Denzel Ward
-
Don’t know much about Corbett but would like to see as much OL talent as we can accumulate. If Mayfield is the future he definitely will need protection.
I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see.
-
That’s if Myles can stay healthy and motivated and I’m not holding my breath on either. If the Browns are certain of that I would’ve taken Nelson at 4. Even with a Thomas last year the O Line struggled and if you can’t control the lines of scrimmage it doesn’t really matter.
Good news, quality pass rushers are dropping. Hubbard is still on the board.
-
Don’t know much about Corbett but would like to see as much OL talent as we can accumulate. If Mayfield is the future he definitely will need protection.
I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see.
I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see.
Was he a tackle or a guard at Nevada
-
I’m and Obo kinda guy ?
I like the flexibility of a 3-4 DE rotation.
-
I'm curious if the Browns think he can stay at tackle though? Seems like he could be a candidate to move inside - which makes it a curious move... We'll see.
Was he a tackle or a guard at Nevada
Was he a tackle or a guard at Nevada
Tackle, just like Bitonio was.
-
Never understood this argument.
If we had Aaron Donald and won all of maybe one more game with him in the same time frame, you could still say the same thing and be all BUT HOW MANY GAMES HE WIN US BRUH!?!? Losing doesn't preclude us from having a quality player at any given position. It's a team game and we addressed a position of need with a top rated player. A bit higher than I'd like, but addressed none-the-less.
Let's not make this harder than it has to be.
You miss my point or maybe I was unclear. At any rate positions in football can be ranked by importance. That importance fluctuates depending on what type of game is being played. For the most part through the history of the NFL the QB is the most important but other positions eb and flow. DB is has become less and less a position of great affect since the rules have changed into a pass friendly league and WR have become more physically imposing. When the Browns had an All-Pro DB in Haden it didn’t mean much in terms of stopping the other team. I would argue that Donald, or any other dominant defensive end, would make more of a difference in disrupting the other teams game plan than a “shut down” corner. I’d also add those “shut down” corners don’t seem to last very long these days and teams aren’t willing to pay to keep them so I’d rate the importance of adding a possible shutdown corner as not as high as a possible dominant DE
You miss my point or maybe I was unclear. At any rate positions in football can be ranked by importance. That importance fluctuates depending on what type of game is being played. For the most part through the history of the NFL the QB is the most important but other positions eb and flow. DB is has become less and less a position of great affect since the rules have changed into a pass friendly league and WR have become more physically imposing. When the Browns had an All-Pro DB in Haden it didn’t mean much in terms of stopping the other team. I would argue that Donald, or any other dominant defensive end, would make more of a difference in disrupting the other teams game plan than a “shut down” corner. I’d also add those “shut down” corners don’t seem to last very long these days and teams aren’t willing to pay to keep them so I’d rate the importance of adding a possible shutdown corner as not as high as a possible dominant DE
Or maybe you just need both so supposedly we got Garrett as the pass rushing DEN now we have the shutdown corner so we can use them bothOr maybe you just need both so supposedly we got Garrett as the pass rushing DEN now we have the shutdown corner so we can use them both
-
Interested to see which guy had more pressures. Hurst at a glance seems to be more disruptive.
I am too. Yeah, Hurst is really quick and looks like a handful. Mike brings up legit concerns and I'm guessing whoever takes him uses him in the rotation wisely.
-
That's what your girlfriend said.......
That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?
You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke.
That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?
You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke.
he is the king of the ignorant one liners (like his pal trump)
-
That Ward is a tad on the smallish side?
You aren't very intelligent, are you? It's like you are a walking, talking stereotypical Polack from Parma joke.
he is the king of the ignorant one liners (like his pal trump)
he is the king of the ignorant one liners (like his pal trump)
He made the mistake of going after me right after I joined this board last summer.
I've taken great joy in Shmucking with the mouth-breather every chance I get since then. I got him so flustered that he and calfox ran to the moderators and reported me.
Pathetic snowflakes, they are.
-
-
Yup.... medically cleared by his Doc is one thing, but there are up to 32 more medical hurdles to clear.
Shame...
The Browns also had him come to Berea for the very purpose of evaluating him during a pre draft 30 visit. My scout friend doesn’t work for the Browns, but he says he doesn’t see how any team could draft him before Day 3 knowing what he knows. I liked him a ton. It’s really too bad. Hopefully a team takes a chance and he gets a shot like Grady Jarrett. He’s a heck of a player.
-
Yup.... medically cleared by his Doc is one thing, but there are up to 32 more medical hurdles to clear.
Shame...
The Browns also had him come to Berea for the very purpose of evaluating him during a pre draft 30 visit. My scout friend doesn’t work for the Browns, but he says he doesn’t see how any team could draft him before Day 3 knowing what he knows. I liked him a ton. It’s really too bad. Hopefully a team takes a chance and he gets a shot like Grady Jarrett. He’s a heck of a player.
The Browns also had him come to Berea for the very purpose of evaluating him during a pre draft 30 visit. My scout friend doesn’t work for the Browns, but he says he doesn’t see how any team could draft him before Day 3 knowing what he knows. I liked him a ton. It’s really too bad. Hopefully a team takes a chance and he gets a shot like Grady Jarrett. He’s a heck of a player.
Certainly will come a time where the risk/reward is in balance for teams with concerns, but did not DQ him.
First compensatory picks coming up...
-
-
Picks left now:
4-14
5-13
6-1 & 4 & 14
-
The Browns also had him come to Berea for the very purpose of evaluating him during a pre draft 30 visit. My scout friend doesn’t work for the Browns, but he says he doesn’t see how any team could draft him before Day 3 knowing what he knows. I liked him a ton. It’s really too bad. Hopefully a team takes a chance and he gets a shot like Grady Jarrett. He’s a heck of a player.
Certainly will come a time where the risk/reward is in balance for teams with concerns, but did not DQ him.
First compensatory picks coming up...
-
-
Seems like concerns weren’t limited to one team. Hurst is RD1 talent.
You did a really good job with that Mike. I think I heard yesterday the domino effect only had about 1 team that didn't take this kid off their board. They said he has the same condition/disease Hank Gathers had. That's really tough news for a kid this close to his life-long dream.
-
LOL-You just wanted a CB so Randall can go to FS and Peppers to SS where he belongs
Randall was going to FS regardless. Sheet, he's already there.
One of our first offseason moves was to allow Pep to play in position
Randall was going to FS regardless. Sheet, he's already there.
One of our first offseason moves was to allow Pep to play in position
If peppers doesn't play better period his position is going to be bench.
Regardless whether you are FS or SS in the nfl in 2018 it's a game of being good in space. And peppers was absolutely atrocious at that last year.
-
Randall was going to FS regardless. Sheet, he's already there.
One of our first offseason moves was to allow Pep to play in position
If peppers doesn't play better period his position is going to be bench.
Regardless whether you are FS or SS in the nfl in 2018 it's a game of being good in space. And peppers was absolutely atrocious at that last year.
If peppers doesn't play better period his position is going to be bench.
Regardless whether you are FS or SS in the nfl in 2018 it's a game of being good in space. And peppers was absolutely atrocious at that last year.
Watch the last game or two where he was in the box. Played well. I wouldn't take a bad game against Hilton and extrapolate it across the year.
-
If peppers doesn't play better period his position is going to be bench.
Regardless whether you are FS or SS in the nfl in 2018 it's a game of being good in space. And peppers was absolutely atrocious at that last year.
Watch the last game or two where he was in the box. Played well. I wouldn't take a bad game against Hilton and extrapolate it across the year.
Watch the last game or two where he was in the box. Played well. I wouldn't take a bad game against Hilton and extrapolate it across the year.
Hilton do you mean Paris or the hotel chainHilton do you mean Paris or the hotel chain
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login