Skip to content

Saquon Barkley Combine Bound

Locked The Browns Board
341 31 10.4k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    The Giants are an intelligent, well-run franchise.

    Intelligent, well-run franchises don't pass on the replacement for their 37 year old QB for a RB with a top 5 pick. Especially franchises who rarely ever find themselves this high in the draft.

    My reply to your comment is for you to watch the video. Toward the end you'll get the answer you're looking for. Justification. 

    S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    My reply to your comment is for you to watch the video. Toward the end you'll get the answer you're looking for. Justification. 

    This team need to do something drastic.  Take a QB at #1 and #4 unless Barkley is there at #4.  The QB competition needs to be wide-a$$ open.  Kizer blows.

  • Film Room Session. Come, learn with me 🙂 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Film Room Session. Come, learn with me 🙂 

    I learned he has another fan boy. Anything in that video (I wasted 10 minutes looking at it) has already been rehashed around 10 times. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Another 13 pages of PoG Suckson Barkley thread? 

    You know...doing too much pole smoking like Po does may not be all that great for his health.

    24324d1222893757-i-guess-you-would-call-

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Po be's pole dancing over Suckson Barkley:

    poledancing.jpg

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Seems like I do at least know as much as Mel Kiper. He's got Barkley going to the Giants #2... 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Didn't Kiper have the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 in his first mock?

  • Didn't Kiper have the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 in his first mock?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Kiper have the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 in his first mock?

    Oh god I hope the BROWNS brass don't put any stock into that drivel.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Here's the first video Nike's released.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Kiper have the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 in his first mock?

    Oh god I hope the BROWNS brass don't put any stock into that drivel.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh god I hope the BROWNS brass don't put any stock into that drivel.

    It's just sad to see Kiper slipping into senility right before our eyes....  

  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh god I hope the BROWNS brass don't put any stock into that drivel.

    It's just sad to see Kiper slipping into senility right before our eyes....  

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's just sad to see Kiper slipping into senility right before our eyes....  

    I was never a Kiper fan anyways.   I much prefer the NFL network gang of scouts/draft experts.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's just sad to see Kiper slipping into senility right before our eyes....  

    I was never a Kiper fan anyways.   I much prefer the NFL network gang of scouts/draft experts.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    I was never a Kiper fan anyways.   I much prefer the NFL network gang of scouts/draft experts.

    I like McShay strictly based on his ability to bust Vampire Kiper's balls. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's just sad to see Kiper slipping into senility right before our eyes....  

    I was never a Kiper fan anyways.   I much prefer the NFL network gang of scouts/draft experts.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    I was never a Kiper fan anyways. 

    He's a Ravens homo. I liked Kiper.. till the day Kiper told the world that Cam Erving could play every OL Position..Than we were dumb enough to try it..  

  • Didn't Kiper have the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 in his first mock?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Didn't Kiper have the Browns taking Josh Allen #1 in his first mock?

    And has Allen #1 in his second mock too... 🙁  (unless you're Cal) Comparing him to Matt Stafford? Don't think so Mel. I knew Mayfield would start moving up the boards fast.   

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Josh Allen, #1 overall would be a very Cleveland Browns thing to do. 

    You don't go a generation without winning a playoff game by accident. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    13 pages in this thread and nobody has brought up that I charted RB 1's in a Hue offense (going back to Oakland) average on 14cpg.  

    My personal belief on Barkley aside - whomever would advocate for him being a top 5 pick...  can you justify the Browns taking him knowing how criminally underused running backs are under our current HC?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    What amount of touches did Crowell get? Then add in Dukes touches, and their combined catches and you'll get the answer. 

    I'll check it out. 

  • What amount of touches did Crowell get? Then add in Dukes touches, and their combined catches and you'll get the answer. 

    I'll check it out. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    What amount of touches did Crowell get? Then add in Dukes touches, and their combined catches and you'll get the answer. 

    I'll check it out. 

    Crowell - 191 attempts. Duke - 81 attempts. 

    Let's round it up some to imagine an offense actually moving the chains consistently. Let's say 333 carries. 

    Receiving

    Crowell - 28 catches. Duke - 74 catches. So add in another 120 catches. 

    333 carries and 120 catches. Roughly 453 touches. Is that the answer you were looking for? 

    We can break that down per game 453 divided by 16 games(not counting the post season) to around 28 touches per game... although It think it could amount to more, I guess it would depend on what the defenses decide to do. 

  • 13 pages in this thread and nobody has brought up that I charted RB 1's in a Hue offense (going back to Oakland) average on 14cpg.  

    My personal belief on Barkley aside - whomever would advocate for him being a top 5 pick...  can you justify the Browns taking him knowing how criminally underused running backs are under our current HC?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    13 pages in this thread and nobody has brought up that I charted RB 1's in a Hue offense (going back to Oakland) average on 14cpg.  

    My personal belief on Barkley aside - whomever would advocate for him being a top 5 pick...  can you justify the Browns taking him knowing how criminally underused running backs are under our current HC?

    The same thought process should be used regarding Josh Allen... How can anyone justify this organization taking a QB who even supporters admit needs to sit for a season or two, when rushing QBs onto the field has been what this team (sans Brady Quinn) has done time after time?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's just sad to see Kiper slipping into senility right before our eyes....  

    I was never a Kiper fan anyways.   I much prefer the NFL network gang of scouts/draft experts.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    I was never a Kiper fan anyways.   I much prefer the NFL network gang of scouts/draft experts.

    I used to like Mel Kiper Jr  way back because he was the first one to really get into the draft business when ESPN was the only show in town. Now it's a big primetime event.

    By JIMMY TRAINA  (from SI)
    February 14, 2018

    And then there were three.

    In addition to already airing on ESPN and the NFL Network, a new report says the 2018 NFL Draft will also be broadcast on over-the-air TV, with Fox televising the yearly event.

    Fox, which recently signed a five-year deal with the NFL to air Thursday Night Football, will reportedly carry the NFL Network feed of the Draft. 

    Rich Eisen hosts the Draft for the NFL Network. 

    The 2018 NFL Draft takes place in Dallas on April 26-28.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    If you don't believe the NFL and the networks aren't driven by ratings read this, from NBC PFT.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/14/draft-will-be-televised-by-fox/

    ......Last year, a separate source told PFT that the league already had the ability to place the draft on a broadcast network, hinting that it would be the next logical step in making the draft a bigger and better event. The league drew rave reviews for choosing Philadelphia as the destination, with more than 70,000 fans showing up for the first night.

    This year, the draft will be held in Dallas, and the crowd surely will be even larger. The TV audience definitely will be; events carried on channels available through the public airwaves always do better than events televised on cable.