Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
The raiders have given up 33 points exactly in both games so far, at home. We should be able to score on them, as long as we can deal with Mack and Tuck. Stopping their run will be key, and I think Haden will be fine with Cooper, Williams with Crabtree. I see a W.
-
I am a fan of whomever can play QB for the Cleveland Browns and win games.
And you know why I am hoping it is JMZ? Because he is the current top QB prospect we have going for this team. And I hope he can do it for the next 10-12 years. (I mean....how long have Brady/Brees/Eli/BR/Rivers been playing for their team?)
If he isn't....and we have to on to Austin Davis....so be it. I just don't want o wait another 2 years to find "the guy".
-
I've been as critical of Sideshow Johnny as anyone on here. But I have to admit he's starting to grow on me a little. We have a favorable matchup next week against Oakland that I believe would be a perfect fit for Manziel to take advantage of. I'd start him again to build his confidence and see if we have a trend starting. I think we all have to admit, the little fucker played like a Brown yesterday.
GO BROWNS !!!
I've been as critical of Sideshow Johnny as anyone on here. But I have to admit he's starting to grow on me a little. We have a favorable matchup next week against Oakland that I believe would be a perfect fit for Manziel to take advantage of. I'd start him again to build his confidence and see if we have a trend starting. I think we all have to admit, the little fucker played like a Brown yesterday.
As anyone?

Hey, what's was not to like this week??? no turnovers... two TD bombs... no money signs...
cmon guys...Mack isnt horrible or scary bad.....sheesh.....
Maybe not playing A+ ball....I agree......but still holding his own......got a few plays he'd like back, Im sure.....but lets not get carried away with the "he sucks" stuff.....just isnt true.....
Dammit, Mud... You cannot be reasonable on overreaction Monday!
-
I've been as critical of Sideshow Johnny as anyone on here. But I have to admit he's starting to grow on me a little. We have a favorable matchup next week against Oakland that I believe would be a perfect fit for Manziel to take advantage of. I'd start him again to build his confidence and see if we have a trend starting. I think we all have to admit, the little fucker played like a Brown yesterday.
As anyone?

Hey, what's was not to like this week??? no turnovers... two TD bombs... no money signs...
cmon guys...Mack isnt horrible or scary bad.....sheesh.....
Maybe not playing A+ ball....I agree......but still holding his own......got a few plays he'd like back, Im sure.....but lets not get carried away with the "he sucks" stuff.....just isnt true.....
Dammit, Mud... You cannot be reasonable on overreaction Monday!
-
Really? Like we give a shit what a bunch of goat ropers think of this city?
Notwithstanding.....the city was beautiful this weekend. Perfect weather. Alive and hopping. Incredible vistas.
Goat ropers? Really? I never met any when I was there. Now sheep fuckers.
.......................that's a different story altogether. 
Goat ropers? Really? I never met any when I was there. Now sheep fuckers.
.......................that's a different story altogether. 
I thought more like steer fuckers.
-
Really? Like we give a shit what a bunch of goat ropers think of this city?
Notwithstanding.....the city was beautiful this weekend. Perfect weather. Alive and hopping. Incredible vistas.
Goat ropers? Really? I never met any when I was there. Now sheep fuckers.
.......................that's a different story altogether. 
Goat ropers? Really? I never met any when I was there. Now sheep fuckers.
.......................that's a different story altogether. 
Well, you are obviously more familiar with the perversions of the Texas Hill folk.
-
Goat ropers? Really? I never met any when I was there. Now sheep fuckers.
.......................that's a different story altogether. 
I thought more like steer fuckers.
I thought more like steer fuckers.
Actually, Dumb Ass Texans basically hits it on the head.
I mean, look....when you are asked to come up with a name for a new team in your state, and the best they can find is a name that has already been used 3 times earlier....and all it is is the name of the state itself? Those are some prime cut DumbAsses.
-
I am a fan of whomever can play QB for the Cleveland Browns and win games.
And you know why I am hoping it is JMZ? Because he is the current top QB prospect we have going for this team. And I hope he can do it for the next 10-12 years. (I mean....how long have Brady/Brees/Eli/BR/Rivers been playing for their team?)
If he isn't....and we have to on to Austin Davis....so be it. I just don't want o wait another 2 years to find "the guy".
I am a fan of whomever can play QB for the Cleveland Browns and win games.
And you know why I am hoping it is JMZ? Because he is the current top QB prospect we have going for this team. And I hope he can do it for the next 10-12 years. (I mean....how long have Brady/Brees/Eli/BR/Rivers been playing for their team?)
If he isn't....and we have to on to Austin Davis....so be it. I just don't want o wait another 2 years to find "the guy".
Same here. I'll always root for our team players. It is easier to root for him now that he's matured and his lover boys have all but fled the forum. I'm sure they'll start pouring back in soon.
-
dude. we beat the titans at home. love what the kid did yesterday but it's like betting on a hot horse....cool your jets (loss) before we anoint him king shit.
i'd still draft QB #1 next year.
-
-
Sit him. McCown was the starter until injury, only right he be given his chance to show how he'd do without the concussion - which is quite decent.
Johnny still has plenty of time for learning and growth. Yesterday should only add fuel to that fire. IF he truly enjoys winning more than anything, being
named the backup will drive him that much more to succeed.
-
Man, when Tour's leaning more towards starting Johnny than I am I know I've become too hard on the kid. Certainly, even if Josh DOES get the nod, today gave the staff the comfort to cut Josh's leash by about 80%. Prior to these last two games I don't think they would have benched Josh until he strung together about 3 pretty bad games in a row. Basically the same as Hoyer. Now, 2 bad quarters and he's probably out (that's IF he even starts).
Some say that only leads to bad outcomes. Usually I agree, but our situation is different because Josh knows his role and doesn't have huge ambitions and Johnny is also completely trusting of the staff's decisions one way or the other (at least I think/hope so). The attitude improvement in our top two QBs from 2014 to 2015 is jaw-dropping.
Man, when Tour's leaning more towards starting Johnny than I am I know I've become too hard on the kid.
lol... How's it feel to be a "hater"?
And on your clock training exercise... two words... Adrian Petersen...
Pettines dilemma is do you go with him and see if he's the guy and risk a back slide?.....or do you go with your veteran starter, knowing Johnny will get another chance somewhere down the line?.....
Im taking the same road as Tour on this one......meaning I dont give Johnny the job....But I do give him one more game......keep Josh in the garage for a little extra healing....hook the short leash on Johnny and take him for another walk......
Depends on the size of the backslide risk doesn't it? And by now... with the TN game graded and the OAK scouting reports in... the staff likely has a pretty good feel of its size.
If the size is judged small enough then the "extra healing" rationale is convenient. And while no one will swallow it whole, it's credible enough to buy JM another week, yet keep the back door open for a Week 4 Josh start, if need be.
If the size is too great, then "JM did well and we would have no hesitation turning to him again, but McCown was our Game 1 starter and is healthy enough to return to that role... the role he earned in camp".
-
So what is the concensus around here? Start him or Sit him. I'm for starting him from here on in....good, bad, or indifferent.
So what is the concensus around here? Start him or Sit him. I'm for starting him from here on in....good, bad, or indifferent.
I'm a little conflicted on this one. The biggest problem us Browns fans have is we are so quick to start a rookie QB instead of just sitting back and letting him learn. I know we had a great win yesterday, but we really need Josh to start and let Johnny sit back and learn. For the most part, I'm still not sure he is will take us to the promise land. But I still say let Josh start and have Johnny learn like the good teams do. If he's our guy, perhaps later he can come in and take us perhaps to the playoffs. Otherwise, we might have to draft a guy for the future. And who knows, perhaps we can get to the playoffs with Josh. Of course, we still know he's not our future.
-
Goat ropers? Really? I never met any when I was there. Now sheep fuckers.
.......................that's a different story altogether. 
I thought more like steer fuckers.
I thought more like steer fuckers.
Goat-fuckers...
They put the goat's rear legs in their cowboy boots...
... think it's what is meant by "animal husbandry".
-
I think...that the Tenn. defense made changes to dial up the pressure on Johnny,
They made adjustments, and JM was looking at new ways to mess with the
qb.
McCown has seen it all - knows how to counter it.
-
And here he is: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/merril_hoge_knot_down_on_johnn.html
LMAO... I simply cannot compete with that kind of pro-caliber flip-flopping...
-
I think...that the Tenn. defense made changes to dial up the pressure on Johnny,
They made adjustments, and JM was looking at new ways to mess with the
qb.
McCown has seen it all - knows how to counter it.
I think...that the Tenn. defense made changes to dial up the pressure on Johnny,
They made adjustments, and JM was looking at new ways to mess with the
qb.
McCown has seen it all - knows how to counter it.
Great point. I lean toward McCown for this reason as well, but I still think the Browns will start Manziel. Look at it from this perspective - if Josh starts and loses, Pettine will get a ton of criticism. Much more than if Manziel loses.
-
I thought more like steer fuckers.
Goat-fuckers...
They put the goat's rear legs in their cowboy boots...
... think it's what is meant by "animal husbandry".
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login