Skip to content

All Saquon, all the Time...

Locked The Browns Board
303 28 8.7k 2
  • Barkley shouldn't have been a finalist for Doak Walker. that was a complete joke. Impossible to even justify it.

    Guy had 1271 yds rushing 5.9 YPC and didn't split time with anyone.... Lamar Jackson outrushed Saquon Barkley on the season in both total yds and YPC. 

    Bryce Love and Rashaad Penny were hands down the 2 best RB's in the country.  Saquon isn't in the top 20 in YPC or total rushing yards... He is #6 in total yards, but guess who #1 and #2 are? Penny and Love.  Love had 2218 yds rushing at 8.1, Penny had 2248 yds at 7.8. Those are dominating runners. 

  • The kickoff return has pretty much been made into a complete non-factor in the NFL, and I highly doubt a team uses the RB they took high in the first round as their kickoff returner.  At least not longterm. 

  • The kickoff return has pretty much been made into a complete non-factor in the NFL, and I highly doubt a team uses the RB they took high in the first round as their kickoff returner.  At least not longterm. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The kickoff return has pretty much been made into a complete non-factor in the NFL, and I highly doubt a team uses the RB they took high in the first round as their kickoff returner.  At least not longterm. 

    I'd like to agree but we did use our first rounder Peppers in Kickoff and Punt Return last season. It all depends on what is called for. Like I said, if it's the last drive of the game and we need a score, are you going to put your fastest strongest player on the return? They could always pooch it, but that would be decent field position I guess. 

  • I don't mean to degrade Sony, I like the kid, he's a cool cat. I wouldn't take him over Barkley though. 

    By 100% #1 Overall - I mean that "I" would have already turned in the card for him to be the first pick. 

    The all purpose yards are a big thing, because he's effective from a multiple of angles, he's not one dimensional. 

    The kickoff return yards... let me check it here- Barkley had a total of 19 kickoff returns in the 3 years- so not that many all told. But they did use him to spark the team here or there.. or if they needed a big return they would use Saquon then. But he had 519 yards total on those 19 kickoff returns... so he averaged 27.3 yards per return- running back 2 for TDs. 

    27.3 doesn't seem like much but here's what last years NFL comparisons looked like for Kickoff return averages... it puts Saquon squarely between Patterson and Cooper for #2 in the NFL...

    1 Cordarrelle Patterson Oakland Raiders WR 28.3
    2 Pharoh Cooper Los Angeles Rams WR 26.3

    @poeticg said:

    I don't mean to degrade Sony, I like the kid, he's a cool cat. I wouldn't take him over Barkley though. 

    By 100% #1 Overall - I mean that "I" would have already turned in the card for him to be the first pick. 

    The all purpose yards are a big thing, because he's effective from a multiple of angles, he's not one dimensional. 

    The kickoff return yards... let me check it here- Barkley had a total of 19 kickoff returns in the 3 years- so not that many all told. But they did use him to spark the team here or there.. or if they needed a big return they would use Saquon then. But he had 519 yards total on those 19 kickoff returns... so he averaged 27.3 yards per return- running back 2 for TDs. 

    27.3 doesn't seem like much but here's what last years NFL comparisons looked like for Kickoff return averages... it puts Saquon squarely between Patterson and Cooper for #2 in the NFL...

    1 Cordarrelle Patterson Oakland Raiders WR 28.3
    2 Pharoh Cooper Los Angeles Rams WR 26.3

    I didn't think you were TRYING to degrade him, but when you point out a negative for him, you have to use the same criteria for Barkley.

    And I know you would take him, but you said 100% if he isn't taken 1 then will be 2. Which that isn't 100%.

    Again, of course all the yards are important, but when you add them it increases his total, where someone else didn't have that opportunity. I am not looking up the exact numbers because they don't really matter, but you had said something like 3300 all purpose yards in career. So let's say he averages 8 yards per play. That is 412 touches. So take out the 19 for 519, that leaves 393 for 2781 which is a full yard less, which is a difference to change.

    And while the 27.3 would be #2, you can't just plug in a number and expect it to continue in pros.

    None of that is to say Barkley won't be a good player, just goes to show that a stat can be used depending on how you want to look at it. Just like you can point out the 2 TD's against Ohio State, someone else can point out the poor ypc, and both are right, just depends how they are interpreted.

  • @poeticg said:

    I don't mean to degrade Sony, I like the kid, he's a cool cat. I wouldn't take him over Barkley though. 

    By 100% #1 Overall - I mean that "I" would have already turned in the card for him to be the first pick. 

    The all purpose yards are a big thing, because he's effective from a multiple of angles, he's not one dimensional. 

    The kickoff return yards... let me check it here- Barkley had a total of 19 kickoff returns in the 3 years- so not that many all told. But they did use him to spark the team here or there.. or if they needed a big return they would use Saquon then. But he had 519 yards total on those 19 kickoff returns... so he averaged 27.3 yards per return- running back 2 for TDs. 

    27.3 doesn't seem like much but here's what last years NFL comparisons looked like for Kickoff return averages... it puts Saquon squarely between Patterson and Cooper for #2 in the NFL...

    1 Cordarrelle Patterson Oakland Raiders WR 28.3
    2 Pharoh Cooper Los Angeles Rams WR 26.3

    I didn't think you were TRYING to degrade him, but when you point out a negative for him, you have to use the same criteria for Barkley.

    And I know you would take him, but you said 100% if he isn't taken 1 then will be 2. Which that isn't 100%.

    Again, of course all the yards are important, but when you add them it increases his total, where someone else didn't have that opportunity. I am not looking up the exact numbers because they don't really matter, but you had said something like 3300 all purpose yards in career. So let's say he averages 8 yards per play. That is 412 touches. So take out the 19 for 519, that leaves 393 for 2781 which is a full yard less, which is a difference to change.

    And while the 27.3 would be #2, you can't just plug in a number and expect it to continue in pros.

    None of that is to say Barkley won't be a good player, just goes to show that a stat can be used depending on how you want to look at it. Just like you can point out the 2 TD's against Ohio State, someone else can point out the poor ypc, and both are right, just depends how they are interpreted.

    @gunz41 said:

    I didn't think you were TRYING to degrade him, but when you point out a negative for him, you have to use the same criteria for Barkley.

    And I know you would take him, but you said 100% if he isn't taken 1 then will be 2. Which that isn't 100%.

    Again, of course all the yards are important, but when you add them it increases his total, where someone else didn't have that opportunity. I am not looking up the exact numbers because they don't really matter, but you had said something like 3300 all purpose yards in career. So let's say he averages 8 yards per play. That is 412 touches. So take out the 19 for 519, that leaves 393 for 2781 which is a full yard less, which is a difference to change.

    And while the 27.3 would be #2, you can't just plug in a number and expect it to continue in pros.

    None of that is to say Barkley won't be a good player, just goes to show that a stat can be used depending on how you want to look at it. Just like you can point out the 2 TD's against Ohio State, someone else can point out the poor ypc, and both are right, just depends how they are interpreted.

    ^that was one of the major points I had tried to make in the response that I ended up losing, how each of us interprets the stats and how they can be seen in different ways depending on the angle you view them from. Great job G! 

  • And for the record you don't know what string QB Hogan is this season. 

    I fully expect him to be right on Tyrod's heels. He's a warrior. 

    @poeticg said:

    I fully expect (Hogan) to be right on Tyrod's heels. He's a warrior. 

    Tyrod is heading out the door?

  • @poeticg said:

    I fully expect (Hogan) to be right on Tyrod's heels. He's a warrior. 

    Tyrod is heading out the door?

    @tour2ma said:

    Tyrod is heading out the door?

    😁 lol that's cold 😆 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Tyrod is heading out the door?

    😁 lol that's cold 😆 

    @poeticg said:

    😁 lol that's cold 😆 

    kinda liked that one myself... 😉

  • I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley. My two biggest concerns are whether or not Saquon can run effectively between the tackles in the NFL, and whether or not he can be an asset in pass protection. He's certainly got the STRENGTH to do both, but I'm not sure I remember him doing much of either in college. Perhaps he wasn't asked to, or perhaps I simply wasn't paying attention, but I don't seem to remember those aspects of his game jumping off the film. This isn't to say the kid can't LEARN these things, and I think it's fair to say that many college RBs don't enter the league adept at pass protection, but it's just something I think about. Finally, I just have a very difficult time believing we're going to go offense-offense with our first two picks of the draft, ya know? Presumably our first pick is a QB, so we hope to not even SEE the kid this year, and then our next pick is going to be a RB even though our GM has been in the league FOREVER and has NEVER taken a RB in the first round of any draft? In fact, he's only taken a RB in the 2nd round once, and that pick was a bust. I honestly think we are comfortable with most of our offensive components, and I don't see us adding a player like Saquon when we have so much work to do on the defensive side of the ball. 

    Teams generally trade up for QBs and pass rushers, we know this, but Saquon is thought by many to be a transcendent talent, and if he's available at 4, will the phones be ringing for a trade? What if the Giants take Saquon at 2? To me, that's the best case scenario. It means I don't have to worry about our team taking Saquon, lol. In all seriousness, I REALLY want the draft to go QB for picks 1-3, as that makes our #4 very valuable. Teams like Buffalo, Denver, and even Arizona are going to be dying to trade up for the "last" available QB. I personally don't want to trade down, but I'm almost positive we're going to, fellas. 

    Buffalo is going to trade up for a QB, I think many of us expect this. In fact, I think they will announce a trade with the New York Giants in the next few days. If this doesn't happen, I'd expect OUR phone to blow up, and that's where it gets interesting (and by interesting I mean terrifying). Buffalo now has picks 12 and 22 in the first round I believe, and this seems like JUST the type of situation our beloved Browns simply CAN'T pass up. "OMG, TWO 1ST ROUNDERS! WE HAVE TO DO IT!" Buffalo wants their QB, as we currently have theirs from last year. They know they have to move up to get him, regardless of signing McCarron. 

    How do you guys feel about drafting at #12? It's JUST out of the range where we can probably get one of MY top tier guys, but I think we need to embrace the idea that we're trading down, and many of our fans should probably get the Saquon dreams out of their minds. It's simply too much draft capital for a GM not to muck with, and there won't be a shortage of teams who want to trade with us. So many years you'll hear fans of certain teams scream, "We should have traded down for more picks and players!" Well, that's all fine and good, but you actually need another team who is WILLING to trade first. In our situation, we're going to have multiple offers, and I don't see how we resist them all. 

  • Barkley the Dog is a wasted pick @ #4.

  • I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley. My two biggest concerns are whether or not Saquon can run effectively between the tackles in the NFL, and whether or not he can be an asset in pass protection. He's certainly got the STRENGTH to do both, but I'm not sure I remember him doing much of either in college. Perhaps he wasn't asked to, or perhaps I simply wasn't paying attention, but I don't seem to remember those aspects of his game jumping off the film. This isn't to say the kid can't LEARN these things, and I think it's fair to say that many college RBs don't enter the league adept at pass protection, but it's just something I think about. Finally, I just have a very difficult time believing we're going to go offense-offense with our first two picks of the draft, ya know? Presumably our first pick is a QB, so we hope to not even SEE the kid this year, and then our next pick is going to be a RB even though our GM has been in the league FOREVER and has NEVER taken a RB in the first round of any draft? In fact, he's only taken a RB in the 2nd round once, and that pick was a bust. I honestly think we are comfortable with most of our offensive components, and I don't see us adding a player like Saquon when we have so much work to do on the defensive side of the ball. 

    Teams generally trade up for QBs and pass rushers, we know this, but Saquon is thought by many to be a transcendent talent, and if he's available at 4, will the phones be ringing for a trade? What if the Giants take Saquon at 2? To me, that's the best case scenario. It means I don't have to worry about our team taking Saquon, lol. In all seriousness, I REALLY want the draft to go QB for picks 1-3, as that makes our #4 very valuable. Teams like Buffalo, Denver, and even Arizona are going to be dying to trade up for the "last" available QB. I personally don't want to trade down, but I'm almost positive we're going to, fellas. 

    Buffalo is going to trade up for a QB, I think many of us expect this. In fact, I think they will announce a trade with the New York Giants in the next few days. If this doesn't happen, I'd expect OUR phone to blow up, and that's where it gets interesting (and by interesting I mean terrifying). Buffalo now has picks 12 and 22 in the first round I believe, and this seems like JUST the type of situation our beloved Browns simply CAN'T pass up. "OMG, TWO 1ST ROUNDERS! WE HAVE TO DO IT!" Buffalo wants their QB, as we currently have theirs from last year. They know they have to move up to get him, regardless of signing McCarron. 

    How do you guys feel about drafting at #12? It's JUST out of the range where we can probably get one of MY top tier guys, but I think we need to embrace the idea that we're trading down, and many of our fans should probably get the Saquon dreams out of their minds. It's simply too much draft capital for a GM not to muck with, and there won't be a shortage of teams who want to trade with us. So many years you'll hear fans of certain teams scream, "We should have traded down for more picks and players!" Well, that's all fine and good, but you actually need another team who is WILLING to trade first. In our situation, we're going to have multiple offers, and I don't see how we resist them all. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley.

    We've literally had 40+ pages of people arguing with Barkley's lover of why it is a bad idea to take him at #1 (or #4). 

    Wow. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley.

    We've literally had 40+ pages of people arguing with Barkley's lover of why it is a bad idea to take him at #1 (or #4). 

    Wow. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    We've literally had 40+ pages of people arguing with Barkley's lover of why it is a bad idea to take him at #1 (or #4). 

    Wow. 

    That came out wrong.  I meant, compared to all the talking heads and analysts.  They ALL seem to love him and call him the best player in the draft.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    We've literally had 40+ pages of people arguing with Barkley's lover of why it is a bad idea to take him at #1 (or #4). 

    Wow. 

    That came out wrong.  I meant, compared to all the talking heads and analysts.  They ALL seem to love him and call him the best player in the draft.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    That came out wrong.  I meant, compared to all the talking heads and analysts.  They ALL seem to love him and call him the best player in the draft.  

    Just another overhyped individual being "sold" by people who want clicks.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    That came out wrong.  I meant, compared to all the talking heads and analysts.  They ALL seem to love him and call him the best player in the draft.  

    Just another overhyped individual being "sold" by people who want clicks.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Just another overhyped individual being "sold" by people who want clicks.

    It's certainly possible there's something to that as I would imagine the biggest portion of draft analysts do just what we do here. Look at other draft analysts and put together our predictions and opinions. I don't think anybody starts from scratch in a vacuum.

    Still I don't think it's a huge stretch of the imagination to think that player X or Y or Z might possibly be the best at his position to come around for years.

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Don't get your extra chromosome all in a huff, PatheticG. 

    Don't you be calling me out my name dawg. Pathetic is your attempt at mocking me for calling Barkley for what he is. Pathetic is being so punch drunk for a Quarterback that you can't see the forest for the tress. Pathetic is your attempt at trolling me, without ever adding anything of substance to your own posts. 

    You see, what I do is poetic. What you do is pathetic. Quite a difference it makes when you actually know what a word means.

    Barkley will be the #1 pick of the draft OR he'll be the #2 pick in the draft, it all depends on how smart the Browns are going to play this.  

    @poeticg said:

    Don't you be calling me out my name dawg. Pathetic is your attempt at mocking me for calling Barkley for what he is. Pathetic is being so punch drunk for a Quarterback that you can't see the forest for the tress. Pathetic is your attempt at trolling me, without ever adding anything of substance to your own posts. 

    You see, what I do is poetic. What you do is pathetic. Quite a difference it makes when you actually know what a word means.

    Barkley will be the #1 pick of the draft OR he'll be the #2 pick in the draft, it all depends on how smart the Browns are going to play this.  

    Actually, yes.  You are PatheticG.   Zombo should change your screen name to that at least until after the draft.

    Its why you are given the Groundhog Day treatment.

    Let me ask you:    Can you do the Whistling Belly Button Trick?

  • @gunz41 said:

    I didn't think you were TRYING to degrade him, but when you point out a negative for him, you have to use the same criteria for Barkley.

    And I know you would take him, but you said 100% if he isn't taken 1 then will be 2. Which that isn't 100%.

    Again, of course all the yards are important, but when you add them it increases his total, where someone else didn't have that opportunity. I am not looking up the exact numbers because they don't really matter, but you had said something like 3300 all purpose yards in career. So let's say he averages 8 yards per play. That is 412 touches. So take out the 19 for 519, that leaves 393 for 2781 which is a full yard less, which is a difference to change.

    And while the 27.3 would be #2, you can't just plug in a number and expect it to continue in pros.

    None of that is to say Barkley won't be a good player, just goes to show that a stat can be used depending on how you want to look at it. Just like you can point out the 2 TD's against Ohio State, someone else can point out the poor ypc, and both are right, just depends how they are interpreted.

    ^that was one of the major points I had tried to make in the response that I ended up losing, how each of us interprets the stats and how they can be seen in different ways depending on the angle you view them from. Great job G! 

    @poeticg said:

    ^that was one of the major points I had tried to make in the response that I ended up losing, how each of us interprets the stats and how they can be seen in different ways depending on the angle you view them from. Great job G! 

    Of course as everyone has seen on here, I dont dislike anyone on here. I can disagree, and I think it is obvious I have disagreed with hype for this young man. I dont think he will be as good as said, but I can be wrong.

    But don't take offense to the PatheticG thing, it's a joke. And the ones who keep using it aren't the ones who came up with it. I certainly don't think you pathetic, I dont know you to know whether you are or aren't. And you have certainly went over the top on your love for 5 players that I have seen, (Haden, Gordon, Richardson, Hogan, and Barkley), but I havr seen lesser versions of people in love with players before the draft. And while they weren't as over the top as you, at least that I remember the only one you have done so with that may not be a Brown is Barkley, others were on your team.

  • I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley. My two biggest concerns are whether or not Saquon can run effectively between the tackles in the NFL, and whether or not he can be an asset in pass protection. He's certainly got the STRENGTH to do both, but I'm not sure I remember him doing much of either in college. Perhaps he wasn't asked to, or perhaps I simply wasn't paying attention, but I don't seem to remember those aspects of his game jumping off the film. This isn't to say the kid can't LEARN these things, and I think it's fair to say that many college RBs don't enter the league adept at pass protection, but it's just something I think about. Finally, I just have a very difficult time believing we're going to go offense-offense with our first two picks of the draft, ya know? Presumably our first pick is a QB, so we hope to not even SEE the kid this year, and then our next pick is going to be a RB even though our GM has been in the league FOREVER and has NEVER taken a RB in the first round of any draft? In fact, he's only taken a RB in the 2nd round once, and that pick was a bust. I honestly think we are comfortable with most of our offensive components, and I don't see us adding a player like Saquon when we have so much work to do on the defensive side of the ball. 

    Teams generally trade up for QBs and pass rushers, we know this, but Saquon is thought by many to be a transcendent talent, and if he's available at 4, will the phones be ringing for a trade? What if the Giants take Saquon at 2? To me, that's the best case scenario. It means I don't have to worry about our team taking Saquon, lol. In all seriousness, I REALLY want the draft to go QB for picks 1-3, as that makes our #4 very valuable. Teams like Buffalo, Denver, and even Arizona are going to be dying to trade up for the "last" available QB. I personally don't want to trade down, but I'm almost positive we're going to, fellas. 

    Buffalo is going to trade up for a QB, I think many of us expect this. In fact, I think they will announce a trade with the New York Giants in the next few days. If this doesn't happen, I'd expect OUR phone to blow up, and that's where it gets interesting (and by interesting I mean terrifying). Buffalo now has picks 12 and 22 in the first round I believe, and this seems like JUST the type of situation our beloved Browns simply CAN'T pass up. "OMG, TWO 1ST ROUNDERS! WE HAVE TO DO IT!" Buffalo wants their QB, as we currently have theirs from last year. They know they have to move up to get him, regardless of signing McCarron. 

    How do you guys feel about drafting at #12? It's JUST out of the range where we can probably get one of MY top tier guys, but I think we need to embrace the idea that we're trading down, and many of our fans should probably get the Saquon dreams out of their minds. It's simply too much draft capital for a GM not to muck with, and there won't be a shortage of teams who want to trade with us. So many years you'll hear fans of certain teams scream, "We should have traded down for more picks and players!" Well, that's all fine and good, but you actually need another team who is WILLING to trade first. In our situation, we're going to have multiple offers, and I don't see how we resist them all. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    1. I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley.
    2. How do you guys feel about drafting at #12? It's JUST out of the range where we can probably get one of MY top tier guys...

    You are not alone. I share many of your concerns plus I do not see anywhere near the added value in his 3-down capability that others do. If it takes two backs to match his production, so be it. And once here, then the gap between Bark and the next tier of RBs shrinks.

    The Bills trade down is my dream scenario. I think we can still land a Ward or a James at #12, but it we want to move back up a couple spots to help insure Ward is ours, we can and still keep the added picks BUF ponied up. Ditto for the #22 which I really want to use to land Vander Esch.

    Who are your top tier guys?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    That came out wrong.  I meant, compared to all the talking heads and analysts.  They ALL seem to love him and call him the best player in the draft.  

    For the record I don't see him as "the best player" in the draft.

  • I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley. My two biggest concerns are whether or not Saquon can run effectively between the tackles in the NFL, and whether or not he can be an asset in pass protection. He's certainly got the STRENGTH to do both, but I'm not sure I remember him doing much of either in college. Perhaps he wasn't asked to, or perhaps I simply wasn't paying attention, but I don't seem to remember those aspects of his game jumping off the film. This isn't to say the kid can't LEARN these things, and I think it's fair to say that many college RBs don't enter the league adept at pass protection, but it's just something I think about. Finally, I just have a very difficult time believing we're going to go offense-offense with our first two picks of the draft, ya know? Presumably our first pick is a QB, so we hope to not even SEE the kid this year, and then our next pick is going to be a RB even though our GM has been in the league FOREVER and has NEVER taken a RB in the first round of any draft? In fact, he's only taken a RB in the 2nd round once, and that pick was a bust. I honestly think we are comfortable with most of our offensive components, and I don't see us adding a player like Saquon when we have so much work to do on the defensive side of the ball. 

    Teams generally trade up for QBs and pass rushers, we know this, but Saquon is thought by many to be a transcendent talent, and if he's available at 4, will the phones be ringing for a trade? What if the Giants take Saquon at 2? To me, that's the best case scenario. It means I don't have to worry about our team taking Saquon, lol. In all seriousness, I REALLY want the draft to go QB for picks 1-3, as that makes our #4 very valuable. Teams like Buffalo, Denver, and even Arizona are going to be dying to trade up for the "last" available QB. I personally don't want to trade down, but I'm almost positive we're going to, fellas. 

    Buffalo is going to trade up for a QB, I think many of us expect this. In fact, I think they will announce a trade with the New York Giants in the next few days. If this doesn't happen, I'd expect OUR phone to blow up, and that's where it gets interesting (and by interesting I mean terrifying). Buffalo now has picks 12 and 22 in the first round I believe, and this seems like JUST the type of situation our beloved Browns simply CAN'T pass up. "OMG, TWO 1ST ROUNDERS! WE HAVE TO DO IT!" Buffalo wants their QB, as we currently have theirs from last year. They know they have to move up to get him, regardless of signing McCarron. 

    How do you guys feel about drafting at #12? It's JUST out of the range where we can probably get one of MY top tier guys, but I think we need to embrace the idea that we're trading down, and many of our fans should probably get the Saquon dreams out of their minds. It's simply too much draft capital for a GM not to muck with, and there won't be a shortage of teams who want to trade with us. So many years you'll hear fans of certain teams scream, "We should have traded down for more picks and players!" Well, that's all fine and good, but you actually need another team who is WILLING to trade first. In our situation, we're going to have multiple offers, and I don't see how we resist them all. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley. Not even close- I'd bet at least 90% of the board doesn't want him at #1, and 50% plus are fine with passing on him at #4 too.  

    Teams generally trade up for QBs and pass rushers, we know this, but Saquon is thought by many to be a transcendent talent, Lately, these "transcendent talents" show up at least ever other year or so. Hype machine in overdrive. MHO? SB isn't even Adrian Peterson good.  

    Buffalo is going to trade up for a QB, I think many of us expect this. And my fervent hope is they trade up to #2. 

    How do you guys feel about drafting at #12? It's JUST out of the range where we can probably get one of MY top tier guys, but I think we need to embrace the idea that we're trading down, and many of our fans should probably get the Saquon dreams out of their minds. It's simply too much draft capital for a GM not to muck with, and there won't be a shortage of teams who want to trade with us. So many years you'll hear fans of certain teams scream, "We should have traded down for more picks and players!" Well, that's all fine and good, but you actually need another team who is WILLING to trade first. In our situation, we're going to have multiple offers, and I don't see how we resist them all. 

    Regarding trading down with Buffalo to #12 and #22? I'm against it. I want a truly elite player (Chubb). We've been severely burned in the past going the trade down route. Should we do a trade down, no farther than the Colts #6, and #5 with the Broncos is even better. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Just another overhyped individual being "sold" by people who want clicks.

    It's certainly possible there's something to that as I would imagine the biggest portion of draft analysts do just what we do here. Look at other draft analysts and put together our predictions and opinions. I don't think anybody starts from scratch in a vacuum.

    Still I don't think it's a huge stretch of the imagination to think that player X or Y or Z might possibly be the best at his position to come around for years.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    It's certainly possible there's something to that as I would imagine the biggest portion of draft analysts do just what we do here. Look at other draft analysts and put together our predictions and opinions. I don't think anybody starts from scratch in a vacuum.

    Still I don't think it's a huge stretch of the imagination to think that player X or Y or Z might possibly be the best at his position to come around for years.

    WSS

    Just MHO Steve. Jeremiah and Mayock probably look at tape. Kiper is turning into more and more of a joke as the years go by....  

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think I'm the only one who doesn't completely love Barkley. Not even close- I'd bet at least 90% of the board doesn't want him at #1, and 50% plus are fine with passing on him at #4 too.  

    Teams generally trade up for QBs and pass rushers, we know this, but Saquon is thought by many to be a transcendent talent, Lately, these "transcendent talents" show up at least ever other year or so. Hype machine in overdrive. MHO? SB isn't even Adrian Peterson good.  

    Buffalo is going to trade up for a QB, I think many of us expect this. And my fervent hope is they trade up to #2. 

    How do you guys feel about drafting at #12? It's JUST out of the range where we can probably get one of MY top tier guys, but I think we need to embrace the idea that we're trading down, and many of our fans should probably get the Saquon dreams out of their minds. It's simply too much draft capital for a GM not to muck with, and there won't be a shortage of teams who want to trade with us. So many years you'll hear fans of certain teams scream, "We should have traded down for more picks and players!" Well, that's all fine and good, but you actually need another team who is WILLING to trade first. In our situation, we're going to have multiple offers, and I don't see how we resist them all. 

    Regarding trading down with Buffalo to #12 and #22? I'm against it. I want a truly elite player (Chubb). We've been severely burned in the past going the trade down route. Should we do a trade down, no farther than the Colts #6, and #5 with the Broncos is even better. 

    @hoorta said:

    Regarding trading down with Buffalo to #12 and #22? I'm against it. I want a truly elite player (Chubb). We've been severely burned in the past going the trade down route. Should we do a trade down, no farther than the Colts #6, and #5 with the Broncos is even better. 

    What about Chubb screams elite to you?

    I ask because I do not see it... not as a 4-3 DE anyway. I see 2 elites in this class and neither is named Chubb.