All Saquon, all the Time...
-
You want crazy? I've been looking at taking QBs at #1 and #4 again...
Taking TWO QBs....at #1 and #4??
Yes...sounds a little crazy. While it would mean the Browns would corner the market....what would be the reasoning behind such a move? (even though I am pretty sure you are not advocating it)
You want crazy? I've been looking at taking QBs at #1 and #4 again...
Taking TWO QBs....at #1 and #4??
Yes...sounds a little crazy. While it would mean the Browns would corner the market....what would be the reasoning behind such a move? (even though I am pretty sure you are not advocating it)
Goal is simply to increase the odds of hitting on our QB, Gip. If odds of hitting on one pick are 50/50, then the odds of hitting on one of two are 75/25.
I admit that I've started thinking about this more as Rosen's name has been mentioned less.
If both hit, a 1 in 4 chance, then we can always trade the one we like less in a couple years and recoup our #1.
If neither hit, also a 1 in 4, then we can all jump in the lake... on top of our new, "football guy".
-
You want crazy? I've been looking at taking QBs at #1 and #4 again...
Taking TWO QBs....at #1 and #4??
Yes...sounds a little crazy. While it would mean the Browns would corner the market....what would be the reasoning behind such a move? (even though I am pretty sure you are not advocating it)
Goal is simply to increase the odds of hitting on our QB, Gip. If odds of hitting on one pick are 50/50, then the odds of hitting on one of two are 75/25.
I admit that I've started thinking about this more as Rosen's name has been mentioned less.
If both hit, a 1 in 4 chance, then we can always trade the one we like less in a couple years and recoup our #1.
If neither hit, also a 1 in 4, then we can all jump in the lake... on top of our new, "football guy".
Goal is simply to increase the odds of hitting on our QB, Gip. If odds of hitting on one pick are 50/50, then the odds of hitting on one of two are 75/25.
I admit that I've started thinking about this more as Rosen's name has been mentioned less.
If both hit, a 1 in 4 chance, then we can always trade the one we like less in a couple years and recoup our #1.
If neither hit, also a 1 in 4, then we can all jump in the lake... on top of our new, "football guy".
Just to be the devil's advocate if they both hit only one of them will be the starting quarterback. So the odds of getting a number one pick from the second choice are somewhat slimmer.
WSS
-
You want crazy? I've been looking at taking QBs at #1 and #4 again...
Taking TWO QBs....at #1 and #4??
Yes...sounds a little crazy. While it would mean the Browns would corner the market....what would be the reasoning behind such a move? (even though I am pretty sure you are not advocating it)
Goal is simply to increase the odds of hitting on our QB, Gip. If odds of hitting on one pick are 50/50, then the odds of hitting on one of two are 75/25.
I admit that I've started thinking about this more as Rosen's name has been mentioned less.
If both hit, a 1 in 4 chance, then we can always trade the one we like less in a couple years and recoup our #1.
If neither hit, also a 1 in 4, then we can all jump in the lake... on top of our new, "football guy".
Goal is simply to increase the odds of hitting on our QB, Gip. If odds of hitting on one pick are 50/50, then the odds of hitting on one of two are 75/25.
I admit that I've started thinking about this more as Rosen's name has been mentioned less.
If both hit, a 1 in 4 chance, then we can always trade the one we like less in a couple years and recoup our #1.
If neither hit, also a 1 in 4, then we can all jump in the lake... on top of our new, "football guy".
What kind of a brouhaha do you think the national media would make of the Browns taking a QB at both 1 and 2? Or local media for that matter.

-
Goal is simply to increase the odds of hitting on our QB, Gip. If odds of hitting on one pick are 50/50, then the odds of hitting on one of two are 75/25.
I admit that I've started thinking about this more as Rosen's name has been mentioned less.
If both hit, a 1 in 4 chance, then we can always trade the one we like less in a couple years and recoup our #1.
If neither hit, also a 1 in 4, then we can all jump in the lake... on top of our new, "football guy".
Just to be the devil's advocate if they both hit only one of them will be the starting quarterback. So the odds of getting a number one pick from the second choice are somewhat slimmer.
WSS
Just to be the devil's advocate if they both hit only one of them will be the starting quarterback. So the odds of getting a number one pick from the second choice are somewhat slimmer.
Ummmm, no... if they both hit, they both hit. Nothing in probability, in the odds, says the hits are equal... nothing in probability says the first choice turns out to be the best choice.
-
Just to be the devil's advocate if they both hit only one of them will be the starting quarterback. So the odds of getting a number one pick from the second choice are somewhat slimmer.
Ummmm, no... if they both hit, they both hit. Nothing in probability, in the odds, says the hits are equal... nothing in probability says the first choice turns out to be the best choice.
Ummmm, no... if they both hit, they both hit. Nothing in probability, in the odds, says the hits are equal... nothing in probability says the first choice turns out to be the best choice.
Oh well. Somebody has to start and somebody has to sit.
So the best you can hope for is your trading partner believes that they are both great. Call San Francisco. Oops somebody already did.
WSS
-
Ummmm, no... if they both hit, they both hit. Nothing in probability, in the odds, says the hits are equal... nothing in probability says the first choice turns out to be the best choice.
Oh well. Somebody has to start and somebody has to sit.
So the best you can hope for is your trading partner believes that they are both great. Call San Francisco. Oops somebody already did.
WSS
Oh well. Somebody has to start and somebody has to sit.
So the best you can hope for is your trading partner believes that they are both great.
And if in four years you decide to release one of them because there is no trade market for him, no one will care if the one you keep is leading us into the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.
-
Unfortunately, the main reason we will probably execute this trade is the retirement of Joe Thomas.
First, congrats on coming around...

It's just a bad class to go OT hunting. Williams, IMO the best prospect, is at best a top 20 pick. There are probably 6 Senior prospects in next year's draft that are as good as or better than Williams. FYI, their #6 prospect as of now... Isaiah Prince, THE Ohio State University. And then there's underclassmen possibilities to consider... including BAMA's Jonah Williams and Wisconsin's Dave Edwards.
Never say never, but unless the moon and stars align on Day 2, I'm not picking an OT this draft... I'll ride with Shon.
Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I think we're going to make the Buffalo trade for 12 and 22, and that's not all. We very well might move BACK into the first round to take a FOURTH selection. Sound crazy? It's not.
Agree... it's not crazy. Just did so in a recent FirstPick.
- Round 1 Pick 1: Rosen, Josh, QB, UCLA (A)
- Round 1 Pick 12 (BUF): Ward, Denzel, CB, Ohio State (A)
- Round 1 Pick 18 (SEA): James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State (A)
- Round 1 Pick 20 (DET): Vander Esch, Leighton, OLB/ILB, Boise State
You want crazy? I've been looking at taking QBs at #1 and #4 again...
It's just a bad class to go OT hunting. Williams, IMO the best prospect, is at best a top 20 pick. There are probably 6 Senior prospects in next year's draft that are as good as or better than Williams. FYI, their #6 prospect as of now... Isaiah Prince, THE Ohio State University. And then there's underclassmen possibilities to consider... including BAMA's Jonah Williams and Wisconsin's Dave Edwards.
Tour, what are your thoughts on Martinas Rankin? I wouldn't be upset if the Browns took him in the 3rd.
-
It's just a bad class to go OT hunting. Williams, IMO the best prospect, is at best a top 20 pick. There are probably 6 Senior prospects in next year's draft that are as good as or better than Williams. FYI, their #6 prospect as of now... Isaiah Prince, THE Ohio State University. And then there's underclassmen possibilities to consider... including BAMA's Jonah Williams and Wisconsin's Dave Edwards.
Tour, what are your thoughts on Martinas Rankin? I wouldn't be upset if the Browns took him in the 3rd.
Tour, what are your thoughts on Martinas Rankin? I wouldn't be upset if the Browns took him in the 3rd.
I don't see him lasting quite that long...
I've followed Martinas since he caught my eye in a 2016 MSU game. He was raw, but had really good feet. Tad shy in height, but has wingspan of a taller OT so he works there and can slide inside either later in career of if his team lands someone who bests him
Only prospect that may be more ready to step in is tu's Williams... and neither is a sure thing to do. I'm still optimistic about Shon moving to LT.
-
Message to Po, keep repeating this mantra until it sinks into your one track Barkley Brain. BTW, Hue let it slip the Browns think there's 4 QBs in this draft that fill the bill. Just because you don't think so isn't going to make this inconvenient fact go away. Per Brian Billick:
"There is no player, now or ever, in the National Football League, no matter what his ranking coming out of the draft that trumps if you need a quarterback, taking a quarterback if you think he is a franchise quarterback...Are they a franchise quarterback? If they are, you take them before you take [Penn State running back Saquon] Barkley or [NC State defensive end Bradley] Chubb or [Alabama defensive back Minkah] Fitzpatrick or any of those guys."
-
Brian Billick is a bitch. They're all going to hate the Browns because we don't care about their presumptions or assumptions, we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB. We will get one of them. And taking Barkley first ensures that they will have an excellent ground game to lean on when it's time for them to play.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN): Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (B)
Round 2 Pick 32: Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (DEN): Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14: Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 PickYou do this and you've set the Browns up nice for years to come.
I whole heartedly believe this is the right approach.
QB- Taylor/Hogan/Stanton/Mayfield
RB- Barkley/Hyde/Penny/Duke/Flowers
WR- Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Louis/Wims/Higgins
OL- Adding Billy Price and Orlando Brown will help the depth and development of our line.
DL- Kentavius Street is a big nasty man. He'll help fill the hole that Shelton left, although I do believe in Ogunjobi.
CB- Oliver could turn out to be one of the steals of the draft if he lasts until the end of the second. Big CB with some real nice skills.
FS- I really like Allen, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a solid addition. With Randall, Allen, Peppers and Kindred I think the safety spots are locked down for some time.
You can all piss and moan that I didn't take the QB first but what does it matter if it works out in the end. I could have picked Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at 4. Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft.
You can say I've drafted too many RBs.... Duke is on his last year. He's expendable with Barkley and Penny on the roster- Hell, Hyde can go too. We'll be set at RB for the next 5-7 years, these guys- Barkley and Penny are only going to continue to get better and better as they develop in the NFL with a full time regimen.
There were a couple of picks that I also had some other guys I would have like to get but you can't get everybody. I think as far as talent that will actually translate and payoff at the next level- the above draft is 10/10.
-
I got a $100 that says the Browns don't take Barkley at #1 overall.
-
Brian Billick is a bitch. They're all going to hate the Browns because we don't care about their presumptions or assumptions, we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB. We will get one of them. And taking Barkley first ensures that they will have an excellent ground game to lean on when it's time for them to play.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN): Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (B)
Round 2 Pick 32: Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (DEN): Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14: Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 PickYou do this and you've set the Browns up nice for years to come.
I whole heartedly believe this is the right approach.
QB- Taylor/Hogan/Stanton/Mayfield
RB- Barkley/Hyde/Penny/Duke/Flowers
WR- Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Louis/Wims/Higgins
OL- Adding Billy Price and Orlando Brown will help the depth and development of our line.
DL- Kentavius Street is a big nasty man. He'll help fill the hole that Shelton left, although I do believe in Ogunjobi.
CB- Oliver could turn out to be one of the steals of the draft if he lasts until the end of the second. Big CB with some real nice skills.
FS- I really like Allen, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a solid addition. With Randall, Allen, Peppers and Kindred I think the safety spots are locked down for some time.
You can all piss and moan that I didn't take the QB first but what does it matter if it works out in the end. I could have picked Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at 4. Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft.
You can say I've drafted too many RBs.... Duke is on his last year. He's expendable with Barkley and Penny on the roster- Hell, Hyde can go too. We'll be set at RB for the next 5-7 years, these guys- Barkley and Penny are only going to continue to get better and better as they develop in the NFL with a full time regimen.
There were a couple of picks that I also had some other guys I would have like to get but you can't get everybody. I think as far as talent that will actually translate and payoff at the next level- the above draft is 10/10.
Brian Billick is a bitch. They're all going to hate the Browns because we don't care about their presumptions or assumptions, we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB. We will get one of them. And taking Barkley first ensures that they will have an excellent ground game to lean on when it's time for them to play.
Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft.
So you don't like Billick- who knows around 100X more football than you do? Pound Salt Po. Keep playing that computer game- it means exactly nothing to Dorsey and Wolf, and even Hueless the Clueless. Jackson has for all intents and purposes conceded the Browns are taking a QB at #1.
The rest of us are Browns fans here Po- not Saquon or Hogan fans. So when Hogan gets cut, or we don't draft Saquon- go spew your love for those guys on their respective team's boards- and leave us in peace.
PS: No one has bought more into the Barkley hype machine than you have. Any other Browns forum I've visited doesn't have 25% of the conversation about Saquon. It's getting damn tiresome seeing the same stuff regurgitated ad nauseum. Everyone else here has long since made up their mind (thanks to you) and in a few weeks, the only guys who matter (Dorsey & Company) will have made up theirs. You're wasting your time spewing more Barkley love.
-
Brian Billick is a bitch. They're all going to hate the Browns because we don't care about their presumptions or assumptions, we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB. We will get one of them. And taking Barkley first ensures that they will have an excellent ground game to lean on when it's time for them to play.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN): Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (B)
Round 2 Pick 32: Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (DEN): Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14: Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 PickYou do this and you've set the Browns up nice for years to come.
I whole heartedly believe this is the right approach.
QB- Taylor/Hogan/Stanton/Mayfield
RB- Barkley/Hyde/Penny/Duke/Flowers
WR- Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Louis/Wims/Higgins
OL- Adding Billy Price and Orlando Brown will help the depth and development of our line.
DL- Kentavius Street is a big nasty man. He'll help fill the hole that Shelton left, although I do believe in Ogunjobi.
CB- Oliver could turn out to be one of the steals of the draft if he lasts until the end of the second. Big CB with some real nice skills.
FS- I really like Allen, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a solid addition. With Randall, Allen, Peppers and Kindred I think the safety spots are locked down for some time.
You can all piss and moan that I didn't take the QB first but what does it matter if it works out in the end. I could have picked Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at 4. Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft.
You can say I've drafted too many RBs.... Duke is on his last year. He's expendable with Barkley and Penny on the roster- Hell, Hyde can go too. We'll be set at RB for the next 5-7 years, these guys- Barkley and Penny are only going to continue to get better and better as they develop in the NFL with a full time regimen.
There were a couple of picks that I also had some other guys I would have like to get but you can't get everybody. I think as far as talent that will actually translate and payoff at the next level- the above draft is 10/10.
-
Po is that you talking to Mary Kay?
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/04/why_not_saquon_barkley_and_bra.html
I know it should have been on the draft thread I just wanted to say hi to PO
WSS
-
Brian Billick is a bitch. They're all going to hate the Browns because we don't care about their presumptions or assumptions, we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB. We will get one of them. And taking Barkley first ensures that they will have an excellent ground game to lean on when it's time for them to play.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN): Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (B)
Round 2 Pick 32: Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (DEN): Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14: Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 PickYou do this and you've set the Browns up nice for years to come.
I whole heartedly believe this is the right approach.
QB- Taylor/Hogan/Stanton/Mayfield
RB- Barkley/Hyde/Penny/Duke/Flowers
WR- Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Louis/Wims/Higgins
OL- Adding Billy Price and Orlando Brown will help the depth and development of our line.
DL- Kentavius Street is a big nasty man. He'll help fill the hole that Shelton left, although I do believe in Ogunjobi.
CB- Oliver could turn out to be one of the steals of the draft if he lasts until the end of the second. Big CB with some real nice skills.
FS- I really like Allen, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a solid addition. With Randall, Allen, Peppers and Kindred I think the safety spots are locked down for some time.
You can all piss and moan that I didn't take the QB first but what does it matter if it works out in the end. I could have picked Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at 4. Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft.
You can say I've drafted too many RBs.... Duke is on his last year. He's expendable with Barkley and Penny on the roster- Hell, Hyde can go too. We'll be set at RB for the next 5-7 years, these guys- Barkley and Penny are only going to continue to get better and better as they develop in the NFL with a full time regimen.
There were a couple of picks that I also had some other guys I would have like to get but you can't get everybody. I think as far as talent that will actually translate and payoff at the next level- the above draft is 10/10.
Brian Billick is a bitch. They're all going to hate the Browns because we don't care about their presumptions or assumptions, we're taking the best player because there are 4 QBs that fit the bill of being a franchise QB. We will get one of them. And taking Barkley first ensures that they will have an excellent ground game to lean on when it's time for them to play.
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN): Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (B)
Round 2 Pick 32: Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (A+)
Round 3 Pick 7 (DEN): Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14: Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 13: Street, Kentavius, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)
Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 PickYou do this and you've set the Browns up nice for years to come.
I whole heartedly believe this is the right approach.
QB- Taylor/Hogan/Stanton/Mayfield
RB- Barkley/Hyde/Penny/Duke/Flowers
WR- Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Louis/Wims/Higgins
OL- Adding Billy Price and Orlando Brown will help the depth and development of our line.
DL- Kentavius Street is a big nasty man. He'll help fill the hole that Shelton left, although I do believe in Ogunjobi.
CB- Oliver could turn out to be one of the steals of the draft if he lasts until the end of the second. Big CB with some real nice skills.
FS- I really like Allen, I think he's a guy that will prove to be a solid addition. With Randall, Allen, Peppers and Kindred I think the safety spots are locked down for some time.
You can all piss and moan that I didn't take the QB first but what does it matter if it works out in the end. I could have picked Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at 4. Quit buying at the QB hypermarket and actually think for yourselves. Nobody is going to convince me that this is a bad draft.
You can say I've drafted too many RBs.... Duke is on his last year. He's expendable with Barkley and Penny on the roster- Hell, Hyde can go too. We'll be set at RB for the next 5-7 years, these guys- Barkley and Penny are only going to continue to get better and better as they develop in the NFL with a full time regimen.
There were a couple of picks that I also had some other guys I would have like to get but you can't get everybody. I think as far as talent that will actually translate and payoff at the next level- the above draft is 10/10.
We all get your Saquon love. I am not going to knock you for it anymore, but your logic here is terrible with your depth chart.
You said if you draft the QB #1 that he has to impact immediately or it's a TERRIBLE and wasted pick. So then you take QB #4, which should still be an impact guy as a high 1st rounder, and you put him FOURTH on depth chart.
To me, whether they draft a QB at 1 or 4 they shouldn't play. Let them develop. Doesn't mean they aren't the right pick.
There is no difference value wise for the team at 1 or 4. And the ONLY reason Barkley at 1 OR 4 is a possibility is because of the trade last year that everyone whined and complained about.
While 100x over the top, I dont have a problem with your love. I have a problem with the severe OVERHYPE and outlandish comments like #1 Has to play day 1 or not worth it but #4 can sit
-
QB and Chubb. Just teasing PO I see. LOL!

-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

