Skip to content

Jets trade up

The Browns Board
127 32 6.3k
  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... definitely heading to Houston again... and definitely staying with the relatives.

    But this time Imma do the plannin' and sitting with them is optional.

    The Bulls in the Yellow lot were pretty cool. Papacitos, and there's a decent pizza joint across the street from the stadium. This time you have to show me those dive Tex-Mex places I missed out on. Maybe we can get Gipper and Zombo to join us this year. 🙂 

    Gotta take wifie AKA "The Curse"  to the 'Aints game this year too- man the travel budget is looking real heavy....   Not to mention Denver with Ag... Sheeze, I'm on a retirement budget....  Kills another two teams off the Bucket list...  

    You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

    @hoorta said:

    You damn well know- make the trip to Cleveland sometime and I have one (or up to three) of my 20 yard line seats with your name on it....  

    Sweet... remind me to be nice to you as needed... 😉

    @londonbrown said:

    Oh the Browns should do this, take Harold Landry at #12, a CB/DT at #22 and then a RB later on, probably in round two as this RB class is absolutely stacked. 

    We have filled some needs in FA and with losing some picks in trades for Landry and Randall, lets get some picks back and again have two first rounders next year. The Bills first next year could damn well be #1 with AJ McCarron their bridge BQ.

    I like the trade down plan albeit with different players preferred at 12 and 22, but I could live with (the consensus threshold) Harold and Josh Jackson...

    @orion said:

    So, in theory, they want Mayfield.

    Maybe... odds are Baker will be there at #3, but still just odd they move without having fully vetted all the possibles... or at least three of them.

  • Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

  • Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

    @poeticg said:

    Curious that the Jets would be willing to give up all that they did to move up to take the 3rd Best QB- IF the Browns and Giants go QB, which is what you all believe.

    However, the 3rd best QB potentially PLUS Barkley is not good enough for Cleveland?

    No. 

  • Bridgewater missed the entire 2016 season after suffering a serious knee injury in training camp, and he played only sparingly in one game in 2017. Whether he plays in 2018 remains to be seen, as he’s joining a very crowded quarterback room: The Jets have re-signed last year’s starter, Josh McCown, and they also have quarterbacks Christian Hackenberg, Bryce Petty and Joel Stave under contract. And, of course, Saturday’s trade with the Colts means the Jets are nearly certain to take a quarterback with the third overall pick in the draft.

    - I don't know that they will go QB #3. I have reasons to believe are targeting Barkley. 

  • "Shock the World..Take Barkley at #1 and Chubb at #4 then trade up to grab whichever qb falls. I think the floor is Miami for the top 4 at #11. This would take a ton of balls, use up lots of draft capital, and have a lot of faith."

    uhh.....

    I call that the syrup of ipecac plan.

    WSS

  • Jets were in discussions with The Browns for pick 1 but could not get a deal done .....

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/18/17136958/jets-reportedly-had-tried-to-trade-up-to-no-1-before-settling-with-no-3

  • Jets were in discussions with The Browns for pick 1 but could not get a deal done .....

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/18/17136958/jets-reportedly-had-tried-to-trade-up-to-no-1-before-settling-with-no-3

    There 

    @darren15 said:

    Jets were in discussions with The Browns for pick 1 but could not get a deal done .....

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/18/17136958/jets-reportedly-had-tried-to-trade-up-to-no-1-before-settling-with-no-3

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

  • There 

    @darren15 said:

    Jets were in discussions with The Browns for pick 1 but could not get a deal done .....

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/3/18/17136958/jets-reportedly-had-tried-to-trade-up-to-no-1-before-settling-with-no-3

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

    @bigalow80 said:

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

  • @bigalow80 said:

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    I know it's hard for you, but try anyways. 😉

  • @bigalow80 said:

    You realize the Jets may not be done moving up? There is still over a month before the draft. They could fall in love with a guy and want to go to #1. I'm sure the Browns would listen. If they love Allen, I think they get him at #3 because rumor is that the giants don't have him as high as Rosen or Darnold nor do the Jets. I would ask them for Lou Williams plus picks. 

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

    @poeticg said:

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

    Difference is I don't think Dutch lies in bed having wet dreams over Jimmy Garoppolo  

  • @poeticg said:

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

    Difference is I don't think Dutch lies in bed having wet dreams over Jimmy Garoppolo  

    @darren15 said:

    Difference is I don't think Dutch lies in bed having wet dreams over Jimmy Garoppolo  

    Chubb #1 overall and Josh Allen... Darren, quite now- adults are talking... 😛

  • @darren15 said:

    Difference is I don't think Dutch lies in bed having wet dreams over Jimmy Garoppolo  

    Chubb #1 overall and Josh Allen... Darren, quite now- adults are talking... 😛

    @poeticg said:

    Chubb #1 overall and Josh Allen... Darren, quite now- adults are talking... 😛

    Best player in the draft followed by the 2nd best QB ......  happy with that 🙂 

    And if Chubb isn't the best player in the draft....please tell us all who is...................... on 2nd thoughts don't 🙂

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Do you think the Browns are going QB #1?

    I just can't see the Browns going through this whole process and saying: "You know, any of three QBs will work!" Because if they trade down to #3, that's pretty much what they are saying. I can't imagine them really like a specific QB and rolling the dice that he wouldn't be taken with pick #1 or 2?

    It just hit me! You know who you remind me of? Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I couldn't put a finger on it, but that's it. I imagine you as her with a male Canadian accent. 

    @poeticg said:

     Mary Kay Cabot. 

    All this time, I put a finger in it, but that's it.  

    quietly..Adults are reading   

  • @poeticg said:

    Chubb #1 overall and Josh Allen... Darren, quite now- adults are talking... 😛

    Best player in the draft followed by the 2nd best QB ......  happy with that 🙂 

    And if Chubb isn't the best player in the draft....please tell us all who is...................... on 2nd thoughts don't 🙂

    @darren15 said:

    Best player in the draft followed by the 2nd best QB ......  happy with that 🙂 

    Saquon is the best player in the draft- I guess you missed the memo. 

    With that draft we didn't improve... Chubb is not better than Ogbah, he won't start over Ogbah- he might not even be able to beat out Nassib to be completely honest.

    With TWO TOP 4 picks you got us a backup DE and a backup QB... congrats.

  • Bridgewater missed the entire 2016 season after suffering a serious knee injury in training camp, and he played only sparingly in one game in 2017. Whether he plays in 2018 remains to be seen, as he’s joining a very crowded quarterback room: The Jets have re-signed last year’s starter, Josh McCown, and they also have quarterbacks Christian Hackenberg, Bryce Petty and Joel Stave under contract. And, of course, Saturday’s trade with the Colts means the Jets are nearly certain to take a quarterback with the third overall pick in the draft.

    - I don't know that they will go QB #3. I have reasons to believe are targeting Barkley. 

    @poeticg said:

    Bridgewater missed the entire 2016 season after suffering a serious knee injury in training camp, and he played only sparingly in one game in 2017. Whether he plays in 2018 remains to be seen, as he’s joining a very crowded quarterback room: The Jets have re-signed last year’s starter, Josh McCown, and they also have quarterbacks Christian Hackenberg, Bryce Petty and Joel Stave under contract. And, of course, Saturday’s trade with the Colts means the Jets are nearly certain to take a quarterback with the third overall pick in the draft.

    - I don't know that they will go QB #3. I have reasons to believe are targeting Barkley. 

    I have reason to believe you've lost your freaking mind, it's so far up Barkley's butt.  They is no way in hell, NONE, the Jets would give up that much draft capital to move up for a running back. NY IS TAKING A QUARTERBACK, PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. 

    It also means it's a near certainty the Browns will be taking their preferred Quarterback #1, because they're not about to take a chance the guy they really want will be there at #4. The odds of Saquon being there at #4 just went up Po, and I'm not certain Cleveland will even draft him there, if they think Chubb can make an equal impact on the defensive side. 

  • @ghoolie said:

    The one thing you can bet on is this................They will take Black Tarkenton at #1, and then trade down the #4

    So you are telling us they are taking Lamar Jackson at #1 then?

    @jcam222 said:

    So you are telling us they are taking Lamar Jackson at #1 then?

    Yes.

    Then they will trade the #4 away.

  • @jcam222 said:

    So you are telling us they are taking Lamar Jackson at #1 then?

    Yes.

    Then they will trade the #4 away.

    @ghoolie said:

    Yes.

    Then they will trade the #4 away.

    What? You think Sashi is still running the draft? It's going to be a quarterback, but definitely not Jackson. We're not taking the 5-6th best quarterback at #1. We may trade out of the #4, but I wouldn't count on it. 

    I'd suggest you watch some tape on Chubb- a Zumba instructor he isn't. He's currently my pick at #4. 

  • This pretty much locks us into a QB at #1 and I'm ok with Darnold, Mayfield, Rosen, and Jackson. If we take Allen I will lose my Sheet. 

    Chubb at 4 is a steal