reddit Prospect Tracker
-
I think he'll still go late first because teams are looking for interior pressure. I agree though, that pairing him with our DL now is intriguing. He'd be a luxury pick though.
Not seeing the luxury unless we go Chubb at #4. IMO a gap-shootin', 3-tech DT is just what the Dr. ordered for our pass rush.
-
At this point I'll take any kind of QB pressure from where ever I can find it. Interior? Great? Edge? Works for me. We just need to affect the QB more than we have without having to send additional rushers.
-
I did not realize that Hurst was the #3 player on PFF's Top 100 draft board... https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pff-draft-board-top-100-players-for-the-2018-nfl-draft
3. Maurice Hurst, Michigan – interior defender
The prototypical 3-technique defensive tackle, Hurst offers a pass-rushing toolbox that no other interior player in this class can come close to matching. His four-year career of grades is unlike anything we’ve ever seen at the defensive tackle position, proving his durability and sustainability at the position. – Mike Renner (@PFF_Mike)
-
PFF loves Mo
-
And speak of the devil... Maurice is coming for a visit.
Michigan defensive tackle Maurice Hurst (6-foot-2, 282) and Central Arkansas cornerback Tremon Smith (6-foot, 190) will take a pre-draft visit to the Cleveland Browns according to Sirius XM Radio and The Houston Chronicle.
-
Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?
-
Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?
Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?
Not necessarily - before the heart I said late 1st. 20-25ish. Not unrealistic to expect him available at 33 or 35
-
Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?
Not necessarily - before the heart I said late 1st. 20-25ish. Not unrealistic to expect him available at 33 or 35
-
Would you be interested in him there tia?
Depends on how the first round goes.
edit: Most likely a big yes.
-
Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?
Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?
I would consider him at #4...
-
It really all depends on how much stock they put in his heart getting flagged at the combine. Before that point, most people had him in the first, some even high first. I don't think I'd bank on him being around in the 2nd
-
Safe to say Hurst isn't worth the 4th overall pick, but won't be around for #33?
I would consider him at #4...
-
No, we've been over this. He had an irregular EKG or something that easily flagged at the combine. It then came out this was found out Michigan too, but he was cleared to play. NFL doctors have cleared him to play as well. While some GMs may be scared away, all indications say he's fine.
PFF likes him a lot too.
What do you mean NO?
The answer is YES: A. Yes...he apparently did have a heart issue....even if it is supposedly "cleared" and YES....it could very well affect where he would get picked.
He was rated a possible Top Ten pick. With this info....he may still be a Top Ten pick....Top Ten in the second or third round.
What do you mean NO?
The answer is YES: A. Yes...he apparently did have a heart issue....even if it is supposedly "cleared" and YES....it could very well affect where he would get picked.
He was rated a possible Top Ten pick. With this info....he may still be a Top Ten pick....Top Ten in the second or third round.
Not all irregular EKGs are significant Gip.
Just when I wondered how many acronyms could an american use in a single post...

I hope you got the EKG (electro cardio gram) part. DRG- Diagnosis related group. (broken arm). PPO preferred provider organization. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Essentially USA privacy rights- you have to have a need to know before they release medical information. I couldn't even reorder my wife's prescriptions without her signing a form authorizing me to do so. Hehe- back in the good old 70s we had a celebrity patient in our hospital- George Carlin was in a car accident, and I mean everyone knew about it, what room he was in & what was wrong with him. Now, you can get fired for spreading that information.
-
-
But now people are chasing for Donald 2.0
Like me some Mo, but he ain't Donald nor Don 2.0. I'm not going top 5 for Donald Lite either.
-
But now people are chasing for Donald 2.0
Like me some Mo, but he ain't Donald nor Don 2.0. I'm not going top 5 for Donald Lite either.
-
7 spots higher than where Aaron Donald was taken? Ehhhh.......
How is that relevant? Every draft is different. I'm pretty sure Donald would go at #4 in this draft... not that Hurst is Donald.
I'm fully on record as not seeing elite, non-QB talent at #4 and wanting to trade down. But if I am stuck at #4, a medically cleared Hurst is in my mix. Do I end up taking him there? Dunno... it may come down to the drop off I see to my other candidates at varying stages in the draft, and DT is one of the deeper positions.
-
I'd be fine with trading down at 4 too
-
Mo Hurst is certainly in the mix.. https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/4/1/17185674/with-the-4th-pick-in-the-2018-nfl-draft Most Bills fan forums think it will take 2 more trades to get a top 4 QB..I'd suggest the Bills get to Colts first.(sure it takes two) I'd let Bills screw Elway #5 from screwing the pooch again at QB, sliding back from #4 to #6 with Bills.most Bills fans like Allen in whether of Buffalo possiblly saving Elway(again) But Am not a big fan, of passing up this kind of falling talent (Ward/Chubb included) due to QB madness. I'd drink a 6 pack sweating it out to pick #12
. #DorseyDungeonofmisery..
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

