Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Greg Cosell Breaks Down Top 2018 QBs

Greg Cosell Breaks Down Top 2018 QBs

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
63 Posts 19 Posters 3.7k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Here's a link to a 13 minute video where Nathan Zegura gets Greg Cosell to break down the top rated QBs headed for the 2018 draft from www.clevelandbrowns.com:

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Greg-Cosell-breaks-down-QBs-in-the-2018-draft-class/e5e7dc40-a2e5-485b-bb4a-5afeff9829ff

    I like to hear to what he's looking for in particular.  And somewhere around the 12 minute 50 sec mark or so - he reveals who he would take if pressed to do so. If you watch it, I'm interested in hearing what you thought or who you might be interested in (and you can do a 1A and 1B).

    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
    FlugelF S Tour2maT 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • FlugelF Flugel

      Here's a link to a 13 minute video where Nathan Zegura gets Greg Cosell to break down the top rated QBs headed for the 2018 draft from www.clevelandbrowns.com:

      http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Greg-Cosell-breaks-down-QBs-in-the-2018-draft-class/e5e7dc40-a2e5-485b-bb4a-5afeff9829ff

      I like to hear to what he's looking for in particular.  And somewhere around the 12 minute 50 sec mark or so - he reveals who he would take if pressed to do so. If you watch it, I'm interested in hearing what you thought or who you might be interested in (and you can do a 1A and 1B).

      Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 11k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @flugel said:

      Here's a link to a 13 minute video where Nathan Zegura gets Greg Cosell to break down the top rated QBs headed for the 2018 draft from www.clevelandbrowns.com:

      http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Greg-Cosell-breaks-down-QBs-in-the-2018-draft-class/e5e7dc40-a2e5-485b-bb4a-5afeff9829ff

      I like to hear to what he's looking for in particular.  And somewhere around the 12 minute 50 sec mark or so - he reveals who he would take if pressed to do so. If you watch it, I'm interested in hearing what you thought or who you might be interested in (and you can do a 1A and 1B).

      I wonder if our FO and scouting department come to an obvious consensus or if there's 2-3 guys they like.  If so, what does that do to who they take at #1?

      I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 11k Posts
        • 4k Reputation
        gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
        #3

        guilty your mighty Zugura.sure i tweet you on Greg Cosell coming on your show. Cuz he's better than all the hacks & butchers you can find to talk QB's 😛 1A)-Todd Haley has a frankenstein plan of getting Rosen's game in a Josh Allen Body.take Rosen.mean,While..1B) Dorsey & Jackson frolic around the room to there's No Place like homo Baker Mayfield..hell I don't get to vote but I thank Flug for digging this up..Greg Cosell knows his QB tape,thanks! Edit--Ok here's where I seperate. Rosen drops,sticks his back foot in ground & throws. With Mayfield, i see he hits his back foot & has to move again to throw..Take Rosen 

        Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 4k Posts
          • 918 Reputation
          L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Love listening to Cosell. Very smart man and his pre draft evaluations on the Ross Tucker podcast over the years have come to fruition very often. I’m actually surprised he hasn’t been recruited into an nfl front office. 

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • SD_Tom S Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 994 Posts
            • 260 Reputation
            S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Here's the whole video if interested

            1 Reply Last reply
            ❤
            Quote Reply
            • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 4k Posts
              • 918 Reputation
              L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
              #6

              He also talks about them here 

              1 Reply Last reply
              ❤
              Quote Reply
              • FlugelF Flugel

                Here's a link to a 13 minute video where Nathan Zegura gets Greg Cosell to break down the top rated QBs headed for the 2018 draft from www.clevelandbrowns.com:

                http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Greg-Cosell-breaks-down-QBs-in-the-2018-draft-class/e5e7dc40-a2e5-485b-bb4a-5afeff9829ff

                I like to hear to what he's looking for in particular.  And somewhere around the 12 minute 50 sec mark or so - he reveals who he would take if pressed to do so. If you watch it, I'm interested in hearing what you thought or who you might be interested in (and you can do a 1A and 1B).

                SD_Tom S Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 994 Posts
                • 260 Reputation
                S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @flugel said:

                Here's a link to a 13 minute video where Nathan Zegura gets Greg Cosell to break down the top rated QBs headed for the 2018 draft from www.clevelandbrowns.com:

                http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Greg-Cosell-breaks-down-QBs-in-the-2018-draft-class/e5e7dc40-a2e5-485b-bb4a-5afeff9829ff

                I like to hear to what he's looking for in particular.  And somewhere around the 12 minute 50 sec mark or so - he reveals who he would take if pressed to do so. If you watch it, I'm interested in hearing what you thought or who you might be interested in (and you can do a 1A and 1B).

                You coming around to the potential of Rosen yet? 

                hoortaH FlugelF 2 Replies Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 15k Posts
                  • 8k Reputation
                  Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  There isn't anyone I'd rather listen to talk about football than Greg Cosell. The guy is great. 

                  He spoke to why I like Rosen - he is the most advanced QB in this draft playing from the construct of a play and the pocket. I still think this is key to a longterm successful QB. He like Mayfield more than I do, but I get why he likes him. He likes Darnold, but thinks he definitely needs to be coached well and strongly. Nails the conundrum that is Josh Allen - I love his thoughts on "arm strength vs arm talent". He has no doubt Allen has arm strength, but questions his arm talent, and his anticipation on throws. 

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 23k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Allen will be "The Big Flop". He just can't make wide open passes. And the reason he won't "thread the needle" is because he will not throw those, he'll run.

                    I really do not want to be trading off a first rounder in 2019 because he was near identical to Sir Kaiser.

                    hoortaH jiggins7919J 2 Replies Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 7k Posts
                      • 3k Reputation
                      sydS syd wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      why doesn't he have his own show ? or put him in the booth to call games I mean he can't be any worse than some of the scrubs they use now

                      LogicIsForSquaresL 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • sydS syd

                        why doesn't he have his own show ? or put him in the booth to call games I mean he can't be any worse than some of the scrubs they use now

                        LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                        • 10k Posts
                        • 2k Reputation
                        LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @syd said:

                        why doesn't he have his own show ? or put him in the booth to call games I mean he can't be any worse than some of the scrubs they use now

                        He could replace "Now here is a guy" Collinsworth

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • S SD_Tom

                          @flugel said:

                          Here's a link to a 13 minute video where Nathan Zegura gets Greg Cosell to break down the top rated QBs headed for the 2018 draft from www.clevelandbrowns.com:

                          http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Greg-Cosell-breaks-down-QBs-in-the-2018-draft-class/e5e7dc40-a2e5-485b-bb4a-5afeff9829ff

                          I like to hear to what he's looking for in particular.  And somewhere around the 12 minute 50 sec mark or so - he reveals who he would take if pressed to do so. If you watch it, I'm interested in hearing what you thought or who you might be interested in (and you can do a 1A and 1B).

                          You coming around to the potential of Rosen yet? 

                          hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 20k Posts
                          • 5k Reputation
                          hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
                          #12

                          @sd_tom said:

                          You coming around to the potential of Rosen yet? 

                          I've always had Rosen in my top 3. To have him as our #1 in the draft?  It's going to seriously depend how much weight Dorsey & Company put on his injury history. Those two concussions scare me. Josh is also the least mobile compared to Darnold and Mayfield- he's going to get hit a lot in the pros. I've mentioned he has a tennis player build, do we take him at #1 and watch him turn into another Sam Bradford, great when he's healthy- except he never is?   

                          After listening to Cosell, I'm firming up my ranking #1 Mayfield, #2 Darnold, #3 Rosen. Just no to Allen and Jackson. 

                          S W 2 Replies Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • T TexasAg1969

                            Allen will be "The Big Flop". He just can't make wide open passes. And the reason he won't "thread the needle" is because he will not throw those, he'll run.

                            I really do not want to be trading off a first rounder in 2019 because he was near identical to Sir Kaiser.

                            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 20k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @texasag1969 said:

                            Allen will be "The Big Flop". He just can't make wide open passes. And the reason he won't "thread the needle" is because he will not throw those, he'll run.

                            I really do not want to be trading off a first rounder in 2019 because he was near identical to Sir Kaiser.

                            Cosell nailed it for me when he pointed out "there's a difference between "arm strength" and "arm talent". On that 1-10 scale pro evaluators use for arm strength, Allen probably rates 9+ (like Elway, one of my favorite observations on that is a scout said "he can throw the ball through a car wash, and it will come out dry on the other side". ) Arm talent? I'll give Josh  4 in that regard Ag.  As Greg said- some team is going to draft Allen "because he looks the part".  Sorry- this isn't a Beauty Pageant. 

                            Cal won't like it, but when a pro evaluator like Cosell says there's some similarities between Allen and Kizer (the guy we just shipped off to Green Bay) there's no reason to go to the same dry well twice in a row. Personality should only be a minor factor evaluating these guys.  🙂   

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            👍
                            Quote Reply
                            • hoortaH hoorta

                              @sd_tom said:

                              You coming around to the potential of Rosen yet? 

                              I've always had Rosen in my top 3. To have him as our #1 in the draft?  It's going to seriously depend how much weight Dorsey & Company put on his injury history. Those two concussions scare me. Josh is also the least mobile compared to Darnold and Mayfield- he's going to get hit a lot in the pros. I've mentioned he has a tennis player build, do we take him at #1 and watch him turn into another Sam Bradford, great when he's healthy- except he never is?   

                              After listening to Cosell, I'm firming up my ranking #1 Mayfield, #2 Darnold, #3 Rosen. Just no to Allen and Jackson. 

                              SD_Tom S Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 994 Posts
                              • 260 Reputation
                              S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by hoorta
                              #14

                              @hoorta said:

                              I've always had Rosen in my top 3. To have him as our #1 in the draft?  It's going to seriously depend how much weight Dorsey & Company put on his injury history. Those two concussions scare me. Josh is also the least mobile compared to Darnold and Mayfield- he's going to get hit a lot in the pros. I've mentioned he has a tennis player build, do we take him at #1 and watch him turn into another Sam Bradford, great when he's healthy- except he never is?   

                              After listening to Cosell, I'm firming up my ranking #1 Mayfield, #2 Darnold, #3 Rosen. Just no to Allen and Jackson. 

                              Medicals will be important. 

                              Imo he's mobile enough.  It's not like he can't improve pocket mobility/awareness,  his combine measurables were similar to Darnold and mayfield. He's plenty athletic. Mayfield and Darnold aren't significantly faster than Rosen. Rosen needs to be less willing to take hits to deliver passes than he was in college. 

                              The pure pocket passers seem to stay on the field more than the mobile ones. I think his game translates better to the NFL then the others. 

                              LogicIsForSquaresL 1 Reply Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • S SD_Tom

                                @flugel said:

                                Here's a link to a 13 minute video where Nathan Zegura gets Greg Cosell to break down the top rated QBs headed for the 2018 draft from www.clevelandbrowns.com:

                                http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Greg-Cosell-breaks-down-QBs-in-the-2018-draft-class/e5e7dc40-a2e5-485b-bb4a-5afeff9829ff

                                I like to hear to what he's looking for in particular.  And somewhere around the 12 minute 50 sec mark or so - he reveals who he would take if pressed to do so. If you watch it, I'm interested in hearing what you thought or who you might be interested in (and you can do a 1A and 1B).

                                You coming around to the potential of Rosen yet? 

                                Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 11k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @sd_tom said:

                                You coming around to the potential of Rosen yet? 

                                Yes, believe it or not Tom.   I thought he did well for himself at the combines.  I liked that video you shared with all the nice throws he made that were dropped and the commentary was excellent.  I wouldn't have a problem with him at all if our FO came to the conclusion he's the guy. 

                                I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
                                S 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • FlugelF Flugel

                                  @sd_tom said:

                                  You coming around to the potential of Rosen yet? 

                                  Yes, believe it or not Tom.   I thought he did well for himself at the combines.  I liked that video you shared with all the nice throws he made that were dropped and the commentary was excellent.  I wouldn't have a problem with him at all if our FO came to the conclusion he's the guy. 

                                  SD_Tom S Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 994 Posts
                                  • 260 Reputation
                                  S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @flugel said:

                                  Yes, believe it or not Tom.   I thought he did well for himself at the combines.  I liked that video you shared with all the nice throws he made that were dropped and the commentary was excellent.  I wouldn't have a problem with him at all if our FO came to the conclusion he's the guy. 

                                  I think so too.  I just dread hearing "FROM PENN STATE...." at the #1 spot.  

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  👍
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • S SD_Tom

                                    @hoorta said:

                                    I've always had Rosen in my top 3. To have him as our #1 in the draft?  It's going to seriously depend how much weight Dorsey & Company put on his injury history. Those two concussions scare me. Josh is also the least mobile compared to Darnold and Mayfield- he's going to get hit a lot in the pros. I've mentioned he has a tennis player build, do we take him at #1 and watch him turn into another Sam Bradford, great when he's healthy- except he never is?   

                                    After listening to Cosell, I'm firming up my ranking #1 Mayfield, #2 Darnold, #3 Rosen. Just no to Allen and Jackson. 

                                    Medicals will be important. 

                                    Imo he's mobile enough.  It's not like he can't improve pocket mobility/awareness,  his combine measurables were similar to Darnold and mayfield. He's plenty athletic. Mayfield and Darnold aren't significantly faster than Rosen. Rosen needs to be less willing to take hits to deliver passes than he was in college. 

                                    The pure pocket passers seem to stay on the field more than the mobile ones. I think his game translates better to the NFL then the others. 

                                    LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 10k Posts
                                    • 2k Reputation
                                    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @sd_tom said:

                                    Medicals will be important. 

                                    Imo he's mobile enough.  It's not like he can't improve pocket mobility/awareness,  his combine measurables were similar to Darnold and mayfield. He's plenty athletic. Mayfield and Darnold aren't significantly faster than Rosen. Rosen needs to be less willing to take hits to deliver passes than he was in college. 

                                    The pure pocket passers seem to stay on the field more than the mobile ones. I think his game translates better to the NFL then the others. 

                                    All of this is true. Though those concussions concern me. Couple that with Rosen being pretty wise for a young kid. He won’t be the guy turning his brain to paste for the love of the game.

                                    S 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                                      @sd_tom said:

                                      Medicals will be important. 

                                      Imo he's mobile enough.  It's not like he can't improve pocket mobility/awareness,  his combine measurables were similar to Darnold and mayfield. He's plenty athletic. Mayfield and Darnold aren't significantly faster than Rosen. Rosen needs to be less willing to take hits to deliver passes than he was in college. 

                                      The pure pocket passers seem to stay on the field more than the mobile ones. I think his game translates better to the NFL then the others. 

                                      All of this is true. Though those concussions concern me. Couple that with Rosen being pretty wise for a young kid. He won’t be the guy turning his brain to paste for the love of the game.

                                      SD_Tom S Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 994 Posts
                                      • 260 Reputation
                                      S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @logicisforsquares said:

                                      All of this is true. Though those concussions concern me. Couple that with Rosen being pretty wise for a young kid. He won’t be the guy turning his brain to paste for the love of the game.

                                      He's extremely smart. He can figure out how to succeed with his talent, and he can hopefully see the pieces falling into place, and if he's the "Chosen One" who can get them into the playoffs, he'll be established in NFL history as helping to turn this shitshow into a winner, and gets the keys to the city and gets that recognition from everyone about how he did what 25+ other have failed at. It's entirely possible. They gutted the team to make years like this possible. Best case, we get the Cowboys 1-15 type turn around with the #1 QB.

                                      It's set in motion with getting the draft picks correct this year, and getting some big time free agents. They could possible get a QB, a RB, another edge rusher, and another play maker at WR in the first 2 rounds. I'm so pumped for the draft! 

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      👍
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                        • 64k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Rosenbum is a cross between Matt Leinart, Matt Barkley and Jay Cutler.

                                        That's the negatives of all three...

                                        best mechanics. pure passer. no way he gets drafted by the Browns. They know better.

                                        S 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • C calfoxwc

                                          Rosenbum is a cross between Matt Leinart, Matt Barkley and Jay Cutler.

                                          That's the negatives of all three...

                                          best mechanics. pure passer. no way he gets drafted by the Browns. They know better.

                                          SD_Tom S Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 994 Posts
                                          • 260 Reputation
                                          S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @calfoxwc said:

                                          Rosenbum is a cross between Matt Leinart, Matt Barkley and Jay Cutler.

                                          That's the negatives of all three...

                                          best mechanics. pure passer. no way he gets drafted by the Browns. They know better.

                                          Yeah,  cuz they have a track record of genius moves in the draft.  Stellar record thus far,  especially at qb. They sure know what they're doing. 

                                          That changes this year.  If they don't take him,  we'll get to see him again and again on the ESPN highlights,  and hear about "for some reason the Browns didn't want a top qb again" 

                                          An accurate,  pro ready qb with a big arm,  who hits guys in stride, can read defenses,  and play under center.... And has Landry,  Gordon,  njoku,  Duke,  and Coleman to throw to. 

                                          God forbid! Can't have that! 

                                          Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate