Skip to content

Barkley at #1?

Locked The Browns Board
499 53 13.9k 1
  • @hoorta said:

    I stopped wasting my time after the first minute. If he thinks us picking up Taylor is a good reason to not draft a QB at #1, that's pretty lame. 

    I'd happily flip picks with the Giants moving down to #2 if they'll guarantee us they're taking Saquon. (Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way).   

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    @boo-fagley said:

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    All they have to do is get back to the 5-6 win range and theyre safe. That can easily be done while grooming the future franchise QB and running the ball with duke and pretty much any rb off the street. No need to belay finding the future of the franchise to get yet another "once in a generation back" 

    (Pretty sure I heard that same kinda line about Trent Richardson some years back including PoG falling in love)

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    All they have to do is get back to the 5-6 win range and theyre safe. That can easily be done while grooming the future franchise QB and running the ball with duke and pretty much any rb off the street. No need to belay finding the future of the franchise to get yet another "once in a generation back" 

    (Pretty sure I heard that same kinda line about Trent Richardson some years back including PoG falling in love)

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    All they have to do is get back to the 5-6 win range and theyre safe. That can easily be done while grooming the future franchise QB and running the ball with duke and pretty much any rb off the street. No need to belay finding the future of the franchise to get yet another "once in a generation back" 

    (Pretty sure I heard that same kinda line about Trent Richardson some years back including PoG falling in love)

    Exactly...  There are enough RB's in this draft and its likely that one or more of them will be just as good as Barkely.

  • @hoorta said:

    I stopped wasting my time after the first minute. If he thinks us picking up Taylor is a good reason to not draft a QB at #1, that's pretty lame. 

    I'd happily flip picks with the Giants moving down to #2 if they'll guarantee us they're taking Saquon. (Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way).   

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    @boo-fagley said:

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.  

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.  

    @roycerolls said:

    I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.  

    lets see how FA plays out first.

  • I don't want a "fast turnaround"... that's what 07 was.  

    I was sustainable results with players that aren't flash-in-the pan.  

    RB average lifespan is 5 years in the NFL.  By the time the Brownies could be consistently relavent Barkley would be on the back 9 of his career. 

    Solid pass.  

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    All they have to do is get back to the 5-6 win range and theyre safe. That can easily be done while grooming the future franchise QB and running the ball with duke and pretty much any rb off the street. No need to belay finding the future of the franchise to get yet another "once in a generation back" 

    (Pretty sure I heard that same kinda line about Trent Richardson some years back including PoG falling in love)

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    All they have to do is get back to the 5-6 win range and theyre safe. That can easily be done while grooming the future franchise QB and running the ball with duke and pretty much any rb off the street. No need to belay finding the future of the franchise to get yet another "once in a generation back" 

    (Pretty sure I heard that same kinda line about Trent Richardson some years back including PoG falling in love)

    I've said that "once in a generation back" happens around every other year of late. Elliott, Fournette. Now Barkley. I'll bet Boo another $20 Sony Michel will have at least 90% of the production of Saquon. 

    BTW, the Browns are in serious talks extending Duke Johnson.  Hint, hint. Why would we extend a third down pass catching specialist  RB,  If we're hot on draftng Barkley? 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.  

    @roycerolls said:

    I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.  

    Let me get on this too! I'm with Rolls...

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I'm back on Barkley at 1.

    Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.

    I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.  

    @roycerolls said:

    I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.  

    My logical brain says that is a great deal. My other brain says I want odds on that one, 2:1? 3:1? 😳

  • @roycerolls said:

    I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.  

    My logical brain says that is a great deal. My other brain says I want odds on that one, 2:1? 3:1? 😳

    @mjp28 said:

    My logical brain says that is a great deal. My other brain says I want odds on that one, 2:1? 3:1? 😳

    I upped the ante on another thread.

    I've offered PoG a $100 bet on Barkley being selected #1 overall by the Browns. 

  • Barkley the Brown Bomber... Paul Brown would 100% without a doubt take Barkley #1 without blinking an eye. 

    Saquon is the chosen one, the one who will break the curse.

  • Just a coincidence this guy plays at SDSU.... it's not why I think he's awesome. He just is.

    The 9 min mark sums up why I think he'll be solid in the NFL. 

  • I would take Barkley #1 and Penny with our #2 2nd round pick. 

    You give yourself 2 dangerous runners and if one of them need a breather or gets hurt then you can continue to run your gameplan. 

    Penny is my #2 runningback in the draft. 

    Barkley is simply on a different level. General.

  • I would take Barkley #1 and Penny with our #2 2nd round pick. 

    You give yourself 2 dangerous runners and if one of them need a breather or gets hurt then you can continue to run your gameplan. 

    Penny is my #2 runningback in the draft. 

    Barkley is simply on a different level. General.

    @poeticg said:

    I would take Barkley #1 and Penny with our #2 2nd round pick. 

    You give yourself 2 dangerous runners and if one of them need a breather or gets hurt then you can continue to run your gameplan. 

    Penny is my #2 runningback in the draft. 

    Barkley is simply on a different level. General.

    1st vs 47th in yards after contact. 

  • It's because Barkley doesn't let them get a chance to touch him bro.

  • It's because Barkley doesn't let them get a chance to touch him bro.

    @poeticg said:

    It's because Barkley doesn't let them get a chance to touch him bro.

    Besides, where did you even get that stat from? Did you verify this or just taking it off face value. I've personally rarely seen the first guy EVER tackle Saquon. It's takes a few of them gang tackling him to even have a chance, his balance is phenomenal. 

  • @poeticg said:

    It's because Barkley doesn't let them get a chance to touch him bro.

    Besides, where did you even get that stat from? Did you verify this or just taking it off face value. I've personally rarely seen the first guy EVER tackle Saquon. It's takes a few of them gang tackling him to even have a chance, his balance is phenomenal. 

    @poeticg said:

    Besides, where did you even get that stat from? Did you verify this or just taking it off face value. I've personally rarely seen the first guy EVER tackle Saquon. It's takes a few of them gang tackling him to even have a chance, his balance is phenomenal. 

    PFF ranked all of them. I didn't pull the stat out of the sky, and I've posted that stat before.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/pffs-steve-palazzolo-rashaad-penny-143619898.html

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-the-most-versatile-offensive-weapons-in-the-2018-draft

  • Barkley the Brown Bomber... Paul Brown would 100% without a doubt take Barkley #1 without blinking an eye. 

    Saquon is the chosen one, the one who will break the curse.

    @poeticg said:

    Barkley the Brown Bomber... Paul Brown would 100% without a doubt take Barkley #1 without blinking an eye. 

    Saquon is the chosen one, the one who will break the curse.

    LOL, when he drafted the GOAT Brown at #4? He just blinked from the grave. It's not the same game from the late 50s to early 60s. Jim Brown was running over 200 pound linebackers. D-ick Modzelewski played defensive end for the Browns and weighed 230 pounds. He'd get pancaked every play by the current crop of offensive linemen. Pro football wasn't a full time job for for most of the guys who played in that era. 

    No, Paul Brown would adapt to the times- and realize a running back is a nice complementary piece to winning a championship. 

    For the record Po- the last (and only) HOF quarterback to have a significant career with the Browns was Otto Graham. I'm on the high side of 60 and I can honestly say I'm too young to ever remember seeing Otto play. ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME TO CHANGE THAT STAT AND FINALLY GET ANOTHER HOF QB AFTER 63 STINKING YEARS. We're finally in position to take a shot at one, and you want to draft a running back. Sorry, doubt Barkley is happening at #1. 

  • image.png.bce8ec907a18e6c6d8ec2e2cedf7c4a1.png

  • I don't trust their stats, period. 

    I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone. 

    cowpoop propaganda. 

  • I don't trust their stats, period. 

    I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone. 

    cowpoop propaganda. 

    @poeticg said:

    I don't trust their stats, period. 

    I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone. 

    cowpoop propaganda. 

    You're right. It's a conspiracy that Penny and Love both gained 900 to 1,000 more yards rushing on the season and broke more big runs than the most amazing specimen in NCAAF.