Skip to content

Cousins to sign 3 year $84M fully guaranteed deal, insane?

The Browns Board
41 16 1.3k 1
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #2

    That's just Dumb.. sink all that money into one player.. OOooookay!

  • That's just Dumb.. sink all that money into one player.. OOooookay!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @nickers said:

    That's just Dumb.. sink all that money into one player.. OOooookay!

    Maybe they'll bench him so he doesn't get hurt.  😆

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #4

    Not bad for the guy picked 3 rounds after RG3, to be the backup.

    Good luck Vikings.

      -  snow day here in New England......snowing to beat the band.... -  now back to regular broadcasting

  • Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Whatever. For the Vikings I guess it makes sense. They got where they did last season with Case Keenum and even though Cousins isn't... Awesome?  He is like twice the QB Keenum is. 

    Not gonna be insane if they win. Gonna look awful if they fail to make the playoffs.

  • Whatever. For the Vikings I guess it makes sense. They got where they did last season with Case Keenum and even though Cousins isn't... Awesome?  He is like twice the QB Keenum is. 

    Not gonna be insane if they win. Gonna look awful if they fail to make the playoffs.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Whatever. For the Vikings I guess it makes sense. They got where they did last season with Case Keenum and even though Cousins isn't... Awesome?  He is like twice the QB Keenum is. 

    Not gonna be insane if they win. Gonna look awful if they fail to make the playoffs.

    Win the Super Bowl maybe, anything less looks so desperate. 

    Even a 1 year $28M fully guaranteed contract in a brutal contact sport for anybody is so insane.

  • B Bob Wiley wrote on last edited by
    #7

    It’s a lot, but in a year or two, he will be the fifth highest paid qb. It’s what he is worth in the NFL market.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #8

    fully guaranteed  could change negotiations in the future 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    OK, but Jeez.....the money JG made....and the money Cousins will make:

    Imagine what the actually really GOOD QBs in this league could/should be making:

    Brady,   BR, Rodgers,  Wilson,  Flacco, Ryan,  Stafford,   Luck..if he were healthy,  Brees (though I guess he got a deal done),  Rivers, Carr

    ....all of whom I rate above Cousins...and JG....at this point.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #10

    chr-tpgrape.jpg

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #11
  • OK, but Jeez.....the money JG made....and the money Cousins will make:

    Imagine what the actually really GOOD QBs in this league could/should be making:

    Brady,   BR, Rodgers,  Wilson,  Flacco, Ryan,  Stafford,   Luck..if he were healthy,  Brees (though I guess he got a deal done),  Rivers, Carr

    ....all of whom I rate above Cousins...and JG....at this point.

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, but Jeez.....the money JG made....and the money Cousins will make:

    Imagine what the actually really GOOD QBs in this league could/should be making:

    Brady,   BR, Rodgers,  Wilson,  Flacco, Ryan,  Stafford,   Luck..if he were healthy,  Brees (though I guess he got a deal done),  Rivers, Carr

    ....all of whom I rate above Cousins...and JG....at this point.

    All should rate higher except may Fluco. 

    I also would have Alex Smith. 

    And a few of the young guys, JG included may after more time.

    I have never seen Flacco as much of a top QB, or Cousins. Cousins put up great NUMBERS, but not his play

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @sd_tom said:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalowdown.com/2018/03/12/buffalo-bills-will-draft-josh-rosen/amp/

    They won't draft Rosen if he is not on the board.  Does this guy think Rosen will slip to 12?  

    For all we know....the Browns still may take him at #1.

  • @the-gipper said:

    OK, but Jeez.....the money JG made....and the money Cousins will make:

    Imagine what the actually really GOOD QBs in this league could/should be making:

    Brady,   BR, Rodgers,  Wilson,  Flacco, Ryan,  Stafford,   Luck..if he were healthy,  Brees (though I guess he got a deal done),  Rivers, Carr

    ....all of whom I rate above Cousins...and JG....at this point.

    All should rate higher except may Fluco. 

    I also would have Alex Smith. 

    And a few of the young guys, JG included may after more time.

    I have never seen Flacco as much of a top QB, or Cousins. Cousins put up great NUMBERS, but not his play

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @gunz41 said:

    All should rate higher except may Fluco. 

    I also would have Alex Smith. 

    And a few of the young guys, JG included may after more time.

    I have never seen Flacco as much of a top QB, or Cousins. Cousins put up great NUMBERS, but not his play

    His own team didn't think they could win with him.   It is why they never cut a long term deal with him.   Because, they were right.  He was 26-30-1.

    Now...the rest of the shite on that team had a lot to do with it....but he never got his team to rise above the level of mediocrity...

  • OK, but Jeez.....the money JG made....and the money Cousins will make:

    Imagine what the actually really GOOD QBs in this league could/should be making:

    Brady,   BR, Rodgers,  Wilson,  Flacco, Ryan,  Stafford,   Luck..if he were healthy,  Brees (though I guess he got a deal done),  Rivers, Carr

    ....all of whom I rate above Cousins...and JG....at this point.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @the-gipper said:

    OK, but Jeez.....the money JG made....and the money Cousins will make:

    Imagine what the actually really GOOD QBs in this league could/should be making:

    Brady,   BR, Rodgers,  Wilson,  Flacco, Ryan,  Stafford,   Luck..if he were healthy,  Brees (though I guess he got a deal done),  Rivers, Carr

    ....all of whom I rate above Cousins...and JG....at this point.

    Next in line for a big raise is Matt Ryan, after him Aaron Rodgers. Stay tuned Gip. 

  • @sd_tom said:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalowdown.com/2018/03/12/buffalo-bills-will-draft-josh-rosen/amp/

    They won't draft Rosen if he is not on the board.  Does this guy think Rosen will slip to 12?  

    For all we know....the Browns still may take him at #1.

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @the-gipper said:

    They won't draft Rosen if he is not on the board.  Does this guy think Rosen will slip to 12?  

    For all we know....the Browns still may take him at #1.

    No way he drops out of the top 5,  I agree,  unless they trade the house to move up 

  • @the-gipper said:

    They won't draft Rosen if he is not on the board.  Does this guy think Rosen will slip to 12?  

    For all we know....the Browns still may take him at #1.

    No way he drops out of the top 5,  I agree,  unless they trade the house to move up 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @sd_tom said:

    No way he drops out of the top 5,  I agree,  unless they trade the house to move up 

    Which....they might.   But I see that probably happening only on draft day....only after the Browns have made their choice.....then the Bills may want to move up to as high as #2....if the Browns haven't taken him. 

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #18

    In a league with teams starved for a franchise QB, it makes sense, but damn, The Vikings could of kept Keenum and drafted a guy. I would've done that over overpaying for Cousins. As far as Jimmy G goes, I always predicted he'd be lights out when he's ready, and I for sure think he's worth the contract he received. 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @sd_tom said:

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalowdown.com/2018/03/12/buffalo-bills-will-draft-josh-rosen/amp/

    Here's how the FA QB sweepstakes affects the top of the draft- just my humble opinion. Cousins to the Vikes- no surprise. Keenum to the Broncos, Elway decided Cousin's contract is too rich for his blood. Bradford (one year deal) to the Cardinals. 

    We'll assume the Browns take their preferred QB at #1. Broncos now unlikely to trade up, they'll sit at #5 and cross their fingers. Jets are left out in the cold. If the Bills want Rosen- they have the draft picks to do so, assuming the Giants or Colts are willing to trade down. The Jets could get in a bidding war for the #2 with the Bills. MHO is the Cardinals don't have the draft ammo to move into the top five, they may wind up having to take Rudolph or Jackson- whichever they prefer. 

    I've been saying very possible QBs could go in the first three picks. Nirvana for the Browns at #4. Chubb or Barkley are sitting there for us.  🙂  

  • That's just Dumb.. sink all that money into one player.. OOooookay!

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @nickers said:

    That's just Dumb.. sink all that money into one player.. OOooookay!

    ...and that one player ain't exactly elite! Unfortunately, the bar has been set.

    Mike

  • @nickers said:

    That's just Dumb.. sink all that money into one player.. OOooookay!

    ...and that one player ain't exactly elite! Unfortunately, the bar has been set.

    Mike

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @canton-mike said:

    ...and that one player ain't exactly elite! Unfortunately, the bar has been set.

    Mike

    I just made a prediction on another thread that I think that Vikings fans will wish they had Keenum back next year, rather than Cousins.