Skip to content

Options

The Browns Board
29 17 818 1
  • If Chubb was there I'd sure be tempted, but we need help in our secondary so badly. That would be Fitz. I think Chubb will be gone by #4 anyway so a no brainer for me.

  • Fitzpatrick.

    He fills a big need at corner or free safety. Read an SI story on him, the Saban loves the kid. He's a perfectionist and almost like another coach on the field. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Fitzpatrick.

    He fills a big need at corner or free safety. Read an SI story on him, the Saban loves the kid. He's a perfectionist and almost like another coach on the field. 

    Sounds like a Belichick pick if he could make it.

  • Why would you pick Nelson @ #4 when you already have 2 starting guards with big contracts, especially when you have bigger needs 

  • Fitzpatrick.

    He fills a big need at corner or free safety. Read an SI story on him, the Saban loves the kid. He's a perfectionist and almost like another coach on the field. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Fitzpatrick.

    He fills a big need at corner or free safety. Read an SI story on him, the Saban loves the kid. He's a perfectionist and almost like another coach on the field. 

    The only thing is he plays for Alabama.  They usually have the most talent overall.  He could easily be another Trent Richardson and no one would know or see it. I'd take Saquon Barkley.  Our offence really needs this guy to improve our running game.  This would allow Gordon and whomever we pick up at WR along with our TEs, to get open (quickly).  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Fitzpatrick.

    He fills a big need at corner or free safety. Read an SI story on him, the Saban loves the kid. He's a perfectionist and almost like another coach on the field. 

    The only thing is he plays for Alabama.  They usually have the most talent overall.  He could easily be another Trent Richardson and no one would know or see it. I'd take Saquon Barkley.  Our offence really needs this guy to improve our running game.  This would allow Gordon and whomever we pick up at WR along with our TEs, to get open (quickly).  

    @dawg2fan said:

    The only thing is he plays for Alabama.  They usually have the most talent overall.  He could easily be another Trent Richardson and no one would know or see it. I'd take Saquon Barkley.  Our offence really needs this guy to improve our running game.  This would allow Gordon and whomever we pick up at WR along with our TEs, to get open (quickly).  

    Is Fitzpatrick a CB or a Safety?

    Could he be our Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu......or Darrell Revis......or could he be Dee Milliner?

  • @dawg2fan said:

    The only thing is he plays for Alabama.  They usually have the most talent overall.  He could easily be another Trent Richardson and no one would know or see it. I'd take Saquon Barkley.  Our offence really needs this guy to improve our running game.  This would allow Gordon and whomever we pick up at WR along with our TEs, to get open (quickly).  

    Is Fitzpatrick a CB or a Safety?

    Could he be our Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu......or Darrell Revis......or could he be Dee Milliner?

    @the-gipper said:

    Is Fitzpatrick a CB or a Safety?

    Could he be our Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu......or Darrell Revis......or could he be Dee Milliner?

    Justin Gilbert ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Is Fitzpatrick a CB or a Safety?

    Could he be our Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu......or Darrell Revis......or could he be Dee Milliner?

    Justin Gilbert ?

    @darren15 said:

    Justin Gilbert ?

    @darren15 said:

    Justin Gilbert ?

  • @dawg2fan said:

    The only thing is he plays for Alabama.  They usually have the most talent overall.  He could easily be another Trent Richardson and no one would know or see it. I'd take Saquon Barkley.  Our offence really needs this guy to improve our running game.  This would allow Gordon and whomever we pick up at WR along with our TEs, to get open (quickly).  

    Is Fitzpatrick a CB or a Safety?

    Could he be our Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu......or Darrell Revis......or could he be Dee Milliner?

    @the-gipper said:

    Is Fitzpatrick a CB or a Safety?

    Could he be our Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu......or Darrell Revis......or could he be Dee Milliner?

    He's actually both Gip. His primary position is safety, but he's supposedly fast enough to play corner. The combine 40 will tell us.... 

  • Near impossible to pass on Chubb for a few reasons.

    There is no one like or near him in the draft at his position

    Browns would have something other team's only dream of:  2 huge bookends at DE  that would scare any team's QB and OC..

    There are a plethora of solid Ss and CBs  that can be had in R2 that could be starters.

    Same with RBs and WRs.

    If we have gotten our qb in FA prior to draft, we could grab Chubb at 1 and then take either Barkley or Fitz at 4, one of them would be there for sure.

    Having to use 1 on a QB will cost us a sure all pro starter at some position.  It sure would be ideal not to have to, but great to have the opportunity if we do.

  • Listening to a interview snippet today with Mikiah on NFL radio. Mikiah says "Am a true Safety at either position. I learned to play CB by watching tape of some of the greats". He thanked Sabin for trusting him at both positions..Clearly this dude loves the game. Not seeing a Rubin Foster background guy here..

  • Listening to a interview snippet today with Mikiah on NFL radio. Mikiah says "Am a true Safety at either position. I learned to play CB by watching tape of some of the greats". He thanked Sabin for trusting him at both positions..Clearly this dude loves the game. Not seeing a Rubin Foster background guy here..

    @gumby73 said:

    Listening to a interview snippet today with Mikiah on NFL radio. Mikiah says "Am a true Safety at either position. I learned to play CB by watching tape of some of the greats". He thanked Sabin for trusting him at both positions..Clearly this dude loves the game. Not seeing a Rubin Foster background guy here..

    After  his playing career is over I can see this guy being a coach some day. Saban trusts him that much out there. The kid from FSU may be a tad better, but his leadership out there is a major factor to take him at #4.

    If we end up with McCarron, then take Cubb, Fitzgerad and move up into round 1 for Sony Michel.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Listening to a interview snippet today with Mikiah on NFL radio. Mikiah says "Am a true Safety at either position. I learned to play CB by watching tape of some of the greats". He thanked Sabin for trusting him at both positions..Clearly this dude loves the game. Not seeing a Rubin Foster background guy here..

    After  his playing career is over I can see this guy being a coach some day. Saban trusts him that much out there. The kid from FSU may be a tad better, but his leadership out there is a major factor to take him at #4.

    If we end up with McCarron, then take Cubb, Fitzgerad and move up into round 1 for Sony Michel.

    @texasag1969 said:

    After  his playing career is over I can see this guy being a coach some day. Saban trusts him that much out there. The kid from FSU may be a tad better, but his leadership out there is a major factor to take him at #4.

    If we end up with McCarron, then take Cubb, Fitzgerad and move up into round 1 for Sony Michel.

    You want us to end up with the #1 and #4 overall picks and skip taking QB AGAIN because A.J. McCarron is on the roster?

    It feels like some of you want the Browns to never win. 😆

  • @texasag1969 said:

    After  his playing career is over I can see this guy being a coach some day. Saban trusts him that much out there. The kid from FSU may be a tad better, but his leadership out there is a major factor to take him at #4.

    If we end up with McCarron, then take Cubb, Fitzgerad and move up into round 1 for Sony Michel.

    You want us to end up with the #1 and #4 overall picks and skip taking QB AGAIN because A.J. McCarron is on the roster?

    It feels like some of you want the Browns to never win. 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    You want us to end up with the #1 and #4 overall picks and skip taking QB AGAIN because A.J. McCarron is on the roster?

    It feels like some of you want the Browns to never win. 😆

    Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen ................. we know Mayfield is Manziel but which ones become Quinn and Weeden when we draft them ? 🙂

  • @texasag1969 said:

    After  his playing career is over I can see this guy being a coach some day. Saban trusts him that much out there. The kid from FSU may be a tad better, but his leadership out there is a major factor to take him at #4.

    If we end up with McCarron, then take Cubb, Fitzgerad and move up into round 1 for Sony Michel.

    You want us to end up with the #1 and #4 overall picks and skip taking QB AGAIN because A.J. McCarron is on the roster?

    It feels like some of you want the Browns to never win. 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    You want us to end up with the #1 and #4 overall picks and skip taking QB AGAIN because A.J. McCarron is on the roster?

    It feels like some of you want the Browns to never win. 😆

    If we are taking McCarron from Cincy to play for the Browns then the only reason to do so is that you believe he really is the QB we need, not some rookie draftee. Otherwise it's a wasted deal. Let's just see how it plays out.

  • I believe that, no matter WHO we sign, we will draft a QB #1 this year. Obviously, none of the QBs available in FA (save Brees, who will stay in NO) have proven to be "Franchise QBs" or they wouldn't be allowed to hit FA. One of these draft eligible guys may be a Franchise QB once developed . We've passed on those types before & I don't think we will pass on them again in 2018.

    Mike

  • I believe that, no matter WHO we sign, we will draft a QB #1 this year. Obviously, none of the QBs available in FA (save Brees, who will stay in NO) have proven to be "Franchise QBs" or they wouldn't be allowed to hit FA. One of these draft eligible guys may be a Franchise QB once developed . We've passed on those types before & I don't think we will pass on them again in 2018.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I believe that, no matter WHO we sign, we will draft a QB #1 this year. Obviously, none of the QBs available in FA (save Brees, who will stay in NO) have proven to be "Franchise QBs" or they wouldn't be allowed to hit FA. One of these draft eligible guys may be a Franchise QB once developed . We've passed on those types before & I don't think we will pass on them again in 2018.

    Mike

    Cousins is the only one who I think would prevent us from drafting a QB number 1 .  The team will have too much invested in him to have then a #1 overall pick sitting behind him for 4 years.  The team has too many holes for that .

  • @canton-mike said:

    I believe that, no matter WHO we sign, we will draft a QB #1 this year. Obviously, none of the QBs available in FA (save Brees, who will stay in NO) have proven to be "Franchise QBs" or they wouldn't be allowed to hit FA. One of these draft eligible guys may be a Franchise QB once developed . We've passed on those types before & I don't think we will pass on them again in 2018.

    Mike

    Cousins is the only one who I think would prevent us from drafting a QB number 1 .  The team will have too much invested in him to have then a #1 overall pick sitting behind him for 4 years.  The team has too many holes for that .

    @mark-o said:

    Cousins is the only one who I think would prevent us from drafting a QB number 1 .  The team will have too much invested in him to have then a #1 overall pick sitting behind him for 4 years.  The team has too many holes for that .

    I agree Mark, but I don't consider Cousins a Franchise QB & feel he's overpriced (I don't believe he'll come here). Of course, IF we sign him, I'll support the decision & hope for the best.

    Mike

  • @mark-o said:

    Cousins is the only one who I think would prevent us from drafting a QB number 1 .  The team will have too much invested in him to have then a #1 overall pick sitting behind him for 4 years.  The team has too many holes for that .

    I agree Mark, but I don't consider Cousins a Franchise QB & feel he's overpriced (I don't believe he'll come here). Of course, IF we sign him, I'll support the decision & hope for the best.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I agree Mark, but I don't consider Cousins a Franchise QB & feel he's overpriced (I don't believe he'll come here). Of course, IF we sign him, I'll support the decision & hope for the best.

    Mike

    Hes going to be way overpriced...but that's the way the market works.  He's still better than anything we've had since Bernie so I would support the decision as well.  It wouldn't be my first choice of options though.

  • @canton-mike said:

    I agree Mark, but I don't consider Cousins a Franchise QB & feel he's overpriced (I don't believe he'll come here). Of course, IF we sign him, I'll support the decision & hope for the best.

    Mike

    Hes going to be way overpriced...but that's the way the market works.  He's still better than anything we've had since Bernie so I would support the decision as well.  It wouldn't be my first choice of options though.

    @mark-o said:

    Hes going to be way overpriced...but that's the way the market works.  He's still better than anything we've had since Bernie so I would support the decision as well.  It wouldn't be my first choice of options though.

    It seems we view it the same way. At least we have knowledgeable PROS in the FO making these decisions.

    Mike

  • Geeezzz this would be the time for the BROWNS to get two studs in R1 but if they drop out/lose out of the $150M Capt Kirk insanity derby I'd go DB, Fitzpatrick. 

    If they would have a second R1 pick it would be real interesting, maybe 5 or more favorite choices from this board alone, Barkley? Chubb? Other?