WR position
-
Dorsey didn’t draft Coleman so he could be the odd man out , wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded
Trading him now makes NO sense,
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
True. You sure don't just want to chuck a former 1st round pick for nothing in return.
PLUS remember Flash Gordon isn't exactly a trustworthy proven commodity yet......hopefully JG, Landry, Coleman and others all click together if so the BROWNS might have something good going on.
-
Why? Because Callaway is a wrong move away from major suspension, and we can't risk it. Callaway is also raw, and I don't see us getting ANY value in trading Coleman. I want to see Coleman catching the ball in SPACE and Haley is one of the best at making that happen. Believe me when I say that most teams will HAVE to double Josh Gordon for many plays. That should help SOMEONE get open.
Uh JG is also a wrong move away from a permanent suspension.
Uh JG is also a wrong move away from a permanent suspension.
Oh, we're all aware, which is why I probably didn't even say anything. On PAPER, we have talented weapons who can score the ball and create mismatches. I can't wait to see if Todd Haley can get Tyrod into position to make it happen.
-
Dorsey didn’t draft Coleman so he could be the odd man out , wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded
Trading him now makes NO sense,
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
That's exactly my point as well. You KNOW if we traded Coleman we wouldn't get jack squat for him, so what would be the point? Corey still has vast potential, despite never coming close to realizing it. The pieces are definitely in place for him to have a breakout season, and I hope he takes advantage of them all. As I've said before, we have to figure out ways to get Corey the ball in space. Too many times he had to dive for the ball across the middle, or slow down, or jump...whatever. I want to see him catch some passes in stride and get some YAC. It's what he did so well in college, and I firmly believe that translates to the pros. Don't forget, Corey had multiple terrific catches, especially in the middle, where he had to dive low to make the grab. We obviously remember the 2 awful, inexplicable drops (the TD against the Bengals, and obviously the last game versus Steelers), but the guy was generally the only WR on the team who made tough catches. Suffice to say, Kizer didn't do the guy too many favors. Todd Haley specializes in short passes that maximize yards, and Corey just might have a resurrection because of our new OC.
-
I expected nothing from him after each injury. Only way to know what you have is a full injury free season with the time to get established. I felt the same way about Garrett last year after his injury and then Ogbah's. I think we can reevaluate what we have in the Garrett-Ogbah combo when the season is done injury free for both with real DB support to give them more that 2 seconds to arrive at the QB.
-
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
That's exactly my point as well. You KNOW if we traded Coleman we wouldn't get jack squat for him, so what would be the point? Corey still has vast potential, despite never coming close to realizing it. The pieces are definitely in place for him to have a breakout season, and I hope he takes advantage of them all. As I've said before, we have to figure out ways to get Corey the ball in space. Too many times he had to dive for the ball across the middle, or slow down, or jump...whatever. I want to see him catch some passes in stride and get some YAC. It's what he did so well in college, and I firmly believe that translates to the pros. Don't forget, Corey had multiple terrific catches, especially in the middle, where he had to dive low to make the grab. We obviously remember the 2 awful, inexplicable drops (the TD against the Bengals, and obviously the last game versus Steelers), but the guy was generally the only WR on the team who made tough catches. Suffice to say, Kizer didn't do the guy too many favors. Todd Haley specializes in short passes that maximize yards, and Corey just might have a resurrection because of our new OC.
we have to figure out ways to get Corey the ball in space.
I want to see him catch some passes in stride and get some YAC. It's what he did so well in college
But this isn't college anymore. The DB's are better and faster. He didn't have to run too many routes in college. (...and Corey, you go long.) Can he get separation? Can he create space in the nfl? - I hope so -
-
I agree with both of these statements.
I don't think Dorsey is high at all on Coleman, based on one of his interviews when he said he expects that Coleman will have a big year this year - in a sense like, He BETTER have a big year.
But I also don't think he's just gonna kick him to the curb to a team who offers a 5th rounder or something. Our passing attack has been bad. Anybody that might help it is required on deck this preseason.
That's exactly my point as well. You KNOW if we traded Coleman we wouldn't get jack squat for him, so what would be the point? Corey still has vast potential, despite never coming close to realizing it. The pieces are definitely in place for him to have a breakout season, and I hope he takes advantage of them all. As I've said before, we have to figure out ways to get Corey the ball in space. Too many times he had to dive for the ball across the middle, or slow down, or jump...whatever. I want to see him catch some passes in stride and get some YAC. It's what he did so well in college, and I firmly believe that translates to the pros. Don't forget, Corey had multiple terrific catches, especially in the middle, where he had to dive low to make the grab. We obviously remember the 2 awful, inexplicable drops (the TD against the Bengals, and obviously the last game versus Steelers), but the guy was generally the only WR on the team who made tough catches. Suffice to say, Kizer didn't do the guy too many favors. Todd Haley specializes in short passes that maximize yards, and Corey just might have a resurrection because of our new OC.
That's exactly my point as well. You KNOW if we traded Coleman we wouldn't get jack squat for him, so what would be the point? Corey still has vast potential, despite never coming close to realizing it. The pieces are definitely in place for him to have a breakout season, and I hope he takes advantage of them all. As I've said before, we have to figure out ways to get Corey the ball in space. Too many times he had to dive for the ball across the middle, or slow down, or jump...whatever. I want to see him catch some passes in stride and get some YAC. It's what he did so well in college, and I firmly believe that translates to the pros. Don't forget, Corey had multiple terrific catches, especially in the middle, where he had to dive low to make the grab. We obviously remember the 2 awful, inexplicable drops (the TD against the Bengals, and obviously the last game versus Steelers), but the guy was generally the only WR on the team who made tough catches. Suffice to say, Kizer didn't do the guy too many favors. Todd Haley specializes in short passes that maximize yards, and Corey just might have a resurrection because of our new OC.
Good points made. I am certainly NOT a Coleman fan, but I defer to the experts & we'll see what happens this year as we have 2 QBs who both can throw accurately, thus providing him that YAC opportunity. I'll wait & see what he does with that.
Mike
-
I agree with what you just said...
but I read this earlier:
"sigh"
-
What if he then signed Dez Bryant to a 1 year deal? The Browns can afford him.
Contractually Browns can afford Dez Bryant but can a locker room "afford" the possible distractions of a past prime rotational playing Dez Bryant ?
Contractually Browns can afford Dez Bryant but can a locker room "afford" the possible distractions of a past prime rotational playing Dez Bryant ?
Oh, the possibilities for "Hard Knocks".
"I like people named Ricardo." LMAO
Well, I have bad news for Ricardo. Remember last preseason when we kept hearing about how different he looked and how he was primed for a breakout year? Must've been 3 articles about him. He certainly LOOKED the part, but he never put it together. Now, playing with Kizer certainly didn't help, but we all know Ricardo "Skillet Hands" Louis wasn't doing himself any favors. I don't recall how many drops he had, but it seemed like a bunch.
All indications are that Corey is working hard, and when someone works hard, good things can happen. He's got a real QB (finally), and he's got talent around him to take the load off. Trading him now makes NO sense, EVEN IF Callaway looks amazing. Why? Because Callaway is a wrong move away from major suspension, and we can't risk it. Callaway is also raw, and I don't see us getting ANY value in trading Coleman. I want to see Coleman catching the ball in SPACE and Haley is one of the best at making that happen. Believe me when I say that most teams will HAVE to double Josh Gordon for many plays. That should help SOMEONE get open.
At this stage, you can either catch the ball, or you can't. Until proven otherwise, Coleman can't.
True. You sure don't just want to chuck a former 1st round pick for nothing in return.
PLUS remember Flash Gordon isn't exactly a trustworthy proven commodity yet......hopefully JG, Landry, Coleman and others all click together if so the BROWNS might have something good going on.
Ha Justin Gilbert anyone? First thing Dorsey did was send Kenny Britt out the door. Coleman under performs preseason, he just might get sent packing.
-
cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.
-
All fair points. I really believe, for whatever reason, that Coleman CAN succeed. I mean, the guy was our best offensive player as a rookie during training camp and our Brown and Orange scrimmage. I realize that isn't saying MUCH, but reportedly he was making a ton of plays and putting pressure on defenses. He was never the same after injuries, but I also want to see him play with a real QB.
-
cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.
cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.
Did you expect an up-to-date article from cal?

There's no way Coleman could have been leading a beat-down. His hands would have broken into a million pieces after the first punch.
-
All fair points. I really believe, for whatever reason, that Coleman CAN succeed. I mean, the guy was our best offensive player as a rookie during training camp and our Brown and Orange scrimmage. I realize that isn't saying MUCH, but reportedly he was making a ton of plays and putting pressure on defenses. He was never the same after injuries, but I also want to see him play with a real QB.
All fair points. I really believe, for whatever reason, that Coleman CAN succeed. I mean, the guy was our best offensive player as a rookie during training camp and our Brown and Orange scrimmage. I realize that isn't saying MUCH, but reportedly he was making a ton of plays and putting pressure on defenses. He was never the same after injuries, but I also want to see him play with a real QB.
Injuries? It's not like he blew out an ACL. You can still run with a broken hand. I'm not anti-Coleman but based on his draft position, I expect better.
-
All fair points. I really believe, for whatever reason, that Coleman CAN succeed. I mean, the guy was our best offensive player as a rookie during training camp and our Brown and Orange scrimmage. I realize that isn't saying MUCH, but reportedly he was making a ton of plays and putting pressure on defenses. He was never the same after injuries, but I also want to see him play with a real QB.
Injuries? It's not like he blew out an ACL. You can still run with a broken hand. I'm not anti-Coleman but based on his draft position, I expect better.
-
cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.
cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.
Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".
".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."
-
cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.
Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".
".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."
-
cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.
Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".
".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."
-
cal -that was back in March and I don't think it ended up with any charges against Coleman.
Thanks. lol. Saw "May" and not "Mar".
".....where the heck did my reading glasses go..."
-
-
Yep, it's been ions ago that Cal caught me spelling it that way instead of eons. There, they're, their you go!

Maybe your right.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
