Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • It should also be clear that Cardale is a project as well

  • oh I god pls no Cardale. Cardale is a bigger project than JM at this point. That dude's regressed considerably. I want no part of him. Only Buckeyes at this point I would really want on the team are Bosa, Zeke and maybe Braxton (as a WR). Remains to be seen if Barrett is NFL material...that's gonna get sorted out here shortly.

  • 2005

    The Packers went 4-12, with a 36-year old Favre at the helm, the year they drafted Rodgers. He threw 16 passes, 9 of which were caught. He also threw one interception. I'm sure the fans were calling for their rookie first round QB plenty, yet he barely saw the field.

    2006

    Sherman gets fired after that season and McCarthy takes over. Instead of starting his shiny new hood ornament, he puts Rodgers in QB school for six hours a day. Rodgers barely plays at all again this season, despite the Packers being 8-8 and Favre having one of his worst seasons as Green Bay Packer.

    2007

    Favre decides to return for one more year, despite 2005 and 2006 being two of his worst four years in Green Bay. Rodgers plays decent in spot duty.

    Josh McCown is no Brett Favre, I understand that. And Manziel is no Aaron Rodgers, I understand that too. But the point remains the same - Favre wasn't playing up to his normal standard, the team wasn't winning, yet the FO stayed the course with Rodgers.

    McCown, on the other hand, is playing completely out of character, we're losing close games to good teams, and people are still yearning for Manziel?

    Just shut the hell up and watch the games...that's it.

  • Zombo said:

    Let's meet our other QB's ladies:

    Natalie McCown & the four McCown kids:

    josh-mccowns-wife-natalie-mccown-pics.jp

    IFnuO4ST.jpeg

    Austin Davis' wife Heather, they were college sweethearts.

    austin-davis-wife-heather-evans-davis-ph

    Not really seeing any coke whores ... so that's a good sign.

    Zombo

    Wish they were....I'ld get an 8 ball and set a single game YAK record! OUU-LA-LA

    @bigbambo said:

    Wish they were....I'ld get an 8 ball and set a single game YAK record! OUU-LA-LA

    Johnnys girl looks like she would vac an 8 ball as a primer.....

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I think it's pretty clear what he has.

    A playground mentality.....on and off the field.

    A lack of talent at this level.

    Uh oh, I agree with a Steeler fan.

    If Johnny was so good, he would have won the job by now. He can sit as far as I'm concerned, McCown is playing well.

  • I'd trade him for whatever we can get and move forward without the controversy. But I'm not a gm. I'm just some guy.

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I think it's pretty clear what he has.

    A playground mentality.....on and off the field.

    A lack of talent at this level.

    Uh oh, I agree with a Steeler fan.

    If Johnny was so good, he would have won the job by now. He can sit as far as I'm concerned, McCown is playing well.

    @bob806 said:

    If Johnny was so good, he would have won the job by now. He can sit as far as I'm concerned, McCown is playing well.

    Or the front office staff has more foresight than "HEY MANZIEL CAN WIN A GAME RIGHT NOW AGAINST THE TITANS"

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    True.....but like I said in another post, get rid of the things that perpetuate the "dysfunctional" label. And his on field talent wouldn't be hard to replace. I will give you $50 to take Vick?

    Browns could have had Vick if they wanted him....for less than $50.00.

    But....here is the clue: who knows which things here are the dysfunctional things and which are not. (In terms of team management, not players). In the past the people brought in to solidify things....to get rid of the dysfunction, only poured gas on the flames......like Banner/Lombardi/Savage/Holmgren etc. etc.

    Of course part of their dysfunction has been in selecting the wrong players...in the draft and elsewhere.

    Picking Gilbert and JFF in the draft.....signing Dwayne Bowe? Not a good resume for Farmer and his talent evaluation skills. But what? Fire him and go get another guy. Switch gears again for the umpteenth time?

    Farmer and Pettine are supposed to be the antidote.....but are they?

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    I like what I see and hear with Pettine but that and $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee. There is enough evidence to support a change at GM, Farmer is one of the dysfunctions.

    Smart move on theBrowns part, Vick is just terrible! He was never really a quality QB but the NFL's incessant drive to find an elite black QB kept him in the hunt.

    Well, if you are talking 2001....maybe the league was looking for an elite black QB.....but not 2015. They have Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, Bridgewater, Winston, Newton, maybe another one or two quality Af-Am QBs. They don't need Vick for that, at all.

  • How many losses till we see Manziel??

    Let's see...

    135 give or take a couple...

  • @cdl15 said:

    Its sad that this is a legit question in year 2

    It isn't a legitimate question.

    So there's that.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    It isn't a legitimate question.

    So there's that.

    WSS

    38 replies. 40 votes and thread labeled hot. So then there's that. Don't hate. It totally a legit question.

  • I normally loathe reading Tony Grossi, but at least he's asking the same question I am.

    Where in the hell was Farmer, Haslam, or even Scheiner Monday afternoon while the HC is being grilled about JM?

    Let's face it, Pettine isn't the guy responsible for bringing the circus to town.

    Great read. . .

    http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=50661

  • Because the coach is the face of the team.

    Not the general manager, not the owner and not the president. Tony Grossi has been anti Johnny since before he came to Cleveland.

    WSS

  • @douche-nozzle said:

    No.....I was referring to Vick's lauded travels. He was an amazing athlete who couldn't play the QB position but was hyped due to his heritage. Then he commits atrocities and goes to jail and is then mentored by the NFL (Tony Dungee) to bring him back for one more attempt at being the first elite black QB. Then he is kept around when he is absolute garbage.

    Sad but true.

    As far as the others you mention, you can see they did the same thing with Kaepernick, and it's waaaay too early to tell with Winston and Newton who are probably the best of the bunch.

    Winston, yes, way to early. But Newton has proven his capability as an NFL QB. Not superstardom yet. Needs more success in postseason...but he seems to on his way. I would take him now.

  • @westside-steve said:

    It isn't a legitimate question.

    So there's that.

    WSS

    38 replies. 40 votes and thread labeled hot. So then there's that. Don't hate. It totally a legit question.

    @cdl15 said:

    38 replies. 40 votes and thread labeled hot. So then there's that. Don't hate. It totally a legit question.

    Don't hate? Coming from you? That's rich. It still isn't a legitimate question it's bullshit no matter how many fish nip at the rubber worm.

    Like I said if he'd gotten a DUI, or if the crazy bitches face had been smashed up, as it would have been had he bounced her mug off the dashboard... it might be legitimate to wonder what to do with him.

    Think about it. If this story or about a Pittsburgh Steeler who had a loud and noisy fight with his head of a girlfriend even we wouldn't give a shit.

    The only correct answer is to cut him if he can't play, (whether he goes to church or a combination beer joint whorehouse crackhouse opium den). And if he can, just get the fuck over it.

    WSS

  • Because the coach is the face of the team.

    Not the general manager, not the owner and not the president. Tony Grossi has been anti Johnny since before he came to Cleveland.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Because the coach is the face of the team.

    Not the general manager, not the owner and not the president. Tony Grossi has been anti Johnny since before he came to Cleveland.

    WSS

    Is he a HC or JM apologist?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Because the coach is the face of the team.

    Not the general manager, not the owner and not the president. Tony Grossi has been anti Johnny since before he came to Cleveland.

    WSS

    Is he a HC or JM apologist?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Is he a HC or JM apologist?

    There's no apology needed for the situation. He's the head coach and he's the guy you ask no matter what's going on with the team. I would say instead of getting your panties in a bunch about this he might want to be the apologist for the highest paid defense in the league.

    WSS

  • @cdl15 said:

    38 replies. 40 votes and thread labeled hot. So then there's that. Don't hate. It totally a legit question.

    Don't hate? Coming from you? That's rich. It still isn't a legitimate question it's bullshit no matter how many fish nip at the rubber worm.

    Like I said if he'd gotten a DUI, or if the crazy bitches face had been smashed up, as it would have been had he bounced her mug off the dashboard... it might be legitimate to wonder what to do with him.

    Think about it. If this story or about a Pittsburgh Steeler who had a loud and noisy fight with his head of a girlfriend even we wouldn't give a shit.

    The only correct answer is to cut him if he can't play, (whether he goes to church or a combination beer joint whorehouse crackhouse opium den). And if he can, just get the fuck over it.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Don't hate? Coming from you? That's rich. It still isn't a legitimate question it's bullshit no matter how many fish nip at the rubber worm.

    Like I said if he'd gotten a DUI, or if the crazy bitches face had been smashed up, as it would have been had he bounced her mug off the dashboard... it might be legitimate to wonder what to do with him.

    Think about it. If this story or about a Pittsburgh Steeler who had a loud and noisy fight with his head of a girlfriend even we wouldn't give a shit.

    The only correct answer is to cut him if he can't play, (whether he goes to church or a combination beer joint whorehouse crackhouse opium den). And if he can, just get the fuck over it.

    WSS

    Post of the year.

  • @browns52 said:

    from what i heard, she has a clean record...she's pretty damn smart, and little chonnie is still a drunk...hmmmm...

    Who was drunk in this situation and who wasn't?

    @wargograw said:

    Who was drunk in this situation and who wasn't?

    @wargograw said:

    Who was drunk in this situation and who wasn't?

    if it was her, that is still not good for chonnie. One thing rehab should have taught him, was not only can he not drink anymore, but he cannot hang around drunks or go back to places, i.e. bars etc, that he once used to hang out at.

  • I normally loathe reading Tony Grossi, but at least he's asking the same question I am.

    Where in the hell was Farmer, Haslam, or even Scheiner Monday afternoon while the HC is being grilled about JM?

    Let's face it, Pettine isn't the guy responsible for bringing the circus to town.

    Great read. . .

    http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=50661

    @canton-dawg said:

    I normally loathe reading Tony Grossi, but at least he's asking the same question I am.

    Where in the hell was Farmer, Haslam, or even Scheiner Monday afternoon while the HC is being grilled about JM?

    Let's face it, Pettine isn't the guy responsible for bringing the circus to town.

    Great read. . .

    http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=50661

    Couldn't agree more. This is the GM and an owner issue. The problem is neither Haslam or Farmer want to answer the real question which is, "you used a first round draft pick on a guy who doesn't contribute on the field and is a constant headache to the organization, where do you go from here". Also there would probably be a couple of "Ray do you feel that your absence due to suspension has hampered the teams decision making", "Ray do you feel between the Josh Gordon issue, Justin Gilbert's driving incident and the off the field distractions of Johnny Manziel, that there isn't organizational control" and "Jimmy we are two seasons into the Pettine/Farmer era and it appears that the results are eerily similar to previous seasons". Neither likes to answer hard questions and they hung Pettine out to dry.