Skip to content

Barkley at #1?

Locked The Browns Board
499 53 13.9k 1
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    Did you champion for Garrett last year? If not who did you want #1 Overall?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    The Browns are not drafting Barkley #1 overall. 

    You can start 1000 more Barkley threads where you cream your pants through pages of pages of nonsense, but it isn't going to happen. 

  • The Browns are not drafting Barkley #1 overall. 

    You can start 1000 more Barkley threads where you cream your pants through pages of pages of nonsense, but it isn't going to happen. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns are not drafting Barkley #1 overall. 

    You can start 1000 more Barkley threads where you cream your pants through pages of pages of nonsense, but it isn't going to happen. 

    The Browns are taking him #1 Overall. 

    You could draft Barkley first and use every other pick that we have on QB's... use the other 8 picks on QBs and the draft would be a success. Do you know why? Because Barkley makes us a better team. You gamble on a QB #1 and you bust... instead of being Superbowl contenders we just set ourselves back pre KIZER ERA ... 

    Take what God is giving you and make a case for yourself that you are at least trying to win for the fans and the city. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns are not drafting Barkley #1 overall. 

    You can start 1000 more Barkley threads where you cream your pants through pages of pages of nonsense, but it isn't going to happen. 

    The Browns are taking him #1 Overall. 

    You could draft Barkley first and use every other pick that we have on QB's... use the other 8 picks on QBs and the draft would be a success. Do you know why? Because Barkley makes us a better team. You gamble on a QB #1 and you bust... instead of being Superbowl contenders we just set ourselves back pre KIZER ERA ... 

    Take what God is giving you and make a case for yourself that you are at least trying to win for the fans and the city. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    The Browns are taking him #1 Overall. 

    You could draft Barkley first and use every other pick that we have on QB's... use the other 8 picks on QBs and the draft would be a success. Do you know why? Because Barkley makes us a better team. You gamble on a QB #1 and you bust... instead of being Superbowl contenders we just set ourselves back pre KIZER ERA ... 

    Take what God is giving you and make a case for yourself that you are at least trying to win for the fans and the city. 

    I bet you $100 that the Cleveland Browns DO NOT draft Barkley with the #1 overall pick. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    I can't pretend to know what kind of career Barkley will have, no one can. But what I do know is that man is blessed. It would be best if we get to be a part of that blessing. 

    Think OUTSIDE the box, young Dutchman, see the potential- really try to focus and use your shrunken pineal gland and try to see the potential, I know it's hard- but, if it was easy everyone would do it. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    I tried really hard to see what we are going to do, all that comes up is- Saquon, no matter what. 

  • I can't pretend to know what kind of career Barkley will have, no one can. But what I do know is that man is blessed. It would be best if we get to be a part of that blessing. 

    Think OUTSIDE the box, young Dutchman, see the potential- really try to focus and use your shrunken pineal gland and try to see the potential, I know it's hard- but, if it was easy everyone would do it. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    I can't pretend to know what kind of career Barkley will have, no one can. But what I do know is that man is blessed. It would be best if we get to be a part of that blessing. 

    Think OUTSIDE the box, young Dutchman, see the potential- really try to focus and use your shrunken pineal gland and try to see the potential, I know it's hard- but, if it was easy everyone would do it. 

    Stop stalling.

    You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.

    Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.

  • @poeticg said:

    I can't pretend to know what kind of career Barkley will have, no one can. But what I do know is that man is blessed. It would be best if we get to be a part of that blessing. 

    Think OUTSIDE the box, young Dutchman, see the potential- really try to focus and use your shrunken pineal gland and try to see the potential, I know it's hard- but, if it was easy everyone would do it. 

    Stop stalling.

    You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.

    Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stop stalling.

    You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.

    Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.

    I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Stop stalling.

    You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.

    Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.

    I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    I'll bet you! 

    I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1. 

    Just what I thought. 

    Your guarantees of the Browns drafting Barkley #1 is just a bunch of nonsense that you wouldn't have the balls to back up. 

  • Did you champion for Garrett last year? If not who did you want #1 Overall?

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Did you champion for Garrett last year? If not who did you want #1 Overall?

    I didn't champion for anyone. My issue isn't with Barkley or drafting him. It's with you and how you constantly talk bigger and bigger about him. I would have drafted Wentz 2 years ago, I thought he was going to be good. I certainly wouldn't say he will be best ever, nobody has ever seen anyone like him before, he's the perfect guy on and off the field.

    You see the difference now. If it were Garrett and I thought he was the best player available, that is totally different than everything you have done with Barkley.

  • @poeticg said:

    I'll bet you! 

    I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1. 

    Just what I thought. 

    Your guarantees of the Browns drafting Barkley #1 is just a bunch of nonsense that you wouldn't have the balls to back up. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just what I thought. 

    Your guarantees of the Browns drafting Barkley #1 is just a bunch of nonsense that you wouldn't have the balls to back up. 

    It has nothing to do with balls.

    I know exactly what they need to do and what they should do.

    Now are they going to do it? Do THEY have the Balls is what you're asking me... I Shmucking hope so!

    But, if we can make enough noise as a FANBASE for Barkley they would have to acknowledge us. We went 0-16 and had a perfect season parade in frostbite temperatures... The Browns' Fans and the city of Cleveland deserve to be thrown a bone here. Take Barkley and give us something real. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just what I thought. 

    Your guarantees of the Browns drafting Barkley #1 is just a bunch of nonsense that you wouldn't have the balls to back up. 

    It has nothing to do with balls.

    I know exactly what they need to do and what they should do.

    Now are they going to do it? Do THEY have the Balls is what you're asking me... I Shmucking hope so!

    But, if we can make enough noise as a FANBASE for Barkley they would have to acknowledge us. We went 0-16 and had a perfect season parade in frostbite temperatures... The Browns' Fans and the city of Cleveland deserve to be thrown a bone here. Take Barkley and give us something real. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    It has nothing to do with balls.

    I know exactly what they need to do and what they should do.

    Now are they going to do it? Do THEY have the Balls is what you're asking me... I Shmucking hope so!

    But, if we can make enough noise as a FANBASE for Barkley they would have to acknowledge us. We went 0-16 and had a perfect season parade in frostbite temperatures... The Browns' Fans and the city of Cleveland deserve to be thrown a bone here. Take Barkley and give us something real. 

    Nope.

    You've been guaranteeing that the Browns will take him #1 overall.

    When called out to back it up, you backtrack so fast you'd make Usain Bolt proud.

    Not surprising, coming from you. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Stop stalling.

    You've been guaranteeing the Browns will take Barkley for weeks and weeks.

    Put your money where you mouth is. $100 on the Browns using the #1 overall pick for Barkley.

    I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1. 

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    I'll bet you $500 that if the Browns draft Barkley #1- over the next 7 years that Browns will be much better than they would be if they don't draft him #1. 

    There is no way to quantify that. Because you would NEVER know what they would be with/without. 

    No money, screen name change or someone else like that, that Saquon is NOT as good as you have told us all he will be. Shouldn't be hard to accomplish, you said best ever. 

    Again for the LAST TIME. I do not dislike the kid, and I dont think he will be a bust. I dont even care if the Browns take him. It's you and you constant OVERHYPE is what everyone doesn't like. It may end up making a new Brown a player fans on here dont like because of how bad you have been.

    You actually remind me of Lavar Ball talking about his kids, especially Lonzo. And I certainly don't want to put that on you.

    Instead of this guy is a really good prospect that could help this team you go to this kid is the best ever, I have never seen anything like him. 

    With Barkley we will be improved and may make the playoffs goes to this team will be feared by everyone, they are instant contenders and 16-0.

    Don't you see your problem now.

  • @poeticg said:

    It has nothing to do with balls.

    I know exactly what they need to do and what they should do.

    Now are they going to do it? Do THEY have the Balls is what you're asking me... I Shmucking hope so!

    But, if we can make enough noise as a FANBASE for Barkley they would have to acknowledge us. We went 0-16 and had a perfect season parade in frostbite temperatures... The Browns' Fans and the city of Cleveland deserve to be thrown a bone here. Take Barkley and give us something real. 

    Nope.

    You've been guaranteeing that the Browns will take him #1 overall.

    When called out to back it up, you backtrack so fast you'd make Usain Bolt proud.

    Not surprising, coming from you. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nope.

    You've been guaranteeing that the Browns will take him #1 overall.

    When called out to back it up, you backtrack so fast you'd make Usain Bolt proud.

    Not surprising, coming from you. 

    Bullship, farts under the covers. I never backtrack. 

    Kevin Hogan is going to push Taylor to play his best. Hogan has something to prove and I'm sure he has a chip on his shoulder after last year.

    Josh Gordon, everyone doubted, all but a few said he'd never play another snap, even fewer said he'd play in Cleveland. 

    And Saquon Barkley was born to be Cleveland next star Runningback. 

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by PoeticG

    You can't make this stuff up.... here's an awesome read. 

    https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/football/2018/03/07/saquon-barkley-potentially-being-no-1-pick-nfl-draft-why-not-would-cool/399624002/

    Saquon Barkley on potentially being No. 1 pick in NFL draft: 'Why not? It would be cool'

    Gentry Estes, Louisville Courier Journal Published 7:20 p.m. ET March 7, 2018

    USA TODAY Sports' Nate Davis explains that the player most likely to go No. 1 in this hyped quarterback draft class isn't a quarterback. USA TODAY Sports

    636560450817419769-IMG-0581.jpgBuy Photo

    (Photo: Gentry Estes/Louisville Courier Journal)

    CONNECTTWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

    Last week couldn't have gone much better for Penn State running back Saquon Barkley, who dropped jaws with his workout at the NFL scouting combine.

    But this week hasn't been too bad so far either.

    Barkley, who some are now projecting as the No. 1 pick in next month's NFL draft, was at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville for Wednesday night banquet honoring him as this past season's Paul Hornung Award. 

    In doing so, Barkley sat alongside two of football's all-time great running backs in Hornung himself and Jim Brown, the event's featured speaker.

    "I'm trying to keep calm up here and keep calm right now, but I started sweating," Barkley said prior to the event. "Not many people can say that they had a conversation with Jim Brown. It hit me he actually knew who I was. That just was a special moment."

    Barkley is fresh off a combine performance that impressed so much that most NFL mock drafts now have him going at least at the No. 2 spot. Some even have him going No. 1 overall to the Cleveland Browns.

    "I mean, why not? It would be cool," Barkley said of potentially going No. 1 ahead of a touted crop of quarterback prospects this year. "It would be a fun experience to be No. 1. But it doesn't matter if I go No. 1, if I go seventh, if I go the last pick. It's not going to change me. My mindset is going to stay the same."

    "If he doesn't go No. 1," said Hornung, sitting beside Barkley, "somebody's nuts — whoever has that shot — not to take this kid. If he's not No. 1, he's going to be the second pick."

    At the NFL combine, Barkley's totals included a 4.4-second 40-yard sprint, 29 bench press reps and a vertical jump of 41 inches.

    "The combine was fun," Barkley said. "I wanted to do a little better in some categories, but I can't complain. I think I did really good on the field. The best part I think I did was the interviews with the coaches, and that's the most important part."

    And while he might not go No. 1, there's not another draft prospect receiving the kind of praise that Barkley is enjoying.

    NFL.com's draft profile of Barkley lists Barry Sanders as his player comparison and includes this quote from an anonymous NFL general manager: "You don't screw up the special ones when you are a talent evaluator. This guy is special. Any concerns you file on him just feels like nitpicking to fill out the report."

    From left to right: Paul Hornung, Saquon Barkley, JamesBuy Photo

    From left to right: Paul Hornung, Saquon Barkley, James Franklin, Jim Brown. (Photo: Gentry Estes/Louisville Courier Journal)

     

    Barkley ran for at least 1,076 yards in each of his three seasons at Penn State. In 2017, he averaged 5.9 yards per carry, ran for 18 touchdowns, caught 54 passes for 632 yards and returning two kickoffs for a touchdown.

    That's how you end up in Louisville receiving the Hornung Award, which goes to the most versatile player in college football.

    "This is special," Barkley said. "Being a running back and being mentioned in the same category and winning an award that's represented by (Hornung) is just another class in itself.

    "And you've got Jim Brown, who you could say is the greatest football player of all time, the greatest running back of all time. And not only the things he did on the football field. The impact he had in the community, he's somebody you admire as an athlete and somebody you aspire to be."

    Gentry Estes: 502-582-4205; [email protected]; Twitter: @Gentry_Estes. Support strong local journalism by subscribing today: www.courier-journal.com/gentrye 

  • @gunz41 said:

    I dont think anyone thinks Tyrod is the future.

    I also don't think the Browns are in win now mode. Yes I am sure they want to win, but I believe the plan is to set themselves up for the future.

    The Browns are not going from no wins to the Super Bowl. 

    You have a warped reality on #1 quarterback. Just because they are drafted 1st (or anywhere in 1st) doesn't mean they have to start day one. NO TEAM IN HISTORY is drafting a player for Day 1, they are doing it for the future. Hmm, probably the top 3 QB in the league are Brady, Rodgers, Brees. You know what they have in common besides Super Bowl champions? They didn't start Day 1. They DEVELOPED.

    I get it, you want Saquon. You have said it about 967 times. But don't try to use a false narrative to try and prove your point. A LOT of these QBs who start day one flame out, why? Because they aren't ready, haven't developed, and dont have the team around them to achieve success.

    Do you know what all those QB's also have in common? None of them were drafted #1 overall. 

    If you are picking #1 and taking a QB, he better be ready day 1. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Do you know what all those QB's also have in common? None of them were drafted #1 overall. 

    If you are picking #1 and taking a QB, he better be ready day 1. 

    Hue already said- all goes well the QB we draft is sitting probably for most, if not all of 2018. 

    And I've told you this around 5 times already- What do Jim Brown, Emmett Smith, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders all have in common? None of them were drafted #1 overall either. You've already got Saquon fitted for a Gold Jacket before he's ever played a down in the NFL. 

  • @poeticg said:

    Do you know what all those QB's also have in common? None of them were drafted #1 overall. 

    If you are picking #1 and taking a QB, he better be ready day 1. 

    Hue already said- all goes well the QB we draft is sitting probably for most, if not all of 2018. 

    And I've told you this around 5 times already- What do Jim Brown, Emmett Smith, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders all have in common? None of them were drafted #1 overall either. You've already got Saquon fitted for a Gold Jacket before he's ever played a down in the NFL. 

    PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Hue already said- all goes well the QB we draft is sitting probably for most, if not all of 2018. 

    And I've told you this around 5 times already- What do Jim Brown, Emmett Smith, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders all have in common? None of them were drafted #1 overall either. You've already got Saquon fitted for a Gold Jacket before he's ever played a down in the NFL. 

    Not true- no Gold Jackets... only Superbowl rings. 😉

  • @boo-fagley said:

    Right back to the old adage that just because a player was drafted high that does not make him worth the draft pick.

    Would you give the Browns a 2nd for Kizer? Thats what he cost the Browns so he must be worth it by your logic.

    No of course not, you know why? I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY IN THE NFL. Superman hasn't played a down and he's worth #1, being fitted for a good jacket, 10 suber rings, and building a house for all his awards.

    Yea, REAL SMART to talk him up that much.

    You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @gunz41 said:

    You know why they aren't drafted THAT high? Because the league has changed, they have the shortest career, and you can get similar production later.

    Please show me a shorter career in the NFL than playing QB in Cleveland since 1999.  That's why there's a t-shirt mocking all the guys that couldn't survive the QB gig in Cleveland.  There's so many names on that sucker you can't buy a size smaller than Tent. The worst part of it all is we wasted the entire career of a HOF caliber Left Tackle that put forth a Pro Bowl effort for 10 consecutive years protecting the blind side of QB under incompetent FOs.

    Understanding Bernie Kosar was a supplemental draft pick, when is the last time we aced the QB position in round 1 of the NFL draft?  Today, I keep hearing we can't draft A running back first because we have to draft A quarterback first.  Poe isn't saying he wants A running back - he's saying he wants Barkley because he thinks he's the best football player in the draft.  The irony is that a lot of people jumping all over his opinion are pretty reluctant to announce THE QB by name as well as the part about why he's the better solution. 

    Since you mentioned the league has changed, what makes a blazing fast 230 lb RB that caught 54 passes for 632 yards (almost 12 ypc) and 3 TDs on top of 1251 yards rushing at 5.9 ypc and 18 TDs just a dime a dozen?   This is also supposed to be a deep QB draft where many scouts and draft analysts see equivalent values in the top 3-4 QB prospects. 

    Do you know what team had the biggest record improvement in the entire NFL last year?  It was Jacksonville.  They sucked so bad in 2016 that their horrible record earned them the right to draft #4 overall. After drafting RB Leonard Fournette at #4 overall (and losing their best WR to IR) they suddenly made it all the way to the AFC Championship Game.  To get there, they beat Pittsburgh 45-42.  There's other teams with promising first round RBs like the LA Rams (Gurley) and Dallas Cowboys (Zeke).  In all 3 cases, the RBs helped their young QBs qualify for a post season. 

    After the QB position - what skill position touches the ball most frequently?  There was a time we never lost sight of this.  Then again here's parts of the tradition reminding us why we shouldn't:  Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Earnest Byner, Leroy Hoard.  We also had other RBs to complement them like: Bobby Mitchell, Calvin Hill, Herman Fontenot, Cleo Miller, Curtis Dickey, Eric Metcalf, etc...  Just in case people think football has changed so much, our RB position combined for 122 receptions in 1986 when we went 12-4. That was Lindy Infante's first year here as OC (hard to believe that was 32 years ago already).

  • @hoorta said:

    Hue already said- all goes well the QB we draft is sitting probably for most, if not all of 2018. 

    And I've told you this around 5 times already- What do Jim Brown, Emmett Smith, Walter Payton, and Barry Sanders all have in common? None of them were drafted #1 overall either. You've already got Saquon fitted for a Gold Jacket before he's ever played a down in the NFL. 

    Not true- no Gold Jackets... only Superbowl rings. 😉

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Not true- no Gold Jackets... only Superbowl rings. 😉

    "rings"  =  "Jackets"

    Same same

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nope.

    You've been guaranteeing that the Browns will take him #1 overall.

    When called out to back it up, you backtrack so fast you'd make Usain Bolt proud.

    Not surprising, coming from you. 

    Bullship, farts under the covers. I never backtrack. 

    Kevin Hogan is going to push Taylor to play his best. Hogan has something to prove and I'm sure he has a chip on his shoulder after last year.

    Josh Gordon, everyone doubted, all but a few said he'd never play another snap, even fewer said he'd play in Cleveland. 

    And Saquon Barkley was born to be Cleveland next star Runningback. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @poeticg said:

    Bullship, farts under the covers. I never backtrack. 

    Kevin Hogan is going to push Taylor to play his best. Hogan has something to prove and I'm sure he has a chip on his shoulder after last year.

    Josh Gordon, everyone doubted, all but a few said he'd never play another snap, even fewer said he'd play in Cleveland. 

    And Saquon Barkley was born to be Cleveland next star Runningback. 

    So are you more comfortable being described as a blowhard, troll or coward?