Skip to content

Today's Thought...

The Browns Board
51 20 2.6k
  • Landry is PRECISELY what the Browns needed at WR. Dude catches balls and gets first downs... As good as any player in the NFL. He's a game-changer for this team.

    I couldn't possibly care less about the high salary. Worth every god damn penny.

  • Dorsey basically looked at the roster, looked at the $$$ we have to spend, and said "Hold my beer"

  • Landry is PRECISELY what the Browns needed at WR. Dude catches balls and gets first downs... As good as any player in the NFL. He's a game-changer for this team.

    I couldn't possibly care less about the high salary. Worth every god damn penny.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Landry is PRECISELY what the Browns needed at WR. Dude catches balls and gets first downs... As good as any player in the NFL. He's a game-changer for this team.

    I couldn't possibly care less about the high salary. Worth every god damn penny.

    exactly

  • @tacosman said:

    jarvis landry carrying a tag doesnt have value. It's fine that we picked him up(it's essentially like we signed him as a free agent that cost late round picks), but this is more a dump on the dolphins part of someone they didnt want to pay the tag(or a new deal) on......

    jarvis landry off his rookie deal was never going to 'cost' anyone much of anything

    And who give a shite what the Dolphins motivations were.   The Browns have now obtained last year NFL leader in receptions.  That is all that matters.

    Are you going to yipe about the Dolphins motivations...or the money the Browns pay him.... if Landry catches 100 balls for the Browns?

    @the-gipper said:

    And who give a shite what the Dolphins motivations were.   The Browns have now obtained last year NFL leader in receptions.  That is all that matters.

    Are you going to yipe about the Dolphins motivations...or the money the Browns pay him.... if Landry catches 100 balls for the Browns?

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And who give a shite what the Dolphins motivations were.   The Browns have now obtained last year NFL leader in receptions.  That is all that matters.

    Are you going to yipe about the Dolphins motivations...or the money the Browns pay him.... if Landry catches 100 balls for the Browns?

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    @tacosman said:

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    Which is why I still want to add Kirk to the mix, another true slot guy with great hands and far more speed than Landry. The more we look like what NE throws to, the better.

  • @tacosman said:

    jarvis landry carrying a tag doesnt have value. It's fine that we picked him up(it's essentially like we signed him as a free agent that cost late round picks), but this is more a dump on the dolphins part of someone they didnt want to pay the tag(or a new deal) on......

    jarvis landry off his rookie deal was never going to 'cost' anyone much of anything

    just simply proves ya can't pay Ndamukong Suh 6 years $114M till 2021. That's just over $19M per year at QB wages. Did they ask Suh to reduce while still trying to lock-up their best offensive weapon? can't pay them all with Suh on the books 

    @gumby73 said:

    just simply proves ya can't pay Ndamukong Suh 6 years $114M till 2021. That's just over $19M per year at QB wages. Did they ask Suh to reduce while still trying to lock-up their best offensive weapon? can't pay them all with Suh on the books 

    And some guys wanted to pay an above average qb $30+ million a year? Cousins would have been a cap buster a few years down the road when guys like Garrett are coming off their rookie deals....  I'm really happy we don't need to worry about that scenario now. 🙂  

  • @the-gipper said:

    And who give a shite what the Dolphins motivations were.   The Browns have now obtained last year NFL leader in receptions.  That is all that matters.

    Are you going to yipe about the Dolphins motivations...or the money the Browns pay him.... if Landry catches 100 balls for the Browns?

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    @tacosman said:

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    Landry has 9 yards per catch... On 2017 with Jay Cutler. With Tannehill, who is not an elite quaterback, he had 9.5 in 2015 and 12.1 in 2016, and he was gaining YPC since his rookie year. 

    Do you know who has similar stats? Julian Edelman. With Tom Brady throwing at him. 

    Don't you like to have a Julian Edelman-like player in the Browns?

  • The Cleveland Browns have announced that there will be no trades today 🙂

  • @tacosman said:

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    Landry has 9 yards per catch... On 2017 with Jay Cutler. With Tannehill, who is not an elite quaterback, he had 9.5 in 2015 and 12.1 in 2016, and he was gaining YPC since his rookie year. 

    Do you know who has similar stats? Julian Edelman. With Tom Brady throwing at him. 

    Don't you like to have a Julian Edelman-like player in the Browns?

    @nero said:

    Landry has 9 yards per catch... On 2017 with Jay Cutler. With Tannehill, who is not an elite quaterback, he had 9.5 in 2015 and 12.1 in 2016, and he was gaining YPC since his rookie year. 

    Do you know who has similar stats? Julian Edelman. With Tom Brady throwing at him. 

    Don't you like to have a Julian Edelman-like player in the Browns?

    1) Edelman's advanced stats are somewhat better

    2) Edelman, for as much as I like him, also isn't someone who is worth franchise tag wide reciever money.  Going into the year next year he will be the third best option in the passing game on that team.  You wouldn't give franchise tag money to the third best option in the passing game on a team

  • The Cleveland Browns have announced that there will be no trades today 🙂

    @darren15 said:

    The Cleveland Browns have announced that there will be no trades today 🙂

    Geeeezzzz I was already getting used to this amazing, fast paced drama of wheeling and dealing.......after many years of not wheeling and dealing.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And who give a shite what the Dolphins motivations were.   The Browns have now obtained last year NFL leader in receptions.  That is all that matters.

    Are you going to yipe about the Dolphins motivations...or the money the Browns pay him.... if Landry catches 100 balls for the Browns?

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    @tacosman said:

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    What he is is a reliable pass catcher,   a reliable first down maker.  

    Fuyuck, hell no...that is not something the Browns need.  Lets just keep going 3 and out because we do not have a reliable guy to catch those 3rd down passes.   Let's not do anything that....god forbid, might help us control a clock...or matriculate the ball down the field...or win.

  • @tacosman said:

    sigh....

    Jarvis Landry last year was targeted 160 times and in those 160 times gained 987 yards.   6.16 yards per target.

    If landry catches 100 balls for the browns next year and it requires 160+ targets and he barely hits 6 ypc....yeah, I'll still probably gripe.

    Its not that Landry is a bad player.  And he will obviously help the browns because he is a quality slot guy.  But while things like '100 catches' and 'league leader in receptions' sounds good, he's not a top level reciever in the nfl. top level recievers in the nfl dont average less than 9 yards per catch and 6 yards per target.

    the dolphins(and most other teams) arent interested in paying a non-top level reciever who averages 6 ypt franchise tag money....and I dont blame them.

    What he is is a reliable pass catcher,   a reliable first down maker.  

    Fuyuck, hell no...that is not something the Browns need.  Lets just keep going 3 and out because we do not have a reliable guy to catch those 3rd down passes.   Let's not do anything that....god forbid, might help us control a clock...or matriculate the ball down the field...or win.

    @the-gipper said:

    What he is is a reliable pass catcher,   a reliable first down maker.  

    Fuyuck, hell no...that is not something the Browns need.  Lets just keep going 3 and out because we do not have a reliable guy to catch those 3rd down passes.   Let's not do anything that....god forbid, might help us control a clock...or matriculate the ball down the field...or win.

    Those advanced metrics Taco keeps referring to are what got Sashi ridden out of town, why he though Kenny Britt was a good idea. 6 ypc looks mighty good to me on 3rd and five....   

  • As a Vikings fan I want to wish you guys good luck! The Browns have been a dumpster fire and you guys deserve better. 

    @bob-wiley said:

    As a Vikings fan I want to wish you guys good luck! The Browns have been a dumpster fire and you guys deserve better. 

    Go count all of your championship rings, asshole.

    Zombo

  • @bob-wiley said:

    As a Vikings fan I want to wish you guys good luck! The Browns have been a dumpster fire and you guys deserve better. 

    Go count all of your championship rings, asshole.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Go count all of your championship rings, pooper.

    Zombo

    81DFDndTFOL._SL1500_.jpg

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    There was nothing disrespectful or inaccurate about what you wrote, Bob.

  • @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

    @stinkhole said:

    No, you hurt Zombos feelings when you called the browns a dumpster fire....The Toughest Fans in Pro Sports don't take too kindly to that kind of talk. lol

    We prefer to think of it as a Bar-B-Q that will eventually serve up good stuff.😛

  • Anyway, I love that your ownership is being aggressive to improve your club. Good luck in the draft too.

  • I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    @bob-wiley said:

    I’m an as***** for wishing your team good luck? Did I stumble on to the Eagles’ fans board?

    No.....what we have here is this:

    The toughest fans in sports:  Browns fans

    The Stupidest fans in sports:   Steeler fans

    The Meanest fans in sports:   Eagles fans

    The Whiniest fans in sports:  Patriot fans...followed closely by Jets fans

    The most Forlorn fans in sports:  Vikings or Lions fans

    The team with the most FrontRunnerAssKisser fans:   Cowboys...followed closely by Steelers

    The most Fuycked over fans in sports:  Raiders fans  (because they keep moving)

    The most Fair weather fans:    probably  49ers?  or any team located in LA

    The fans that are mostly just Goobers and Gomers:   Bengals fans

    The most gutless fans in sports:   Ravens fans

    The most passionate fans, except for Browns fans:   Packer fans.....followed by Chiefs fans

    I am sure some other teams fans can fit into other categories...but these will do for now.