Skip to content

The Combine - a few days away...

The Browns Board
152 20 3.3k
  • @boo-fagley said:

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tiamat63 said:

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

    Would you select them in the 1st round today?

  • @sd_tom said:

    Pre Madonna or Post Madonna? 

    In all seriousness,  show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime,  and was dropped. 

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for.  What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @boo-fagley said:

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for.  What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.

    Blah blah blah blah blah. 

    So a comparison of Allen vs Rosen gets a rambling response about manziel,  Brees,  brady,  farve,  RGIII,  and Vick... And no Allen film or stats to disprove my point. 

    Well done.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

    Would you select them in the 1st round today?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @boo-fagley said:

    Would you select them in the 1st round today?

    That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make. 

    Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course.    In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.

    With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals.   That player is Rosen.  

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @tiamat63 said:

    Off the top of my head?  I think both times he played LSU and Floriduh.      I remember watching Duke light him up until they went full Retard.  

    Again you site examples of players, mind you only 3 players - all of which are HoF'ers, NONE selected in the first round.  

    John Boy played only 2 seasons in the toughest conference in the NCAA. Just 26 games which is 4 less than Rosen.

    Manziel was better than Rosen ever thought of being for those stuck on stats. Manziel had a better average completion rate 69% , better TD to INT rate @ 34%, more TDs. Rosen had 307 more passing attempts and only 117 completions to show for it. 1521 more passing yards.

    No thanks on Rosen. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for.  What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.

    Blah blah blah blah blah. 

    So a comparison of Allen vs Rosen gets a rambling response about manziel,  Brees,  brady,  farve,  RGIII,  and Vick... And no Allen film or stats to disprove my point. 

    Well done.  

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @sd_tom said:

    Blah blah blah blah blah. 

    So a comparison of Allen vs Rosen gets a rambling response about manziel,  Brees,  brady,  farve,  RGIII,  and Vick... And no Allen film or stats to disprove my point. 

    Well done.  

    Like I said, the Rosen minions are stuck on stats. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Would you select them in the 1st round today?

    That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make. 

    Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course.    In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.

    With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals.   That player is Rosen.  

    B boo fagley wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tiamat63 said:

    That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make. 

    Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course.    In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.

    With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals.   That player is Rosen.  

    No it is not a wrong argument to make.

    Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.

  • @sd_tom said:

    Blah blah blah blah blah. 

    So a comparison of Allen vs Rosen gets a rambling response about manziel,  Brees,  brady,  farve,  RGIII,  and Vick... And no Allen film or stats to disprove my point. 

    Well done.  

    Like I said, the Rosen minions are stuck on stats. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @boo-fagley said:

    Like I said, the Rosen minions are stuck on stats. 

    I don't think that is true.    Any more than say, the anti-Allen group are stuck on stats. I think they are stuck on seeing what many call is the most NFL ready...pocket style QB out there.

    I am in no camp...and I don't know if in fact Rosen IS that (the most NFL adaptable guy).....but I don't think it is all about stats.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    That doesn't have jackshit to do with anything and is a terrible argument to make. 

    Would I select a HoF'er today knowing how they played? Of Shmucking course.    In 2000 would have I selected Tom Brady because, Gee-Shmucking-whiz, he'll improve on his completion % and command because that just "HAS" to be the norm.

    With a franchise in the state the Browns are, you make the sensible and pragmatic picks that make sense based on numbers, interviews, tape and evals.   That player is Rosen.  

    No it is not a wrong argument to make.

    Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @boo-fagley said:

    No it is not a wrong argument to make.

    Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.

    Like Mariota and Winston have?

    Which is the "right" offense, might I ask?   You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.  

    Also...  John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them...    once.   Bama' in 12.   Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.

    Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.  

    I don't support Rosen because of his "stats".    I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    No it is not a wrong argument to make.

    Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.

    Like Mariota and Winston have?

    Which is the "right" offense, might I ask?   You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.  

    Also...  John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them...    once.   Bama' in 12.   Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.

    Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.  

    I don't support Rosen because of his "stats".    I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @tiamat63 said:

    Like Mariota and Winston have?

    Which is the "right" offense, might I ask?   You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.  

    Also...  John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them...    once.   Bama' in 12.   Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.

    Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.  

    I don't support Rosen because of his "stats".    I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

    Just not worth it man. I made an entire thread that didn't use stats at all (as if using stats is bad in the first place) and the anti-Rosen crowd here doesn't give a crap. At the end of the day they see the guy as a liberal leaning rich kid and that makes them mad. It became VERY apparent so I'm not going to swim upstream for people who don't wanna listen. I'm sure I'll get some boo hoo responses but it's just the truth.

    Now in all seriousness with Rosen, I've made my opinion that he's the best prospect in the class. I am a bit worried about the concussions though, I'll be interested to see how he checks out medically.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #36

    NFL execs unanimously pick Sam Darnold over Josh Rosen - 247Sports

    Nov 17, 2017 - NFL executive just made the call on the Draft's toughest decision. ... Countless hours will be poured into the evaluation process to avoid a bust. UCLA's Josh Rosen and USC's Sam Darnold have been widely regarded as the top options. NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah polled five executives to gauge which 

    Anonymous Sources: Josh Rosen Using Football to Make Money | The ...

    thebiglead.com/2018/01/03/anonymous-sources-josh-rosen-comparisons-character/
     

    Jan 3, 2018 - Scouts have concerns about Josh Rosen's mentality. ... UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen is likely to be a top pick in the upcoming NFL Draft. His potential is ... In a 2016 Sports Illustrated feature, Rosen's worst-case scenario was another Heisman-winning NFL bust not named Robert Griffin III. And yet Rosen ...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    5 execs in November and the always fun "anonymous" sources.

    You're being played, old man.     You don't even realize it.  

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #38

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/josh-rosen?id=2560059

    Weaknesses

    Durability is a concern. Carries slight build and has had injury issues dating back to high school. Carries ball low in pocket with slight upward pre-throw hitch. Too casual in pocket set-up. Decision making and post-snap reads are inconsistent. Refuses easy throws at times. Arm talent and strength are below average. May need to make greater effort to drive field and seam throws. Poor career deep ball completion rate. Excess air under ball allows challenges. Lacks gun to challenge safeties with rip throws over the top. Needs better anticipation. Poor mobility. Struggles to elude early pressure. Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move. Too much hero ball. Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away. Scouts question his passion for football and whether he will be a willing student.

     

    Draft Projection

    Round 1

    Sources Tell Us

    "He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL Executive

    NFL Comparison

    Trent Green

    Bottom Line

    Josh Rosen's footwork and mechanics make him as pretty a quarterback as you will find in this year's draft. The biggest concern with Rosen is that his on-field success requires many elements to stay on schedule. He lacks plus arm strength, so identifying coverage (pre- and post-snap) and throwing with anticipation takes on added importance. Rosen has the pocket poise, accuracy and intelligence to become a good NFL starter, but he needs to be willing to take what defenses give him more frequently. Rosen will need to quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot.
  • 5 execs in November and the always fun "anonymous" sources.

    You're being played, old man.     You don't even realize it.  

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc
    #39

    @tiamat63 said:

    5 execs in November and the always fun "anonymous" sources.

    You're being played, old man.     You don't even realize it.  

    you don't get poker, and you are all wet in Egypt. Rosen is playing with a bad hand. We'll see if his bluff holds up.

    Seriously - when I watched the State Farm all star competition - rosen completely missed the longer moving targets.

    and as much as a lot of guys rallied around each other- having a great time with a lot of the guys -different positons/different teams - they don't rally around rosen. At the senior bowl, all sorts of players flock around Allen, Mayfield and others.

    Even in the college games, rosen isn't a guy they rally around.

    Odd, anything bad said about Allen is LEGIT, but anything bad about rosen the unchosen, is criticized.

    Ah, well, come ON combine and the draft.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    No it is not a wrong argument to make.

    Proves my stance 100% College QB have and will improve in the NFL because of the right offense, coaching and talent around them.

    Like Mariota and Winston have?

    Which is the "right" offense, might I ask?   You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.  

    Also...  John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them...    once.   Bama' in 12.   Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.

    Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.  

    I don't support Rosen because of his "stats".    I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @tiamat63 said:

    Like Mariota and Winston have?

    Which is the "right" offense, might I ask?   You're just spouting words at this point and about to be put on ignore.  

    Also...  John Boy had 3 future NFL players in front of him, a top 20 receiver and for all that "best conference in the NCAA" cowpoop... of the 3 best teams in said conference, he beat only 1 of them...    once.   Bama' in 12.   Couldn't get by LSU twice, Florida or Bama the second time and a defensive deficient Mizzou his final year.

    Stop using that Shmucker as any type of comparison for anything otherwise you're just trolling.  

    I don't support Rosen because of his "stats".    I back the kid because he's flashed high level traits and moments in nearly every game I've watched that would point to a quality NFL starter.

    You wanna do karate in the garage? 

    LOL 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    5 execs in November and the always fun "anonymous" sources.

    You're being played, old man.     You don't even realize it.  

    you don't get poker, and you are all wet in Egypt. Rosen is playing with a bad hand. We'll see if his bluff holds up.

    Seriously - when I watched the State Farm all star competition - rosen completely missed the longer moving targets.

    and as much as a lot of guys rallied around each other- having a great time with a lot of the guys -different positons/different teams - they don't rally around rosen. At the senior bowl, all sorts of players flock around Allen, Mayfield and others.

    Even in the college games, rosen isn't a guy they rally around.

    Odd, anything bad said about Allen is LEGIT, but anything bad about rosen the unchosen, is criticized.

    Ah, well, come ON combine and the draft.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @calfoxwc said:

    Odd, anything bad said about Allen is LEGIT, but anything bad about rosen the unchosen, is criticized.

    What I say about allen is legit because I've watched him.   Don't really give much of a Shmuck what anyone else says.  

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #42

    and I haven't watched Allen and Rosen? I just said I've seen other players - especially qb's, NOT rally around rosen like they do with others. If I can see it, then why would you think other EXPERTS in the NFL don't see it? We'll see how it goes in the draft.

    Most of what I have said about rosen not being a guy on my draftable list - is intangibles. Read about what Neidnagle said about

    Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. I see rosen as ryan leaf. The similarities are there.

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/24/ryan-leaf-nfl-draft-1998-peyton-manning

    https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/peyton-manning-ryan-leaf-june-jones-the-qb-book-excerpt-feldman-102814

    "the ABC newsmagazine show. It was featuring a man claiming to be an expert on brain-typing. The man, Jonathan Niednagel, is a lay scientist whose academic credentials are rooted in finance, not science or psychology. "

    "Niednagel was asked to size up Manning versus Leaf. He said one of the two guys has “It.” One doesn’t. "

    ******************************************

    "San Diego had the second pick of the draft. Beathard admitted it was the Chargers who were paying Niednagel. “He says Peyton Manning has It. Ryan doesn’t,” Beathard told Jones. Manning was labeled as an “ESTP.” Leaf was “ESTJ.”

    “I said, ‘Are we going to take Ryan Leaf, even though we know he’s not one of those guys?’” Jones recalled. “He said, ‘Well . . .’ and then he hemmed and hawed and said something about how the owner made the call.” The Colts shrewdly drafted Manning first. The Chargers, against Niednagel’s suggestion, drafted Leaf, who wasted little time alienating his teammates."

    ******************************************

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #43

    So what you're saying is that Allen has the "It"... this team has been missing?

    edit:  The "It" factor that people rally around, but you acknowledge he needs time to learn the playbook and adjust to the NFL... is what I'm asking? 

  • @sd_tom said:

    Pre Madonna or Post Madonna? 

    In all seriousness,  show me one single game where Allen looked better than Rosen did in his debut as a true freshman. How fitting that his first pass was a complete dime,  and was dropped. 

    Show me a game where Rosen looked better than Johnny Boy Football.

    Farve, Brady and Brees all had average completions numbers in college and improved to be the best. Those guys all came into the NFL humble wanting to play for anybody because they love the game itself above all else.

    NFL front offices are looking at Allen and thinking to themselves what could happen if he had some actual talent around him in a real pro style offense. Wyoming is not a pro style offense as some of the Rosen minions are bemoaning. The QB is not asked to run the ball with any frequency in the pros. You run around like RG3 and Vick and youre lite up by a LB or DB. No NFL team with any sense wants to risk the franchise and most important player on the team picking up a low priority 3rd and 10... There is a good reason why you pay a Left Tackle all that money and a reason why 5 guys are stuck at the line of scrimmage on most passing plays. The NFL is a passing league today and guys like Lamar Jackson come and go

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for.  What a joke. This guy is going to get a dose of reality when it gets real out there.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #44

    @boo-fagley said:

    I see that the mighty Josh Rosen is telling people who he will play for

    That's neither what he said nor what he meant, but don't bother with reality when you're looking to insult someone! Never ask any clarifying questions and always deliberately misconstrue the statements of people who aren't old enough to get drunk!

    He said he wants to play for a team that wants him -- that's it.  But hey, you've convinced yourself, so it must be true!  

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #45

    Allen needs time, Darnold needs time, etc etc. My top picks for having "it" - the intangibles ...

    are Allen, Mayfield, White, Rudolph, Darnold...etc.

    I do not see rosen having "it". ?That's all. I see him as a ryan leaf personality.

    Rosen is not that fighter to win and rally his teammates in the mud and the snow.

    He isn't a leader. He doesn't love the game. We'll see how it all plays out. JMHSO.

  • Allen needs time, Darnold needs time, etc etc. My top picks for having "it" - the intangibles ...

    are Allen, Mayfield, White, Rudolph, Darnold...etc.

    I do not see rosen having "it". ?That's all. I see him as a ryan leaf personality.

    Rosen is not that fighter to win and rally his teammates in the mud and the snow.

    He isn't a leader. He doesn't love the game. We'll see how it all plays out. JMHSO.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @calfoxwc said:

    Allen needs time, Darnold needs time, etc etc. My top picks for having "it" - the intangibles ...

    are Allen, Mayfield, White, Rudolph, Darnold...etc.

    I do not see rosen having "it". ?That's all. I see him as a ryan leaf personality.

    Rosen is not that fighter to win and rally his teammates in the mud and the snow.

    He isn't a leader. He doesn't love the game. We'll see how it all plays out. JMHSO.

    Good.... because you said the EXACT same things about Manziel 4 years ago.       Perhaps you're catching onto the pattern I've established on how some of you review QB's.

    Dated 5/25/14....   

    @calfoxwc said:

    nah, it's just spring - *some* fans' cabin fever prompts them

    to frolic amidst the wild flowers in rage....

    But Mr. Hoorta is not bitter. Never rageous. Not even outrageous.

    Most all of us, mehbe even you and walter, are surely far different in real life

    than online, like Brad Paisley's song.

    Manziel has the "it" we've been missing ...but shoving him into prime time before

    he knows the playbook doesn't sound smart, that's all.

    Next...