Skip to content

Denzel Ward

The Browns Board
239 44 11.2k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?

    You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke. 

    Girl, you have some serious issues.  Take it up with the Amish.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Girl, you have some serious issues.  Take it up with the Amish.

    Just stop.

    You are just embarrassing yourself now.

    I mean, more that normal. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Girl, you have some serious issues.  Take it up with the Amish.

    Just stop.

    You are just embarrassing yourself now.

    I mean, more that normal. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Just stop.

    You are just embarrassing yourself now.

    I mean, more that normal. 

    Sure thing luke.

  • @baconhound said:

    That’s if Myles can stay healthy and motivated and I’m not holding my breath on either.  If the Browns are certain of that I would’ve taken Nelson at 4.  Even with a Thomas last year the O Line struggled and if you can’t control the lines of scrimmage it doesn’t really matter.

    Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping.   Hubbard is still on the board.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping.   Hubbard is still on the board.

    Don’t know much about Corbett but would like to see as much OL talent as we can accumulate.  If Mayfield is the future he definitely will need protection. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just stop.

    You are just embarrassing yourself now.

    I mean, more that normal. 

    Sure thing luke.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Sure thing luke.

    You aren't going to run to the moderators with your boyfriend cal and tell on me again, are you?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping.   Hubbard is still on the board.

    Don’t know much about Corbett but would like to see as much OL talent as we can accumulate.  If Mayfield is the future he definitely will need protection. 

    @baconhound said:

    Don’t know much about Corbett but would like to see as much OL talent as we can accumulate.  If Mayfield is the future he definitely will need protection. 

    I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see. 

  • @baconhound said:

    That’s if Myles can stay healthy and motivated and I’m not holding my breath on either.  If the Browns are certain of that I would’ve taken Nelson at 4.  Even with a Thomas last year the O Line struggled and if you can’t control the lines of scrimmage it doesn’t really matter.

    Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping.   Hubbard is still on the board.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping.   Hubbard is still on the board.

    I’m and Obo kinda guy ?

  • @baconhound said:

    Don’t know much about Corbett but would like to see as much OL talent as we can accumulate.  If Mayfield is the future he definitely will need protection. 

    I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see. 

    Was he a tackle or a guard at Nevada

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping.   Hubbard is still on the board.

    I’m and Obo kinda guy ?

    @baconhound said:

    I’m and Obo kinda guy ?

    I like the flexibility of a 3-4 DE rotation. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see. 

    Was he a tackle or a guard at Nevada

    @baconhound said:

    Was he a tackle or a guard at Nevada

    Tackle, just like Bitonio was. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Never understood this argument. 

    If we had Aaron Donald and won all of maybe one more game with him in the same time frame, you could still say the same thing and be all BUT HOW MANY GAMES HE WIN US BRUH!?!?   Losing doesn't preclude us from having a quality player at any given position.   It's a team game and we addressed a position of need with a top rated player.  A bit higher than I'd like, but addressed none-the-less.   

    Let's not make this harder than it has to be.

    You miss my point or maybe I was unclear. At any rate positions in football can be ranked by importance.  That importance fluctuates depending on what type of game is being played.  For the most part through the history of the NFL the QB is the most important but other positions eb and flow.  DB is has become less and less a position of great affect since the rules have changed into a pass friendly league and WR have become more physically imposing.  When the Browns had an All-Pro DB in Haden it didn’t mean much in terms of stopping the other team.  I would argue that Donald, or any other dominant defensive end, would make more of a difference in disrupting the other teams game plan than a “shut down” corner.  I’d also add those “shut down” corners don’t seem to last very long these days and teams aren’t willing to pay to keep them so I’d rate the importance of adding a possible shutdown corner as not as high as a possible dominant DE

    @baconhound said:

    You miss my point or maybe I was unclear. At any rate positions in football can be ranked by importance.  That importance fluctuates depending on what type of game is being played.  For the most part through the history of the NFL the QB is the most important but other positions eb and flow.  DB is has become less and less a position of great affect since the rules have changed into a pass friendly league and WR have become more physically imposing.  When the Browns had an All-Pro DB in Haden it didn’t mean much in terms of stopping the other team.  I would argue that Donald, or any other dominant defensive end, would make more of a difference in disrupting the other teams game plan than a “shut down” corner.  I’d also add those “shut down” corners don’t seem to last very long these days and teams aren’t willing to pay to keep them so I’d rate the importance of adding a possible shutdown corner as not as high as a possible dominant DE

    Or maybe you just need both so supposedly we got Garrett as the pass rushing DEN now we have the shutdown corner so we can use them bothOr maybe you just need both so supposedly we got Garrett as the pass rushing DEN now we have the shutdown corner so we can use them both

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Interested to see which guy had more pressures. Hurst at a glance seems to be more disruptive. 

    I am too.  Yeah, Hurst is really quick and looks like a handful.  Mike brings up legit concerns and I'm guessing whoever takes him uses him in the rotation wisely. 

    @flugel said:

    I am too.  Yeah, Hurst is really quick and looks like a handful.  Mike brings up legit concerns and I'm guessing whoever takes him uses him in the rotation wisely. 

    Seems like concerns weren’t limited to one team. Hurst is RD1 talent. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    That's what your girlfriend said.......

    That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?

    You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?

    You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke. 

    he is the king of the ignorant one liners (like his pal trump)

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?

    You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke. 

    he is the king of the ignorant one liners (like his pal trump)

    @syd said:

    he is the king of the ignorant one liners (like his pal trump)

    He made the mistake of going after me right after I joined this board last summer.

    I've taken great joy in Shmucking with the mouth-breather every chance I get since then. I got him so flustered that he and calfox ran to the moderators and reported me.

    Pathetic snowflakes, they are. 

  • @flugel said:

    I am too.  Yeah, Hurst is really quick and looks like a handful.  Mike brings up legit concerns and I'm guessing whoever takes him uses him in the rotation wisely. 

    Seems like concerns weren’t limited to one team. Hurst is RD1 talent. 

    @mike-h said:

    Seems like concerns weren’t limited to one team. Hurst is RD1 talent. 

    Yup.... medically cleared by his Doc is one thing, but there are up to 32 more medical hurdles to clear.

    Shame...

  • @mike-h said:

    Seems like concerns weren’t limited to one team. Hurst is RD1 talent. 

    Yup.... medically cleared by his Doc is one thing, but there are up to 32 more medical hurdles to clear.

    Shame...

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup.... medically cleared by his Doc is one thing, but there are up to 32 more medical hurdles to clear.

    Shame...

    The Browns also had him come to Berea for the very purpose of evaluating him during a pre draft 30 visit. My scout friend doesn’t work for the Browns, but he says he doesn’t see how any team could draft him before Day 3 knowing what he knows. I liked him a ton. It’s really too bad. Hopefully a team takes a chance and he gets a shot like Grady Jarrett. He’s a heck of a player.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yup.... medically cleared by his Doc is one thing, but there are up to 32 more medical hurdles to clear.

    Shame...

    The Browns also had him come to Berea for the very purpose of evaluating him during a pre draft 30 visit. My scout friend doesn’t work for the Browns, but he says he doesn’t see how any team could draft him before Day 3 knowing what he knows. I liked him a ton. It’s really too bad. Hopefully a team takes a chance and he gets a shot like Grady Jarrett. He’s a heck of a player.

    @mike-h said:

    The Browns also had him come to Berea for the very purpose of evaluating him during a pre draft 30 visit. My scout friend doesn’t work for the Browns, but he says he doesn’t see how any team could draft him before Day 3 knowing what he knows. I liked him a ton. It’s really too bad. Hopefully a team takes a chance and he gets a shot like Grady Jarrett. He’s a heck of a player.

    Certainly will come a time where the risk/reward is in balance for teams with concerns, but did not DQ him.

    First compensatory picks coming up...

  • @mike-h said:

    Seems like concerns weren’t limited to one team. Hurst is RD1 talent. 

    Yup.... medically cleared by his Doc is one thing, but there are up to 32 more medical hurdles to clear.

    Shame...

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup.... medically cleared by his Doc is one thing, but there are up to 32 more medical hurdles to clear.

    Shame...

    Already up to 100 pics and he has not been takenAlready up to 100 pics and he has not been taken

  • Picks left now:

    4-14

    5-13

    6-1 & 4 & 14

  • @mike-h said:

    The Browns also had him come to Berea for the very purpose of evaluating him during a pre draft 30 visit. My scout friend doesn’t work for the Browns, but he says he doesn’t see how any team could draft him before Day 3 knowing what he knows. I liked him a ton. It’s really too bad. Hopefully a team takes a chance and he gets a shot like Grady Jarrett. He’s a heck of a player.

    Certainly will come a time where the risk/reward is in balance for teams with concerns, but did not DQ him.

    First compensatory picks coming up...

    @tour2ma said:

    Certainly will come a time where the risk/reward is in balance for teams with concerns, but did not DQ him.

    First compensatory picks coming up...

    Don’t listen to anyone who says it’s not medical related. As much as it makes me cringe to say this, it’s “fake news”.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Certainly will come a time where the risk/reward is in balance for teams with concerns, but did not DQ him.

    First compensatory picks coming up...

    Don’t listen to anyone who says it’s not medical related. As much as it makes me cringe to say this, it’s “fake news”.

    @mike-h said:

    Don’t listen to anyone who says it’s not medical related. As much as it makes me cringe to say this, it’s “fake news”.

    I hadn't heard anything, but medical.

    But then I really don't "do" Facebook or twitter... except via reddit for the latter.