Darnold at #1?
-
In a scripted Pro Day with familiar receivers there should be few misses... and I'm not talking about the ball hitting the ground. Even before the rain I often saw WRs having to adjust their speed or angle... that's a "miss". I might be being overly critical here tho as I heard nothing about how much wind there was... which any QB will tell you is a much bigger factor than rain.
How quiet a QB's feet are varies... for some, even some good ones, bouncing helps their rhythm and movement, but hopping when you land at the end of a drop or hopping to reset when you go from a middle primary to a swingpass checkdown? Bad juju there.... FIxable? Maybe, but given the near absence of him taking snaps under center, it would seem to me that he's just learned how to do it wrong... and that's troubling.
Go check on who he threw to at the pro day.
He only had one reciever available. Stephen Mitchell jr. Who is projected as a late round/fa pickup at best. His #1 target Deontay Barnett tore his hamstrings and did not catch. He had a former SC basketball player trying out, 70% Ronald Jones, who couldn't run full speed, Travis Wilson who used to be the QB for Utah and walk-on players graduating. He did not have his main guy to throw to at the pro day. I am surprised not many people talked about the fact that he only had one true receiver that day.
Go check on who he threw to at the pro day.
He only had one reciever available. Stephen Mitchell jr. Who is projected as a late round/fa pickup at best. His #1 target Deontay Barnett tore his hamstrings and did not catch. He had a former SC basketball player trying out, 70% Ronald Jones, who couldn't run full speed, Travis Wilson who used to be the QB for Utah and walk-on players graduating. He did not have his main guy to throw to at the pro day. I am surprised not many people talked about the fact that he only had one true receiver that day.
Really wish he'd thrown at the combine to show how he looked side by side with all the others. To see how he looked with different WR who may or may not run great routes would've been nice.
-
I'm right there with you on this except for the order... Barkley 1 - QB 4.
Once you've taken Barkley off the board the Giants will be more willing to trade back to 4, knowing they can still get a good QB to back up Eli there or add the G Nelson at less a premium at #4. But, in order for NY to switch with the Browns we'll have to take Barkley out of the equation.
The giants aren’t drafting Barkley. Taking a RB that high is stupid, but passing up a draft package like the one the Jets offered (assuming they tried to move up to 2) to draft a RB is pure 100%, uncut Retardation.
The giants aren’t drafting Barkley. Taking a RB that high is stupid, but passing up a draft package like the one the Jets offered (assuming they tried to move up to 2) to draft a RB is pure 100%, uncut Retardation.
Unless they believe that they have a QB of the future in Davis Webb, and that Eli could play for 3 or so more years, and that with Eli and OBJ back and a better o line, they're just a RB away from a really good offense and a contending team.
I could see it happening.
-
What's the point of Darnold staying in school another year to "improve", he will receive more detailed and persistent coaching at the NFL level
-
What's the point of Darnold staying in school another year to "improve", he will receive more detailed and persistent coaching at the NFL level
What's the point of Darnold staying in school another year to "improve", he will receive more detailed and persistent coaching at the NFL level
Without running the risk of a career-ending injury.
WSS
-
In a scripted Pro Day with familiar receivers there should be few misses... and I'm not talking about the ball hitting the ground. Even before the rain I often saw WRs having to adjust their speed or angle... that's a "miss". I might be being overly critical here tho as I heard nothing about how much wind there was... which any QB will tell you is a much bigger factor than rain.
How quiet a QB's feet are varies... for some, even some good ones, bouncing helps their rhythm and movement, but hopping when you land at the end of a drop or hopping to reset when you go from a middle primary to a swingpass checkdown? Bad juju there.... FIxable? Maybe, but given the near absence of him taking snaps under center, it would seem to me that he's just learned how to do it wrong... and that's troubling.
Go check on who he threw to at the pro day.
He only had one reciever available. Stephen Mitchell jr. Who is projected as a late round/fa pickup at best. His #1 target Deontay Barnett tore his hamstrings and did not catch. He had a former SC basketball player trying out, 70% Ronald Jones, who couldn't run full speed, Travis Wilson who used to be the QB for Utah and walk-on players graduating. He did not have his main guy to throw to at the pro day. I am surprised not many people talked about the fact that he only had one true receiver that day.
Go check on who he threw to at the pro day.
He only had one reciever available. Stephen Mitchell jr. Who is projected as a late round/fa pickup at best. His #1 target Deontay Barnett tore his hamstrings and did not catch. He had a former SC basketball player trying out, 70% Ronald Jones, who couldn't run full speed, Travis Wilson who used to be the QB for Utah and walk-on players graduating. He did not have his main guy to throw to at the pro day. I am surprised not many people talked about the fact that he only had one true receiver that day.
So USC had only one good WR in 2018? Where are all the guys who love them some Darnold?
Really wish he'd thrown at the combine to show how he looked side by side with all the others. To see how he looked with different WR who may or may not run great routes would've been nice.
Everything I saw yesterday says that was a comparison Sam wanted no part of...
-
I think everyone is crazy who thinks Darnold should go #1. There's no way to satisfactorily explain his turnovers and why they'd somehow get better. He throws into double and triple coverage ALL OF THE TIME. He's a "playmaker" at heart, which means he holds onto the ball too long, doesn't check down fast enough, and will take too many hits. The easy pick would be Rosen, but he has injury concerns, which removes him from the equation (shoulder + concussions = no, no, no, no). That leaves Baker Mayfield. He's perfect for us, and I'll never forgive our team for screwing this up if they take somebody else.
If we take Josh Allen I'm officially done.
-
Rosen's injuries are blown way out of proportion.
-
Go check on who he threw to at the pro day.
He only had one reciever available. Stephen Mitchell jr. Who is projected as a late round/fa pickup at best. His #1 target Deontay Barnett tore his hamstrings and did not catch. He had a former SC basketball player trying out, 70% Ronald Jones, who couldn't run full speed, Travis Wilson who used to be the QB for Utah and walk-on players graduating. He did not have his main guy to throw to at the pro day. I am surprised not many people talked about the fact that he only had one true receiver that day.
So USC had only one good WR in 2018? Where are all the guys who love them some Darnold?
Really wish he'd thrown at the combine to show how he looked side by side with all the others. To see how he looked with different WR who may or may not run great routes would've been nice.
Everything I saw yesterday says that was a comparison Sam wanted no part of...
-
D'arnold isn't near as good as Rosen or even Mayfield. I'm not sold on this one bit. But if we pick him, i'll for damn sure pull for him. He might be a better Prospect but that doesn't always translate to being a better NFL QB. See Blake Bortles.
-
Rosen's injuries are blown way out of proportion.
Rosen's injuries are blown way out of proportion.
I read the article. You just can't poo-poo concussions like that guy did. They leave you more prone to the next one. He's not going to get hit in the NFL? Dream on. The other injuries you can write off. With Rosen's background- you can almost bet he suffers a few more concussions in the NFL- he'll prematurely call it a career before his brain gets permanently scrambled.
-
D'arnold isn't near as good as Rosen or even Mayfield. I'm not sold on this one bit. But if we pick him, i'll for damn sure pull for him. He might be a better Prospect but that doesn't always translate to being a better NFL QB. See Blake Bortles.
D'arnold isn't near as good as Rosen or even Mayfield. I'm not sold on this one bit. But if we pick him, i'll for damn sure pull for him. He might be a better Prospect but that doesn't always translate to being a better NFL QB. See Blake Bortles.
I'll trust Dorsey & Company to make the call on the qb. As Josh Allen said after his pro day- their jobs depend on making the right choice. Does not apply to us fans.
-
Rosen's injuries are blown way out of proportion.
I read the article. You just can't poo-poo concussions like that guy did. They leave you more prone to the next one. He's not going to get hit in the NFL? Dream on. The other injuries you can write off. With Rosen's background- you can almost bet he suffers a few more concussions in the NFL- he'll prematurely call it a career before his brain gets permanently scrambled.
I read the article. You just can't poo-poo concussions like that guy did. They leave you more prone to the next one. He's not going to get hit in the NFL? Dream on. The other injuries you can write off. With Rosen's background- you can almost bet he suffers a few more concussions in the NFL- he'll prematurely call it a career before his brain gets permanently scrambled.
I'm sure his medicals will tell teams what they need to know.
Damn shame they didn't have any type of line or running game.
-
Rosen's injuries are blown way out of proportion.
I read the article. You just can't poo-poo concussions like that guy did. They leave you more prone to the next one. He's not going to get hit in the NFL? Dream on. The other injuries you can write off. With Rosen's background- you can almost bet he suffers a few more concussions in the NFL- he'll prematurely call it a career before his brain gets permanently scrambled.
- I read the article. You just can't poo-poo concussions like that guy did. They leave you more prone to the next one.
- He's not going to get hit in the NFL? Dream on. The other injuries you can write off.
- With Rosen's background- you can almost bet he suffers a few more concussions in the NFL- he'll prematurely call it a career before his brain gets permanently scrambled.
- References?
- The point of the article is that hits can cause concussions. So what in you view makes Rosen more likely to be hit as a Pro?
- So basically you want a kid who is willing to go punchdrunk? It may happen, but to use this as a criteria??? Football is a sport of collisions. If you are in enough collisions, then sooner or later you will be concussed.
I've had 4... earned everyone of them except the one that knocked me out cold. That one I was sitting stopped at a traffic light when a drunk doing 55 tried to put the rear bumper of my '76 Chevy Monza into my rear seat.
-
- I read the article. You just can't poo-poo concussions like that guy did. They leave you more prone to the next one.
- He's not going to get hit in the NFL? Dream on. The other injuries you can write off.
- With Rosen's background- you can almost bet he suffers a few more concussions in the NFL- he'll prematurely call it a career before his brain gets permanently scrambled.
- References?
- The point of the article is that hits can cause concussions. So what in you view makes Rosen more likely to be hit as a Pro?
- So basically you want a kid who is willing to go punchdrunk? It may happen, but to use this as a criteria??? Football is a sport of collisions. If you are in enough collisions, then sooner or later you will be concussed.
I've had 4... earned everyone of them except the one that knocked me out cold. That one I was sitting stopped at a traffic light when a drunk doing 55 tried to put the rear bumper of my '76 Chevy Monza into my rear seat.
- References?
- The point of the article is that hits can cause concussions. So what in you view makes Rosen more likely to be hit as a Pro?
- So basically you want a kid who is willing to go punchdrunk? It may happen, but to use this as a criteria??? Football is a sport of collisions. If you are in enough collisions, then sooner or later you will be concussed.
I've had 4... earned everyone of them except the one that knocked me out cold. That one I was sitting stopped at a traffic light when a drunk doing 55 tried to put the rear bumper of my '76 Chevy Monza into my rear seat.
1) I was referring to the link where the guy was minimizing Rosen's injury history. You know darn well highly likely each concussion will take a longer recovery time. I'm not about to Google around 10 medical articles I know are out there to prove my point
2) Rosen WILL get hit multiple times as a pro. The season is longer, and the defensive guys are generally bigger and faster. You know the equation. force = mass X acceleration.
Worries me, and a bunch of others. Fair enough?
3) Exact opposite, if I get your drift- he'll retire rather than risk permanent brain injury. There have been several lesser guys who have called it a career after a couple concussions. It's not just head injuries- blown out knees, Achilles tears, fractured ribs, lisfrank feet, about any high impact injury you care to name. How much damage to your body you willing to put up with? Will Rosen be willing to deal with that? According to the interview snippet I saw it seems he's willing. We'll see.
-
D'arnold isn't near as good as Rosen or even Mayfield. I'm not sold on this one bit. But if we pick him, i'll for damn sure pull for him. He might be a better Prospect but that doesn't always translate to being a better NFL QB. See Blake Bortles.
I'll trust Dorsey & Company to make the call on the qb. As Josh Allen said after his pro day- their jobs depend on making the right choice. Does not apply to us fans.
-
- I read the article. You just can't poo-poo concussions like that guy did. They leave you more prone to the next one.
- He's not going to get hit in the NFL? Dream on. The other injuries you can write off.
- With Rosen's background- you can almost bet he suffers a few more concussions in the NFL- he'll prematurely call it a career before his brain gets permanently scrambled.
- References?
- The point of the article is that hits can cause concussions. So what in you view makes Rosen more likely to be hit as a Pro?
- So basically you want a kid who is willing to go punchdrunk? It may happen, but to use this as a criteria??? Football is a sport of collisions. If you are in enough collisions, then sooner or later you will be concussed.
I've had 4... earned everyone of them except the one that knocked me out cold. That one I was sitting stopped at a traffic light when a drunk doing 55 tried to put the rear bumper of my '76 Chevy Monza into my rear seat.
I've had 4... earned everyone of them except the one that knocked me out cold. That one I was sitting stopped at a traffic light when a drunk doing 55 tried to put the rear bumper of my '76 Chevy Monza into my rear seat.
Did you have head rests on that thing? A friend of mine was killed that very same way because his car didn't have head rests and it broke his neck. You are lucky to be here.
-
I have two issues with Sam Darnold, and they may be small in the grand scheme
1. His game agaist OSU was ....bad
2. he looks like Wreck it Ralph

I have two issues with Sam Darnold, and they may be small in the grand scheme
1. His game agaist OSU was ....bad
2. he looks like Wreck it Ralph

Yeah, Sam does sort of have a goofy look, but I won't hold that against him. Some guys are even fretting over that slightly reddish hair.
Regarding the OSU game, I like to bring up the playoff game long ago where Lawrence Taylor and his pals made Joe Montana look like Joe Blow.
It was one game, and I can't remember the stats how many times Sam got hit or hurried, it was a crazy high number.
-
I have two issues with Sam Darnold, and they may be small in the grand scheme
1. His game agaist OSU was ....bad
2. he looks like Wreck it Ralph

Yeah, Sam does sort of have a goofy look, but I won't hold that against him. Some guys are even fretting over that slightly reddish hair.
Regarding the OSU game, I like to bring up the playoff game long ago where Lawrence Taylor and his pals made Joe Montana look like Joe Blow.
It was one game, and I can't remember the stats how many times Sam got hit or hurried, it was a crazy high number.
Yeah, Sam does sort of have a goofy look, but I won't hold that against him. Some guys are even fretting over that slightly reddish hair.
Regarding the OSU game, I like to bring up the playoff game long ago where Lawrence Taylor and his pals made Joe Montana look like Joe Blow.
It was one game, and I can't remember the stats how many times Sam got hit or hurried, it was a crazy high number.
1. Gingers have no souls, which might be a positive for a QB.
2. I'm not sure there is a QB alive who would have looked good against Ohio State in that game.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login