Skip to content

Tyrod Taylor A Brown

The Browns Board
177 46 8.3k 1
  • @flugel said:

    Here's the deal - we're coming off 1-31 football so it doesn't matter what we have to spend on the QB position. It's not a recruiting attraction YET. I'm sure if Dorsey knew AJ McCarron, Sam Bradford or Case Keenum was a possibility - he'd be going for it.  

    The good news is Tyrod doesn't throw a lot of picks while he averaged a completion percentage of about 62.7 in the 3 years he started in Buffalo.  Here's his TD:INT ratios, comp% and record during that time:  14 TD:4 INT 62.6 cmp% 8-6 record in 2017; 17 TD:6 INT 61.7 cmp% 7-8 record in 2016; 20 TD:6 INT 63.7 cmp% 7-6 record in 2015.  He can also scramble out of trouble when needed. Meanwhile, Josh McCown's records as a starter the last 4 years is as follows: 1-10 TB in 2014, 1-7 Cle in 2015, 0-3 Cle in 2016, 5-8 NYJ in 2017. He's been beat up worse than Evel Knievel while he's almost as old as Barnabas Collins.

    Not losing sight of the bigger picture, we're going to be drafting a QB with the 1st or the 4th pick.  Maybe this we'll be like the Seahawks back in 2012 when they added veteran QB Matt Flynn for a 26 million $ deal with 10 million $ guaranteed before they drafted the most successful QB of his draft class Russell Wilson in round 3.  Only we're not waiting until round 3 while we might have less urgency to start our rookie nearly as early.  And what helped Wilson a lot particularly early on?   Handing off to Beast Mode, scrambling out of trouble and a great defense. 

    Good post, I'm slowly wanting to the idea. I still find it odd we had to give pick 65 for him though on a one year contract. That pick was a nudge away from the 2nd round. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Good post, I'm slowly wanting to the idea. I still find it odd we had to give pick 65 for him though on a one year contract. That pick was a nudge away from the 2nd round. 

    Yeah, that gave me pause as well. What makes me feel better is that we exchanged #65 for a QB we know will start. We know about what he can do, and it's far superior than anything else we trotted out on the field last year. We don't have a QB controversy. We don't have to rush our shiny new rookie (hopefully), and we actually have targets. Tyrod takes care of the ball, and even if he bounces a few too many passes, holds onto it too long, and he isn't the second coming of Joe Montana, he's a guy who gives the team instant credibility. Someone who can move the ball with his arm and feet. A crafty little runner who gets out of bounds and slides. So after the initial jolt of losing #65, I look at all that and think it's totally worth it. Guys, we now have a playoff QB. Say what you will about how the Bills squeaked in, or how pedestrian Tyrod's numbers were....but nothing changes that he got his team into the playoffs ("Playoffs?! PLAYOFFS?!") 

    Oh, and everyone expects Tyrod to be a bridge QB, someone to hold the fort for a year while our rookie gets ready, and that's probably reality. But....BUT....there is a chance, no matter how small, that Tyrod is more than that. Maybe he finishes his career with us and becomes our guy. Would I bet on it? No, of course not. But hey, we got a playoff QB, and that's worth the #65 all day long. 

  • As I continue to see Taylor running the offense, for maybe just a year, his turnover numbers were really good.  Does this also raise a red flag to Darnold pick?  A kid who had a large number of turnovers this past year?  Is that something that this regime is saying is vital to the position?  Just thinking out loud, I guess.

  • @hoorta said:

    The Bills now have a ton of draft picks to move up if they so chose....  

    Yep, its looking like

    1 QB grabbing your guy because Haslam told Dorsey find a QB and I dont believe he was talking about Taylor.

     2 Bills QB after trade with Giants because Bills have no QB.

    3 Colts take Barkley because they are void at RB.

    4 RB or Defense.

    @boo-fagley said:

    Yep, its looking like

    1 QB grabbing your guy because Haslam told Dorsey find a QB and I dont believe he was talking about Taylor.

     2 Bills QB after trade with Giants because Bills have no QB.

    3 Colts take Barkley because they are void at RB.

    4 RB or Defense.

    I think the same way. Maybe the Bills are happy enough if they reach either Broncos' or Jets' position as they land a Cousins or a reliable starter (Keenum?), But it can go this way easily. 

    If we take a QB, Giants do the same, and Colts surprise everyone doing it too... I see ourselves trading a few spots down for a massive amount of picks. People will go crazy if first 3 picks are QBs. 

  • Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

  • Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    @nickers said:

    Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    Oh, give it some time, Nickers - it'll grow on ya when you see how it works out.

    McCarron doesn't want to be a bridge qb, etc etc. Taylor is a brilliant move for a bridge qb - he

    has the experience to run the offense until the new qb takes the job from him. Then he can be backup qb

    and go to the playoffs. I didn't see it coming, but the Browns are in very smart football smarts hands.

  • As I continue to see Taylor running the offense, for maybe just a year, his turnover numbers were really good.  Does this also raise a red flag to Darnold pick?  A kid who had a large number of turnovers this past year?  Is that something that this regime is saying is vital to the position?  Just thinking out loud, I guess.

    @centralpadawg said:

    As I continue to see Taylor running the offense, for maybe just a year, his turnover numbers were really good.  Does this also raise a red flag to Darnold pick?  A kid who had a large number of turnovers this past year?  Is that something that this regime is saying is vital to the position?  Just thinking out loud, I guess.

    That's my biggest concern with him. Leading the entire league in fumbles and also throwing a bunch of picks makes me say no way. 

  • Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    @nickers said:

    Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    Taylor is a bridge and nothing more. He lead a team with two hotdog vendors and a cripple at WR to a playoff birth. I will take that potential as the stand in at QB over what was available in free agency.

  • @nickers said:

    Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    Taylor is a bridge and nothing more. He lead a team with two hotdog vendors and a cripple at WR to a playoff birth. I will take that potential as the stand in at QB over what was available in free agency.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Taylor is a bridge and nothing more. He lead a team with two hotdog vendors and a cripple at WR to a playoff birth. I will take that potential as the stand in at QB over what was available in free agency.

    As Ghoulie would say.. Another Black Tarkenton 😛

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Taylor is a bridge and nothing more. He lead a team with two hotdog vendors and a cripple at WR to a playoff birth. I will take that potential as the stand in at QB over what was available in free agency.

    As Ghoulie would say.. Another Black Tarkenton 😛

    @nickers said:

    As Ghoulie would say.. Another Black Tarkenton 😛

    Who really cares what that racist blow-hard says, though?

    Unless, of course...

  • Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    @nickers said:

    Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    You gotta be kidding.

    Look at his numbers in 2017

    Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

    Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

    Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

  • @nickers said:

    Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    You gotta be kidding.

    Look at his numbers in 2017

    Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

    Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

    Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

    @boo-fagley said:

    You gotta be kidding.

    Look at his numbers in 2017

    Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

    Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

    Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

    He's a very solid bridge QB. He's a good game manager with experience.

    The Browns did Kizer ZERO favors last season. None.

    They have started to take steps to not make the same mistake again with Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, etc this upcoming season. 

  • @syd said:

    last 3 years over 62 % in completions also every year he ran the ball less those be my fav takes from that

    Which QB in the draft does he emulate? Both Taylor and the new guy will run the same style offense under Haley.

    I keep coming up with Mayfield  http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209397188

    @boo-fagley said:

    Which QB in the draft does he emulate? Both Taylor and the new guy will run the same style offense under Haley.

    I keep coming up with Mayfield  http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=209397188

    Haley is smart he can suit a offense to it's strength's which is why i disagree with the drafting of Mayfield I still believe it will be Darnold he can learn a lot from Taylor from a turnover prospective 

  • @nickers said:

    Fuk Tyrod Taylor.. I hate this $hit move!

    You gotta be kidding.

    Look at his numbers in 2017

    Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

    Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

    Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

    @boo-fagley said:

    You gotta be kidding.

    Look at his numbers in 2017

    Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

    Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

    Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

    So generally we are all aware that a turnip with feet was an improvement on Kizer. That doesn't make some of us jump for joy over Tyrod man. You can tell me all day long he doesn't turn the ball over but he doesn't do much positive either. 25th last year in both passing TD's and passing yards. 37th in yards per game. Brings around 20 total TD's to the table between rushing and passing. I am trying to get some enthusiasm but the stats and his performance make it pretty damn hard. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    You gotta be kidding.

    Look at his numbers in 2017

    Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

    Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

    Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

    He's a very solid bridge QB. He's a good game manager with experience.

    The Browns did Kizer ZERO favors last season. None.

    They have started to take steps to not make the same mistake again with Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, etc this upcoming season. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    He's a very solid bridge QB. He's a good game manager with experience.

    The Browns did Kizer ZERO favors last season. None.

    They have started to take steps to not make the same mistake again with Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, etc this upcoming season. 

    Youre right.

    Kizer should have been benched for good after about 5 games. He will only be a back up in the NFL and nothing more.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    You gotta be kidding.

    Look at his numbers in 2017

    Taylor threw 4 INTs - Kizer threw 22

    Taylor had an approximate completions rate of 63% - Kizer 54%

    Taylor fumbled 2 times - Kizer 6

    So generally we are all aware that a turnip with feet was an improvement on Kizer. That doesn't make some of us jump for joy over Tyrod man. You can tell me all day long he doesn't turn the ball over but he doesn't do much positive either. 25th last year in both passing TD's and passing yards. 37th in yards per game. Brings around 20 total TD's to the table between rushing and passing. I am trying to get some enthusiasm but the stats and his performance make it pretty damn hard. 

    @jcam222 said:

    So generally we are all aware that a turnip with feet was an improvement on Kizer. That doesn't make some of us jump for joy over Tyrod man. You can tell me all day long he doesn't turn the ball over but he doesn't do much positive either. 25th last year in both passing TD's and passing yards. 37th in yards per game. Brings around 20 total TD's to the table between rushing and passing. I am trying to get some enthusiasm but the stats and his performance make it pretty damn hard. 

    Yup.. He blows!

  • The big thing to me is, they made these moves KNOWING that the free agency market was going to be rough for them. No one was going to want to sign here.

    So they went the trade route, added talent against talent's will... And now it doesn't look so bad. 

  • The big thing to me is, they made these moves KNOWING that the free agency market was going to be rough for them. No one was going to want to sign here.

    So they went the trade route, added talent against talent's will... And now it doesn't look so bad. 

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    The big thing to me is, they made these moves KNOWING that the free agency market was going to be rough for them. No one was going to want to sign here.

    So they went the trade route, added talent against talent's will... And now it doesn't look so bad. 

    Lol

    For Taylor the other option was driving a brown delivery truck.

    WSS

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    The big thing to me is, they made these moves KNOWING that the free agency market was going to be rough for them. No one was going to want to sign here.

    So they went the trade route, added talent against talent's will... And now it doesn't look so bad. 

    Lol

    For Taylor the other option was driving a brown delivery truck.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Lol

    For Taylor the other option was driving a brown delivery truck.

    WSS

    Not sure what you mean, Steve... I mean, Taylor isn't great by any means, but he's a legit option as a bridge guy or safety net if the QB you draft wins the job and needs an experienced backup. 

    Aside from a 40-year old McCown, I don't know who else would have come here in that same capacity. 

  • @comeonman said:

    I do as well. I don’t think Barkley will be able to run between the tackles and get YAC. He couldn’t in college, why would I think he could do it in the pros. I threw up in my mouth thinking of Mayfield in the first round. 

    Why wouldn't he be able to run between the tackles? Are you listening to yourself? There is nothing physically possible on a football field that Barkley could not do. Do you even know who Saquon is? He is capable of doing anything. That middle of the field should be wide open for him to run through to with DBs and LB having to cover the whole field. 

    This is gonna rock n roll! 

    The Rock n Roll Hall of Pain! 

    Home of the 2020 NFL Draft and Superbowl Champions!

    @poeticg said:

    Why wouldn't he be able to run between the tackles? Are you listening to yourself? There is nothing physically possible on a football field that Barkley could not do. Do you even know who Saquon is? He is capable of doing anything. That middle of the field should be wide open for him to run through to with DBs and LB having to cover the whole field. 

    This is gonna rock n roll! 

    The Rock n Roll Hall of Pain! 

    Home of the 2020 NFL Draft and Superbowl Champions!

    Dude. The buckeyes shut Barkley down. I don't even want to see him play vs an NFL defense. Not in a browns jersy anyway 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Lol

    For Taylor the other option was driving a brown delivery truck.

    WSS

    Not sure what you mean, Steve... I mean, Taylor isn't great by any means, but he's a legit option as a bridge guy or safety net if the QB you draft wins the job and needs an experienced backup. 

    Aside from a 40-year old McCown, I don't know who else would have come here in that same capacity. 

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Not sure what you mean, Steve... I mean, Taylor isn't great by any means, but he's a legit option as a bridge guy or safety net if the QB you draft wins the job and needs an experienced backup. 

    Aside from a 40-year old McCown, I don't know who else would have come here in that same capacity. 

    Just saying if he's so wonderful seems like Buffalo would have decided to spend some of their draft picks on building a team around him. They were pretty happy to be shed of him.

    WSS