Skip to content

Shelton traded to the Patriots

The Browns Board
144 45 5.0k 1
  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Somewhat of a head scratcher, but I'm not yet convinced this is finished....We'll see.

    Mike

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Another first rounder flushed.

    We've got two young, good DTs, Danny never blossomed.

    Hopefuilly Dorsey starts a tradition of nailing first rounders...

    Z

  • T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Im fine with this trade.  its basically just getting rid of shelton, who was a dud.  nothing lost.

  • I have a feeling Ogbah puts on weight and they draft Chubb at #4 

    they love Ogunjobi too

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @londonbrown said:

    I have a feeling Ogbah puts on weight and they draft Chubb at #4 

    they love Ogunjobi too

    Caleb Brantley 

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    The new Browns FO clearly has gone through the roster and identified the players they felt didn’t play the way they expected or were not in their plans. This team needed a good house cleaning , let’s be real 1-31 says so. Free agency hasn’t yet begun and you people are freakin out over players leaving that in the eyes of the new FO may not be as good as you think they are 

  • Browns give up: Shelton and 2018 5th rounder

    Patriots give up: 2019 3rd Round pick

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @bigalow80 said:

    Browns give up: Shelton and 2018 5th rounder

    Patriots give up: 2019 3rd Round pick

    That's it? After yesterday what a letdown.

    Are they signaling future moves or draft intentions, looks like the war room is busy already.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Brantley won't be the one trying to replace Danny - that will fall on Jobi's shoulders.  Provided he too, can stay healthy.

    Either way, DT depth just became a draft factor.  

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    for now your lining up with Coley & Ogun. With Brantley & Meder as 2's. Browns in Jan. picked up FA from Jets DT Jeremy Faulk..Was hoping like Canton Mike that Nate Solder was in deal till smoke settled..Danny was a Pet 3-4 DT that never fit Gregg Williams 4-3 front..Danny did force double teams with no help from left or right to amount to no collapse to center of pocket..The Coley last season performance may have made the move possible..like most i don't like the comp. on this deal.but Poe is out there with FA papers 

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #35

    This is my ignorance speaking... But is there any possibility of perhaps seeing Ogbah shift to the inside?

  • This is my ignorance speaking... But is there any possibility of perhaps seeing Ogbah shift to the inside?

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    This is my ignorance speaking... But is there any possibility of perhaps seeing Ogbah shift to the inside?

    In certain packages he already has, but as a full time spot?   I'm having trouble seeing it.  

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    This is my ignorance speaking... But is there any possibility of perhaps seeing Ogbah shift to the inside?

    In certain packages he already has, but as a full time spot?   I'm having trouble seeing it.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tiamat63 said:

    In certain packages he already has, but as a full time spot?   I'm having trouble seeing it.  

    Me too.. I just don;t see Ogunjobi as an every down player...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    In certain packages he already has, but as a full time spot?   I'm having trouble seeing it.  

    Me too.. I just don;t see Ogunjobi as an every down player...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @nickers said:

    Me too.. I just don;t see Ogunjobi as an every down player...

    Larry?  Oh yeah he's an every down interior guy, just needs to stay healthy. 

    But tossing on another 10-15lbs for Ogbah and sliding him inside?   It's not as easy as it sounds.  

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    This is my ignorance speaking... But is there any possibility of perhaps seeing Ogbah shift to the inside?

    In certain packages he already has, but as a full time spot?   I'm having trouble seeing it.  

    Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @tiamat63 said:

    In certain packages he already has, but as a full time spot?   I'm having trouble seeing it.  

    Yeah I am too. 

    I'm trying to make Chubb make sense at four.  I think Fitzpatrick is out now after that trade with the Packers. 

    I love the idea of Garrett/Chubb rushing off the ends, but I don't know if it's a bang-for-your-buck kind of selection at four overall. As good as Ogbah is against the run, I don't know if we're going to see a lot of pressure on opposing QBs if he's there most every down.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    In certain packages he already has, but as a full time spot?   I'm having trouble seeing it.  

    Yeah I am too. 

    I'm trying to make Chubb make sense at four.  I think Fitzpatrick is out now after that trade with the Packers. 

    I love the idea of Garrett/Chubb rushing off the ends, but I don't know if it's a bang-for-your-buck kind of selection at four overall. As good as Ogbah is against the run, I don't know if we're going to see a lot of pressure on opposing QBs if he's there most every down.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Yeah I am too. 

    I'm trying to make Chubb make sense at four.  I think Fitzpatrick is out now after that trade with the Packers. 

    I love the idea of Garrett/Chubb rushing off the ends, but I don't know if it's a bang-for-your-buck kind of selection at four overall. As good as Ogbah is against the run, I don't know if we're going to see a lot of pressure on opposing QBs if he's there most every down.

    Chubb makes plenty of sense.   Name me a great defense that doesn't have two pass rushers be it edge or interior...?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #41

    So this is mainly a scheme for thing, right?

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Does anyone ever recall this much activity at this time of the year? Not just the Browns, but NFL in general.

    I liked Shelton. What was it he wore? A mumu?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #43

    Looks like we're drafting Mo Hurst now..

    😉

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #44

    I'm fine with this trade. 

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #45

    The patriots didn’t even spit on it, is Dorsey a double agent or something? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    In certain packages he already has, but as a full time spot?   I'm having trouble seeing it.  

    Yeah I am too. 

    I'm trying to make Chubb make sense at four.  I think Fitzpatrick is out now after that trade with the Packers. 

    I love the idea of Garrett/Chubb rushing off the ends, but I don't know if it's a bang-for-your-buck kind of selection at four overall. As good as Ogbah is against the run, I don't know if we're going to see a lot of pressure on opposing QBs if he's there most every down.

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Yeah I am too. 

    I'm trying to make Chubb make sense at four.  I think Fitzpatrick is out now after that trade with the Packers. 

    I love the idea of Garrett/Chubb rushing off the ends, but I don't know if it's a bang-for-your-buck kind of selection at four overall. As good as Ogbah is against the run, I don't know if we're going to see a lot of pressure on opposing QBs if he's there most every down.

    Getting the best pass rusher in the draft is always good bang for your buck at 4.  Chubb and Garrett would turn Worthlessburger’s cervix inside out.