Skip to content

Garoppolo

The Browns Board
47 18 1.9k 2
  • Yes, it is a no-brainer to say we should have drafted him over Johnny.

    But what we really should have done is traded for him. Before last year. When we could get him in there for a year before the contract was due. I think I had about 100 page thread about it. We deiced to do nothing and bank on a 21 year old second rounder instead. And then when we realized the consequences of that, we were passed over by NE for Grop and made a lame attempt at McCarron that failed.

    That's why Sashi isn't here. Because of Wentz, Watson, the Grop trade and the failed McCarron trade.

    But hopefully this bullshit is over. In Dorsey We Trust.

    Zombo

  • Yes, it is a no-brainer to say we should have drafted him over Johnny.

    But what we really should have done is traded for him. Before last year. When we could get him in there for a year before the contract was due. I think I had about 100 page thread about it. We deiced to do nothing and bank on a 21 year old second rounder instead. And then when we realized the consequences of that, we were passed over by NE for Grop and made a lame attempt at McCarron that failed.

    That's why Sashi isn't here. Because of Wentz, Watson, the Grop trade and the failed McCarron trade.

    But hopefully this bullshit is over. In Dorsey We Trust.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Yes, it is a no-brainer to say we should have drafted him over Johnny.

    But what we really should have done is traded for him. Before last year. When we could get him in there for a year before the contract was due. I think I had about 100 page thread about it. We deiced to do nothing and bank on a 21 year old second rounder instead. And then when we realized the consequences of that, we were passed over by NE for Grop and made a lame attempt at McCarron that failed.

    That's why Sashi isn't here. Because of Wentz, Watson, the Grop trade and the failed McCarron trade.

    But hopefully this cowpoop is over. In Dorsey We Trust.

    Zombo

    I'll keep saying it over and over again. I don't think Sashi is the one to blame for the Garoppolo trade. 

    If you do what all the league considers logic at one point, then how could you be blamed? We offered a 2nd round, IIRC, and NOBODY thought that we should have offered more. 

    We drafted Kizer as a plan B. And I'm not angry because Trubisky doesn't look very good, Watson has confirmed the injury concerns and we haven't seen Mahomes yet. 

  • Zombo said:

    Yes, it is a no-brainer to say we should have drafted him over Johnny.

    But what we really should have done is traded for him. Before last year. When we could get him in there for a year before the contract was due. I think I had about 100 page thread about it. We deiced to do nothing and bank on a 21 year old second rounder instead. And then when we realized the consequences of that, we were passed over by NE for Grop and made a lame attempt at McCarron that failed.

    That's why Sashi isn't here. Because of Wentz, Watson, the Grop trade and the failed McCarron trade.

    But hopefully this cowpoop is over. In Dorsey We Trust.

    Zombo

    I'll keep saying it over and over again. I don't think Sashi is the one to blame for the Garoppolo trade. 

    If you do what all the league considers logic at one point, then how could you be blamed? We offered a 2nd round, IIRC, and NOBODY thought that we should have offered more. 

    We drafted Kizer as a plan B. And I'm not angry because Trubisky doesn't look very good, Watson has confirmed the injury concerns and we haven't seen Mahomes yet. 

    @nero said:

    I'll keep saying it over and over again. I don't think Sashi is the one to blame for the Garoppolo trade. 

    If you do what all the league considers logic at one point, then how could you be blamed? We offered a 2nd round, IIRC, and NOBODY thought that we should have offered more. 

    We drafted Kizer as a plan B. And I'm not angry because Trubisky doesn't look very good, Watson has confirmed the injury concerns and we haven't seen Mahomes yet. 

    Did we offer a 2nd before the draft last year? Because that's what I'm talking about. I would have given up our second first rounder for him last year, it's on record. But we parlayed that into a safety that plays 30 yards off the ball, so we're good.

    Zombo

  • @nero said:

    I'll keep saying it over and over again. I don't think Sashi is the one to blame for the Garoppolo trade. 

    If you do what all the league considers logic at one point, then how could you be blamed? We offered a 2nd round, IIRC, and NOBODY thought that we should have offered more. 

    We drafted Kizer as a plan B. And I'm not angry because Trubisky doesn't look very good, Watson has confirmed the injury concerns and we haven't seen Mahomes yet. 

    Did we offer a 2nd before the draft last year? Because that's what I'm talking about. I would have given up our second first rounder for him last year, it's on record. But we parlayed that into a safety that plays 30 yards off the ball, so we're good.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Did we offer a 2nd before the draft last year? Because that's what I'm talking about. I would have given up our second first rounder for him last year, it's on record. But we parlayed that into a safety that plays 30 yards off the ball, so we're good.

    Zombo

    Well, had it gone wrong today we would be saying why the heck did we trade Garoppolo for a 1st round. 

    It can go both ways and if you make a reasonable decision (not risking a 1st) you shouldn't be blamed for it. 

  • Zombo said:

    Did we offer a 2nd before the draft last year? Because that's what I'm talking about. I would have given up our second first rounder for him last year, it's on record. But we parlayed that into a safety that plays 30 yards off the ball, so we're good.

    Zombo

    Well, had it gone wrong today we would be saying why the heck did we trade Garoppolo for a 1st round. 

    It can go both ways and if you make a reasonable decision (not risking a 1st) you shouldn't be blamed for it. 

    @nero said:

    Well, had it gone wrong today we would be saying why the heck did we trade Garoppolo for a 1st round. 

    It can go both ways and if you make a reasonable decision (not risking a 1st) you shouldn't be blamed for it. 

    If you are the head of the organization and after two years your QB stable is Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan ... You should be blamed for it.

    Zombo

  • @nero said:

    Well, had it gone wrong today we would be saying why the heck did we trade Garoppolo for a 1st round. 

    It can go both ways and if you make a reasonable decision (not risking a 1st) you shouldn't be blamed for it. 

    If you are the head of the organization and after two years your QB stable is Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan ... You should be blamed for it.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    If you are the head of the organization and after two years your QB stable is Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan ... You should be blamed for it.

    Zombo

    Of course. But I'm talking only about Jimmy Garoppolo here. 

  • Zombo said:

    If you are the head of the organization and after two years your QB stable is Deshone Kizer, Cody Kessler and Kevin Hogan ... You should be blamed for it.

    Zombo

    Of course. But I'm talking only about Jimmy Garoppolo here. 

    @nero said:

    Of course. But I'm talking only about Jimmy Garoppolo here. 

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

    Zombo

    *Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

  • @nero said:

    Of course. But I'm talking only about Jimmy Garoppolo here. 

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

    Zombo

    *Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

    Zombo said:

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't reach for a 3 game starter 2nd round backup offering a #12 overall, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    FIFY. 

  • @nero said:

    Of course. But I'm talking only about Jimmy Garoppolo here. 

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

    Zombo

    *Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

    Zombo said:

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

    Zombo

    *Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

    You can also throw in the fact that Sashi couldn’t draft or bring in a WR worth a sh!t.

  • I think I read or heard that the Browns offered a 1st before the season and were turned down. Jimmy didn't want to go to Cleveland, and Belichick wasn't sending him out to somewhere he didn't want to be.

    In the short time he has been on the field (and things could certainly change, he won't be UNDEFEATED forever), he has looked better than any of the FA QBs and better than rookies besides Watson who got hurt

  • Zombo said:

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

    Zombo

    *Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

    You can also throw in the fact that Sashi couldn’t draft or bring in a WR worth a sh!t.

    @canton-dawg said:

    You can also throw in the fact that Sashi couldn’t draft or bring in a WR worth a sh!t.

    What? He brought in Britt, Bowe and "hands" Coleman! What more could you ask for?😉

  • Zombo said:

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't reach for a 3 game starter 2nd round backup offering a #12 overall, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    FIFY. 

    @nero said:

    FIFY. 

    He should have.

    FIFY.

    Zombo

  • @nero said:

    FIFY. 

    He should have.

    FIFY.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    He should have.

    FIFY.

    Zombo

    wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.. sorry to digress.. back to topic... I agree w/Zombo.. Sahi basically dropped the ball and signed his own death warrant.

  • @nero said:

    Of course. But I'm talking only about Jimmy Garoppolo here. 

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

    Zombo

    *Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

    Zombo said:

    Sashi Brown's NFL gravemarker reads "passed on Wentz, passed on Watson, didn't ante up for Jimmy, couldn't beat the clock on A.J*, here lies 1-31"

    I expect Dorsey to be WAY more aggressive when it comes to securing a franchise QB for the Cleveland Browns. If he goes down, he goes down swinging.

    Zombo

    *Not that I am any fan of McCarren, but the fact that he botched that trade was his final kiss of death

    And...I suspect that the HC....and the owner, felt that Sashi sabotaged it....not just botched it.    I mean...we were all glad he did that.....but the guys in the Browns inner circle clearly were not as happy about it as the fans were. 

    McCarron is not the answer....in my opinion.  If he is not declared a FA....I really would not want to see the Browns part with much to get him. 4th rounder maybe.    I think we can do just as well or better by getting a veteran Bridge QB who is a FA.....be that Bradford/Fitzpatrick/McCown or the like. 

    If we have Hue and McCarron  together....I just see more complete suckage coming.  We may as well just stick with Kizer.

  • Zombo said:

    He should have.

    FIFY.

    Zombo

    wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.. sorry to digress.. back to topic... I agree w/Zombo.. Sahi basically dropped the ball and signed his own death warrant.

    @nickers said:

    wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.....

    YMBAOF 

    \/

    \/

    \/

    \/

    You Must Be An Old Fart (YMBAOF)😆

  • Zombo said:

    He should have.

    FIFY.

    Zombo

    wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.. sorry to digress.. back to topic... I agree w/Zombo.. Sahi basically dropped the ball and signed his own death warrant.

    @nickers said:

    wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.. sorry to digress.. back to topic... I agree w/Zombo.. Sahi basically dropped the ball and signed his own death warrant.

    ROFLMAO, WTF bro? LOL FML, DAE PAW?

    ICYMI I'm J/K

  • @nickers said:

    wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.. sorry to digress.. back to topic... I agree w/Zombo.. Sahi basically dropped the ball and signed his own death warrant.

    ROFLMAO, WTF bro? LOL FML, DAE PAW?

    ICYMI I'm J/K

    @nero said:

    ROFLMAO, WTF bro? LOL FML, DAE PAW?

    ICYMI I'm J/K

    FU

  • @nero said:

    ROFLMAO, WTF bro? LOL FML, DAE PAW?

    ICYMI I'm J/K

    FU

    @nickers said:

    FU

    If it's hard for you to know what do acronyms mean, imagine for the Spaniard. I started using them because everyone else does so, my man! 

  • @nickers said:

    wtf is FIFY? Never mind I found it.. Kids and theyre damn acronyms.. No wonder why we have such a dumb generation of kids.. sorry to digress.. back to topic... I agree w/Zombo.. Sahi basically dropped the ball and signed his own death warrant.

    ROFLMAO, WTF bro? LOL FML, DAE PAW?

    ICYMI I'm J/K

    @nero said:

    ROFLMAO, WTF bro? LOL FML, DAE PAW?

    ICYMI I'm J/K

    In my profession I use the acronym  POA a lot....either for Power Of Attorney.....or Piss Off Arsehole.

  • Shoulda...woulda....coulda...

    We should've drafted a lot of players.

    @mark-o said:

    Shoulda...woulda....coulda...

    We should've drafted a lot of players.

    Don't worry, there are plenty of lardass offensive linemen waiting to follow in the footsteps of Joe "I Made No Difference" Thomas.