Skip to content

Combine

The Browns Board
135 23 5.4k
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Cal-His second run was 3.77-still pretty bad though.

    3.77 would be like Usain Bolt fast wouldn't it? 😆  I assume you meant  5.77.

    @the-gipper said:

    3.77 would be like Usain Bolt fast wouldn't it? 😆  I assume you meant  5.77.

    Just call him "Flash" Brown.😆

    I'll correct it.

  • @flugel said:

     Despite the same genes - the difference is 1 guy felt entitled while the other was driven to prove himself.  The good news if there is any - he has the rest of March, April, May, June, and most of July to giddy-up and get after it.  

    Problem is he had from Jan to Mar and all those years at OK to get ready. Compare that to how Garrett prepared from HS on and was a combine killer.

    Pass.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Problem is he had from Jan to Mar and all those years at OK to get ready. Compare that to how Garrett prepared from HS on and was a combine killer.

    Aggs-actly!

    Speaking of which, I'm watching the combines wearing my t-shirt that reads "I LOVE EXERCISE I CAN WATCH IT ALL DAY"

  • Here comes the 40 we all need to see...

  • PoG - just a heads up, in my mind, you owe me a beer because that was an easy (non) bet.  

    4.41... Like I said he would - mid 4.4's.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Let me make myself clear... he's not running a sub 4.4.  Nevermind range.    4.4 will be his lowest. 

    I'll be here all week, make sure to tip your waitress.  

    double edit:   Threw down $ on a prop bet on Bovada.   Easy cash, boys.

  • PoG - just a heads up, in my mind, you owe me a beer because that was an easy (non) bet.  

    4.41... Like I said he would - mid 4.4's.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Let me make myself clear... he's not running a sub 4.4.  Nevermind range.    4.4 will be his lowest. 

    I'll be here all week, make sure to tip your waitress.  

    double edit:   Threw down $ on a prop bet on Bovada.   Easy cash, boys.

    @tiamat63 said:

    PoG - just a heads up, in my mind, you owe me a beer because that was an easy (non) bet.  

    4.41... Like I said he would - mid 4.4's.  

    I'll be here all week, make sure to tip your waitress.  

    FWIW, the official time is usually even slower than the unofficial times so that 4.4 might be spot on.

  • Barkley stuns once again.

    Freaking take this kid! please! If he's  there at 4 and we don't take him we're stupid.

  • Barkley stuns once again.

    Freaking take this kid! please! If he's  there at 4 and we don't take him we're stupid.

    @stillmotion said:

    Barkley stuns once again.

    Freaking take this kid! please! If he's  there at 4 and we don't take him we're stupid.

    Then let us pray we're stupid.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Where the hell is Tour when you need him?  OL is his expertise.   

    This Skyler kid has a decent kick step.

    Tour is still on Board vacation. He knows he's wanted back. 

    @hoorta said:

    Tour is still on Board vacation. He knows he's wanted back. 

    Glad to hear he is just taking a break. 

  • I like how DJ and Maylock were comparing Michel to Kamara. And Penny can really fly too. Some good backs gonna be there in rd 2.

  • I was amazed - Michel was pumping iron, Barkley was pumping iron.... interesting.

    and...how many reps on the bench press did Orlando do? 14 or something like that?

  • @stillmotion said:

    Barkley stuns once again.

    Freaking take this kid! please! If he's  there at 4 and we don't take him we're stupid.

    Then let us pray we're stupid.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Then let us pray we're stupid.  

    How can you possibly not support Barkley at 4?? I think you are going to be pretty pissed because I  convinced we are taking him at 1 and a QB at 4 or later. 

  • I like how DJ and Maylock were comparing Michel to Kamara. And Penny can really fly too. Some good backs gonna be there in rd 2.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I like how DJ and Maylock were comparing Michel to Kamara. And Penny can really fly too. Some good backs gonna be there in rd 2.

    There are some good backs for sure but there is one GENERATIONAL game changer 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I like how DJ and Maylock were comparing Michel to Kamara. And Penny can really fly too. Some good backs gonna be there in rd 2.

    There are some good backs for sure but there is one GENERATIONAL game changer 

    @jcam222 said:

    There are some good backs for sure but there is one GENERATIONAL game changer 

    Then why wasn't his yds/carry much better? Michel's at 7.9 this year were off the charts.

    Just not buying.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Then let us pray we're stupid.  

    How can you possibly not support Barkley at 4?? I think you are going to be pretty pissed because I  convinced we are taking him at 1 and a QB at 4 or later. 

    @jcam222 said:

    How can you possibly not support Barkley at 4?? I think you are going to be pretty pissed because I  convinced we are taking him at 1 and a QB at 4 or later. 

    Barkley is gone before 4.

  • @jcam222 said:

    There are some good backs for sure but there is one GENERATIONAL game changer 

    Then why wasn't his yds/carry much better? Michel's at 7.9 this year were off the charts.

    Just not buying.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Then why wasn't his yds/carry much better? Michel's at 7.9 this year were off the charts.

    Just not buying.

    Michel is my 2nd favorite. He's a beast. I'll also agree that no chance Barkley is making it to pick 4. 

  • back then, I had Sony Michel in my mock draft in the second round. Now, he may not make it there.

    I didn't know he was that strong for his size. Wow.

  • just got through 1st set of OL..O.Brown would have been better to skip combine all together. Come see my pro day..LG Will Hernandez was a fun kid to watch at senior bowl week..we may not be in the G market? but if this kid can take one more step left to LT? (or kick Bitonio to LT, Will stays at LG) he's got size,tude & some dancing bear feet..  

  • Penny had a very good 40 time

  • so did Ballage. ran third-best 4.46. but only

    " Barkley also hit 29 reps on the bench press, leaving Ballage (15) and Richard (12) far behind.

    reps were...15.

    We'll see how it goes. I think Ballage could be the rb steal of the draft.

    https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/ncaaf/asu/2018/03/02/asu-football-kalen-ballage-demario-richard-nfl-scouting-combine/388544002/

  • Like a weightlifting coach told me years ago.  "when we start playing sports laying flat on our back in a vertical line... Then I'll start having my athletes bench more."

    Not that meaningful in the big picture