Barkley at #1?
-
I'm back on Barkley at 1.
Why? Dorsey and Hue are in win now mode. Hue does not win and win big he is gone.Barkley is the fastest turn around guy and the drafted QB is not going play because Taylor was not acquired to sit.
I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.
I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.
My logical brain says that is a great deal. My other brain says I want odds on that one, 2:1? 3:1?

-
I’ll bet you $20 browns don’t take Barkley at 1.
My logical brain says that is a great deal. My other brain says I want odds on that one, 2:1? 3:1?

-
I would take Barkley #1 and Penny with our #2 2nd round pick.
You give yourself 2 dangerous runners and if one of them need a breather or gets hurt then you can continue to run your gameplan.
Penny is my #2 runningback in the draft.
Barkley is simply on a different level. General.
-
I would take Barkley #1 and Penny with our #2 2nd round pick.
You give yourself 2 dangerous runners and if one of them need a breather or gets hurt then you can continue to run your gameplan.
Penny is my #2 runningback in the draft.
Barkley is simply on a different level. General.
I would take Barkley #1 and Penny with our #2 2nd round pick.
You give yourself 2 dangerous runners and if one of them need a breather or gets hurt then you can continue to run your gameplan.
Penny is my #2 runningback in the draft.
Barkley is simply on a different level. General.
1st vs 47th in yards after contact.
-
It's because Barkley doesn't let them get a chance to touch him bro.
Besides, where did you even get that stat from? Did you verify this or just taking it off face value. I've personally rarely seen the first guy EVER tackle Saquon. It's takes a few of them gang tackling him to even have a chance, his balance is phenomenal.
-
It's because Barkley doesn't let them get a chance to touch him bro.
Besides, where did you even get that stat from? Did you verify this or just taking it off face value. I've personally rarely seen the first guy EVER tackle Saquon. It's takes a few of them gang tackling him to even have a chance, his balance is phenomenal.
Besides, where did you even get that stat from? Did you verify this or just taking it off face value. I've personally rarely seen the first guy EVER tackle Saquon. It's takes a few of them gang tackling him to even have a chance, his balance is phenomenal.
PFF ranked all of them. I didn't pull the stat out of the sky, and I've posted that stat before.
https://sports.yahoo.com/pffs-steve-palazzolo-rashaad-penny-143619898.html
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-the-most-versatile-offensive-weapons-in-the-2018-draft
-
Barkley the Brown Bomber... Paul Brown would 100% without a doubt take Barkley #1 without blinking an eye.
Saquon is the chosen one, the one who will break the curse.
Barkley the Brown Bomber... Paul Brown would 100% without a doubt take Barkley #1 without blinking an eye.
Saquon is the chosen one, the one who will break the curse.
LOL, when he drafted the GOAT Brown at #4? He just blinked from the grave. It's not the same game from the late 50s to early 60s. Jim Brown was running over 200 pound linebackers. D-ick Modzelewski played defensive end for the Browns and weighed 230 pounds. He'd get pancaked every play by the current crop of offensive linemen. Pro football wasn't a full time job for for most of the guys who played in that era.
No, Paul Brown would adapt to the times- and realize a running back is a nice complementary piece to winning a championship.
For the record Po- the last (and only) HOF quarterback to have a significant career with the Browns was Otto Graham. I'm on the high side of 60 and I can honestly say I'm too young to ever remember seeing Otto play. ITS ABOUT FREAKING TIME TO CHANGE THAT STAT AND FINALLY GET ANOTHER HOF QB AFTER 63 STINKING YEARS. We're finally in position to take a shot at one, and you want to draft a running back. Sorry, doubt Barkley is happening at #1.
-
I don't trust their stats, period.
I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone.
cowpoop propaganda.
I don't trust their stats, period.
I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone.
cowpoop propaganda.
You're right. It's a conspiracy that Penny and Love both gained 900 to 1,000 more yards rushing on the season and broke more big runs than the most amazing specimen in NCAAF.
-
I don't trust their stats, period.
I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone.
cowpoop propaganda.
You're right. It's a conspiracy that Penny and Love both gained 900 to 1,000 more yards rushing on the season and broke more big runs than the most amazing specimen in NCAAF.
-
I don't trust their stats, period.
I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone.
cowpoop propaganda.
I don't trust their stats, period.
I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone.
cowpoop propaganda.
The Akron Zips? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
So you going to take me up on that $100 bet or will you continue to act like you don't see it posted on every thread you ramble on about your man-crush?
-
I don't trust their stats, period.
I just went and watched Penn States first game against the Zips last year and Barkley had 15 missed or broken tackles in the first quarter alone.
cowpoop propaganda.
The Akron Zips? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
So you going to take me up on that $100 bet or will you continue to act like you don't see it posted on every thread you ramble on about your man-crush?
The Akron Zips? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
So you going to take me up on that $100 bet or will you continue to act like you don't see it posted on every thread you ramble on about your man-crush?
Hey poet TAKE IT! Oh I can't wait for this, better than any mock draft!
-
Having the first and fourth picks is turning out to be a more difficult scenario than one would think. Do you take your favorite QB, just so you absolutely KNOW you get your favorite guy? Or do you take Barkley and hope your favorite QB is there at 4?
I have a news flash for everybody. Our team struggled to score touchdowns and move the ball consistently. How much does a guy like Barkley help that? Is he special enough to warrant potentially missing out on drafting our top QB? See, we're the Browns. We've been TORTURED by not having a QB for SO LONG, that I don't think we can try to add a special RB before drafting our top rated QB. How often does a team really get to pick 1st and 4th?! The more I think about it, the more I'm completely sure we have to draft our QB at #1, and then just hope we get who we want at #4. If we do it that way, we might miss out on Saquon Barkley. We might not get Bradley Chubb, or even Minkah Fitzpatrick (although doubtful). But we'd STILL get a CRAZY talented player at 4, AND we'd have our favorite QB. Isn't that the way to go?
Other than getting our top QB at #1, here's the other reason why it's important to start the draft off by drafting QB: It immediately makes all the other teams hungry for a QB get DESPERATE. If one of the guys goes off the board at #1, then the other franchises are going to get nervous. What are the odds they trade up to #2 or #3 to get their QB? It seems to happen every year, right? Well, if that happens, we'd be in the driver's seat at #4 to trade back a little, OR perhaps a player like Chubb or even Barkley falls in our lap because other teams frantically traded up to 2 and 3 to grab their QB.
Barkley might be a "generational" type talent, but running backs seldom go top 3 in today's NFL. Heck, the last one I can think of that went #1 was Kijana Carter, right? Remember how "can't miss" that guy was? He went to the Bengals, who at the time, were JUST LIKE US. Everything they touched turned to crap. Sound familiar? The Bengals' fortune ONLY changed when they drafted Carson Palmer.
I understand that there's no QB prospect as talented or "pro ready" as Palmer coming out this year, but it's still time for us to identify our favorite signal caller, and make the dang pick. You want to trade down from #4? Fine, but get your QB first, and DON'T trade back too far or else the fans will absolutely LOSE IT.
-
Having the first and fourth picks is turning out to be a more difficult scenario than one would think. Do you take your favorite QB, just so you absolutely KNOW you get your favorite guy? Or do you take Barkley and hope your favorite QB is there at 4?
I have a news flash for everybody. Our team struggled to score touchdowns and move the ball consistently. How much does a guy like Barkley help that? Is he special enough to warrant potentially missing out on drafting our top QB? See, we're the Browns. We've been TORTURED by not having a QB for SO LONG, that I don't think we can try to add a special RB before drafting our top rated QB. How often does a team really get to pick 1st and 4th?! The more I think about it, the more I'm completely sure we have to draft our QB at #1, and then just hope we get who we want at #4. If we do it that way, we might miss out on Saquon Barkley. We might not get Bradley Chubb, or even Minkah Fitzpatrick (although doubtful). But we'd STILL get a CRAZY talented player at 4, AND we'd have our favorite QB. Isn't that the way to go?
Other than getting our top QB at #1, here's the other reason why it's important to start the draft off by drafting QB: It immediately makes all the other teams hungry for a QB get DESPERATE. If one of the guys goes off the board at #1, then the other franchises are going to get nervous. What are the odds they trade up to #2 or #3 to get their QB? It seems to happen every year, right? Well, if that happens, we'd be in the driver's seat at #4 to trade back a little, OR perhaps a player like Chubb or even Barkley falls in our lap because other teams frantically traded up to 2 and 3 to grab their QB.
Barkley might be a "generational" type talent, but running backs seldom go top 3 in today's NFL. Heck, the last one I can think of that went #1 was Kijana Carter, right? Remember how "can't miss" that guy was? He went to the Bengals, who at the time, were JUST LIKE US. Everything they touched turned to crap. Sound familiar? The Bengals' fortune ONLY changed when they drafted Carson Palmer.
I understand that there's no QB prospect as talented or "pro ready" as Palmer coming out this year, but it's still time for us to identify our favorite signal caller, and make the dang pick. You want to trade down from #4? Fine, but get your QB first, and DON'T trade back too far or else the fans will absolutely LOSE IT.
Having the first and fourth picks is turning out to be a more difficult scenario than one would think. Do you take your favorite QB, just so you absolutely KNOW you get your favorite guy? Or do you take Barkley and hope your favorite QB is there at 4?
I have a news flash for everybody. Our team struggled to score touchdowns and move the ball consistently. How much does a guy like Barkley help that? Is he special enough to warrant potentially missing out on drafting our top QB? See, we're the Browns. We've been TORTURED by not having a QB for SO LONG, that I don't think we can try to add a special RB before drafting our top rated QB. How often does a team really get to pick 1st and 4th?! The more I think about it, the more I'm completely sure we have to draft our QB at #1, and then just hope we get who we want at #4. If we do it that way, we might miss out on Saquon Barkley. We might not get Bradley Chubb, or even Minkah Fitzpatrick (although doubtful). But we'd STILL get a CRAZY talented player at 4, AND we'd have our favorite QB. Isn't that the way to go?
Other than getting our top QB at #1, here's the other reason why it's important to start the draft off by drafting QB: It immediately makes all the other teams hungry for a QB get DESPERATE. If one of the guys goes off the board at #1, then the other franchises are going to get nervous. What are the odds they trade up to #2 or #3 to get their QB? It seems to happen every year, right? Well, if that happens, we'd be in the driver's seat at #4 to trade back a little, OR perhaps a player like Chubb or even Barkley falls in our lap because other teams frantically traded up to 2 and 3 to grab their QB.
Barkley might be a "generational" type talent, but running backs seldom go top 3 in today's NFL. Heck, the last one I can think of that went #1 was Kijana Carter, right? Remember how "can't miss" that guy was? He went to the Bengals, who at the time, were JUST LIKE US. Everything they touched turned to crap. Sound familiar? The Bengals' fortune ONLY changed when they drafted Carson Palmer.
I understand that there's no QB prospect as talented or "pro ready" as Palmer coming out this year, but it's still time for us to identify our favorite signal caller, and make the dang pick. You want to trade down from #4? Fine, but get your QB first, and DON'T trade back too far or else the fans will absolutely LOSE IT.
I am completely on-board with this scenario. you have to take your guy at #1. Of course, I have Browns fear that "their guy" is going to be the wrong guy but still...I think there is enough talent in the top 5 qbs that they are all better than last years draft and will all be very solid qbs in the nfl. 1 or 2 may end up being stars, but there won't be any major busts.
-
Having the first and fourth picks is turning out to be a more difficult scenario than one would think. Do you take your favorite QB, just so you absolutely KNOW you get your favorite guy? Or do you take Barkley and hope your favorite QB is there at 4?
I have a news flash for everybody. Our team struggled to score touchdowns and move the ball consistently. How much does a guy like Barkley help that? Is he special enough to warrant potentially missing out on drafting our top QB? See, we're the Browns. We've been TORTURED by not having a QB for SO LONG, that I don't think we can try to add a special RB before drafting our top rated QB. How often does a team really get to pick 1st and 4th?! The more I think about it, the more I'm completely sure we have to draft our QB at #1, and then just hope we get who we want at #4. If we do it that way, we might miss out on Saquon Barkley. We might not get Bradley Chubb, or even Minkah Fitzpatrick (although doubtful). But we'd STILL get a CRAZY talented player at 4, AND we'd have our favorite QB. Isn't that the way to go?
Other than getting our top QB at #1, here's the other reason why it's important to start the draft off by drafting QB: It immediately makes all the other teams hungry for a QB get DESPERATE. If one of the guys goes off the board at #1, then the other franchises are going to get nervous. What are the odds they trade up to #2 or #3 to get their QB? It seems to happen every year, right? Well, if that happens, we'd be in the driver's seat at #4 to trade back a little, OR perhaps a player like Chubb or even Barkley falls in our lap because other teams frantically traded up to 2 and 3 to grab their QB.
Barkley might be a "generational" type talent, but running backs seldom go top 3 in today's NFL. Heck, the last one I can think of that went #1 was Kijana Carter, right? Remember how "can't miss" that guy was? He went to the Bengals, who at the time, were JUST LIKE US. Everything they touched turned to crap. Sound familiar? The Bengals' fortune ONLY changed when they drafted Carson Palmer.
I understand that there's no QB prospect as talented or "pro ready" as Palmer coming out this year, but it's still time for us to identify our favorite signal caller, and make the dang pick. You want to trade down from #4? Fine, but get your QB first, and DON'T trade back too far or else the fans will absolutely LOSE IT.
I am completely on-board with this scenario. you have to take your guy at #1. Of course, I have Browns fear that "their guy" is going to be the wrong guy but still...I think there is enough talent in the top 5 qbs that they are all better than last years draft and will all be very solid qbs in the nfl. 1 or 2 may end up being stars, but there won't be any major busts.
I am completely on-board with this scenario. you have to take your guy at #1. Of course, I have Browns fear that "their guy" is going to be the wrong guy but still...I think there is enough talent in the top 5 qbs that they are all better than last years draft and will all be very solid qbs in the nfl. 1 or 2 may end up being stars, but there won't be any major busts.
With all of their trade downs and passing the last decade or so, I think most would rather them swing and miss than not even try
-
There will be NO drafting of Barkley in the top 5 picks. We need to get over that. No sane team drafts a RB in the top 5 and really not much in the top 10, although 6-10 is more realistic. RB's don't win games. He's a great athlete and showed well and will have a very good career. But he's not going in the top 5.
#1 will be a trade or a defensive player (Fitzpatrick or Chubb)
#4 will be a trade or a QB. (there are 4 QB's and at least one will be available here)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
