Skip to content

Chad Thomas???

The Browns Board
35 15 1.2k
  • Sorry, this DE is a 4th rounder at best...I watched the U several times and he was a guy that you wouldn't know who he was unless you read his name on the back of his jersey.

  • Sorry, this DE is a 4th rounder at best...I watched the U several times and he was a guy that you wouldn't know who he was unless you read his name on the back of his jersey.

    @undertaker said:

    Sorry, this DE is a 4th rounder at best...I watched the U several times and he was a guy that you wouldn't know who he was unless you read his name on the back of his jersey.

    DraftScout graded him as a 6-7 cusp...

    This is up there with Kessler for length of reach... So maybe it was Hue's pick???

  • This is a weird draft. 

    Every pick IMO feels like somewhat to significantly a reach. 

  • I just did not get him or Corbett at those levels. Dorsey must have been out fetching coffee when those went in.😆

  • I don't know if Highsmith had something to do with this or not...the guy has some talent but he isn't explosive enough to be a big time edge rusher and isn't stout enough to play DT...he reminds me of another Carl Nassib to be honest

  • Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

  • Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

    @cambridgeho said:

    Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

    I would have been quite ok with Garrett and Chubb being the starting DEs, with Ogbah as the rotational back up. 😉

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

    I would have been quite ok with Garrett and Chubb being the starting DEs, with Ogbah as the rotational back up. 😉

    @dutch-oven said:

    I would have been quite ok with Garrett and Chubb being the starting DEs, with Ogbah as the rotational back up. 😉

    Me as well, but that was yesterday. At least we got a Chubb. ?

  • I just did not get him or Corbett at those levels. Dorsey must have been out fetching coffee when those went in.😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    I just did not get him or Corbett at those levels. Dorsey must have been out fetching coffee when those went in.😆

    My friend Jeff Risdon ranked Corbett the 14th best player in the draft - overall. There is no rock hard consensus despite how long we discuss and convince each other we know what players’ Values are.

  • This is a weird draft. 

    Every pick IMO feels like somewhat to significantly a reach. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    This is a weird draft. 

    Every pick IMO feels like somewhat to significantly a reach. 

    "Football guy" seeing what no one else sees... 😉

    @mike-h said:

    My friend Jeff Risdon ranked Corbett the 14th best player in the draft - overall. There is no rock hard consensus despite how long we discuss and convince each other we know what players’ Values are.

    As a ???? OT? OG? OC?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    This is a weird draft. 

    Every pick IMO feels like somewhat to significantly a reach. 

    "Football guy" seeing what no one else sees... 😉

    @mike-h said:

    My friend Jeff Risdon ranked Corbett the 14th best player in the draft - overall. There is no rock hard consensus despite how long we discuss and convince each other we know what players’ Values are.

    As a ???? OT? OG? OC?

    @tour2ma said:

    "Football guy" seeing what no one else sees... 😉

    As a ???? OT? OG? OC?

    Not sure I’ll have to ask. Some guy I discovered at NDT Scouting named Brandon Thorn had an excellent OL breakdown this year. He had Corbett as a G/C. Thinks he’ll play center. First round grade.

  • Jeff says 14 overall no matter what he plays. He thinks LT. OL is a really strange realm, especially once you get into position changes. No real consensus in that position group.

  • Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

    @cambridgeho said:

    Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

    Then why take this guy so high? Someone you’re describing should be a 5th rounder or later

  • The more I reflect on this pick, the more I think he may be our Mo Hurst...

  • The more I reflect on this pick, the more I think he may be our Mo Hurst...

    @tour2ma said:

    The more I reflect on this pick, the more I think he may be our Mo Hurst...

    What I am watching of him, you may be on the money. 

  • The more I reflect on this pick, the more I think he may be our Mo Hurst...

    @tour2ma said:

    The more I reflect on this pick, the more I think he may be our Mo Hurst...

    Watching the Wisky game would indicate he's the 3 DE that slides around the front and interior.

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Any DE  would be rotational for us. We are set at right and left. This guys looks like he has some potential, just needs to be coached up. 

    Then why take this guy so high? Someone you’re describing should be a 5th rounder or later

    @browns149 said:

    Then why take this guy so high? Someone you’re describing should be a 5th rounder or later

    He has great ability and has been rated didferently on different sites. His potential will depend on development, like with most prospects. Regarding who goes where in the draft is a crap shoot, never understood when fans go up in arms for picks. If you look at other teams drafting, there were some head scratchers as well. I leave it to the scouts and just root for who we get, not be mad because we didnt get someone i thought would have been good. When the pick is made, its made. We will see how they pan out. 

  • @browns149 said:

    Then why take this guy so high? Someone you’re describing should be a 5th rounder or later

    He has great ability and has been rated didferently on different sites. His potential will depend on development, like with most prospects. Regarding who goes where in the draft is a crap shoot, never understood when fans go up in arms for picks. If you look at other teams drafting, there were some head scratchers as well. I leave it to the scouts and just root for who we get, not be mad because we didnt get someone i thought would have been good. When the pick is made, its made. We will see how they pan out. 

    @cambridgeho said:

    He has great ability and has been rated didferently on different sites. His potential will depend on development, like with most prospects. Regarding who goes where in the draft is a crap shoot, never understood when fans go up in arms for picks. If you look at other teams drafting, there were some head scratchers as well. I leave it to the scouts and just root for who we get, not be mad because we didnt get someone i thought would have been good. When the pick is made, its made. We will see how they pan out. 

    Very well said. Thanks for being a "voice of reason".

    Mike