 

    Laughable. 

    "Social Maturity. Definition. Social maturity involves learning to properly relate to acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. It involves understanding how to honor and respect those in authority.Sep 25, 2013"
     
    So, Mayfield is loved by his college fans, acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. He understands and honors and respects those in authority, except one time when he was stupid drunk.
     
    He just doesn't like the enemy opponents. Now, do you see "enemy opponents" in the definition above?  Why, you just keep a lookin, and let us know when you find it, db.

    @calfoxwc said:

    "Social Maturity. Definition. Social maturity involves learning to properly relate to acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. It involves understanding how to honor and respect those in authority.Sep 25, 2013"
     
    So, Mayfield is loved by his college fans, acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. He understands and honors and respects those in authority, except one time when he was stupid drunk.
     
    He just doesn't like the enemy opponents. Now, do you see "enemy opponents" in the definition above?  Why, you just keep a lookin, and let us know when you find it, db.

    As usual, you've cherry-picked what fits what you are saying and disregard what doesn't fit.

    He's not a mature individual, regardless of how you want to ignore his character flaws but drone on about Rosen's....

    And this upcoming season, how about you and I meet up in person before a Browns game? I'd love to have you call me a "db" to my face, cal. 😆

  • @calfoxwc said:

    "Social Maturity. Definition. Social maturity involves learning to properly relate to acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. It involves understanding how to honor and respect those in authority.Sep 25, 2013"
     
    So, Mayfield is loved by his college fans, acquaintances, family, neighbors, friends, and intimate relationships. He understands and honors and respects those in authority, except one time when he was stupid drunk.
     
    He just doesn't like the enemy opponents. Now, do you see "enemy opponents" in the definition above?  Why, you just keep a lookin, and let us know when you find it, db.

    As usual, you've cherry-picked what fits what you are saying and disregard what doesn't fit.

    He's not a mature individual, regardless of how you want to ignore his character flaws but drone on about Rosen's....

    And this upcoming season, how about you and I meet up in person before a Browns game? I'd love to have you call me a "db" to my face, cal. 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    And this upcoming season, how about you and I meet up in person before a Browns game? I'd love to have you call me a "db" to my face, cal. 😆

    Oh yeah, please, we just need another long thread about a fight that's never taking place between two grownups, just like the Ghoolie vs Zombo one. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And this upcoming season, how about you and I meet up in person before a Browns game? I'd love to have you call me a "db" to my face, cal. 😆

    Oh yeah, please, we just need another long thread about a fight that's never taking place between two grownups, just like the Ghoolie vs Zombo one. 

    @nero said:

    Oh yeah, please, we just need another long thread about a fight that's never taking place between two grownups, just like the Ghoolie vs Zombo one. 

    I don't think there would be a fight Nero, I've just always wanted to meet a walking, talking vagina wearing a red MAGA hat. It would be a helluva story! 

  • @nero said:

    Oh yeah, please, we just need another long thread about a fight that's never taking place between two grownups, just like the Ghoolie vs Zombo one. 

    I don't think there would be a fight Nero, I've just always wanted to meet a walking, talking vagina wearing a red MAGA hat. It would be a helluva story! 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think there would be a fight Nero, I've just always wanted to meet a walking, talking vagina wearing a red MAGA hat. It would be a helluva story! 

    People hating each other over a 0-16 team doesn't make a helluva story either...

  • In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    **********************************************************************

    that's odd, I watch most of his games his senior year, highlights of what he's capable of for more than that. I didn't watch the senior bowl, but your rosiebum poster boy wasn't in the senior bowl. He played "no mas" for his bowl game. I know you love him, I don't care - he's not the guy I would ever draft. Period. There is moresies than prettysies in drafting a face of yer franchise, edgar.

    @calfoxwc said:

    In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    **********************************************************************

    that's odd, I watch most of his games his senior year, highlights of what he's capable of for more than that. I didn't watch the senior bowl, but your rosiebum poster boy wasn't in the senior bowl. He played "no mas" for his bowl game. I know you love him, I don't care - he's not the guy I would ever draft. Period. There is moresies than prettysies in drafting a face of yer franchise, edgar.

    You admire social maturity and give me a reply like this? 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    In fact, how many times have you ever watched him play an entire game throughout his entire scholarship?  You didn't even watch the Senior Bowl so it's hard to take your gigantic fondness of the complete stranger you've never committed as much as 60 minutes of viewing time to seriously here.  You really don't know that much about how he competes nor have you tried to. 

    **********************************************************************

    that's odd, I watch most of his games his senior year, highlights of what he's capable of for more than that. I didn't watch the senior bowl, but your rosiebum poster boy wasn't in the senior bowl. He played "no mas" for his bowl game. I know you love him, I don't care - he's not the guy I would ever draft. Period. There is moresies than prettysies in drafting a face of yer franchise, edgar.

    You admire social maturity and give me a reply like this? 

    @flugel said:

    You admire social maturity and give me a reply like this? 

    What goes around, comes around. God Bless Ya !

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think there would be a fight Nero, I've just always wanted to meet a walking, talking vagina wearing a red MAGA hat. It would be a helluva story! 

    People hating each other over a 0-16 team doesn't make a helluva story either...

    @nero said:

    People hating each other over a 0-16 team doesn't make a helluva story either...

    Oh god just think if they were 8-8! (sorry I couldn't resist this little mud bath 😆)

  • Manziel definitely sucked. Even if he was a choir boy, Manziel would have still sucked.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Manziel definitely sucked. Even if he was a choir boy, Manziel would have still sucked.

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Manziel definitely sucked. Even if he was a choir boy, Manziel would have still sucked.

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    @boo-fagley said:

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    And he won the Heisman Trophy as a sophomore, sucks? They just don't have a raffle for those I think.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Manziel definitely sucked. Even if he was a choir boy, Manziel would have still sucked.

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    @boo-fagley said:

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    Having a good college completion percentage does not guarantee success in the NFL. But having a bad one in college is a surefire guarantee that you will fail in the pros. Completion percentage doesn't tend to go up when the windows get smaller.

  • Just like last year getting close to the draft and Johnny Shmuckstain trying to become relevant again 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    But Johhny threw for 69% completions.

    Having a good college completion percentage does not guarantee success in the NFL. But having a bad one in college is a surefire guarantee that you will fail in the pros. Completion percentage doesn't tend to go up when the windows get smaller.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Having a good college completion percentage does not guarantee success in the NFL. But having a bad one in college is a surefire guarantee that you will fail in the pros. Completion percentage doesn't tend to go up when the windows get smaller.

    Brady, Brees and Farve all improved.  All will be 1st ballot HOFers.

    Yeah, but Im comparing Josh Allen to the best. Yup, exactly!

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Having a good college completion percentage does not guarantee success in the NFL. But having a bad one in college is a surefire guarantee that you will fail in the pros. Completion percentage doesn't tend to go up when the windows get smaller.

    Brady, Brees and Farve all improved.  All will be 1st ballot HOFers.

    Yeah, but Im comparing Josh Allen to the best. Yup, exactly!

    @boo-fagley said:

    Brady, Brees and Farve all improved.  All will be 1st ballot HOFers.

    Yeah, but Im comparing Josh Allen to the best. Yup, exactly!

    They did the same with Jamarcus Russell.

  • @flugel said:

    You admire social maturity and give me a reply like this? 

    What goes around, comes around. God Bless Ya !

    @calfoxwc said:

    What goes around, comes around. God Bless Ya !

    I said I didn't think Josh Allen is a top 3 QB - still don't.

    If you want a QB that is over 6'4" that can also run, that has a strong arm but isn't accurate - we already have that guy (DeShone Kizer).  And he wasn't drafted within the 1st 4 picks of the draft. That said, he threw a lot more than 16 TD passes against better corners in his last year of college football.