Skip to content

Draft Grades

The Browns Board
77 27 4.4k
  • Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

  • Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    @texasag1969 said:

    Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    I am good with Double Ds;

    Scarjos+double+ds+_7bf140da68e9874b546e7

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Drafttek scored us a lovely Stormy Daniels (double DDs)

    1 Cleveland
    browns_logoslice.jpg
      MayfieldBaker.jpg Baker Mayfield
        Oklahoma
        QB
        Reach/Value:     -10
    Height:
    6'0"
    Weight:
    210


     
     

    Every time I think Cleveland can't out-Brown themselves, they do prove me wrong. Incredible how often that tends to involve a quarterback. It isn't that I don't think Mayfield can succeed in the NFL. I am just not betting on it over Sam Darnold. Mayfield's pathological need for attention isn't making me feel very confident with egos like Jarvis Landry and Josh Gordon on that team. I don't like it, but I am willing to admit I was wrong when he proves it. Wish I could be more optimistic but that's the best I've got. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    2  Danzel Ward CB OSU  

    I was going to use this space to keep complaining about Baker Mayfield but then this happened. Are you kidding me? This has got to be the most bizarre form of evaluating talent that I have ever seen. They took two players that were not valued in the top 5, in the top 5! Are they spinning a wheel in the Draft Room? What is going on? This is beyond my ability to explain. I get the need but the value is awful. I'm getting flashbacks of Johnny Manziel and Justin Gilbert. ~ Austin Smith

    Grade: D

    I am good with Double Ds;

    Scarjos+double+ds+_7bf140da68e9874b546e7

    @the-gipper said:

    I am good with Double Ds;

    Oh yes just check out the HOT cheerleaders and other babes thread. 

    But I'm ok with D, C, B even A in the right situation.  Hey even our brownies got a few C grades after the day 1 draft.

  • Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

  • Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

    @tour2ma said:

    Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

    Amazing how because they’ve read a few mocks everyone is an expert on who is going to be available and when. 

  • Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

    @tour2ma said:

    Dorsey committed to the players he wanted. To split hairs over taking either a few picks early is BS... especially at this point.

    Although I'm not a Mayfield guy by any means, I've said on this board 100 times that the idea of not taking the guy you think is going to lead your franchise at QB #1 is downright moronic in thought. There's zero way to know what the Giants and Jets would have done if we took Barkley instead of Mayfield. It could very well be the Giants or Jets were sold on him, or the Cardinals were chomping at the bit to move to #2 if we didn't take the guy. 

    QB is the ethos of a football team. You don't risk getting the guy you want in the situation the Browns were in, period.

  • Lets be honest, who gives a Sheet about what these pundits think of our draft. They have given us B to A grades the past 5 years, then those draft classes have proceeded to put us in a position to go 0-16.

  • Lets be honest, who gives a Sheet about what these pundits think of our draft. They have given us B to A grades the past 5 years, then those draft classes have proceeded to put us in a position to go 0-16.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Lets be honest, who gives a Sheet about what these pundits think of our draft. They have given us B to A grades the past 5 years, then those draft classes have proceeded to put us in a position to go 0-16.

    I guess they're all grading on massive curve, nobody really gets an F no matter how bad they do......kind of like participation trophies in little league.

    .......oh edit add, just checking out the above NFL.news day 1 & 2 grades in the AFCN the lowest grade was  B+.

    Now we all get to go to the Dairy Queen. 😆

  • The majority of these people handing out grades are not employed by an NFL team for a reason ....they suck .... let them play 3 years then grade them .... 

    @darren15 said:

    The majority of these people handing out grades are not employed by an NFL team for a reason ....they suck .... let them play 3 years then grade them .... 

    That's no fun.

    Assigning grades is a game in itself. Grading drafts is merely an opinion based on how much the analyst believes the players selected will contribute to the team ...THEN  after 3 years we can determine if the analyst was right or wrong.

    We fans are not employed by NFL teams either, but a letter grade could easily be attached to our opinion of how our beloved team did.

  • @darren15 said:

    The majority of these people handing out grades are not employed by an NFL team for a reason ....they suck .... let them play 3 years then grade them .... 

    That's no fun.

    Assigning grades is a game in itself. Grading drafts is merely an opinion based on how much the analyst believes the players selected will contribute to the team ...THEN  after 3 years we can determine if the analyst was right or wrong.

    We fans are not employed by NFL teams either, but a letter grade could easily be attached to our opinion of how our beloved team did.

    @stinkhole said:

    That's no fun.

    Assigning grades is a game in itself. Grading drafts is merely an opinion based on how much the analyst believes the player will contribute to the team ...THEN  after 3 years we can determine if the analyst was right or wrong.

    We fans are not employed by NFL teams either, but a letter grade could easily be attached to our opinion of how our beloved team did.

    Just stop it with awesome posts like this........ 

  • Always been a fan of The Godfather Gil Brandt..Most scouts/gm's have a need to know? Gil's there Man. He finds grades being silly at this point..What I don't find silly is his top 150..Here's where we sit with his players ranked...Mayfield Gil ranked #4//////D.Ward #9//////N.Chubb #34////A.Corbett #62////C.Thomas #144...More than 3/4 of Gil's board is gone..Lots of good WR's are the majority left  

  • Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

    @the-gipper said:

    Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

    No, not really.  Grading is just for fun...see my "awesome " post above.

    Btw...looking forward to your thread analyzing the drafts of the AFCN...know your enemies!

    I was ecstatic about getting Mason Rudolph!!!  I'd be willing to bet that both Rudolph and  the Ravens Lamar Jackson end up far superior QB's over Mayfield.

    I would not be saying this if the Browns had selected Darnold or even Rosen.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

    No, not really.  Grading is just for fun...see my "awesome " post above.

    Btw...looking forward to your thread analyzing the drafts of the AFCN...know your enemies!

    I was ecstatic about getting Mason Rudolph!!!  I'd be willing to bet that both Rudolph and  the Ravens Lamar Jackson end up far superior QB's over Mayfield.

    I would not be saying this if the Browns had selected Darnold or even Rosen.

    @stinkhole said:

    No, not really.  Grading is just for fun...see my "awesome " post above.

    Btw...looking forward to your thread analyzing the drafts of the AFCN...know your enemies!

    I was ecstatic about getting Mason Rudolph!!!  I'd be willing to bet that both Rudolph and  the Ravens Lamar Jackson end up far superior QB's over Mayfield.

    I would not be saying this if the Browns had selected Darnold or even Rosen.

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong ha ha ha haYes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong

  • Voice activation heard me say my boot off when I actually said Rudolph. Nevertheless my boot off might be a good nickname for him

  • @darren15 said:

    The majority of these people handing out grades are not employed by an NFL team for a reason ....they suck .... let them play 3 years then grade them .... 

    That's no fun.

    Assigning grades is a game in itself. Grading drafts is merely an opinion based on how much the analyst believes the players selected will contribute to the team ...THEN  after 3 years we can determine if the analyst was right or wrong.

    We fans are not employed by NFL teams either, but a letter grade could easily be attached to our opinion of how our beloved team did.

    @stinkhole said:

    That's no fun.

    Assigning grades is a game in itself. Grading drafts is merely an opinion based on how much the analyst believes the players selected will contribute to the team ...THEN  after 3 years we can determine if the analyst was right or wrong.

    As long as we don't turn that discernment on ourselves... count me in!
     

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong ha ha ha haYes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong

    Yup... drunk posting...

  • Draft ratings at this point are about as useful as a penny

  • @stinkhole said:

    No, not really.  Grading is just for fun...see my "awesome " post above.

    Btw...looking forward to your thread analyzing the drafts of the AFCN...know your enemies!

    I was ecstatic about getting Mason Rudolph!!!  I'd be willing to bet that both Rudolph and  the Ravens Lamar Jackson end up far superior QB's over Mayfield.

    I would not be saying this if the Browns had selected Darnold or even Rosen.

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong ha ha ha haYes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture.

    Sure, as much a useless gesture as this sports talk message board is.

  • drafts are always disappointing to me.  Whatever team I call mine never drafts the guys I want or mock to them.  The only redemption is I get to usually say I told everyone so when they bust, but actually that is no fun.

  • drafts are always disappointing to me.  Whatever team I call mine never drafts the guys I want or mock to them.  The only redemption is I get to usually say I told everyone so when they bust, but actually that is no fun.

    @sissyboyfloyd said:

    drafts are always disappointing to me.  Whatever team I call mine never drafts the guys I want or mock to them.  The only redemption is I get to usually say I told everyone so when they bust, but actually that is no fun.

    Shmucking awesome post