Baker Mayfield Thread
-
-
Shmuck Baker Mayfield.
If you don’t love the Browns more than you hate Baker Mayfield then you’re not a true Browns fan
If you don’t love the Browns more than you hate Baker Mayfield then you’re not a true Browns fan
On ESPN CLASSIC now 2016 KST @ OKL with the new BROWNS savior at QB.
-
They passed on the Jewish guy when they took Mayfield.

Jesus was Jewish. Did we pass on him? F'n Browns!

-
They passed on the Jewish guy when they took Mayfield.

Jesus was Jewish. Did we pass on him? F'n Browns!

Jesus was Jewish. Did we pass on him? F'n Browns!

Something about what he wrote on his shroud about Trump ruffled some feathers, I heard.

-
can anyone link anything to me about mayfield's alcohol problems? i see one incident, but nothing repeated like JFF had...
-
I know I know, I should just swallow the Sheet show that was the draft and pull out the yearly "these guys are really doing it" cowpoop and get the excuses all geared up for Budweiser Mayfield, right? I'm not into make believe. The dudes a piece of trash and the #1 pick was yet again wasted by yet another in a long line of ex coffee fetchers shipped off to Cleveland.
I know I know, I should just swallow the Sheet show that was the draft and pull out the yearly "these guys are really doing it" cowpoop and get the excuses all geared up for Budweiser Mayfield, right? I'm not into make believe. The dudes a piece of trash and the #1 pick was yet again wasted by yet another in a long line of ex coffee fetchers shipped off to Cleveland.
I know it will come to me, but isn't there another poster on here that uses the expression "coffee fetchers" to describe people in the current Browns front office?

-
can anyone link anything to me about mayfield's alcohol problems? i see one incident, but nothing repeated like JFF had...
can anyone link anything to me about mayfield's alcohol problems? i see one incident, but nothing repeated like JFF had...
I can't find anything that suggests he has a drinking problem.
-
can anyone link anything to me about mayfield's alcohol problems? i see one incident, but nothing repeated like JFF had...
I can't find anything that suggests he has a drinking problem.
I can't find anything that suggests he has a drinking problem.
right, me either. It's like people saw a 6'0 QB, latched on to the Manziel comparison and never let go. Mayfield is older, puts in work studying playbooks, demonstrated his knowledge of X's and O's, has brought his team up to higher levels of competition, did not have a single WR he heaved it to and relied on to bail him out time and time again...
i don't think the JFF comparisons are valid. I read about once incident where he evaded arrest. One incident does not make a pattern. As long as he can drag the Browns to some wins, I don't care about one incident in college.
I also do not care about the crotch grab. Right from the start, the other team refused to shake his hand and was jeering at him all game. Can't really blame him for that, plus he actually has the gaming ability to back up his Sockiness. It's not like he's grabbing his crotch after every TD pass every game like JFF with his money sign.
I'm just not seeing Manziel 2.0. I'm willing to have someone enlighten me if they can provide something concrete, not link me to some article blindly comparing Mayfield to Manziel because someone said it once and now everyone is mindlessly parroting it. Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions. Like it or not, Mayfield is on the Browns and I think Dorsey made the right choice at #1 based on Mayfield's stats, his ability to fire his team up, and his willingness to work hard to get what he wants. Mayfield is the QB the Browns need, someone who isn't afraid of a challenge.
-
can anyone link anything to me about mayfield's alcohol problems? i see one incident, but nothing repeated like JFF had...
I can't find anything that suggests he has a drinking problem.
I can't find anything that suggests he has a drinking problem.
Mayfield doesn’t have a drinking problem, he has a maturity problem.
The aging process usually cures most people of that problem...key word “usually”.
-
I can't find anything that suggests he has a drinking problem.
right, me either. It's like people saw a 6'0 QB, latched on to the Manziel comparison and never let go. Mayfield is older, puts in work studying playbooks, demonstrated his knowledge of X's and O's, has brought his team up to higher levels of competition, did not have a single WR he heaved it to and relied on to bail him out time and time again...
i don't think the JFF comparisons are valid. I read about once incident where he evaded arrest. One incident does not make a pattern. As long as he can drag the Browns to some wins, I don't care about one incident in college.
I also do not care about the crotch grab. Right from the start, the other team refused to shake his hand and was jeering at him all game. Can't really blame him for that, plus he actually has the gaming ability to back up his Sockiness. It's not like he's grabbing his crotch after every TD pass every game like JFF with his money sign.
I'm just not seeing Manziel 2.0. I'm willing to have someone enlighten me if they can provide something concrete, not link me to some article blindly comparing Mayfield to Manziel because someone said it once and now everyone is mindlessly parroting it. Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions. Like it or not, Mayfield is on the Browns and I think Dorsey made the right choice at #1 based on Mayfield's stats, his ability to fire his team up, and his willingness to work hard to get what he wants. Mayfield is the QB the Browns need, someone who isn't afraid of a challenge.
right, me either. It's like people saw a 6'0 QB, latched on to the Manziel comparison and never let go. Mayfield is older, puts in work studying playbooks, demonstrated his knowledge of X's and O's, has brought his team up to higher levels of competition, did not have a single WR he heaved it to and relied on to bail him out time and time again...
i don't think the JFF comparisons are valid. I read about once incident where he evaded arrest. One incident does not make a pattern. As long as he can drag the Browns to some wins, I don't care about one incident in college.
I also do not care about the crotch grab. Right from the start, the other team refused to shake his hand and was jeering at him all game. Can't really blame him for that, plus he actually has the gaming ability to back up his Sockiness. It's not like he's grabbing his crotch after every TD pass every game like JFF with his money sign.
I'm just not seeing Manziel 2.0. I'm willing to have someone enlighten me if they can provide something concrete, not link me to some article blindly comparing Mayfield to Manziel because someone said it once and now everyone is mindlessly parroting it. Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions. Like it or not, Mayfield is on the Browns and I think Dorsey made the right choice at #1 based on Mayfield's stats, his ability to fire his team up, and his willingness to work hard to get what he wants. Mayfield is the QB the Browns need, someone who isn't afraid of a challenge.
Size-wise, they are similar. Mayfield appears a little thicker.
On the field, I don't see it really. Manziel was a playground improviser, while Mayfield seems to play within the system. He can extend plays, but it's not his thing. I've said it before, Penn State's Trace McSorley reminds me on the field more of Manziel.
Both are Socky on the field, in fact I think Mayfield plays with more of an edge. When Manziel came into the NFL, opposing defensive players went out of their way to go after him, to jaw with him. I expect the same will happen to Mayfield. Manziel's personality, though, was self-destructive off the field, and he had zero work ethic. Mayfield IMO doesn't have either issue.
Remember when Manziel made his first start, vs Cincinnati? He looked like he had zero idea what was going on, like he was a fan in the stands who got pulled down onto the sidelines and suited up to play QB ten minutes before the coin toss. I don't know how Mayfield's career is going to turn out - and honestly I have my doubts how successful it will be - but I have zero doubt that if he doesn't end up being a good starting QB it won't be because he pissed it away from a lack of trying. I'll definitely give the kid that.
-
The people that say he's just another "Johnny" are butt hurt still.. Manziel was a selfish schwanse head. These are the people who play too much Madden, and don't really know the game of football.. I'll bet money they never put on a pair of shoulder pads.. Then felt the excruciating soreness in thier armpits the following day.
No two people are alike ever.. Baker Mayfield is married.. So.. I highly doubt He'll be the new poster boy for TMZ..Like Johnny was... -
I don't think they let anybody just go up to the top floors of the justice center unless on jury duty or you work there.
-
I don't think they let anybody just go up to the top floors of the justice center unless on jury duty or you work there.
I don't think they let anybody just go up to the top floors of the justice center unless on jury duty or you work there.
Or you are a criminal.
?
WSS
-
-
Can the midget even stay sober long enough to be a savior? Can't wait till he's grabbing his crotch and directing it at other men (again) on the sidelines like some low rent trailer park loser.
Can the midget even stay sober long enough to be a savior? Can't wait till he's grabbing his crotch and directing it at other men (again) on the sidelines like some low rent trailer park loser.
Here's a novel idea, how about if you just root for OUR QB to succeed. Accept what you can't change, he's our guy. Change what you can, either support him or find a new team.
-
Can the midget even stay sober long enough to be a savior? Can't wait till he's grabbing his crotch and directing it at other men (again) on the sidelines like some low rent trailer park loser.
Here's a novel idea, how about if you just root for OUR QB to succeed. Accept what you can't change, he's our guy. Change what you can, either support him or find a new team.
-
What I liked hearing the most was how "football intelligent" Baker Mayfield was during the draft process, and I especially enjoyed reading that snippet about how Mayfield scored the second highest mark in the history of that football IQ exam. He apparently "wow'd" people on the white board, and he's got a quick release. This means Baker not only KNOWS football, but he has the ability to throw with tremendous accuracy. Oh, for the people knocking him because he's short, you should know he had the least amount of passes knocked down out of the "Big 4" QB prospects (think I heard that on Building the Browns, but I can double check that stat too).
-
The one team that was willing to give up their 2019 #1 plus 2018 #1 and maybe another player to move up to #4, was only willing to do so if Baker Mayfield was there for the taking. Dorsey could not take it because he knew who he was taking #1.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
