Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @jrb12711 said:

    Again, where the hell are you reading that he can't play for two weeks? Seriously is there something I don't know because everything I've read said this really isn't a big deal.

    It was Tour's hypothetical situation.

    Not being able to throw a football for three weeks is a red flag.

    The Browns are saying he should be fine. Johnny is saying he'll be fine.

    But a "chronic problem" that shuts you down for three weeks before the season starts is something to raise an eyebrow over ... and it very well could effect a roster spot ... especially if this is a recurring thing and he can't can't take full practice reps.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    It was Tour's hypothetical situation.

    Yes it was... and it came from the drastic reduction of the hypothetical, 6-week, PUP non-option...

  • Jon Gruden 'very concerned' about Johnny Manziel's elbow tendinitis

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/jon_gruden_on_johnny_manziels.html

    "Hopefully it's nothing severe, but I'd be very concerned anytime a young quarterback or any quarterback is on the shelf for arm reasons," Gruden said. "I haven't seen that anywhere else in pro football this year."

    Gruden agreed with Browns offensive coordinator John DeFilippo that Manziel's three-quarter release can put undue stress on the elbow.

    "He does have a lot of different awkward deliveries that he makes," Gruden said. "I mean he is almost double-jointed at times. He'll be running to his left, throw the ball against the grain awkwardly, side-armed."

    Last comment makes me wonder if the deep ball to Shane Wynn aggravated the elbow...

  • Zombo very concerned too.

    Cant get near that guy without a red flag smacking you in the face.

    Z

  • anyone calling QB as the first pick next year?

  • ^^^^ Zombo, That's just damn Funny..(wait for it)

  • Well answers will be in by tomorrow afternoon's 53 announcement.

  • Zombo very concerned too.

    Cant get near that guy without a red flag smacking you in the face.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Zombo very concerned too.

    Cant get near that guy without a red flag smacking you in the face.

    Z

    And I am very concerned as well because last night showed me that Thad Lewis cannot play QB in this league at all really.

  • Zombo said:

    Zombo very concerned too.

    Cant get near that guy without a red flag smacking you in the face.

    Z

    And I am very concerned as well because last night showed me that Thad Lewis cannot play QB in this league at all really.

    @the-gipper said:

    And I am very concerned as well because last night showed me that Thad Lewis cannot play QB in this league at all really.

    Judging from Pet's post game comments, slightly throwing Thad under the bus a couple times, I'd say he's gone.

    So I hope Johnny is ready to handle a football this week and every week.

    Zombo

    --I think Tour has been right all along ... TP will be our third QB.

  • JFF injured is still a hell of a lot better than Thad.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And I am very concerned as well because last night showed me that Thad Lewis cannot play QB in this league at all really.

    Judging from Pet's post game comments, slightly throwing Thad under the bus a couple times, I'd say he's gone.

    So I hope Johnny is ready to handle a football this week and every week.

    Zombo

    --I think Tour has been right all along ... TP will be our third QB.

    Zombo said:

    Judging from Pet's post game comments, slightly throwing Thad under the bus a couple times, I'd say he's gone.

    So I hope Johnny is ready to handle a football this week and every week.

    Zombo

    --I think Tour has been right all along ... TP will be our third QB.

    I didn't hear that, would like to see the transcript if you have it.

  • Zombo said:

    Judging from Pet's post game comments, slightly throwing Thad under the bus a couple times, I'd say he's gone.

    So I hope Johnny is ready to handle a football this week and every week.

    Zombo

    --I think Tour has been right all along ... TP will be our third QB.

    I didn't hear that, would like to see the transcript if you have it.

    @the-gipper said:

    I didn't hear that, would like to see the transcript if you have it.

    Blamed pick 6 on Thad, not Mayle. Blamed Pryor not getting any targets on the "quarterback coming out too fast" or something along those lines.

    Z

  • BIg news: Johnny has graduated from tennis balls to "weighted balls"

    With a some luck, soon his little arm will be able to throw a football.

    Zombo

    --Seeing as it is sort of a job requirement

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/mike_pettine_says_johnny_manzi_3.html

  • like a 'baby's arm holding an apple'?

  • BIg news: Johnny has graduated from tennis balls to "weighted balls"

    With a some luck, soon his little arm will be able to throw a football.

    Zombo

    --Seeing as it is sort of a job requirement

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/mike_pettine_says_johnny_manzi_3.html

    What do you want from life?

    Zombo said:

    BIg news: Johnny has graduated from tennis balls to "weighted balls"

    Had to be a tennis-elbow joke in there somewhere...

  • What do you want from life?

    Zombo said:

    BIg news: Johnny has graduated from tennis balls to "weighted balls"

    Had to be a tennis-elbow joke in there somewhere...

    @tour2ma said:

    What do you want from life?

    Had to be a tennis-elbow joke in there somewhere...

    I was about to type it in dammit! 😮

  • Good to see Johnny making progress. He will throw a football soon!

  • I am no JFF fanboy, I am just calling it like I see it.. McCown looked really good in that opening drive.. There is no doubt he is a leader and he was very poised and the offense seemed to respond to him.

    But here is the problem and it was what I was afraid of going into this season.... He is old and I was afraid he was going to get injured.. It is a given that as a Browns QB at this point in our growth that the QB is going to get hit or he is going to have to be mobile and avoid getting hit..

    Josh was Stupid/Admirable to make that run at the end zone, but he runs like a freaking Giraffe with a sprained ankle. He can cover ground pretty fast but he just look like he is one good hit away from going out of the game(and that is exactly what happened).. He was sacked or hit earlier in that drive(can't remember which) and he came up limping a bit and that got me worried.

    Chances are that Josh will be out for 2 to 3 weeks if they follow most concussion protocols. He took a really good hit to the head(which should have been a penalty in my opinion regardless if he is a runner at that point)... So this means that Johnny is the man for now..

    Manziel showed a lot of growth and to be honest he looked damn good in the first half and into the beginning of the second half... He stood in the pocket when he had to, and I need to say that for the first 2/3'rds of the game our OLine did a great job giving both QB's time!! But when things broke down he scrambled very well and gained two HUGE chunks of yardage. But both were called back on holding penalties that did absolutely nothing to spring him loose...

    The interception was HORRIBLE and was entirely his fault...

    But the play calling never changed when Josh went out and Johnny came in.. I have to say that we lost this game because the offensive play calling was fucking awful.... Run up the middle on 1st, even though it didn't work all game.. We were down by 14 point going into the 3rd and we made NO adjustments to the play calling.. 2nd and long, short dump pass and get 2 or 3.. Leaveing Johnny with 3rd and 9.. PENALTY!! Now its 3rd and 14...

    By the middle of the 3rd quarter it was obvious we were desperate and yet the play calling stayed the fucking same.. This was when Johnny started to try and take it on all himself because he is not one to just lie down.. That is when he fumbled the ball when he bounced off one of our linemen and he got stripped..

    I think with Johnny getting 1st team reps in practice this week, the linemen will learn to stop being an impediment to his running game.. He is MUCH faster this year and seems to have a better grasp of the team..

    He will likely suck BIG TIME this year, but I see growth potential that wasn't there last year AT ALL! He looks like a rookie ready to step up as opposed to last year where he just looked like a 5 year old being chased by teen agers wanting to beat him up and take his lunch money... He is in the game now.. Only a year of 1st team reps are going to tell us whether it is worth investing any more time on him.....

    Robert

  • I am no JFF fanboy, I am just calling it like I see it.. McCown looked really good in that opening drive.. There is no doubt he is a leader and he was very poised and the offense seemed to respond to him.

    But here is the problem and it was what I was afraid of going into this season.... He is old and I was afraid he was going to get injured.. It is a given that as a Browns QB at this point in our growth that the QB is going to get hit or he is going to have to be mobile and avoid getting hit..

    Josh was Stupid/Admirable to make that run at the end zone, but he runs like a freaking Giraffe with a sprained ankle. He can cover ground pretty fast but he just look like he is one good hit away from going out of the game(and that is exactly what happened).. He was sacked or hit earlier in that drive(can't remember which) and he came up limping a bit and that got me worried.

    Chances are that Josh will be out for 2 to 3 weeks if they follow most concussion protocols. He took a really good hit to the head(which should have been a penalty in my opinion regardless if he is a runner at that point)... So this means that Johnny is the man for now..

    Manziel showed a lot of growth and to be honest he looked damn good in the first half and into the beginning of the second half... He stood in the pocket when he had to, and I need to say that for the first 2/3'rds of the game our OLine did a great job giving both QB's time!! But when things broke down he scrambled very well and gained two HUGE chunks of yardage. But both were called back on holding penalties that did absolutely nothing to spring him loose...

    The interception was HORRIBLE and was entirely his fault...

    But the play calling never changed when Josh went out and Johnny came in.. I have to say that we lost this game because the offensive play calling was fucking awful.... Run up the middle on 1st, even though it didn't work all game.. We were down by 14 point going into the 3rd and we made NO adjustments to the play calling.. 2nd and long, short dump pass and get 2 or 3.. Leaveing Johnny with 3rd and 9.. PENALTY!! Now its 3rd and 14...

    By the middle of the 3rd quarter it was obvious we were desperate and yet the play calling stayed the fucking same.. This was when Johnny started to try and take it on all himself because he is not one to just lie down.. That is when he fumbled the ball when he bounced off one of our linemen and he got stripped..

    I think with Johnny getting 1st team reps in practice this week, the linemen will learn to stop being an impediment to his running game.. He is MUCH faster this year and seems to have a better grasp of the team..

    He will likely suck BIG TIME this year, but I see growth potential that wasn't there last year AT ALL! He looks like a rookie ready to step up as opposed to last year where he just looked like a 5 year old being chased by teen agers wanting to beat him up and take his lunch money... He is in the game now.. Only a year of 1st team reps are going to tell us whether it is worth investing any more time on him.....

    Robert

    @bobpound said:

    I have to say that we lost this game because the offensive play calling was fucking awful....

    With this, I agree......just awful.....

  • that and a truck load of stupid self-inflicted penalties close to record setting status..

    dray makes that first catch from mccown things would be MUCH different. mccown healthy and we win by 20.

  • A lot of the penalties were bullshit if you ask me. Fucking refs were amateurs.