Skip to content

Draft Grades

The Browns Board
77 27 4.4k
  • The browns hurt my brain sometimes

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Past drafts were praised and clearly shat the bed. I won’t panic about this at all. That said, I would be on here losing my marbles if they picked Allen haha. Rage so much rage would have resulted.

    Well hold it back for about 2-4 years and see which one gets the last laugh. If they fix Allen/Darnold and we get JM 2.0, everyone here will be inconsolable.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Well hold it back for about 2-4 years and see which one gets the last laugh. If they fix Allen/Darnold and we get JM 2.0, everyone here will be inconsolable.

    Oh it could cut both ways. I am just taking a wait and see approach. I don’t take draft grades too serious. Browns have been praised before and they were some historically bad drafts in retrospect.

    oh and there is no fixing Allen haha.

  • Pete Prisco gave the Browns a solid "C" on Mayfield and a "b-" on Ward. Nothing but speculation I guess.

  • The majority of these people handing out grades are not employed by an NFL team for a reason ....they suck .... let them play 3 years then grade them .... 

  • Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    @texasag1969 said:

    Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    HEY MEDIA 😁 

         Go Browns!!

  • The majority of these people handing out grades are not employed by an NFL team for a reason ....they suck .... let them play 3 years then grade them .... 

    @darren15 said:

    The majority of these people handing out grades are not employed by an NFL team for a reason ....they suck .... let them play 3 years then grade them .... 

    Mayfield won’t last three years and the browns have a revolving door in the ground office 

  • Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    @texasag1969 said:

    Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    GOOD! Those so called "experts" have rated our drafts very high the last few years, so I cheerfully accept low grades from them. They've proven to me they have no credibility. Our true grades on this draft will be more apparent in 2-3 years.

    I am also glad we kept our 2nd round picks.

    Mike

  • He might be the only one of the analysts whom gives those grades. The browns are getting crushed everywhere else.

    @bigalow80 said:

    He might be the only one of the analysts whom gives those grades. The browns are getting crushed everywhere else.

    Actually we have to wait until the entire draft is in to see the master plan and what will work and what might not.

    Last year they got great grades and pulled an 0-fer season.

    The BROWNS overpaid in R1 they could have rebundled the picks and got their guys with more top R1 and R2 picks....but now we wait for September. 

  • well, the Browns have "won" the draft the past few years and it didn't pan out, maybe now since they "lost" the draft they will win where it counts.  I'm not worried at all about either of these two players.  I don't get people saying Mayfield has a big ego, he is nowhere near JFF.  I'm pretty excited to see what he can do in the NFL.  He was a college QB who was able to elevate the team around him to play up to the level of his opponents (the Ohio State game is the one that most readily comes to mind) and that is exactly what the Browns need. He's also a guy who is willing to put in the hours to study film and learn playbooks, something JFF definitely was not. Of course, he hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL yet so the jury is still out, but I have high hopes.

    I was hoping the Browns would pick Fitzpatrick at #4 but I can live with it.  I can see why they skipped out on Chubb, maybe Ogbah is healing nicely so DE wasn't as glaring a need as secondary help.  Denzel Ward was the top ranked CB heading into the draft, and CB is a spot where the Browns desperately need help so I can't really bash this pick at all.

    Every year after the draft I am optimistic about the Browns' chances, at least their record can't get any worse than last year's....right?

  • Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

  • Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    @texasag1969 said:

    Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    I am good with Double Ds;

    Scarjos+double+ds+_7bf140da68e9874b546e7

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    I am good with Double Ds;

    Scarjos+double+ds+_7bf140da68e9874b546e7

    @the-gipper said:

    I am good with Double Ds;

    Oh yes just check out the HOT cheerleaders and other babes thread. 

    But I'm ok with D, C, B even A in the right situation.  Hey even our brownies got a few C grades after the day 1 draft.

  • Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

  • Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

    @tour2ma said:

    Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

    Amazing how because they’ve read a few mocks everyone is an expert on who is going to be available and when. 

  • Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

    @tour2ma said:

    Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

    Although I'm not a Mayfield guy by any means, I've said on this board 100 times that the idea of not taking the guy you think is going to lead your franchise at QB #1 is downright moronic in thought. There's zero way to know what the Giants and Jets would have done if we took Barkley instead of Mayfield. It could very well be the Giants or Jets were sold on him, or the Cardinals were chomping at the bit to move to #2 if we didn't take the guy. 

    QB is the ethos of a football team. You don't risk getting the guy you want in the situation the Browns were in, period.

  • Lets be honest, who gives a Sheet about what these pundits think of our draft. They have given us B to A grades the past 5 years, then those draft classes have proceeded to put us in a position to go 0-16.

  • Lets be honest, who gives a Sheet about what these pundits think of our draft. They have given us B to A grades the past 5 years, then those draft classes have proceeded to put us in a position to go 0-16.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Lets be honest, who gives a Sheet about what these pundits think of our draft. They have given us B to A grades the past 5 years, then those draft classes have proceeded to put us in a position to go 0-16.

    I guess they're all grading on massive curve, nobody really gets an F no matter how bad they do......kind of like participation trophies in little league.

    .......oh edit add, just checking out the above NFL.news day 1 & 2 grades in the AFCN the lowest grade was  B+.

    Now we all get to go to the Dairy Queen. 😆