Skip to content

From nobody to the top of the first round of the draft - Josh Allen

The Browns Board
738 40 24.9k 1
  • if you read the actual posts - it was bounced at him, and he bounced it back.

    Not smart, he learned. A lot of minorities in his hs in California - must have been a fad.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    if you read the actual posts - it was bounced at him, and he bounced it back.

    Not smart, he learned. A lot of minorities in his hs in California - must have been a fad.

    You know, I was going to make a comment on how you'd brush this aside, but I figured you'd rear your head anyway with some links and a comment.  Thanks for not disappointing.

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes they are. Everybody's offended by everything always.

    And how dare you pick on a high-school kid!?!?

    WSS

    It's about branding my man. Right or wrong people will rally against Allen because of something like this. The "N" word people could probably look past. But he directly said 

    "Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! "

    Joke or not, that stings.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    Not that I brushed it aside, jrb, but do you want to post how he probably dirtied his diaper when he was

    2 months old, too?

    It was said to him, "why are you so white"...and he made a stupid joke in return. same thing with the n-word.

    Context - it was wrong, but still, context. After all your excusing Mayfield's antics, you go back to high school for Allen.

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    if you read the actual posts - it was bounced at him, and he bounced it back.

    Not smart, he learned. A lot of minorities in his hs in California - must have been a fad.

    You know, I was going to make a comment on how you'd brush this aside, but I figured you'd rear your head anyway with some links and a comment.  Thanks for not disappointing.

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes they are. Everybody's offended by everything always.

    And how dare you pick on a high-school kid!?!?

    WSS

    It's about branding my man. Right or wrong people will rally against Allen because of something like this. The "N" word people could probably look past. But he directly said 

    "Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! "

    Joke or not, that stings.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    You know, I was going to make a comment on how you'd brush this aside, but I figured you'd rear your head anyway with some links and a comment.  Thanks for not disappointing.

    It's about branding my man. Right or wrong people will rally against Allen because of something like this. The "N" word people could probably look past. But he directly said 

    "Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! "

    Joke or not, that stings.

    But of course the admonition why are you so white didn't cause you to Blink an eye. Understood.

    WSS

  • Not that I brushed it aside, jrb, but do you want to post how he probably dirtied his diaper when he was

    2 months old, too?

    It was said to him, "why are you so white"...and he made a stupid joke in return. same thing with the n-word.

    Context - it was wrong, but still, context. After all your excusing Mayfield's antics, you go back to high school for Allen.

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Not that I brushed it aside, jrb, but do you want to post how he probably dirtied his diaper when he was

    2 months old, too?

    It was said to him, "why are you so white"...and he made a stupid joke in return. same thing with the n-word.

    Context - it was wrong, but still, context. After all your excusing Mayfield's antics, you go back to high school for Allen.

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

    The world and media doesn't care about context. The media can the rest of the kids life mark him as saying "if it aint white, it aint right". That simple.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    You know, I was going to make a comment on how you'd brush this aside, but I figured you'd rear your head anyway with some links and a comment.  Thanks for not disappointing.

    It's about branding my man. Right or wrong people will rally against Allen because of something like this. The "N" word people could probably look past. But he directly said 

    "Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! "

    Joke or not, that stings.

    But of course the admonition why are you so white didn't cause you to Blink an eye. Understood.

    WSS

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    But of course the admonition why are you so white didn't cause you to Blink an eye. Understood.

    WSS

    It doesn't. You can cry into your beer about it, but it doesn't.

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    When the Paul Revere of the Josh Allen patriots was announcing "The Rosens are coming - the Rosens are coming" - someone made it okay to hold comments Rosen made way back in high school against him.

    That being the case, did you know that in between altar boy sessions on Sundays - Josh Allen was firing off racial slurs in social media?    The NFL channel is reporting this today.   Someone's got some splainin to do.

  • Not that I brushed it aside, jrb, but do you want to post how he probably dirtied his diaper when he was

    2 months old, too?

    It was said to him, "why are you so white"...and he made a stupid joke in return. same thing with the n-word.

    Context - it was wrong, but still, context. After all your excusing Mayfield's antics, you go back to high school for Allen.

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

    You're a grown butt man using this phrase.   Let that sink in for a moment. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    But of course the admonition why are you so white didn't cause you to Blink an eye. Understood.

    WSS

    It doesn't. You can cry into your beer about it, but it doesn't.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    It doesn't. You can cry into your beer about it, but it doesn't.

    Me?  I don't care about either one. Somebody who really cares about one or the other is looking for reasons to be outraged.

    WSS

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    Here is my question. What team benefits the most from throwing out dirty smoke like this on draft day?

    NE or Pitt?

    Somebody wants him to drop to them-----bet on it.

  • Here is my question. What team benefits the most from throwing out dirty smoke like this on draft day?

    NE or Pitt?

    Somebody wants him to drop to them-----bet on it.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here is my question. What team benefits the most from throwing out dirty smoke like this on draft day?

    NE or Pitt?

    The agents for Rosen Mayfield or Darnold?

    WSS

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Not that I brushed it aside, jrb, but do you want to post how he probably dirtied his diaper when he was

    2 months old, too?

    It was said to him, "why are you so white"...and he made a stupid joke in return. same thing with the n-word.

    Context - it was wrong, but still, context. After all your excusing Mayfield's antics, you go back to high school for Allen.

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

    The world and media doesn't care about context. The media can the rest of the kids life mark him as saying "if it aint white, it aint right". That simple.

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    The world and media doesn't care about context. The media can the rest of the kids life mark him as saying "if it aint white, it aint right". That simple.

    Context is an excuse for Allen but isn't for Rosen?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The world and media doesn't care about context. The media can the rest of the kids life mark him as saying "if it aint white, it aint right". That simple.

    Context is an excuse for Allen but isn't for Rosen?

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711

    @unsympathetic said:

    Context is an excuse for Allen but isn't for Rosen?

    Yes, yes it is. I don't have a dog in the fight here but looking at the issue from the top it just is.

    EDIT: Well to be fair, my dog in the fight is that Allen is going to suck in the NFL but that's based on his body of work.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

    You're a grown butt man using this phrase.   Let that sink in for a moment. 

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're a grown butt man using this phrase.   Let that sink in for a moment. 

    he was not a grown man, dammit. He was FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. That's about 2011.

  • Not that I brushed it aside, jrb, but do you want to post how he probably dirtied his diaper when he was

    2 months old, too?

    It was said to him, "why are you so white"...and he made a stupid joke in return. same thing with the n-word.

    Context - it was wrong, but still, context. After all your excusing Mayfield's antics, you go back to high school for Allen.

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    Not that I brushed it aside, jrb, but do you want to post how he probably dirtied his diaper when he was

    2 months old, too?

    It was said to him, "why are you so white"...and he made a stupid joke in return. same thing with the n-word.

    Context - it was wrong, but still, context. After all your excusing Mayfield's antics, you go back to high school for Allen.

    I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate.

    😆MFAO!  Says the SAME guy that was all over anything and everything Josh Rosen said when he was 17 years old.  While the pot continues to call the kettle black - Josh Allen can only wish he used the word black in lieu of the hateful description he preferred.  But as you said, haters are gonna hate and Allen did...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're a grown butt man using this phrase.   Let that sink in for a moment. 

    he was not a grown man, dammit. He was FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. That's about 2011.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    he was not a grown man, dammit. He was FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. That's about 2011.

    I meant YOU...  saying "haters gonna hate".   

    What are you, 16?!?!

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    The media needed SOMETHING different to say.

    The kid was fifteen. Nate Burleson, on the NFL channel just this morning, had a similar take - it doesn't define who you are now, but kids need to know that if, somehow, they "know" they are going to be a pro player - that scouts, etc, are going to look at their history all the way back through grade school maybe.

      All this not caring about Rosen's lack of intangibles, just caring about "pocket passer"...

    and now this from 2011? five/six years ago? about one minute's worth of counter-jousting on social media?

    Burleson said teams will KNOW who the guy is with his entire career so far - they've done their homework.

    It was about a minute of stupid crap both ways on social media. It's bs.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    he was not a grown man, dammit. He was FIFTEEN YEARS OLD. That's about 2011.

    I meant YOU...  saying "haters gonna hate".   

    What are you, 16?!?!

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I meant YOU...  saying "haters gonna hate".   

    What are you, 16?!?!

    I was just talking down to your level, buttinski. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I meant YOU...  saying "haters gonna hate".   

    What are you, 16?!?!

    I was just talking down to your level, buttinski. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I was just talking down to your level, buttinski. 

    Damn, I wish I was 16 again.     I'd do 2004 all over in a heartbeat.  

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    So "documented racial slurs at 15" = "perceived lack of intangibles"?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I was just talking down to your level, buttinski. 

    Damn, I wish I was 16 again.     I'd do 2004 all over in a heartbeat.  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Damn, I wish I was 16 again.     I'd do 2004 all over in a heartbeat.  

    Man, I dunno... for me that'd mean Nixon again...

    Wait!

    I'll take Nixon.