Skip to content

Carlos Hyde is a Brown

The Browns Board
102 33 3.5k
  • Who would be a worth pick in round one of the Browns traded down  at the OT position?   

    McGlinchey seems to be the only name that comes to mind.  Surely not Orlando Brown JR.

  • Wow this isn't your grandpa's 2017 Cleveland Browns team anymore. 😮

    @mjp28 said:

    Wow this isn't your grandpa's 2017 Cleveland Browns team anymore. 😮

    Dorsey quit school because they had recess.

  • Who would be a worth pick in round one of the Browns traded down  at the OT position?   

    McGlinchey seems to be the only name that comes to mind.  Surely not Orlando Brown JR.

    @the-gipper said:

    Who would be a worth pick in round one of the Browns traded down  at the OT position?   

    McGlinchey seems to be the only name that comes to mind.  Surely not Orlando Brown JR.

    Just pass on Orlando- he's WAY too slow to cut it at LT.   

  • Better vision than Crow... but lacks availability and acceleration.

    Meh...

    @tour2ma said:

    Better vision than Crow... but lacks availability and acceleration.

    Meh...

    Missed 3 games in the last 2 seasons. Picks up a steady 4 yac.

    Workhorse and goal line RB who can catch the ball too.  http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9381/carlos-hyde

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who would be a worth pick in round one of the Browns traded down  at the OT position?   

    McGlinchey seems to be the only name that comes to mind.  Surely not Orlando Brown JR.

    Just pass on Orlando- he's WAY too slow to cut it at LT.   

    @hoorta said:

    Just pass on Orlando- he's WAY too slow to cut it at LT.   

    There is no way in the NFL. Too big a jump for his limited athleticism. He'll be a guard, maybe RT

    Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan

    Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T

    Aaron Stinnie, OT, James Madison

  • @hoorta said:

    Just pass on Orlando- he's WAY too slow to cut it at LT.   

    There is no way in the NFL. Too big a jump for his limited athleticism. He'll be a guard, maybe RT

    Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan

    Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T

    Aaron Stinnie, OT, James Madison

    @calfoxwc said:

    There is no way in the NFL. Too big a jump for his limited athleticism. He'll be a guard, maybe RT

    Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan

    Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T

    Aaron Stinnie, OT, James Madison

    You taking over as draft guru Cal? Where are they slotted to go?   

  • @calfoxwc said:

    There is no way in the NFL. Too big a jump for his limited athleticism. He'll be a guard, maybe RT

    Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan

    Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T

    Aaron Stinnie, OT, James Madison

    You taking over as draft guru Cal? Where are they slotted to go?   

    @hoorta said:

    You taking over as draft guru Cal? Where are they slotted to go?   

    LOL, perusing Walter Football OT prospects, how about that Cappa dude from Humboldt State as a project? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Who would be a worth pick in round one of the Browns traded down  at the OT position?   

    McGlinchey seems to be the only name that comes to mind.  Surely not Orlando Brown JR.

    Just pass on Orlando- he's WAY too slow to cut it at LT.   

    @hoorta said:

    Just pass on Orlando- he's WAY too slow to cut it at LT.   

    Zeus ran  the same #  in the 40 and he turned out allright

  • @mld-woody said:

    Pretty happy about this signing. Hyde and Duke will be a great 1-2

    You'll be happier when we target Mo at 33 or 35.   (Provided he doesn't go back half of the 1st)

    @tiamat63 said:

    You'll be happier when we target Mo at 33 or 35.   (Provided he doesn't go back half of the 1st)

    That's true.

    Depends on how much concern teams have about his heart. He'd go earlier than that normally.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You'll be happier when we target Mo at 33 or 35.   (Provided he doesn't go back half of the 1st)

    That's true.

    Depends on how much concern teams have about his heart. He'd go earlier than that normally.

    @mld-woody said:

    That's true.

    Depends on how much concern teams have about his heart. He'd go earlier than that normally.

    So I haven't been able to follow things as closely as id like over the past month or so...  what did I miss here?

  • @mld-woody said:

    That's true.

    Depends on how much concern teams have about his heart. He'd go earlier than that normally.

    So I haven't been able to follow things as closely as id like over the past month or so...  what did I miss here?

    @tiamat63 said:

    So I haven't been able to follow things as closely as id like over the past month or so...  what did I miss here?

    Mo was sent home from the combine because an issue was his heart was flagged at his medical at the combine. An irregular EKG. Was compared to Star Lotulelei's condition. It came out that the same issue was found at Michigan and they let him play. And if Michigan's hospital let it go, one of the best in the world, I think he'll be ok.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    So I haven't been able to follow things as closely as id like over the past month or so...  what did I miss here?

    Mo was sent home from the combine because an issue was his heart was flagged at his medical at the combine. An irregular EKG. Was compared to Star Lotulelei's condition. It came out that the same issue was found at Michigan and they let him play. And if Michigan's hospital let it go, one of the best in the world, I think he'll be ok.

    @mld-woody said:

    Mo was sent home from the combine because an issue was his heart was flagged at his medical at the combine. An irregular EKG. Was compared to Star Lotulelei's condition. It came out that the same issue was found at Michigan and they let him play. And if Michigan's hospital let it go, one of the best in the world, I think he'll be ok.

    One of the finest hospitals in the world.  I'm sure if he was brought in to Cleveland for a workout the Clinic would also be giving him an eval.  If those two give the thumbs up and he drops, great value to be had there.  

  • @calfoxwc said:

    There is no way in the NFL. Too big a jump for his limited athleticism. He'll be a guard, maybe RT

    Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan

    Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T

    Aaron Stinnie, OT, James Madison

    You taking over as draft guru Cal? Where are they slotted to go?   

    @hoorta said:

    You taking over as draft guru Cal? Where are they slotted to go?   

    later picks. like a LOT of offensive linemen in the NFL. After watching  orlando in the

    college all star competition - he looked very heavy footed for a tackle to me. That's all.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Hyde is an upgrade to Ifalldown Crowell but really JAG. Yesterday's FA performance by the Browns was underwhelming to say the least. They really Sheet the bed with perhaps the exception of Hubbard. 

    how did the browns sheet the bed? FA needs both the player and FO to agree on contracts. Just because the browns have money doesn't mean 1) they should overpay for someone 2) that player x wants to play for the browns 3) the browns actually like the player as much as the media does 4) winning in FA doesn't mean winning on the field

    I think the browns have added talent, spent some money but haven't blown away all their money. They are adding pieces.

    @bigalow80 said:

    how did the browns sheet the bed? FA needs both the player and FO to agree on contracts. Just because the browns have money doesn't mean 1) they should overpay for someone 2) that player x wants to play for the browns 3) the browns actually like the player as much as the media does 4) winning in FA doesn't mean winning on the field

    I think the browns have added talent, spent some money but haven't blown away all their money. They are adding pieces.

    Well said. At this time, Cleveland is hardly the most "destination of choice" in the NFL. Frankly, I'm impressed they were able to add the pieces they have. Great job by our FO.

    Mike

  • @bigalow80 said:

    how did the browns sheet the bed? FA needs both the player and FO to agree on contracts. Just because the browns have money doesn't mean 1) they should overpay for someone 2) that player x wants to play for the browns 3) the browns actually like the player as much as the media does 4) winning in FA doesn't mean winning on the field

    I think the browns have added talent, spent some money but haven't blown away all their money. They are adding pieces.

    Well said. At this time, Cleveland is hardly the most "destination of choice" in the NFL. Frankly, I'm impressed they were able to add the pieces they have. Great job by our FO.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Well said. At this time, Cleveland is hardly the most "destination of choice" in the NFL. Frankly, I'm impressed they were able to add the pieces they have. Great job by our FO.

    Mike

    Starting to change the culture.  Adding the #1 and #4 and getting it right will help immensely.  They have a chance to completely revamp this team with the first 5 picks.  

  • Chud pick one Allen pick 4 penny 1st pick in the second 

  • Hyde was more dominant at Oho State than Barkley was at Penn St. As long as he stays healthy, with our O line, he'll be solid. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    If it's the Bills, I'd cry to move back THAT far.  I think that's been our downfall in recent years.  Trade back?  Sure, fine.  But trade back into the 20's?  Ehhhhh

    They are at #12 now after a trade with Cinci

    @londonbrown said:

    They are at #12 now after a trade with Cinci

    Then I'm ALL over it!

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    If it's the Bills, I'd cry to move back THAT far.  I think that's been our downfall in recent years.  Trade back?  Sure, fine.  But trade back into the 20's?  Ehhhhh

    The Bills now have the #12 pick......so, how does that change your thinking?

    @the-gipper said:

    The Bills now have the #12 pick......so, how does that change your thinking?

    It COMPLETELY changes my thinking!  I have no problem moving down to 12, BUT....I have to say that I'd much rather just pick at 4, and let the chips fall where they may.  Yes, it's great to keep having more and more picks each year, but I fear we're missing out on some of the "impact players" by moving down so often.  Corey Coleman is an excellent example.  I'd actually bet that we're moving on from him, and that would make he and Shelton two MORE first rounders that are no longer with us.  I just don't see why picking in the first round is SO HARD.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    So I haven't been able to follow things as closely as id like over the past month or so...  what did I miss here?

    Mo was sent home from the combine because an issue was his heart was flagged at his medical at the combine. An irregular EKG. Was compared to Star Lotulelei's condition. It came out that the same issue was found at Michigan and they let him play. And if Michigan's hospital let it go, one of the best in the world, I think he'll be ok.

    @mld-woody said:

    Mo was sent home from the combine because an issue was his heart was flagged at his medical at the combine. An irregular EKG. Was compared to Star Lotulelei's condition. It came out that the same issue was found at Michigan and they let him play. And if Michigan's hospital let it go, one of the best in the world, I think he'll be ok.

    The best cardio department in the world is here at the Cleveland Clinic.  If he really wants to check things out, he should go there.

    But, based on this factoid......this makes this guy only a 6th or 7th round risk.

    Don't need no Hank Gathers situation here.    (look him up if you don't know)