Mayfield is no Brees
-

Almost looks like that psycho Jodi Arias somewhat.'


Nice little perky boobies.
-
The fact you are trying to rationalize cheering for dirtbags says more about you than us.
I have never cheered for you.
I have never cheered for you.
You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan.
-
Semi-fair comment, but were you even here when we drafted Wheezy? There were few that embraced him pre-draft. There were more than a few who "he's ours now" embraced him. But there were a lot of us who were confident he was the mistake he turned out to be.
I'm sorry, that was vague, it was on the message board mjp, Coyote and I were previously on for years that generally wanted nothing to do with Weeden on Wednesday before the draft, but by Friday morning miraculously "slept on it" and decided it was a shrewd move by the Browns. I see a similar reaction to Mayfield. I'm not expecting people to riot, but just asking for a little consistency.
I'm intrigued by the Baker Mayfield Experiment. He was definitely 3rd on my list, but he's not Josh Allen, so thank dog for small miracles...

I'm sorry, that was vague, it was on the message board mjp, Coyote and I were previously on for years that generally wanted nothing to do with Weeden on Wednesday before the draft, but by Friday morning miraculously "slept on it" and decided it was a shrewd move by the Browns. I see a similar reaction to Mayfield. I'm not expecting people to riot, but just asking for a little consistency.
I'm intrigued by the Baker Mayfield Experiment. He was definitely 3rd on my list, but he's not Josh Allen, so thank dog for small miracles...

which board ?
-
I have never cheered for you.
You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan.
You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan.
I am just a fan...that's right. That hopes that the players that my team selected do well. I also hope that they stay clean...and am willing to see that they are given a chance to do so.
So, no, I am not a judgmental, pluperfect prick buggerer who thinks he has a monopoly on righteousness.
And if you don't like the way American sports fans conduct themselves....then go find another sport.
I am sure that the Cricketeers would be glad to have you. That seems like a sport for pious, pompous, tight sphinctered, sanctimonious, pretentious pharisees like you.
-
As you continue swilling PBR and counting your welfare checks so shall I continue supporting and cheering for whichever Sport that *I* choose. Save the cult cowpoop about being a blind follower or not following at all.
-
-
As you continue swilling PBR and counting your welfare checks so shall I continue supporting and cheering for whichever Sport that *I* choose. Save the cult cowpoop about being a blind follower or not following at all.
As you continue swilling PBR and counting your welfare checks so shall I continue supporting and cheering for whichever Sport that *I* choose. Save the cult cowpoop about being a blind follower or not following at all.
You are the one that says he wants blind obeisance to some unattainable standard that you seem to want to impose...on players/fans. A standard you certainly fall far short of yourself. I don't see, based on that...that there is anything or anyone out there for you to root for.
(by the way...they are Social Security checks now...which I worked very hard to earn)
OH WAIT....by the way....maybe there is a guy:
Tim Tebow is playing for the Binghamton team at the Akron Rubber Ducks. So, you should go root for him.
He is a young man with character. Ain't worth spit as either a pro football player or baseball player. But he was good at his level....and so you should stick to your level: only follow holy rollers with minor league talent.
-
You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan.
I am just a fan...that's right. That hopes that the players that my team selected do well. I also hope that they stay clean...and am willing to see that they are given a chance to do so.
So, no, I am not a judgmental, pluperfect prick buggerer who thinks he has a monopoly on righteousness.
And if you don't like the way American sports fans conduct themselves....then go find another sport.
I am sure that the Cricketeers would be glad to have you. That seems like a sport for pious, pompous, tight sphinctered, sanctimonious, pretentious pharisees like you.
I am just a fan...that's right. That hopes that the players that my team selected do well. I also hope that they stay clean...and am willing to see that they are given a chance to do so.
So, no, I am not a judgmental, pluperfect prick buggerer who thinks he has a monopoly on righteousness.
And if you don't like the way American sports fans conduct themselves....then go find another sport.
I am sure that the Cricketeers would be glad to have you. That seems like a sport for pious, pompous, tight sphinctered, sanctimonious, pretentious pharisees like you.
Now, now Gip. Don't pick on this little kid. After all, a child's ego is very fragile.
Mike
-
-
As you continue swilling PBR and counting your welfare checks so shall I continue supporting and cheering for whichever Sport that *I* choose. Save the cult cowpoop about being a blind follower or not following at all.
You are the one that says he wants blind obeisance to some unattainable standard that you seem to want to impose...on players/fans. A standard you certainly fall far short of yourself. I don't see, based on that...that there is anything or anyone out there for you to root for.
(by the way...they are Social Security checks now...which I worked very hard to earn)
OH WAIT....by the way....maybe there is a guy:
Tim Tebow is playing for the Binghamton team at the Akron Rubber Ducks. So, you should go root for him.
He is a young man with character. Ain't worth spit as either a pro football player or baseball player. But he was good at his level....and so you should stick to your level: only follow holy rollers with minor league talent.
You are the one that says he wants blind obeisance to some unattainable standard that you seem to want to impose...on players/fans. A standard you certainly fall far short of yourself. I don't see, based on that...that there is anything or anyone out there for you to root for.
(by the way...they are Social Security checks now...which I worked very hard to earn)
OH WAIT....by the way....maybe there is a guy:
Tim Tebow is playing for the Binghamton team at the Akron Rubber Ducks. So, you should go root for him.
He is a young man with character. Ain't worth spit as either a pro football player or baseball player. But he was good at his level....and so you should stick to your level: only follow holy rollers with minor league talent.
This team is named after Paul Brown, a man who didn't let garbage like Callaway or Mayfield mop floors, much less play. If you want to cheer for a team full of scumbags then go follow the Yinzers or Ratbirds. They love your kind, welfare willy.
-
You are the one that says he wants blind obeisance to some unattainable standard that you seem to want to impose...on players/fans. A standard you certainly fall far short of yourself. I don't see, based on that...that there is anything or anyone out there for you to root for.
(by the way...they are Social Security checks now...which I worked very hard to earn)
OH WAIT....by the way....maybe there is a guy:
Tim Tebow is playing for the Binghamton team at the Akron Rubber Ducks. So, you should go root for him.
He is a young man with character. Ain't worth spit as either a pro football player or baseball player. But he was good at his level....and so you should stick to your level: only follow holy rollers with minor league talent.
This team is named after Paul Brown, a man who didn't let garbage like Callaway or Mayfield mop floors, much less play. If you want to cheer for a team full of scumbags then go follow the Yinzers or Ratbirds. They love your kind, welfare willy.
This team is named after Paul Brown, a man who didn't let garbage like Callaway or Mayfield mop floors, much less play. If you want to cheer for a team full of scumbags then go follow the Yinzers or Ratbirds. They love your kind, welfare willy.
So you're leaving now. OK.
-
According to the Darnold loving Browns executice
After the scouting combine, it was widely assumed that the Cleveland Browns had zeroed in on Sam Darnold as their man at the top of the 2018 draft. However, Cleveland made a late pivot to Baker Mayfield that shocked the NFL world.
Asked Monday what the Browns saw in Mayfield that they didn't see in Darnold, vice president of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith explained that the 2017 Heisman winner's 'it' factor swayed him from his original top grade on Darnold.
"Here's the honest to God's truth," Highsmith said, according to CantonRep.com's Steve Doerschuk. "From the start of his college football season to the end of the season, I had Darnold No. 1 and Baker No. 2, (Josh) Rosen No. 3, (Lamar) Jackson No. 4, and (Josh) Allen after that.
"On our way through everything, you couldn't tell me Darnold wasn't the best. I did all my evaluations of the season. Then comes the part where you meet them off the field. You watch their workouts. You watch everything. And Baker blew me away. Highly, highly intelligent. Highly competitive.
"And he had a trait that some of the good ones have. I call it efficacy. That includes the power to (affect) other people. I thought that of all the quarterbacks I watched, he stood out far and above the other guys. When he walked into a room, you knew he was there."
Darnold didn't have to wait long to hear his name called, as the New York Jets jumped on the talented quarterback at No. 3 overall.
Josh Allen was also in contention to go the Browns but ultimately went seventh overall to the Buffalo Bills. Highsmith said Mayfield's ability to succeed regardless of his supporting cast pushed him ahead of the former Wyoming passer.
"Baker Mayfield lost two receivers and he was the same quarterback,” Highsmith said. "Josh Allen ... big arm ... he could throw the ball from here to the moon. When they have to make excuses ... why are they not completing passes? That's a problem."
-

Almost looks like that psycho Jodi Arias somewhat.'


Almost looks like that psycho Jodi Arias somewhat.'

OMG....

-
I have never cheered for you.
You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan.
You're the trailer trash loser lining up to fellate Drunkard Mayfield and Inmate Callaway, not me. Enjoy swilling cheap beer while you cheer rapists and alcoholics like the typical fat American sports fan.
Um, there's a few guys here with enough money- they could buy a trailer park if they had the mind to. So can the insults, Mr. Holier than Thou. If you're a true old timer, let me remind you if then was now, Jim Brown would be in jail for beating up on women.
So- you like name calling on Mayfield. Yup, he got drunk once that we all know about, that doesn't make him a big time juicer. Got any concrete proof otherwise, other times? You had better be a complete tea-totaler before you play the drunkard card on Baker. You're also way out of line if you don't think after the Manziel fiasco, the Browns didn't have intel on every bar in Norman and interviewed everyone they could think of about Baker's off-field proclivities. PS, as far as we know, Callaway isn't in jail.
You must have forgotten Caleb Brantley had a brush with the law before we drafted him, so why not follow a team that's 100% choir boys? I'll give you a hint- you won't be able to find one.
-

Almost looks like that psycho Jodi Arias somewhat.'

OMG....

OMG....

Yeah, the wife had a interest in the Jodi Arias thing- talk about psycho- it was pretty gruesome Po. I had thoughts about editing out the aftermath. Jodi's doing life without parole now.
BTW, in my former life as a Blood Bank specialist at an inner city hospital- I got to see more than enough ER blood and gore to last a lifetime.
-
According to the Darnold loving Browns executice
After the scouting combine, it was widely assumed that the Cleveland Browns had zeroed in on Sam Darnold as their man at the top of the 2018 draft. However, Cleveland made a late pivot to Baker Mayfield that shocked the NFL world.
Asked Monday what the Browns saw in Mayfield that they didn't see in Darnold, vice president of player personnel Alonzo Highsmith explained that the 2017 Heisman winner's 'it' factor swayed him from his original top grade on Darnold.
"Here's the honest to God's truth," Highsmith said, according to CantonRep.com's Steve Doerschuk. "From the start of his college football season to the end of the season, I had Darnold No. 1 and Baker No. 2, (Josh) Rosen No. 3, (Lamar) Jackson No. 4, and (Josh) Allen after that.
"On our way through everything, you couldn't tell me Darnold wasn't the best. I did all my evaluations of the season. Then comes the part where you meet them off the field. You watch their workouts. You watch everything. And Baker blew me away. Highly, highly intelligent. Highly competitive.
"And he had a trait that some of the good ones have. I call it efficacy. That includes the power to (affect) other people. I thought that of all the quarterbacks I watched, he stood out far and above the other guys. When he walked into a room, you knew he was there."
Darnold didn't have to wait long to hear his name called, as the New York Jets jumped on the talented quarterback at No. 3 overall.
Josh Allen was also in contention to go the Browns but ultimately went seventh overall to the Buffalo Bills. Highsmith said Mayfield's ability to succeed regardless of his supporting cast pushed him ahead of the former Wyoming passer.
"Baker Mayfield lost two receivers and he was the same quarterback,” Highsmith said. "Josh Allen ... big arm ... he could throw the ball from here to the moon. When they have to make excuses ... why are they not completing passes? That's a problem."
"Baker Mayfield lost two receivers and he was the same quarterback,” Highsmith said. "Josh Allen ... big arm ... he could throw the ball from here to the moon. When they have to make excuses ... why are they not completing passes? That's a problem."
I think that's a dumb quote - Highsmith was a fullback and a pro boxer. LOL
http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/article147249004.html
Ex-Wyoming QB says Cowboys’ Josh Allen is ‘real deal’
Mayfield didn't lose his offensive linemen - arguably the best in all of college football. There's that.
It helps immensely to have a dominant offensive line., Mr. Fullback.
Oklahoma football: Sooner 2017 offensive line best in the business
http://newsok.com/article/5559463
Sooners' offensive line ranked best in the nation
Baker's band: All the pieces making OU's offense elite
NORMAN, Okla. -- Last season, Oklahoma's explosive offense was akin to a string quartet, composed of four special skill talents.
Three of those are gone. And yet, the Sooners have been even more devastating this season, behind a full orchestra of versatile playmakers and the best conductor in the game, quarterback Baker Mayfield, utilizing his array of options to historically efficient levels.
"It's unbelievable how explosive we are, and how many weapons we have," said Mayfield, who has taken over the Heisman Trophy conversation while taking the Sooners to the brink of the College Football Playoff with the help of perhaps the deepest offensive skill contingent in the nation.
"I could go on and on about how many guys that could be that guy potentially on any given night," Mayfield said. "We have very talented guys, a great supporting cast, and obviously when you have a great offensive line, it's a pretty good mix right there."
"It's been one of the deepest skill groups I've ever been around," Riley said. "And our guys have had a solid ability to rise when they get their opportunities."
-
having answered that, Alonzo -
here is the real reasoning behind the decision to go with Mayfield - makes sense to me. It will be fun watching these qbs in this draft go through the next couple of years and see who was right.
Personally, I'm really thinking we got the best guy to turn the Browns around now, without waiting for
a whole year.
-
You are the one that says he wants blind obeisance to some unattainable standard that you seem to want to impose...on players/fans. A standard you certainly fall far short of yourself. I don't see, based on that...that there is anything or anyone out there for you to root for.
(by the way...they are Social Security checks now...which I worked very hard to earn)
OH WAIT....by the way....maybe there is a guy:
Tim Tebow is playing for the Binghamton team at the Akron Rubber Ducks. So, you should go root for him.
He is a young man with character. Ain't worth spit as either a pro football player or baseball player. But he was good at his level....and so you should stick to your level: only follow holy rollers with minor league talent.
This team is named after Paul Brown, a man who didn't let garbage like Callaway or Mayfield mop floors, much less play. If you want to cheer for a team full of scumbags then go follow the Yinzers or Ratbirds. They love your kind, welfare willy.
This team is named after Paul Brown, a man who didn't let garbage like Callaway or Mayfield mop floors, much less play. If you want to cheer for a team full of scumbags then go follow the Yinzers or Ratbirds. They love your kind, welfare willy.
Transference. I suspect that you are actually the one receiving welfare.
And you are wrong about Paul Brown......the Bengals legacy of giving people with wayward pasts began with him:
The Bengals' history of second chances started with team founder and Hall of Famer Paul Brown in the Bengals' first season, 1968. In the fourth round, Paul Brown drafted Phillips, a former Michigan State player who was serving a prison sentence for forging a check.
Upon Phillips' release, Mike Brown picked him up and drove him to training camp.
Phillips was "a kid with an engaging personality who has it all in front of him," Paul Brown said at the time. He turned out to be right. Phillips played six years with the Bengals and four more with the Saints, Raiders and Patriots.
In those days, players didn't make enough money to live on and worked off-season jobs to get by. Phillips worked as a mortgage loan officer for Central Trust Bank in Cincinnati and later became a stock trader.
-
having answered that, Alonzo -
here is the real reasoning behind the decision to go with Mayfield - makes sense to me. It will be fun watching these qbs in this draft go through the next couple of years and see who was right.
Personally, I'm really thinking we got the best guy to turn the Browns around now, without waiting for
a whole year.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login