WR position
-
-
butter fingers!

I supported him...and his injuries...but when you LOSE us a game against the steelers then you go straight to my doghouse. He and Hue are BOTH in there (and RG3). 1st and goal, in OT, on the steelers one yard line....and you call a bubble screen...and we lose. And last year, STANDING...not running or nothin', ALL ALONE, not covered...and you drop a 4th down pass at the steeler eleven, and we lose. - Not against the Tennessee Tuxedos, or the Panthers or something...no, THE STEELERS. That's ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK of the doghouse.
-
The passing game is what's held us back more than anything else. And the wr position has been no small part of it. We haven't had anyone, QB or WR, to scare a defense. Nobody's known how to get open. So hopefully Landry is that guy that gets open. He's been able to do that before. And really, aside from him we've got a bunch of question marks as to how they may perform. It could go either way with the wr unit. It's conceivable that Callaway may not be much help, as rookie wr's many times struggle in their first year in the NFL. Coleman could continue to underimpress. Or they may both play fairly well, as might Gordon, and together with Landry we have a good group.
-
The passing game is what's held us back more than anything else. And the wr position has been no small part of it. We haven't had anyone, QB or WR, to scare a defense. Nobody's known how to get open. So hopefully Landry is that guy that gets open. He's been able to do that before. And really, aside from him we've got a bunch of question marks as to how they may perform. It could go either way with the wr unit. It's conceivable that Callaway may not be much help, as rookie wr's many times struggle in their first year in the NFL. Coleman could continue to underimpress. Or they may both play fairly well, as might Gordon, and together with Landry we have a good group.
The passing game is what's held us back more than anything else. And the wr position has been no small part of it. We haven't had anyone, QB or WR, to scare a defense. Nobody's known how to get open. So hopefully Landry is that guy that gets open. He's been able to do that before. And really, aside from him we've got a bunch of question marks as to how they may perform. It could go either way with the wr unit. It's conceivable that Callaway may not be much help, as rookie wr's many times struggle in their first year in the NFL. Coleman could continue to underimpress. Or they may both play fairly well, as might Gordon, and together with Landry we have a good group.
The mobetta the weapons the harder it is to cover them all. This group has that potential for sure.
-
Just for fun, let's assume Gordon will play all year and not get suspended. Corey won't break his hand, and Antonio Callaway will keep it together. Knock on wood, Landry is very consistent. When you look at those four WR's, it's difficult to find a better group in the NFL. Pittsburgh before they traded Martavis Bryant, for sure...but thank God they traded him. Even so, they have the best WR and Shuster could be REALLY good as well. But when you look at the group of idiots we were running with for most of last year, this year's group looks like "All Madden". The problem is, so many of our WR's have really LARGE question marks, but if we get a little luck (maybe a LOT), we could have a vastly different unit on the field making plays.
I'm hoping beyond hope that we don't trade Corey Coleman. I just have this feeling about him. I completely realize he's been a bust so far, but I just FEEL it. I don't think Corey can be "the guy", but when he's playing alongside the potential best receiver on earth in Gordon, and Landry who catches 100 passes every year, Corey will probably get the defense's #3 CB and I believe he can win that match up virtually every time. Additionally, I think we can get him the ball IN SPACE. Something we haven't done in 2 years because we haven't had the weapons to scare defenses. I hope I get the chance to see if I'm right.
If Gordon is healthy and not suspended for 16 all 16 games, he's going to fart 1000 yards. Njoku could easily double his production, and don't forget about Seth Devalve. Every time I look at our skill positions I start to scratch my head because we literally went from nothing to...well...SOMETHING.
Just for fun, let's assume Gordon will play all year and not get suspended. Corey won't break his hand, and Antonio Callaway will keep it together. Knock on wood, Landry is very consistent. When you look at those four WR's, it's difficult to find a better group in the NFL. Pittsburgh before they traded Martavis Bryant, for sure...but thank God they traded him. Even so, they have the best WR and Shuster could be REALLY good as well. But when you look at the group of idiots we were running with for most of last year, this year's group looks like "All Madden". The problem is, so many of our WR's have really LARGE question marks, but if we get a little luck (maybe a LOT), we could have a vastly different unit on the field making plays.
I'm hoping beyond hope that we don't trade Corey Coleman. I just have this feeling about him. I completely realize he's been a bust so far, but I just FEEL it. I don't think Corey can be "the guy", but when he's playing alongside the potential best receiver on earth in Gordon, and Landry who catches 100 passes every year, Corey will probably get the defense's #3 CB and I believe he can win that match up virtually every time. Additionally, I think we can get him the ball IN SPACE. Something we haven't done in 2 years because we haven't had the weapons to scare defenses. I hope I get the chance to see if I'm right.
If Gordon is healthy and not suspended for 16 all 16 games, he's going to fart 1000 yards. Njoku could easily double his production, and don't forget about Seth Devalve. Every time I look at our skill positions I start to scratch my head because we literally went from nothing to...well...SOMETHING.
Good stuff. I’m hopeful for Coleman too. Mostly because the guy has flashed some skills, and l hate the thought of yet another first round bust.
Another thing going for him, and Higgins and Louis conceivably, is it’s a real young group of receivers. Dorsey seems to like a good balance of vet presence to balance out the rookies, hence the Landry and Janis signings.
Also, if Landry really does do more than slot receiver as Gumby theorized, someone will have to fill that role. Higgins looked good doing it, and conceivably Coleman has the speed, size, and shiftiness to do it. Not sure where Louis fits in, but l hope he turns heads doing whatever that is just cuz l like people named Ricardo.
-
Dorsey didn’t draft Coleman so he could be the odd man out , wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded before the first game
-
What if he then signed Dez Bryant to a 1 year deal? The Browns can afford him.
Contractually Browns can afford Dez Bryant but can a locker room "afford" the possible distractions of a past prime rotational playing Dez Bryant ?
-
Just for fun, let's assume Gordon will play all year and not get suspended. Corey won't break his hand, and Antonio Callaway will keep it together. Knock on wood, Landry is very consistent. When you look at those four WR's, it's difficult to find a better group in the NFL. Pittsburgh before they traded Martavis Bryant, for sure...but thank God they traded him. Even so, they have the best WR and Shuster could be REALLY good as well. But when you look at the group of idiots we were running with for most of last year, this year's group looks like "All Madden". The problem is, so many of our WR's have really LARGE question marks, but if we get a little luck (maybe a LOT), we could have a vastly different unit on the field making plays.
I'm hoping beyond hope that we don't trade Corey Coleman. I just have this feeling about him. I completely realize he's been a bust so far, but I just FEEL it. I don't think Corey can be "the guy", but when he's playing alongside the potential best receiver on earth in Gordon, and Landry who catches 100 passes every year, Corey will probably get the defense's #3 CB and I believe he can win that match up virtually every time. Additionally, I think we can get him the ball IN SPACE. Something we haven't done in 2 years because we haven't had the weapons to scare defenses. I hope I get the chance to see if I'm right.
If Gordon is healthy and not suspended for 16 all 16 games, he's going to fart 1000 yards. Njoku could easily double his production, and don't forget about Seth Devalve. Every time I look at our skill positions I start to scratch my head because we literally went from nothing to...well...SOMETHING.
Good stuff. I’m hopeful for Coleman too. Mostly because the guy has flashed some skills, and l hate the thought of yet another first round bust.
Another thing going for him, and Higgins and Louis conceivably, is it’s a real young group of receivers. Dorsey seems to like a good balance of vet presence to balance out the rookies, hence the Landry and Janis signings.
Also, if Landry really does do more than slot receiver as Gumby theorized, someone will have to fill that role. Higgins looked good doing it, and conceivably Coleman has the speed, size, and shiftiness to do it. Not sure where Louis fits in, but l hope he turns heads doing whatever that is just cuz l like people named Ricardo.
Good stuff. I’m hopeful for Coleman too. Mostly because the guy has flashed some skills, and l hate the thought of yet another first round bust.
Another thing going for him, and Higgins and Louis conceivably, is it’s a real young group of receivers. Dorsey seems to like a good balance of vet presence to balance out the rookies, hence the Landry and Janis signings.
Also, if Landry really does do more than slot receiver as Gumby theorized, someone will have to fill that role. Higgins looked good doing it, and conceivably Coleman has the speed, size, and shiftiness to do it. Not sure where Louis fits in, but l hope he turns heads doing whatever that is just cuz l like people named Ricardo.
"I like people named Ricardo." LMAO
Well, I have bad news for Ricardo. Remember last preseason when we kept hearing about how different he looked and how he was primed for a breakout year? Must've been 3 articles about him. He certainly LOOKED the part, but he never put it together. Now, playing with Kizer certainly didn't help, but we all know Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis wasn't doing himself any favors. I don't recall how many drops he had, but it seemed like a bunch.
All indications are that Corey is working hard, and when someone works hard, good things can happen. He's got a real QB (finally), and he's got talent around him to take the load off. Trading him now makes NO sense, EVEN IF Callaway looks amazing. Why? Because Callaway is a wrong move away from major suspension, and we can't risk it. Callaway is also raw, and I don't see us getting ANY value in trading Coleman. I want to see Coleman catching the ball in SPACE and Haley is one of the best at making that happen. Believe me when I say that most teams will HAVE to double Josh Gordon for many plays. That should help SOMEONE get open.
-
Good stuff. I’m hopeful for Coleman too. Mostly because the guy has flashed some skills, and l hate the thought of yet another first round bust.
Another thing going for him, and Higgins and Louis conceivably, is it’s a real young group of receivers. Dorsey seems to like a good balance of vet presence to balance out the rookies, hence the Landry and Janis signings.
Also, if Landry really does do more than slot receiver as Gumby theorized, someone will have to fill that role. Higgins looked good doing it, and conceivably Coleman has the speed, size, and shiftiness to do it. Not sure where Louis fits in, but l hope he turns heads doing whatever that is just cuz l like people named Ricardo.
"I like people named Ricardo." LMAO
Well, I have bad news for Ricardo. Remember last preseason when we kept hearing about how different he looked and how he was primed for a breakout year? Must've been 3 articles about him. He certainly LOOKED the part, but he never put it together. Now, playing with Kizer certainly didn't help, but we all know Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis wasn't doing himself any favors. I don't recall how many drops he had, but it seemed like a bunch.
All indications are that Corey is working hard, and when someone works hard, good things can happen. He's got a real QB (finally), and he's got talent around him to take the load off. Trading him now makes NO sense, EVEN IF Callaway looks amazing. Why? Because Callaway is a wrong move away from major suspension, and we can't risk it. Callaway is also raw, and I don't see us getting ANY value in trading Coleman. I want to see Coleman catching the ball in SPACE and Haley is one of the best at making that happen. Believe me when I say that most teams will HAVE to double Josh Gordon for many plays. That should help SOMEONE get open.
Why? Because Callaway is a wrong move away from major suspension, and we can't risk it. Callaway is also raw, and I don't see us getting ANY value in trading Coleman. I want to see Coleman catching the ball in SPACE and Haley is one of the best at making that happen. Believe me when I say that most teams will HAVE to double Josh Gordon for many plays. That should help SOMEONE get open.
Uh JG is also a wrong move away from a permanent suspension.
-
What if he then signed Dez Bryant to a 1 year deal? The Browns can afford him.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/19/t-o-participated-in-clevelands-pre-draft-workout-of-josh-rosen/ well they did say Rosen needed to be challenged. still ballin at age 44
-
What if he then signed Dez Bryant to a 1 year deal? The Browns can afford him.
Contractually Browns can afford Dez Bryant but can a locker room "afford" the possible distractions of a past prime rotational playing Dez Bryant ?
Contractually Browns can afford Dez Bryant but can a locker room "afford" the possible distractions of a past prime rotational playing Dez Bryant ?
Could be Bryants last hoorah if things go bad.
Gordon - Landry - Bryant is a pretty nice line up.
-
Contractually Browns can afford Dez Bryant but can a locker room "afford" the possible distractions of a past prime rotational playing Dez Bryant ?
Could be Bryants last hoorah if things go bad.
Gordon - Landry - Bryant is a pretty nice line up.
Could be Bryants last hoorah if things go bad.
Gordon - Landry - Bryant is a pretty nice line up.
Just can't see Bryant as a Brown. He is the opposite of the team building the team is attempting. Bryant would be bitching about not enough targets from day 1.
-
Gordon, Landry, Calloway, Janis, Higgins, Ratley. I really wanted Coleman to be great, but just not seeing it.
The entire BROWNS WR Corp all from Southern or western schools to date, does that say anything about Midwestern football.....or is that just a broad generalization about the game college or pro? Hmmmmm.

The entire BROWNS WR Corp all from Southern or western schools to date, does that say anything about Midwestern football.....or is that just a broad generalization about the game college or pro? Hmmmmm.

New Orleans has to be very thankful our FO didn't think Ohio State's Michael Thomas was worthy of getting more familiar with.
Anyway, to your point - I noticed we have 4 WRs that played college ball in Texas. Let's hope things don't go so bad that the video below turns into some Cleveland Browns football follies in their honor:
-
I see Gordon, Landry, Coleman as our top three with Landy moving to the slot when Coleman is on the field. Coleman should get a lot of good looks because Gordon will get some double teams and Landry has to be accounted for. He will be going against a lot of #3 corners and this is his year to shine.
Calloway is going to be dripped slowly into the offense with some some reverses and home run balls. He will be a special weapon off the bench, and slowly see more action as the season goes on and get more involved.
That leaves "the others" Ratley makes the roster because he was drafted by this administration. Janis makes it as a special team ace. So who is more usesful, Higgins or Ricardo? I give the edge to Ricardo and his skillset, and perhaps more valuable on special teams. Don't be surprised if Ratley gets "injured" and gets stashed on IR and they both stick for another year.
Zombo
-
Could be Bryants last hoorah if things go bad.
Gordon - Landry - Bryant is a pretty nice line up.
Just can't see Bryant as a Brown. He is the opposite of the team building the team is attempting. Bryant would be bitching about not enough targets from day 1.
Just can't see Bryant as a Brown. He is the opposite of the team building the team is attempting. Bryant would be bitching about not enough targets from day 1.
This comment made me think about the following: we are in an enviable position at 'WR mindset'.
We have Gordon and maybe even the recently dad Callaway one suspension away from ending their careers; Coleman, Ricardo and Higgins need to prove they're worth keeping; Ratley is a late round pick and has to earn the position and Janis is in a one year contract.
That leaves Landry "without pressure", but I'd expect a player with a big contract relaxing and not playing as hard maybe in year 3 or 4, but in his first year? I'd say he will show gratitude and bring some of the magic he had in Miami, to say the least.
-
Dorsey didn’t draft Coleman so he could be the odd man out , wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded before the first game
Dorsey didn’t draft Coleman so he could be the odd man out , wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded
Trading him now makes NO sense,
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
-
Dorsey didn’t draft Coleman so he could be the odd man out , wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded
Trading him now makes NO sense,
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
True. You sure don't just want to chuck a former 1st round pick for nothing in return.
PLUS remember Flash Gordon isn't exactly a trustworthy proven commodity yet......hopefully JG, Landry, Coleman and others all click together if so the BROWNS might have something good going on.
-
Why? Because Callaway is a wrong move away from major suspension, and we can't risk it. Callaway is also raw, and I don't see us getting ANY value in trading Coleman. I want to see Coleman catching the ball in SPACE and Haley is one of the best at making that happen. Believe me when I say that most teams will HAVE to double Josh Gordon for many plays. That should help SOMEONE get open.
Uh JG is also a wrong move away from a permanent suspension.
Uh JG is also a wrong move away from a permanent suspension.
Oh, we're all aware, which is why I probably didn't even say anything. On PAPER, we have talented weapons who can score the ball and create mismatches. I can't wait to see if Todd Haley can get Tyrod into position to make it happen.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login