Baker Mayfield Thread
-
Hopefully, this translates to the NFL.... What sold me on Baker is he's crazy accurate- 70 completion%. I don't what to hear the "yeah, but his receivers were wide open" BS. He was hitting those wide open guys in stride, with zero adjustment to his passes. How many times last year did we see Kizer throw passes behind guys , over their heads or in the dirt? His completion% would have been a lot worse if guys weren't making circus catches the times his passers were 1\2 on target.
* 33-6 in 39 starts
* Second in D-I history in passer efficiency rating (175.4)
* Big 12 all-time record in yards per attempt (9.8),
* 131:30 TD-to-INT ratio, and 21 rushing scores.
* Led nation in QB rating under pressure in 2015 (117.4), 2016 (119.2), and 2017 (111.6).I’m sorry but you’ve got to hear it. Against Kansas, Texas Tech, WVU, OK St, TCU, Baylor he basically stood back in the pocket and waited for guys to get open. He rarely put in into windows or made anticipated throws. To top it all off the team rushed for 220 a game. He was playing a video game. You want to truly evaluate Baker look at the six losses.
I’m sorry but you’ve got to hear it. Against Kansas, Texas Tech, WVU, OK St, TCU, Baylor he basically stood back in the pocket and waited for guys to get open. He rarely put in into windows or made anticipated throws. To top it all off the team rushed for 220 a game. He was playing a video game. You want to truly evaluate Baker look at the six losses.
Evaluating a QB by his losses? Guess that's why we didn't take Darnold after he put up a stinker against Ohio State.
Even the HOF guys have bad games.
-
Instead of saving the ship and closing hatches and remaining afloat, they left them all open thus filling the whole boat.
Then why'd the ship go down by the bow?

-
I’m sorry but you’ve got to hear it. Against Kansas, Texas Tech, WVU, OK St, TCU, Baylor he basically stood back in the pocket and waited for guys to get open. He rarely put in into windows or made anticipated throws. To top it all off the team rushed for 220 a game. He was playing a video game. You want to truly evaluate Baker look at the six losses.
Evaluating a QB by his losses? Guess that's why we didn't take Darnold after he put up a stinker against Ohio State.
Even the HOF guys have bad games.
Evaluating a QB by his losses? Guess that's why we didn't take Darnold after he put up a stinker against Ohio State.
Even the HOF guys have bad games.
Absolutely but seeing how a player goes when everything is not going his way says a lot. There are many QBs that look great when everything is going their way. The QB of the Browns is going to have some rough sledding.
-
Instead of saving the ship and closing hatches and remaining afloat, they left them all open thus filling the whole boat.
Then why'd the ship go down by the bow?

-
Shitty cost cutting iron rivets that held the bow plates failed, leading to more then 4 water tight compartments to fill and sink the bow. It was said to be unsinkable because of the supposed water tight compartments, but nothing is perfect.
So they did close the doors?
-
The Titanic sank because of progressive flooding. Instead of saving the ship and closing hatches and remaining afloat, they left them all open thus filling the whole boat.
Basic DC mate!
-
Shitty cost cutting iron rivets that held the bow plates failed, leading to more then 4 water tight compartments to fill and sink the bow. It was said to be unsinkable because of the supposed water tight compartments, but nothing is perfect.
So they did close the doors?
-
Baker Mayfield better have all the intangibles his fans say he has and more. Intangibles literally oozing out of every orifice.
Because physically he possesses nothing that warrants a #1 overall pick. Not elite athleticism, not elite size, not an elite arm.
Baker Mayfield better have all the intangibles his fans say he has and more. Intangibles literally oozing out of every orifice.
Because physically he possesses nothing that warrants a #1 overall pick. Not elite athleticism, not elite size, not an elite arm.
He does have an above average arm, elite accuracy and elite football IQ. I believe his intangibles of leadership and drive are elite as well. Time will tell who's right.
-
I like this guy. I hope he is the top QB of this bunch and makes us feel what it's like to have a franchise QB for some years... Having a serviceable QB will be already an upgrade.
If we ever get to succeed, yesterday I was watching Band of Brothers for the 5th time and I think we could use "Baker Company" as a nickname.
-
I have wanted Baker Mayfield drafted #1 as our QB all along, but even though I love the kid, I don't want to hear Fans screaming for him after Tyrod makes his first mistake as a Brown. Who knows how soon Baker will be ready to take over, but I hope, as Fans & Coaches, we will be patient & not rush him prematurely for the good of the player & our team.
Exciting times ahead.
Mike
-
-
Cool pic of Mayfield looking out at the place where he’s going to spend Sunday afternoons in the fall. . .
Let's hope he doesn't actually spend any time in the building that he is looking for him because if I am not mistaken because I have been there before that is the view from the justice center you know the Cleveland courthouse.
-
The Titanic sank because of progressive flooding. Instead of saving the ship and closing hatches and remaining afloat, they left them all open thus filling the whole boat.
So based on this it wasn't the Icebery (Mayfield) or the Titanic (rest of the team) It was incorrect execution. Our new staff will execute properly and that Baker Mayfield is gonna be a star.
-
I'm a man...and I can change...if I have to....I guess.
Good thread D-Bone.
He was not my first or second pick for a QB. But ya know what...he's OUR QB now. And I'm going to support him...until such time that he does stuff that turns me away from him. Hopefully, that day never comes. Go Baker!
-
Cool pic of Mayfield looking out at the place where he’s going to spend Sunday afternoons in the fall. . .
Now that he's been drafted by the Browns, better keep him out of that room.
Kid might jump.

-
Cool pic of Mayfield looking out at the place where he’s going to spend Sunday afternoons in the fall. . .
Let's hope he doesn't actually spend any time in the building that he is looking for him because if I am not mistaken because I have been there before that is the view from the justice center you know the Cleveland courthouse.
Let's hope he doesn't actually spend any time in the building that he is looking for him because if I am not mistaken because I have been there before that is the view from the justice center you know the Cleveland courthouse.
That’s not the Justice center. I’m thinking that’s the Hilton.
-
@diehardbrownsfan said:
Not the justice center you small town hasbeen.
You think you know where this was I'm telling you I've been in the justice center and that's the view of the stadium from the justice center I had my share of cases in that building at times.
-
Let's hope he doesn't actually spend any time in the building that he is looking for him because if I am not mistaken because I have been there before that is the view from the justice center you know the Cleveland courthouse.
That’s not the Justice center. I’m thinking that’s the Hilton.
That’s not the Justice center. I’m thinking that’s the Hilton.
Then they are just about next-door
-
Shitty cost cutting iron rivets that held the bow plates failed, leading to more then 4 water tight compartments to fill and sink the bow. It was said to be unsinkable because of the supposed water tight compartments, but nothing is perfect.
So they did close the doors?
So they did close the doors?
RE: the Titanic- it hardly would have mattered Tour. Closing the doors would have been like putting your finger on the top of a straw- stopping a balloon that was filling up with thousands of gallons of water a minute from other points. Once the first couple bulkheads failed, it was sequential catastrophic failure right down the line...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login