Skip to content

Draft Grades

The Browns Board
77 27 4.4k
  • Voice activation heard me say my boot off when I actually said Rudolph. Nevertheless my boot off might be a good nickname for him

  • @darren15 said:

    The majority of these people handing out grades are not employed by an NFL team for a reason ....they suck .... let them play 3 years then grade them .... 

    That's no fun.

    Assigning grades is a game in itself. Grading drafts is merely an opinion based on how much the analyst believes the players selected will contribute to the team ...THEN  after 3 years we can determine if the analyst was right or wrong.

    We fans are not employed by NFL teams either, but a letter grade could easily be attached to our opinion of how our beloved team did.

    @stinkhole said:

    That's no fun.

    Assigning grades is a game in itself. Grading drafts is merely an opinion based on how much the analyst believes the players selected will contribute to the team ...THEN  after 3 years we can determine if the analyst was right or wrong.

    As long as we don't turn that discernment on ourselves... count me in!
     

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong ha ha ha haYes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong

    Yup... drunk posting...

  • Draft ratings at this point are about as useful as a penny

  • @stinkhole said:

    No, not really.  Grading is just for fun...see my "awesome " post above.

    Btw...looking forward to your thread analyzing the drafts of the AFCN...know your enemies!

    I was ecstatic about getting Mason Rudolph!!!  I'd be willing to bet that both Rudolph and  the Ravens Lamar Jackson end up far superior QB's over Mayfield.

    I would not be saying this if the Browns had selected Darnold or even Rosen.

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong ha ha ha haYes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture.

    Sure, as much a useless gesture as this sports talk message board is.

  • drafts are always disappointing to me.  Whatever team I call mine never drafts the guys I want or mock to them.  The only redemption is I get to usually say I told everyone so when they bust, but actually that is no fun.

  • drafts are always disappointing to me.  Whatever team I call mine never drafts the guys I want or mock to them.  The only redemption is I get to usually say I told everyone so when they bust, but actually that is no fun.

    @sissyboyfloyd said:

    drafts are always disappointing to me.  Whatever team I call mine never drafts the guys I want or mock to them.  The only redemption is I get to usually say I told everyone so when they bust, but actually that is no fun.

    Shmucking awesome post

  • @stinkhole said:

    That's no fun.

    Assigning grades is a game in itself. Grading drafts is merely an opinion based on how much the analyst believes the players selected will contribute to the team ...THEN  after 3 years we can determine if the analyst was right or wrong.

    As long as we don't turn that discernment on ourselves... count me in!
     

    @the-gipper said:

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong ha ha ha haYes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture. As for me boot off and Jackson being better than Mayfield God only knows so therefore since I am God I know that you will be wrong

    Yup... drunk posting...

    @tour2ma said:

    As long as we don't turn that discernment on ourselves... count me in!
     

    Yup... drunk posting...

    Why do you continue to be stupid about this I am talking into my phone and the voice activation is interpreting it and repeating it that's a plain simple explanation that your deadhead Parrulli can't understand so shut the ShmuckWhy do you continue to be stupid about this I am talking into my phone and the voice activation is interpreting it and repeating it that's a plain simple explanation that your deadhead Parrulli can't understand so shut the

  • @the-gipper said:

    Yes I know it is just for fun but that doesn't make it any less of a completely useless gesture.

    Sure, as much a useless gesture as this sports talk message board is.

    @stinkhole said:

    Sure, as much a useless gesture as this sports talk message board is.

    fair enough Yep

  • drafts are always disappointing to me.  Whatever team I call mine never drafts the guys I want or mock to them.  The only redemption is I get to usually say I told everyone so when they bust, but actually that is no fun.

    @sissyboyfloyd said:

    drafts are always disappointing to me.  Whatever team I call mine never drafts the guys I want or mock to them.  The only redemption is I get to usually say I told everyone so when they bust, but actually that is no fun.

    It's no fun unless your name is GooleyIt's no fun unless your name is Gooley

  • https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/29/nfl-draft-2018-winners-losers

    Well Dorsey gets mentioned by name.

    WSS

  • Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

    @the-gipper said:

    Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

    I would put my faith in the guy who drafted Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce before these NFL wannabes.

    Bashing the Giants for taking Barkley and praising the Ravens for getting Jackson. When Barkley is tearing up the NFL and Jackson crashing and burning these yahoos will no where to be found.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

    I would put my faith in the guy who drafted Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce before these NFL wannabes.

    Bashing the Giants for taking Barkley and praising the Ravens for getting Jackson. When Barkley is tearing up the NFL and Jackson crashing and burning these yahoos will no where to be found.

    @boo-fagley said:

    I would put my faith in the guy who drafted Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce before these NFL wannabes.

    Bashing the Giants for taking Barkley and praising the Ravens for getting Jackson. When Barkley is tearing up the NFL and Jackson crashing and burning these yahoos will no where to be found.

    I bashed Barkley....only as a counter to the slaverly behavior of some toward him. My true feelings about him are that he will be good, but not the savior of mankind that these guys thought.  Jackson, I do think will struggle.  He will have some awesome athletic plays....but as a full time professional QB I am not sure that his skills as a QB were any better than those of JT Barrett....who I believe went undrafted.  

  • @the-gipper said:

    Grading any draft at this point is merely an exercise in ignorance.

    I would put my faith in the guy who drafted Kareem Hunt and Travis Kelce before these NFL wannabes.

    Bashing the Giants for taking Barkley and praising the Ravens for getting Jackson. When Barkley is tearing up the NFL and Jackson crashing and burning these yahoos will no where to be found.

    @boo-fagley said:

    When Barkley is tearing up the NFL and Jackson crashing and burning these yahoos will no where to be found.

    Says a "wannabe"...

  • The good, the bad and the Browns: Teams that defined draft weekend

    https://search.app.goo.gl/ie31X

    Shared from my Google feed

  • The good, the bad and the Browns: Teams that defined draft weekend

    https://search.app.goo.gl/ie31X

    Shared from my Google feed

    @westside-steve said:

    The good, the bad and the Browns: Teams that defined draft weekend

    https://search.app.goo.gl/ie31X

    Shared from my Google feed

    Well....that is just one idiot turd's arsehole opinion.

    Mayfield....WAS..in fact the best QB in college football this year....from all objective measure. 

    And I guess I would have to see the site...but Ward also grades out, talentwise, as well as Chubb, does he not? 

    Let's just make this prediction:    Ward will perform better at HIS position than Chubb will perform at his. 

    So...there is your Hot Take:

    Ward will perform better at CB than Chubb will at DE.

  • First, grading drafts is by and large just another exercise in confirmation bias. The more players you like that a team took, the higher the grade. That said....

    • I keep looking at LAC's draft... they really confirmed my biases.
    • GB grabbed a lot of value in a lot of players... quality and quantity in one draft.
    • Not many players, but NYG sure grabbed quality.
  • Well.....why don't we give Grades to the Draft classes that deserve to be graded at this point:   Those 3 to 5 years ago:

    Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
    2015 1 Danny Shelton 12 NT 2017 0 0 3 16 46                         1.5 Washington
    2015 1 Cameron Erving 19 C 2017 0 0 1 10 42                 0 0 0     Florida St.
    2015 2 Nate Orchard 51 DE 2017 0 0 1 9 34                       1 5.0 Utah
    2015 3 Duke Johnson 77 RB 2017 0 0 0 15 48 0 1 0 0 0 259 1085 5 188 1741 5     Miami (FL)
    2015 3 Xavier Cooper 96 DT 2017 0 0 0 4 40                         3.0 Washington St.
    2015 4 Ibraheim Campbell 115 SS 2017 0 0 0 5 38                           Northwestern
    2015 4 Vince Mayle 123 WR 2017 0 0 0 0 23           2 2 1 0 0 0     Washington St.
    2015 6 Charles Gaines 189 CB 2015 0 0 0 1 6                           Louisville
    2015 6 Malcolm Johnson 195 TE 2016 0 0 0 0 19           1 2 0 9 59 0     Mississippi St.
    2015 6 Randall Telfer 198 TE 2017 0 0 1 0 30                 5 40 0     USC
    2015 7 Hayes Pullard 219 ILB 2017 0 0 0 8 37                       1   USC
    2015 7 Ifo Ekpre-Olomu 241 CB   0 0 0                               Oregon
    Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
    2014 1 Justin Gilbert 8 DB 2016 0 0 0 4 35                       1   Oklahoma St.
    2014 1 Johnny Manziel 22 QB 2015 0 0 0 5 15 147 258 1675 7 7 46 259 1           Texas A&M
    2014 2 Joel Bitonio 35 G 2017 0 0 3 17 47                           Nevada
    2014 3 Christian Kirksey 71 LB 2017 0 0 3 21 64                         11.5 Iowa
    2014 3 Terrance West 94 RB 2017 0 0 1 12 43           465 1816 11 51 344 2     Towson
    2014 4 Pierre Desir 127 DB 2017 0 0 0 5 33                       1   Lindenwood
    Year Rnd Player Pick Pos To AP1 PB St CarAV G Cmp Att Yds TD Int Att Yds TD Rec Yds TD Int Sk College/Univ
    2013 1 Barkevious Mingo 6 LB 2017 0 0 1 16 78                       1 9.0 LSU
    2013 3 Leon McFadden 68 DB 2016 0 0 0 2 34                           San Diego St.
    2013 6 Jamoris Slaughter 175 DB   0 0 0                               Notre Dame
    2013 7 Armonty Bryant 217 DE 2016 0 0 0 4 36                         11.5 East Central (OK)
    2013 7 Garrett Gilkey 227 T 2014 0 0 0 2 22                           Chadron St.

    Give a grade to each of these years.

  • 2013....an F.     No one...including Mingo contributed at all to the Browns...not really

    2014...a B minus I think.    Two solid performers still with Browns, Kirksey/Bito.  (despite the shite at the top of that draft)

    2015.   A C at best.  Three players still here....Orchard/Telfer.   Duke Johnson saves it from a D.