Thanks Sashi
-
Thanks Sashi.
Thanks for giving away Carson Wentz to the Eagles for Corey Coleman and a bunch of other scrubs.
Thanks for not drafting Watson the next year.
Thanks for telling guys like Mitchell Schwartz he wasn't worth spending money on but then throwing money down a hole on a worthless QB just to get a second round pick.
Thanks for being such a prick that most FA's would even come visit the Browns
Thanks for serving up a 1-31 sh it sandwich that we all had to sit down and enjoy.
Thanks for giving me most of my Sundays free to do other things other than watch the Browns
Thanks for nothing Sashi.
I feel like most people wouldn't have trouble acquiring the amount of picks he was able to acquire.
Trading high draft picks when really good players that you know are on the board for lower draft picks and future draft picks that could be anywhere in the future draft is like that neighborhood kid who trades his brand new toy for 5 broken old toys and some candy.
-
I appreciate all the times he avoided franchise changing talent to collect lottery tickets and hope for the best. Sashi also did a bang up job of painting the Browns into a corner where they are so historically bad that the only way to upgrade the roster is through the draft. The same process in which he always avoided talented players.
Sashi was the Roy Munson of GMs.
-
I think that there is something to be said about this: that it is Baby Huey....and not Sashi....that screwed up this team the last couple of years.
Sashi is out because he could not schmooze the owners as well as Hue could....and probably because he purposely fouled up the McCarron trade...and even it that was a good move on his part...and it was.....It is seen as completely insubordinate, ergo demanding his departure.
But...honestly....I don't really see this team getting a lot better with Hue as HC.
A few things may improve the team's fate: 1. they have an actual football guy making the picks...and all Hue can do is to go to him to beg for a player he wants...but Dorsey can say : Frak off. 2. They have a proven OC now. A" guy that likely will not go into panic mode when the team gets in the red zone the way Hue so often did. 3. And we have Hue on a short leash. In my opinion...if this team at any point goes say 3 games below .500...Hue is shove off a cliff.
-
So the ridiculously young team that has gone 1-31 and is already full of the organization's draft picks gets a whole bunch more of them....... all warm and fuzzy now.
So the ridiculously young team that has gone 1-31 and is already full of the organization's draft picks gets a whole bunch more of them....... all warm and fuzzy now.
Again, Sashi literally said out loud (albeit using context clues) that his plan was to suck butt for two years to get to year three and have a massive draft haul. He did what he said he was going to do and you all are acting like it's some big surprise.
I'm not going to defend Sashi on not taking a dude like Wentz, or the "suck butt" plan went literally almost as bad as it could have gone. But he did call his shot from day 1. and IF this draft brings us a franchise guy and other cornerstone pieces, we can't sit there and act like Sashi didn't play a role in getting us to that point.
-
Sashi did what he knew best - traded assets with numbers and dollar amounts attached to them.
This is why he was unable to pull the trigger on Wentz, Bosa, Thomas, etc etc. His ability has its place in the NFL, but not as the man calling shots on draft day.
-
So the ridiculously young team that has gone 1-31 and is already full of the organization's draft picks gets a whole bunch more of them....... all warm and fuzzy now.
Again, Sashi literally said out loud (albeit using context clues) that his plan was to suck butt for two years to get to year three and have a massive draft haul. He did what he said he was going to do and you all are acting like it's some big surprise.
I'm not going to defend Sashi on not taking a dude like Wentz, or the "suck butt" plan went literally almost as bad as it could have gone. But he did call his shot from day 1. and IF this draft brings us a franchise guy and other cornerstone pieces, we can't sit there and act like Sashi didn't play a role in getting us to that point.
-
I think that there is something to be said about this: that it is Baby Huey....and not Sashi....that screwed up this team the last couple of years.
Sashi is out because he could not schmooze the owners as well as Hue could....and probably because he purposely fouled up the McCarron trade...and even it that was a good move on his part...and it was.....It is seen as completely insubordinate, ergo demanding his departure.
But...honestly....I don't really see this team getting a lot better with Hue as HC.
A few things may improve the team's fate: 1. they have an actual football guy making the picks...and all Hue can do is to go to him to beg for a player he wants...but Dorsey can say : Frak off. 2. They have a proven OC now. A" guy that likely will not go into panic mode when the team gets in the red zone the way Hue so often did. 3. And we have Hue on a short leash. In my opinion...if this team at any point goes say 3 games below .500...Hue is shove off a cliff.
I think that there is something to be said about this: that it is Baby Huey....and not Sashi....that screwed up this team the last couple of years.
I don't think you can solely blame everything on Hue. A lot of people factored into us being bad and it started at the top with Jimmy and his "power structure" which was bound to fail. To have the GM and Coach both report to you separately is a pathetic setup. Sashi was inept at being a GM, but grade at making deals. He couldn't draft and that's not his fault, he was in over his head. He was superb at securing draft capital and I appreciate it. Now hopefully Dorsey can turn that draft capital into winning. That being said, If Hue can't win 5 games and we don't fire him I think riots will happen in Cleveland.
-
Been saying something similar. Yoo cost them wins.
The Browns are QB away from 7 - 9 wins. I cant place all the passing woes on the WRs when its a ;position that usually takes players getting into a rhythm like RB.
-
I think that there is something to be said about this: that it is Baby Huey....and not Sashi....that screwed up this team the last couple of years.
I don't think you can solely blame everything on Hue. A lot of people factored into us being bad and it started at the top with Jimmy and his "power structure" which was bound to fail. To have the GM and Coach both report to you separately is a pathetic setup. Sashi was inept at being a GM, but grade at making deals. He couldn't draft and that's not his fault, he was in over his head. He was superb at securing draft capital and I appreciate it. Now hopefully Dorsey can turn that draft capital into winning. That being said, If Hue can't win 5 games and we don't fire him I think riots will happen in Cleveland.
I don't think you can solely blame everything on Hue. A lot of people factored into us being bad and it started at the top with Jimmy and his "power structure" which was bound to fail. To have the GM and Coach both report to you separately is a pathetic setup. Sashi was inept at being a GM, but grade at making deals. He couldn't draft and that's not his fault, he was in over his head. He was superb at securing draft capital and I appreciate it. Now hopefully Dorsey can turn that draft capital into winning. That being said, If Hue can't win 5 games and we don't fire him I think riots will happen in Cleveland.
Yoo said that Kizer looked good to go and then stuck with him.
His magical play calling duties was more or less taken away. Even the Bengals would fire Yoo after 1 - 31, but he somehow has Haslam convinced its not him.
-
I think that there is something to be said about this: that it is Baby Huey....and not Sashi....that screwed up this team the last couple of years.
I don't think you can solely blame everything on Hue. A lot of people factored into us being bad and it started at the top with Jimmy and his "power structure" which was bound to fail. To have the GM and Coach both report to you separately is a pathetic setup. Sashi was inept at being a GM, but grade at making deals. He couldn't draft and that's not his fault, he was in over his head. He was superb at securing draft capital and I appreciate it. Now hopefully Dorsey can turn that draft capital into winning. That being said, If Hue can't win 5 games and we don't fire him I think riots will happen in Cleveland.
I don't think you can solely blame everything on Hue. A lot of people factored into us being bad and it started at the top with Jimmy and his "power structure" which was bound to fail. To have the GM and Coach both report to you separately is a pathetic setup. Sashi was inept at being a GM, but grade at making deals. He couldn't draft and that's not his fault, he was in over his head. He was superb at securing draft capital and I appreciate it. Now hopefully Dorsey can turn that draft capital into winning. That being said, If Hue can't win 5 games and we don't fire him I think riots will happen in Cleveland.
But...the structure has not changed. It is still the GM and the HC on equal steading...both reporting to the owner and not to each other really.
So...if you think that was one of the big problems (and I agree with you that it is)...then the situation has not changed one iota.
-
I don't think you can solely blame everything on Hue. A lot of people factored into us being bad and it started at the top with Jimmy and his "power structure" which was bound to fail. To have the GM and Coach both report to you separately is a pathetic setup. Sashi was inept at being a GM, but grade at making deals. He couldn't draft and that's not his fault, he was in over his head. He was superb at securing draft capital and I appreciate it. Now hopefully Dorsey can turn that draft capital into winning. That being said, If Hue can't win 5 games and we don't fire him I think riots will happen in Cleveland.
Yoo said that Kizer looked good to go and then stuck with him.
His magical play calling duties was more or less taken away. Even the Bengals would fire Yoo after 1 - 31, but he somehow has Haslam convinced its not him.
Yoo said that Kizer looked good to go and then stuck with him.
When did I ever say that? I was never on the Kizer bandwagon, must have me confused with someone.
But...the structure has not changed. It is still the GM and the HC on equal steading...both reporting to the owner and not to each other really.
So...if you think that was one of the big problems (and I agree with you that it is)...then the situation has not changed one iota.
It's still broken, but hopefully dorsey isn't a coffee fetcher.
-
Yoo said that Kizer looked good to go and then stuck with him.
When did I ever say that? I was never on the Kizer bandwagon, must have me confused with someone.
But...the structure has not changed. It is still the GM and the HC on equal steading...both reporting to the owner and not to each other really.
So...if you think that was one of the big problems (and I agree with you that it is)...then the situation has not changed one iota.
It's still broken, but hopefully dorsey isn't a coffee fetcher.
When did I ever say that? I was never on the Kizer bandwagon, must have me confused with someone.
Not You
Yoo Jackson
-
The 7 worst moves Sashi Brown made with the Browns
Kenny Britt: 4 yrs, $32 million.
"nuff said.
the only one that bothered me was Schwartz as far as britt every gm swings and miss's so none of that out weighs the position he put us in now with picks and cap space
side note would you get it through your Shmucking head that Mack wanted out of here
-
Sashi is a baller.
-
I appreciate all the times he avoided franchise changing talent to collect lottery tickets and hope for the best. Sashi also did a bang up job of painting the Browns into a corner where they are so historically bad that the only way to upgrade the roster is through the draft. The same process in which he always avoided talented players.
Sashi was the Roy Munson of GMs.
I appreciate all the times he avoided franchise changing talent to collect lottery tickets and hope for the best. Sashi also did a bang up job of painting the Browns into a corner where they are so historically bad that the only way to upgrade the roster is through the draft. The same process in which he always avoided talented players.
Sashi was the Roy Munson of GMs.
Well, if the early trades of top talent are any indication- the talent is still going elsewhere.
I think that there is something to be said about this: that it is Baby Huey....and not Sashi....that screwed up this team the last couple of years.
Sashi is out because he could not schmooze the owners as well as Hue could....and probably because he purposely fouled up the McCarron trade...and even it that was a good move on his part...and it was.....It is seen as completely insubordinate, ergo demanding his departure.
But...honestly....I don't really see this team getting a lot better with Hue as HC.
A few things may improve the team's fate: 1. they have an actual football guy making the picks...and all Hue can do is to go to him to beg for a player he wants...but Dorsey can say : Frak off. 2. They have a proven OC now. A" guy that likely will not go into panic mode when the team gets in the red zone the way Hue so often did. 3. And we have Hue on a short leash. In my opinion...if this team at any point goes say 3 games below .500...Hue is shoved off a cliff.
Shoved off a cliff- shoved into Lake Erie, and Hue supposedly can't swim. Nah- that's mean. I almost drowned as a kid, and from personal experience, it's a horrible way to die.
-
Can we all take a minute to thank Sashi Brown. I know many people hate him for what he did, but let's be honest, this is EXACTLY what he said he was going to do from Day 1. Tank for 2 years, accumulate tons of draft picks and grab a bunch of salary cap space. He fell on the sword following this plan and now Dorsey is the one who is going to be able to execute it. I know Sashi is the sacrificial lamb and people think he did a terrible job of drafting players, but I would disagree. The problem is they have TOO MANY young players. I'm not sure they thought it would be as big of an issue as it was which ultimately led to the terrible record. The browns have talent on their team and now DORSEY gets to capitalize on Sashi's plan. I'm not bashing Dorsey in any way, I was hoping Sashi would have been able to stick around during this regime with Dorsey as the President or something...BUT NONE OF THE TRADES FROM TODAY ARE POSSIBLE WITHOUT HIS TRADE MANUEVERS, SALARY CAP MOVES AND HIS ABILITY TO SABOTAGE THAT AJ MCCARON TRADE (HE SHOULD WIN EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR FOR THAT ALONE!!)
-
apparently I'm not the only one...
https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/09/jarvis-landry-tyrod-taylor-damarious-randall-browns-trades
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login