Tour's 2018 All Sleeper Team: Offense
-
More than just his physical mechanics, I like Kurt because he has flashed high level traits as well between the ears. More so than some of the other 'Top' QB names in this draft. I maintain that had he beat Miami or at minimum went to a more renowned P5 school then he would be talked about as a potential 1st round pick.
If we opt for Mayfield I believe we should look at Kurt mid round. I think he would win a head to head QB battle as a rookie over any of those guys not name Rosen.
-
Very interesting & appreciated Tour.
Mike
-
Here's the metrics key: Position Rank - Name - Round - Ht. - Wt. - 40 time - 20 - 10 - Bench - Vert - Broad - 20 yd Shuttle - 3 Cone
QB:
- Kurt Benkert (UVA): Kurt was my first sighting this year. He's risen to a Late Day 2 Pick and has the 2nd best throwing mechanics in this draft.
-
10
Kurt Benkert
Virginia 5-6 6-3 218 4.95 2.86 1.71 16 31 09'04" 4.33 7.15 - Kyle Allen (UofH): TBH I'd overlooked this kid until I heard Louis Riddick talk about him last week. Kid was a transfer to UH where he was benched... a lot... but when he played he was eye-popping. Issues? Probably, but for the price of a Rnd 7 or at most R6 Comp pick you'd get a QB3 prospect with a legit shot to become a starter.
-
20
*Kyle Allen
Houston FA 6-3 210 4.71 - 2.67 - 1.71 / - / 28 1/2 / 09' 05" / 4.26 / -
RB:
- Justin Jackson (NW): He's a mid, Day-3, plug'n'play bargain. What is he doing this low?
-
17
Justin Jackson
Northwestern 5-6 6-0 199 4.50 2.62 1.57 13 38 1/2 10'02" 4.07 6.81
WR:
- Dylan Cantrell (Texas Tech): Big and agile and projected to go in Day 3
-
25
Dylan Cantrell
Texas Tech 5-6 6-3 226 4.59 2.64 1.55 18 38 1/2 10'10" 4.03 6.56
TE:
- Ian Thomas (IU): He's complete, just not elite, but I really like him. Since he's a Day 2 guy I should go deeper... but I don't see anyone deeper... sorry.
-
5
Ian Thomas
Indiana 3 6-4 259 4.65 2.70 1.56 36 10'03" 4.20 7.15
OT:
- Brian O'Neill (Pitt): Even tho he has risen to Day 2, I have to mention the most athletic OL in the draft. Kid has a chance to be great.
-
6
*Brian ONeill
Pittsburgh 2-3 6-7 297 4.80 2.83 1.70 22 29 1/2 08'11" 4.50 7.14 - Joseph Noteboom (TCU): He remains my Day 3 choice, but I've got a new, even deeper dive.
-
13
Joseph Noteboom
Texas Christian 4-5 6-5 309 4.96 2.88 1.71 27 24 08'05" 4.44 7.65 - Korey Cunningham (U of Cincinnatti): He is the deep dive. Raw as hell, but has something to work with.
-
25
Korey Cunningham Cincinnati 7-FA 6-5 311 4.90 - 2.74 - 1.75 27 35 1/2 - 09' 11" - / -
OG:
- They've really all awakened, but since I have to have at least one...
- Skyler Phillips (Idaho St.): He's not going to be effective pulling for you, but he can work in the "phone booth" and move DL.
-
8
Skyler Phillips
Idaho State 4-5 6-3 318 5.09 2.97 1.76 no bench 29 08'08" 4.69 7.95
OC:
- Frank Ragnow (Arkansas) but now he's pushing close to R2, so...
- Coleman Shelton (Washington) is pressed into duty... needs to get stronger, but can move.
-
8
Coleman Shelton
Washington 7-FA 6-3 292 5.21 3.00 1.78 no bench 26 1/2 09'02" 4.59 7.62
QB:
- Kurt Benkert (UVA): Kurt was my first sighting this year. He's risen to a Late Day 2 Pick and has the 2nd best throwing mechanics in this draft.
- Kyle Allen (UofH): TBH I'd overlooked this kid until I heard Louis Riddick talk about him last week. Kid was a transfer to UH where he was benched... a lot... but when he played he was eye-popping. Issues? Probably, but for the price of a Rnd 7 or at most R6 Comp pick you'd get a QB3 prospect with a legit shot to become a starter.
RB:
- Justin Jackson (NW): He's a mid, Day-3, plug'n'play bargain. What is he doing this low?
WR:
- Dylan Cantrell (Texas Tech): Big and agile and projected to go in Day 3
TE:
- Ian Thomas (IU): He's complete, just not elite, but I really like him. Since he's a Day 2 guy I should go deeper... but I don't see anyone deeper... sorry.
OT:
- Brian O'Neill (Pitt): Even tho he has risen to Day 2, I have to mention the most athletic OL in the draft. Kid has a chance to be great.
- Joseph Noteboom (TCU): He remains my Day 3 choice, but I've got a new, even deeper dive.
- Korey Cunningham (U of Cincinnatti): He is the deep dive. Raw as hell, but has something to work with.
OG:
- They've really all awakened, but since I have to have at least one...
- Skyler Phillips (Idaho St.): He's not going to be effective pulling for you, but he can work in the "phone booth" and move DL.
OC:
- Frank Ragnow (Arkansas) but now he's pushing close to R2, so...
- Coleman Shelton (Washington) is pressed into duty... needs to get stronger, but can move.
How about Alex Cappa from Humboldt state day 3? Liked what I saw at the Senior Bowl and tape. Sure he's a project.
Draft ProjectionRounds 4-5 -
Ragnow is PFF's best OL.. higher than the ND guys. Not exactly a sleeper and should be mid-round1..
-
Very interesting & appreciated Tour.
Mike
Very interesting & appreciated Tour.
Mike
Yes this looks like one loaded draft.
-
Ragnow is PFF's best OL.. higher than the ND guys. Not exactly a sleeper and should be mid-round1..
Ragnow is PFF's best OL.. higher than the ND guys. Not exactly a sleeper and should be mid-round1..
Ragnarow should be a tough SOB:

-
Kyle Allen was a 5***** QB from Ariz. who came to A&M at the same time as 5***** receiver Christian Kirk, but got relieved during a particularly bad game, by Kyler Murray, another 5***** QB from N. Dallas. Then both Murray and Allen within a week of each other transferred out, Allen to UH and Murray to Ok. where he will finish his last year this coming season. As soon as Allen transferred he lost his HC to UT Austin and the team switched to a running offense, not utilizing the passing skills he has. He elected to go pro and is working with Palmer along with Darnold and Josh Allen. Palmer believes he is as good as the other two and will make some team an excellent developmental QB. Kyle Allen got terribly mishandled by Sumlin and then abandoned by his next coach to then be abandoned again by the run first offense of the next UH coach. He has had the worst run of bad luck for a guy with a great arm. Some team will take him either late or as a FA and develop him on the PS.
-
-
Kyle Allen was a 5***** QB from Ariz. who came to A&M at the same time as 5***** receiver Christian Kirk, but got relieved during a particularly bad game, by Kyler Murray, another 5***** QB from N. Dallas. Then both Murray and Allen within a week of each other transferred out, Allen to UH and Murray to Ok. where he will finish his last year this coming season. As soon as Allen transferred he lost his HC to UT Austin and the team switched to a running offense, not utilizing the passing skills he has. He elected to go pro and is working with Palmer along with Darnold and Josh Allen. Palmer believes he is as good as the other two and will make some team an excellent developmental QB. Kyle Allen got terribly mishandled by Sumlin and then abandoned by his next coach to then be abandoned again by the run first offense of the next UH coach. He has had the worst run of bad luck for a guy with a great arm. Some team will take him either late or as a FA and develop him on the PS.
As soon as Allen transferred he lost his HC to UT Austin and the team switched to a running offense...
His timing could not have been worse.
Ragnow is PFF's best OL.. higher than the ND guys. Not exactly a sleeper and should be mid-round1..
PFF definitely marches to its own beat, but, yes, Ragnow has risen too high to be a true sleeper so I tabbed the U-Dub kid.
-
-
QB:
- Kurt Benkert (UVA): Kurt was my first sighting this year. He's risen to a Late Day 2 Pick and has the 2nd best throwing mechanics in this draft.
- Kyle Allen (UofH): TBH I'd overlooked this kid until I heard Louis Riddick talk about him last week. Kid was a transfer to UH where he was benched... a lot... but when he played he was eye-popping. Issues? Probably, but for the price of a Rnd 7 or at most R6 Comp pick you'd get a QB3 prospect with a legit shot to become a starter.
RB:
- Justin Jackson (NW): He's a mid, Day-3, plug'n'play bargain. What is he doing this low?
WR:
- Dylan Cantrell (Texas Tech): Big and agile and projected to go in Day 3
TE:
- Ian Thomas (IU): He's complete, just not elite, but I really like him. Since he's a Day 2 guy I should go deeper... but I don't see anyone deeper... sorry.
OT:
- Brian O'Neill (Pitt): Even tho he has risen to Day 2, I have to mention the most athletic OL in the draft. Kid has a chance to be great.
- Joseph Noteboom (TCU): He remains my Day 3 choice, but I've got a new, even deeper dive.
- Korey Cunningham (U of Cincinnatti): He is the deep dive. Raw as hell, but has something to work with.
OG:
- They've really all awakened, but since I have to have at least one...
- Skyler Phillips (Idaho St.): He's not going to be effective pulling for you, but he can work in the "phone booth" and move DL.
OC:
- Frank Ragnow (Arkansas) but now he's pushing close to R2, so...
- Coleman Shelton (Washington) is pressed into duty... needs to get stronger, but can move.
How about Alex Cappa from Humboldt state day 3? Liked what I saw at the Senior Bowl and tape. Sure he's a project.
Draft ProjectionRounds 4-5 -
Here's the metrics key: Position Rank - Name - Round - Ht. - Wt. - 40 time - 20 - 10 - Bench - Vert - Broad - 20 yd Shuttle - 3 Cone
QB:
- Kurt Benkert (UVA): Kurt was my first sighting this year. He's risen to a Late Day 2 Pick and has the 2nd best throwing mechanics in this draft.
-
10
Kurt Benkert
Virginia 5-6 6-3 218 4.95 2.86 1.71 16 31 09'04" 4.33 7.15 - Kyle Allen (UofH): TBH I'd overlooked this kid until I heard Louis Riddick talk about him last week. Kid was a transfer to UH where he was benched... a lot... but when he played he was eye-popping. Issues? Probably, but for the price of a Rnd 7 or at most R6 Comp pick you'd get a QB3 prospect with a legit shot to become a starter.
-
20
*Kyle Allen
Houston FA 6-3 210 4.71 - 2.67 - 1.71 / - / 28 1/2 / 09' 05" / 4.26 / -
RB:
- Justin Jackson (NW): He's a mid, Day-3, plug'n'play bargain. What is he doing this low?
-
17
Justin Jackson
Northwestern 5-6 6-0 199 4.50 2.62 1.57 13 38 1/2 10'02" 4.07 6.81
WR:
- Dylan Cantrell (Texas Tech): Big and agile and projected to go in Day 3
-
25
Dylan Cantrell
Texas Tech 5-6 6-3 226 4.59 2.64 1.55 18 38 1/2 10'10" 4.03 6.56
TE:
- Ian Thomas (IU): He's complete, just not elite, but I really like him. Since he's a Day 2 guy I should go deeper... but I don't see anyone deeper... sorry.
-
5
Ian Thomas
Indiana 3 6-4 259 4.65 2.70 1.56 36 10'03" 4.20 7.15
OT:
- Brian O'Neill (Pitt): Even tho he has risen to Day 2, I have to mention the most athletic OL in the draft. Kid has a chance to be great.
-
6
*Brian ONeill
Pittsburgh 2-3 6-7 297 4.80 2.83 1.70 22 29 1/2 08'11" 4.50 7.14 - Joseph Noteboom (TCU): He remains my Day 3 choice, but I've got a new, even deeper dive.
-
13
Joseph Noteboom
Texas Christian 4-5 6-5 309 4.96 2.88 1.71 27 24 08'05" 4.44 7.65 - Korey Cunningham (U of Cincinnatti): He is the deep dive. Raw as hell, but has something to work with.
-
25
Korey Cunningham Cincinnati 7-FA 6-5 311 4.90 - 2.74 - 1.75 27 35 1/2 - 09' 11" - / -
OG:
- They've really all awakened, but since I have to have at least one...
- Skyler Phillips (Idaho St.): He's not going to be effective pulling for you, but he can work in the "phone booth" and move DL.
-
8
Skyler Phillips
Idaho State 4-5 6-3 318 5.09 2.97 1.76 no bench 29 08'08" 4.69 7.95
OC:
- Frank Ragnow (Arkansas) but now he's pushing close to R2, so...
- Coleman Shelton (Washington) is pressed into duty... needs to get stronger, but can move.
-
8
Coleman Shelton
Washington 7-FA 6-3 292 5.21 3.00 1.78 no bench 26 1/2 09'02" 4.59 7.62
8Coleman Shelton
Washington I'm just not getting good draft vibes from this kid.....;)
-
Kyle Allen has (or at least had—or should I say didn’t have?) zero leadership skills.
-
Here's the metrics key: Position Rank - Name - Round - Ht. - Wt. - 40 time - 20 - 10 - Bench - Vert - Broad - 20 yd Shuttle - 3 Cone
QB:
- Kurt Benkert (UVA): Kurt was my first sighting this year. He's risen to a Late Day 2 Pick and has the 2nd best throwing mechanics in this draft.
-
10
Kurt Benkert
Virginia 5-6 6-3 218 4.95 2.86 1.71 16 31 09'04" 4.33 7.15 - Kyle Allen (UofH): TBH I'd overlooked this kid until I heard Louis Riddick talk about him last week. Kid was a transfer to UH where he was benched... a lot... but when he played he was eye-popping. Issues? Probably, but for the price of a Rnd 7 or at most R6 Comp pick you'd get a QB3 prospect with a legit shot to become a starter.
-
20
*Kyle Allen
Houston FA 6-3 210 4.71 - 2.67 - 1.71 / - / 28 1/2 / 09' 05" / 4.26 / -
RB:
- Justin Jackson (NW): He's a mid, Day-3, plug'n'play bargain. What is he doing this low?
-
17
Justin Jackson
Northwestern 5-6 6-0 199 4.50 2.62 1.57 13 38 1/2 10'02" 4.07 6.81
WR:
- Dylan Cantrell (Texas Tech): Big and agile and projected to go in Day 3
-
25
Dylan Cantrell
Texas Tech 5-6 6-3 226 4.59 2.64 1.55 18 38 1/2 10'10" 4.03 6.56
TE:
- Ian Thomas (IU): He's complete, just not elite, but I really like him. Since he's a Day 2 guy I should go deeper... but I don't see anyone deeper... sorry.
-
5
Ian Thomas
Indiana 3 6-4 259 4.65 2.70 1.56 36 10'03" 4.20 7.15
OT:
- Brian O'Neill (Pitt): Even tho he has risen to Day 2, I have to mention the most athletic OL in the draft. Kid has a chance to be great.
-
6
*Brian ONeill
Pittsburgh 2-3 6-7 297 4.80 2.83 1.70 22 29 1/2 08'11" 4.50 7.14 - Joseph Noteboom (TCU): He remains my Day 3 choice, but I've got a new, even deeper dive.
-
13
Joseph Noteboom
Texas Christian 4-5 6-5 309 4.96 2.88 1.71 27 24 08'05" 4.44 7.65 - Korey Cunningham (U of Cincinnatti): He is the deep dive. Raw as hell, but has something to work with.
-
25
Korey Cunningham Cincinnati 7-FA 6-5 311 4.90 - 2.74 - 1.75 27 35 1/2 - 09' 11" - / -
OG:
- They've really all awakened, but since I have to have at least one...
- Skyler Phillips (Idaho St.): He's not going to be effective pulling for you, but he can work in the "phone booth" and move DL.
-
8
Skyler Phillips
Idaho State 4-5 6-3 318 5.09 2.97 1.76 no bench 29 08'08" 4.69 7.95
OC:
- Frank Ragnow (Arkansas) but now he's pushing close to R2, so...
- Coleman Shelton (Washington) is pressed into duty... needs to get stronger, but can move.
-
8
Coleman Shelton
Washington 7-FA 6-3 292 5.21 3.00 1.78 no bench 26 1/2 09'02" 4.59 7.62
Here's the metrics key: Position Rank - Name - Round - Ht. - Wt. - 40 time - 20 - 10 - Bench - Vert - Broad - 20 yd Shuttle - 3 Cone
QB:
- Kurt Benkert (UVA): Kurt was my first sighting this year. He's risen to a Late Day 2 Pick and has the 2nd best throwing mechanics in this draft.
-
10
Kurt Benkert
Virginia 5-6 6-3 218 4.95 2.86 1.71 16 31 09'04" 4.33 7.15 - Kyle Allen (UofH): TBH I'd overlooked this kid until I heard Louis Riddick talk about him last week. Kid was a transfer to UH where he was benched... a lot... but when he played he was eye-popping. Issues? Probably, but for the price of a Rnd 7 or at most R6 Comp pick you'd get a QB3 prospect with a legit shot to become a starter.
-
20
*Kyle Allen
Houston FA 6-3 210 4.71 - 2.67 - 1.71 / - / 28 1/2 / 09' 05" / 4.26 / -
RB:
- Justin Jackson (NW): He's a mid, Day-3, plug'n'play bargain. What is he doing this low?
-
17
Justin Jackson
Northwestern 5-6 6-0 199 4.50 2.62 1.57 13 38 1/2 10'02" 4.07 6.81
WR:
- Dylan Cantrell (Texas Tech): Big and agile and projected to go in Day 3
-
25
Dylan Cantrell
Texas Tech 5-6 6-3 226 4.59 2.64 1.55 18 38 1/2 10'10" 4.03 6.56
TE:
- Ian Thomas (IU): He's complete, just not elite, but I really like him. Since he's a Day 2 guy I should go deeper... but I don't see anyone deeper... sorry.
-
5
Ian Thomas
Indiana 3 6-4 259 4.65 2.70 1.56 36 10'03" 4.20 7.15
OT:
- Brian O'Neill (Pitt): Even tho he has risen to Day 2, I have to mention the most athletic OL in the draft. Kid has a chance to be great.
-
6
*Brian ONeill
Pittsburgh 2-3 6-7 297 4.80 2.83 1.70 22 29 1/2 08'11" 4.50 7.14 - Joseph Noteboom (TCU): He remains my Day 3 choice, but I've got a new, even deeper dive.
-
13
Joseph Noteboom
Texas Christian 4-5 6-5 309 4.96 2.88 1.71 27 24 08'05" 4.44 7.65 - Korey Cunningham (U of Cincinnatti): He is the deep dive. Raw as hell, but has something to work with.
-
25
Korey Cunningham Cincinnati 7-FA 6-5 311 4.90 - 2.74 - 1.75 27 35 1/2 - 09' 11" - / -
OG:
- They've really all awakened, but since I have to have at least one...
- Skyler Phillips (Idaho St.): He's not going to be effective pulling for you, but he can work in the "phone booth" and move DL.
-
8
Skyler Phillips
Idaho State 4-5 6-3 318 5.09 2.97 1.76 no bench 29 08'08" 4.69 7.95
OC:
- Frank Ragnow (Arkansas) but now he's pushing close to R2, so...
- Coleman Shelton (Washington) is pressed into duty... needs to get stronger, but can move.
-
8
Coleman Shelton
Washington 7-FA 6-3 292 5.21 3.00 1.78 no bench 26 1/2 09'02" 4.59 7.62
I like the Brian O'Neil choice, bring him in to compete with Coleman at LT, with either of them able to switch to RT if necessary.
If they don't bring in Joe Thomas to tutor the LTs in camp they're nuts, I think Joe would enjoy that opportunity, and could do it with his media interests intact. I imagine he is raising his kids in Cleveland, so ... he's there.
Zombo
-
8
Coleman Shelton
Washington I'm just not getting good draft vibes from this kid.....;)
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
