Mason Rudolph
-
What steeler fans were high on Dobbs? I like Dobbs. He's a really smart guy but no one wanted a qb last season just as a good majority didn't want another this year. He lasted until the third because he wasn't a need pick but in the third the steelers obviously thought he was tremendous value. It ain't Shmucking rocket science. He fell to the third because we needed a safety and a receiver. The end.
LOL, and the Browns have been doing "value picks" (Frye, McCoy, Weeden, Quinn, Manziel) almost exclusively since 1999. You had better hope the Steelers do better.
LOL, and the Browns have been doing "value picks" (Frye, McCoy, Weeden, Quinn, Manziel) almost exclusively since 1999. You had better hope the Steelers do better.
The steelers draft bpa the majority of the time. He was taken in the third round, I'm not too worried about it.
However every single one of those guys got tossed into starting too early, it's a recipe for failure everytime. Three of those guys were drafted in the first and imo of the three not one was a great value.
-
Every season they aren't in the super bowl is a damn failure. Who plays to get into the playoffs and lose? It's also win at all costs because Ben isn't getting any younger and the pieces are in place.
Prediction/hypothesis: BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.
Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?
Prediction/hypothesis: BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.
Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?
I'm superstitious so I'm not touching this one. I assume Landry Jones is 2nd in command unless Rudolph beats him in camp. Landry is efficient.
-
LOL, and the Browns have been doing "value picks" (Frye, McCoy, Weeden, Quinn, Manziel) almost exclusively since 1999. You had better hope the Steelers do better.
The steelers draft bpa the majority of the time. He was taken in the third round, I'm not too worried about it.
However every single one of those guys got tossed into starting too early, it's a recipe for failure everytime. Three of those guys were drafted in the first and imo of the three not one was a great value.
The steelers draft bpa the majority of the time. He was taken in the third round, I'm not too worried about it.
However every single one of those guys got tossed into starting too early, it's a recipe for failure everytime. Three of those guys were drafted in the first and imo of the three not one was a great value.
Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky. They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.
The Browns just need some of that same kind of luck.
-
Prediction/hypothesis: BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.
Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?
I'm superstitious so I'm not touching this one. I assume Landry Jones is 2nd in command unless Rudolph beats him in camp. Landry is efficient.
I'm superstitious so I'm not touching this one. I assume Landry Jones is 2nd in command unless Rudolph beats him in camp. Landry is efficient.
The 1-14 Browns should have had him beat when they played a couple of years ago. Its just that the Browns did every stupid thing that could possibly be done to lose that game.
-
The steelers draft bpa the majority of the time. He was taken in the third round, I'm not too worried about it.
However every single one of those guys got tossed into starting too early, it's a recipe for failure everytime. Three of those guys were drafted in the first and imo of the three not one was a great value.
Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky. They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.
The Browns just need some of that same kind of luck.
Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky. They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.
The Browns just need some of that same kind of luck.
It's less about luck and more about continuity and a team/draft culture. All the qbs you mentioned had major flags in one way or another but the Browns still took the plunge. Johnny and Quinn were both free falling, weeden was damn near 30. The others were drafted outside the first. Cowher didn't even want to draft Ben but Rooney forced the issue. Sure luck plays a part but some teams are absolutely better about drafting than others. The Steelers for example are a wide receiver factory. Is that luck? Or the process?
-
I'm superstitious so I'm not touching this one. I assume Landry Jones is 2nd in command unless Rudolph beats him in camp. Landry is efficient.
The 1-14 Browns should have had him beat when they played a couple of years ago. Its just that the Browns did every stupid thing that could possibly be done to lose that game.
The 1-14 Browns should have had him beat when they played a couple of years ago. Its just that the Browns did every stupid thing that could possibly be done to lose that game.
What's your point? Bell sat that game as did Brown. The Steelers had the two seed locked up. I certainly don't have delusions of grandeur with Landry. He isn't going to lead the steelers to a super bowl victory but he's a fine back up. I feel much better about Rudolph than I do Jones, especially with the steelers drafting Washington.
-
The steelers draft bpa the majority of the time. He was taken in the third round, I'm not too worried about it.
However every single one of those guys got tossed into starting too early, it's a recipe for failure everytime. Three of those guys were drafted in the first and imo of the three not one was a great value.
Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky. They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.
The Browns just need some of that same kind of luck.
Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky. They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.
The Browns just need some of that same kind of luck.
Well the Steelers did have Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Bubby Brister.
Let's hope we finally got it right with Mayfield.
-
Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky. They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.
The Browns just need some of that same kind of luck.
Well the Steelers did have Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, and Bubby Brister.
Let's hope we finally got it right with Mayfield.
-
Well we didn't draft Tommy and kordell was a second rounder

Stewart was afc offensive player of the year in 01. He would have had a longer career as a wr.
I always thought Cowher tried to make him in to a pocket only passer.. He was more Sprint Read option.. I just think Stewart would have done better without Bill Cowher.. Not saying Cowher was bad... I just didnt think Stewart was a "Steeler" kind of player. He would've been better on a finesse type of team..
-
Yes, the Browns got unlucky with their draft picking of QBs...and the Steelers got lucky. They could have easily had the second coming of Joey Harrington or Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf on their hands...but they didn't. They got a good QB. They got lucky.
The Browns just need some of that same kind of luck.
It's less about luck and more about continuity and a team/draft culture. All the qbs you mentioned had major flags in one way or another but the Browns still took the plunge. Johnny and Quinn were both free falling, weeden was damn near 30. The others were drafted outside the first. Cowher didn't even want to draft Ben but Rooney forced the issue. Sure luck plays a part but some teams are absolutely better about drafting than others. The Steelers for example are a wide receiver factory. Is that luck? Or the process?
It's less about luck and more about continuity and a team/draft culture.
Bullshite arsebag. NO amount of continuity and team culture is going to make a crappy QB a good QB. If the Steelers had drafted Brady Quinn...he would have sucked eggs for them just as much as he sucked eggs for us. If the Browns had drafted BR he would have been good for them just as he was good for the Steelers. You are trying to invent some horse dung that does not exist.
All the qbs you mentioned had major flags in one way or another but the Browns still took the plunge. Johnny and Quinn were both free falling, weeden was damn near 30. The others were drafted outside the first. Cowher didn't even want to draft Ben but Rooney forced the issue. Sure luck plays a part but some teams are absolutely better about drafting than others. The Steelers for example are a wide receiver factory. Is that luck? Or the process?
You take a 6th rounder...and he becomes All Pro...that is basically pure dumb effing luck. The Steelers are a WR factory because they have a great QB throwing to them. They would be a suckarse WR team without BR throwing to them.
-
The 1-14 Browns should have had him beat when they played a couple of years ago. Its just that the Browns did every stupid thing that could possibly be done to lose that game.
What's your point? Bell sat that game as did Brown. The Steelers had the two seed locked up. I certainly don't have delusions of grandeur with Landry. He isn't going to lead the steelers to a super bowl victory but he's a fine back up. I feel much better about Rudolph than I do Jones, especially with the steelers drafting Washington.
What's your point? Bell sat that game as did Brown. The Steelers had the two seed locked up. I certainly don't have delusions of grandeur with Landry. He isn't going to lead the steelers to a super bowl victory but he's a fine back up. I feel much better about Rudolph than I do Jones, especially with the steelers drafting Washington.
My point is that Landry sucks and that it took the worst team in the league to shoot itself in the foot for him to beat them.
And yes, if I were you I would feel better about Rudolph than about Landry....and I guess his teammate James Washington is going to help him. When BR gets hammered and out for the year....you will be able to make your choice between those 2 QBs.
️
-
The pressure really turned up on Ben and Tomlin now.
Super Bowl win this season or everything short of that is just failure.
Bens partially right. Its win now at all costs and quite frankly, Landry Jones played well when Ben was out last season.
Every season they aren't in the super bowl is a damn failure. Who plays to get into the playoffs and lose? It's also win at all costs because Ben isn't getting any younger and the pieces are in place.
-
Well we didn't draft Tommy and kordell was a second rounder

Stewart was afc offensive player of the year in 01. He would have had a longer career as a wr.
I always thought Cowher tried to make him in to a pocket only passer.. He was more Sprint Read option.. I just think Stewart would have done better without Bill Cowher.. Not saying Cowher was bad... I just didnt think Stewart was a "Steeler" kind of player. He would've been better on a finesse type of team..
I always thought Cowher tried to make him in to a pocket only passer.. He was more Sprint Read option.. I just think Stewart would have done better without Bill Cowher.. Not saying Cowher was bad... I just didnt think Stewart was a "Steeler" kind of player. He would've been better on a finesse type of team..
Its a little known fact, but Ghoolie is a big Kordell fan. Like you, he saw the potential.
They first met at Frick park in Pittsburgh when Ghoolie was in town for a Browns game.
-
Every season they aren't in the super bowl is a damn failure. Who plays to get into the playoffs and lose? It's also win at all costs because Ben isn't getting any younger and the pieces are in place.
Prediction/hypothesis: BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.
Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?
Prediction/hypothesis: BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.
Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?
Me thinks that BR is very frustrated with Tomlin. MT has really made some blunders.
BR hated Haley at first, but Haley converted Pitt in to a passing team thereby taking advantage of the new rules. I see Ben calling it quits if they dont at least make it to the Super Bowl this year.
-
Prediction/hypothesis: BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.
Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?
Me thinks that BR is very frustrated with Tomlin. MT has really made some blunders.
BR hated Haley at first, but Haley converted Pitt in to a passing team thereby taking advantage of the new rules. I see Ben calling it quits if they dont at least make it to the Super Bowl this year.
Me thinks that BR is very frustrated with Tomlin. MT has really made some blunders.
BR hated Haley at first, but Haley converted Pitt in to a passing team thereby taking advantage of the new rules. I see Ben calling it quits if they dont at least make it to the Super Bowl this year.
No, the Drama Queen will just create more drama...but he won't call it quits. He lives for the drama and he is an attention whore so there is nothing else in his life that will bring him either of those, so he won't quit. Some may claim that the drafting of Rudolph got his competitive juices revitalized. Perhaps, a bit. Which would just make him like every other player in the NFL whose job is threatened by a younger player.
No, he will just ramp up the drama...that is what Queens like him do:

-
Me thinks that BR is very frustrated with Tomlin. MT has really made some blunders.
BR hated Haley at first, but Haley converted Pitt in to a passing team thereby taking advantage of the new rules. I see Ben calling it quits if they dont at least make it to the Super Bowl this year.
No, the Drama Queen will just create more drama...but he won't call it quits. He lives for the drama and he is an attention whore so there is nothing else in his life that will bring him either of those, so he won't quit. Some may claim that the drafting of Rudolph got his competitive juices revitalized. Perhaps, a bit. Which would just make him like every other player in the NFL whose job is threatened by a younger player.
No, he will just ramp up the drama...that is what Queens like him do:

No, the Drama Queen will just create more drama...but he won't call it quits. He lives for the drama and he is an attention whore so there is nothing else in his life that will bring him either of those, so he won't quit. Some may claim that the drafting of Rudolph got his competitive juices revitalized. Perhaps, a bit. Which would just make him like every other player in the NFL whose job is threatened by a younger player.
No, he will just ramp up the drama...that is what Queens like him do:

He wants to go out a winner, but his body may not last that long.
Now he has a whole new OC to get used to. Pitt is definitely in the conversation, but a lot of moving parts need to come together.
-
It's less about luck and more about continuity and a team/draft culture.
Bullshite arsebag. NO amount of continuity and team culture is going to make a crappy QB a good QB. If the Steelers had drafted Brady Quinn...he would have sucked eggs for them just as much as he sucked eggs for us. If the Browns had drafted BR he would have been good for them just as he was good for the Steelers. You are trying to invent some horse dung that does not exist.
All the qbs you mentioned had major flags in one way or another but the Browns still took the plunge. Johnny and Quinn were both free falling, weeden was damn near 30. The others were drafted outside the first. Cowher didn't even want to draft Ben but Rooney forced the issue. Sure luck plays a part but some teams are absolutely better about drafting than others. The Steelers for example are a wide receiver factory. Is that luck? Or the process?
You take a 6th rounder...and he becomes All Pro...that is basically pure dumb effing luck. The Steelers are a WR factory because they have a great QB throwing to them. They would be a suckarse WR team without BR throwing to them.
-
Prediction/hypothesis: BR gets hammered and is injured and out....for most of the year.
Who do you want in there at QB from your roster?
Me thinks that BR is very frustrated with Tomlin. MT has really made some blunders.
BR hated Haley at first, but Haley converted Pitt in to a passing team thereby taking advantage of the new rules. I see Ben calling it quits if they dont at least make it to the Super Bowl this year.
Me thinks that BR is very frustrated with Tomlin. MT has really made some blunders.
BR hated Haley at first, but Haley converted Pitt in to a passing team thereby taking advantage of the new rules. I see Ben calling it quits if they dont at least make it to the Super Bowl this year.
You realize it was Ben that pretty much forced Haley out right? He was talking retirement and once Haley was out of the picture he said he wanted to play another three to five. You really don't follow along outside your Berea bubble.
-
Well we didn't draft Tommy and kordell was a second rounder

Stewart was afc offensive player of the year in 01. He would have had a longer career as a wr.
I always thought Cowher tried to make him in to a pocket only passer.. He was more Sprint Read option.. I just think Stewart would have done better without Bill Cowher.. Not saying Cowher was bad... I just didnt think Stewart was a "Steeler" kind of player. He would've been better on a finesse type of team..
I always thought Cowher tried to make him in to a pocket only passer.. He was more Sprint Read option.. I just think Stewart would have done better without Bill Cowher.. Not saying Cowher was bad... I just didnt think Stewart was a "Steeler" kind of player. He would've been better on a finesse type of team..
Qb wise I think that's fair. Stewart was a ridiculous athlete.
-
What's your point? Bell sat that game as did Brown. The Steelers had the two seed locked up. I certainly don't have delusions of grandeur with Landry. He isn't going to lead the steelers to a super bowl victory but he's a fine back up. I feel much better about Rudolph than I do Jones, especially with the steelers drafting Washington.
My point is that Landry sucks and that it took the worst team in the league to shoot itself in the foot for him to beat them.
And yes, if I were you I would feel better about Rudolph than about Landry....and I guess his teammate James Washington is going to help him. When BR gets hammered and out for the year....you will be able to make your choice between those 2 QBs.
️
My point is that Landry sucks and that it took the worst team in the league to shoot itself in the foot for him to beat them.
And yes, if I were you I would feel better about Rudolph than about Landry....and I guess his teammate James Washington is going to help him. When BR gets hammered and out for the year....you will be able to make your choice between those 2 QBs.
️
Did you forget how good our line is now? Are teams going to load the box on Ben with his offensive options? Do you watch football? All you do is talk out of your butt. Seriously. You jam that megaphone up your butt and just toot toot your way around like a cartoon character.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login