Skip to content

Kalen Ballage - RB

The Browns Board
47 11 1.7k 1
  • Kalen

    Ballage

    • RB
    • 6-2
    • 227
    • 40 4.50
    • Exp 2014 - ...

    Peyton, CO (Falcon)

    Panini Senior Bowl@seniorbowl
    RB Max Speeds first 2 days:
    Kalen Ballage (ASU) – 19.42 MPH
    Akrum Wadley (Iowa) – 19.3 MPH
    Ito Smith (So. Miss.) – 19.17 MPH
    Jaylen Samuels (NC State) – 19.5 MPH
    Rashaad Penny (SDSU) – 18.61 MPH
    Darrel Williams (LSU) – 17.7 MPH
    Fastest RB in NFL in '17: L. Fournette - 22.05 MPH

    RB Max Speeds first 2 days:
    Kalen Ballage (ASU) – 19.42 MPH
    Akrum Wadley (Iowa) – 19.3 MPH
    Ito Smith (So. Miss.) – 19.17 MPH
    Jaylen Samuels (NC State) – 19.5 MPH
    Rashaad Penny (SDSU) – 18.61 MPH
    Darrel Williams (LSU) – 17.7 MPH
    Fastest RB in NFL in '17: L. Fournette - 22.05 MPH

  • physicality questioned - but shows it in games. Interesting player.

    4th round? who knows.

  • Walterfootball tags him as very late round or UFA and thinks he functions better if converted to FB.

  • Last year I thought Kamara out of  Tennessee I believe may have been a good choice for the Browns to take at RB in the mid rounds.  They didn't do it.  New Orleans did...and he lived up to my expectations.

    Is this guy your Kamara?    What is he?  Mid round prospect?

  • Last year I thought Kamara out of  Tennessee I believe may have been a good choice for the Browns to take at RB in the mid rounds.  They didn't do it.  New Orleans did...and he lived up to my expectations.

    Is this guy your Kamara?    What is he?  Mid round prospect?

    @the-gipper said:

    Last year I thought Kamara out of  Tennessee I believe may have been a good choice for the Browns to take at RB in the mid rounds.  They didn't do it.  New Orleans did...and he lived up to my expectations.

    Is this guy your Kamara?    What is he?  Mid round prospect?

    Kamara is that rare guy who is better/more impactful as a pro vs college player. Just depends on the situation you find yourself in. Kamara and Hunt both ended up in great situations for themselves. 

    Gurley, Zeke, and Fournette top backs drafted past 3 seasons, they wouldn't have been as effective with teams like Cleveland or either NY team.

  • true - I wonder where this guy would go - after the combine. Maybe 4th round? early fifth? who knows. I do want a bigger power back like him - we don't have that power runner - our fb now rarely ever carries the ball in the red zone. who knows.

  • true - I wonder where this guy would go - after the combine. Maybe 4th round? early fifth? who knows. I do want a bigger power back like him - we don't have that power runner - our fb now rarely ever carries the ball in the red zone. who knows.

    @calfoxwc said:

    true - I wonder where this guy would go - after the combine. Maybe 4th round? early fifth? who knows. I do want a bigger power back like him - we don't have that power runner - our fb now rarely ever carries the ball in the red zone. who knows.

    Crowe would be that guy....but arsebarg Hue doesn't believe in running the ball close to the endzone.  Let's dial up some trick play.

  • Not only do the Browns need to find a power back to replace Crowell, they need to consider taking a RB who fits the Duke Johnson role, because he's a free agent after next season. 

    I love this RB class. 

  • true - I wonder where this guy would go - after the combine. Maybe 4th round? early fifth? who knows. I do want a bigger power back like him - we don't have that power runner - our fb now rarely ever carries the ball in the red zone. who knows.

    @calfoxwc said:

    true - I wonder where this guy would go - after the combine. Maybe 4th round? early fifth? who knows. I do want a bigger power back like him - we don't have that power runner - our fb now rarely ever carries the ball in the red zone. who knows.

    If Huey is no longer calling redzone plays, then we have a better chance with a power back like other good red zone teams. The Titans never understood that with Henry, so now that coach is long gone too.

  • Not only do the Browns need to find a power back to replace Crowell, they need to consider taking a RB who fits the Duke Johnson role, because he's a free agent after next season. 

    I love this RB class. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Not only do the Browns need to find a power back to replace Crowell, they need to consider taking a RB who fits the Duke Johnson role, because he's a free agent after next season. 

    I love this RB class. 

    Pick the best on the board in R1 or wait for R2 or later pickups? (the new normal for RBs)

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Not only do the Browns need to find a power back to replace Crowell, they need to consider taking a RB who fits the Duke Johnson role, because he's a free agent after next season. 

    I love this RB class. 

    Pick the best on the board in R1 or wait for R2 or later pickups? (the new normal for RBs)

    @mjp28 said:

    Pick the best on the board in R1 or wait for R2 or later pickups? (the new normal for RBs)

    There is no way I'd use the #1 or #4 overall pick on a RB.

    I'd strongly consider taking one with one of the 2nds though. Duke is a free agent after this season, I'd be fine with taking another RB too...

  • @mjp28 said:

    Pick the best on the board in R1 or wait for R2 or later pickups? (the new normal for RBs)

    There is no way I'd use the #1 or #4 overall pick on a RB.

    I'd strongly consider taking one with one of the 2nds though. Duke is a free agent after this season, I'd be fine with taking another RB too...

    @dutch-oven said:

     Duke is a free agent after this season, I'd be fine with taking another RB too...

    I'd get use to Duke taking some of the money that Crow don't want. Dayes needs playing time but how can he sitting behind Duke.. we need to draft a Big time Banger.. see a lot of Dukes in this draft but we need a Fournette type

  • @dutch-oven said:

     Duke is a free agent after this season, I'd be fine with taking another RB too...

    I'd get use to Duke taking some of the money that Crow don't want. Dayes needs playing time but how can he sitting behind Duke.. we need to draft a Big time Banger.. see a lot of Dukes in this draft but we need a Fournette type

    @gumby73 said:

    I'd get use to Duke taking some of the money that Crow don't want. Dayes needs playing time but how can he sitting behind Duke.. we need to draft a Big time Banger.. see a lot of Dukes in this draft but we need a Fournette type

    Bo Scarbrough would meet those specs.

  • Scarbrough has never played a whole season for injuries.

    Kalen Ballage is a big, powerful rb that runs a 4.4, played all sorts of positions in hs, and

    is a terrific kid:

  • Now, watch this kid play - he nearly as fast as Barkley, but he is a power runner.

    This kid must be a Cleveland Brown. I think his stock will go up. I think I could draft this

    kid in the third ? round, and he would be an immediate impact player at rb.

    There just has to be a pick for him in the Browns draft this coming year.

    And wait til after the combine. Highlights from college:

  • http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/kalen-ballage?id=2559995

    Vision issues being mentioned gives me the bubble guts. TRich sucked for just that reason.

  • Yea, the senior bowl practice week has become a build up chat week of prospects. Fell into the trap so I turned the film on on Kalen. Lot of frame to grow into at 6'3" 230 but imo Arizona St. did him a favor coming off a good year as a Junior but this Katz stat line just is not impressive. Lot of carries just not a lot of production numbers..For the life of me I still can't find if he has a fumblitist issue with no numbers showing up, against not a great division for Defense..

  • Scarbrough has never played a whole season for injuries.

    Kalen Ballage is a big, powerful rb that runs a 4.4, played all sorts of positions in hs, and

    is a terrific kid:

    @calfoxwc said:

    Scarbrough has never played a whole season for injuries.

    He played in every game this season and only missed one game the season before. 

    The injury plagued season was his freshman year.