Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
So, it's Johnny Football Manziel tomorrow. Well, I guess some section of the fan base will be happy, and it certainly won't hurt to get him more game time. Perhaps this is the start of the transition, especially if JFF plays well - we'll have a long week afterwards where he can assume full starting duty? McCown apparently said his ribs might take weeks to heal, so we might be in for a stretch of Johnny. If we're 3-8 when McCown heals, does he come back in?
So, it's Johnny Football Manziel tomorrow. Well, I guess some section of the fan base will be happy, and it certainly won't hurt to get him more game time. Perhaps this is the start of the transition, especially if JFF plays well - we'll have a long week afterwards where he can assume full starting duty? McCown apparently said his ribs might take weeks to heal, so we might be in for a stretch of Johnny. If we're 3-8 when McCown heals, does he come back in?
I would think at this point in the season that if Johnny plays well tomorrow night, that he could very well be the starter again the next week against Pittsburgh. I agreed with the decision to go back to McCown after the Titans game but at this point in the season, if Johnny gets us to 3-6 tomorrow night and plays well, I could see him keeping the job. McCown always knew that was a possibility when he signed here so I'd certainly at this point let it keep going with Manziel if we win tomorrow night.
-
^ Agree. It's a completely different situation at 2-6 than it was at 1-1. At this point, unless John completely shits the bed, I *think* it may be his team from here on out. I also agree with those that say we need to play Gilbert and Irving from here on out too.
We have a huge investment in those guys, and this season is now much like a game in which a team is blown out and it's the 4th qtr, it's time to play the kids and get them some experience, as well as see if they can compete at the NFL level......... Maybe they can, and maybe they can't, but I'd rather find out at 2-6.
-
So, it's Johnny Football Manziel tomorrow. Well, I guess some section of the fan base will be happy, and it certainly won't hurt to get him more game time. Perhaps this is the start of the transition, especially if JFF plays well - we'll have a long week afterwards where he can assume full starting duty? McCown apparently said his ribs might take weeks to heal, so we might be in for a stretch of Johnny. If we're 3-8 when McCown heals, does he come back in?
I would think at this point in the season that if Johnny plays well tomorrow night, that he could very well be the starter again the next week against Pittsburgh. I agreed with the decision to go back to McCown after the Titans game but at this point in the season, if Johnny gets us to 3-6 tomorrow night and plays well, I could see him keeping the job. McCown always knew that was a possibility when he signed here so I'd certainly at this point let it keep going with Manziel if we win tomorrow night.
I would think at this point in the season that if Johnny plays well tomorrow night, that he could very well be the starter again the next week against Pittsburgh. I agreed with the decision to go back to McCown after the Titans game but at this point in the season, if Johnny gets us to 3-6 tomorrow night and plays well, I could see him keeping the job. McCown always knew that was a possibility when he signed here so I'd certainly at this point let it keep going with Manziel if we win tomorrow night.
McCown's a true professional, no problems there. He already heard Johnny chants this season I think and brushed them off and threw for 300 YDs.
He loves to play and wouldn't throw a fit about getting put in the #2 spot, unlike the Mallet/Hoyer fiasco. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, but I'm still expecting we lay a whooping on Cincy, it won't even be close
28-10 Browns, maybe 35-10.
-
Tacosman needs to start putting tacos in his mouth and STFU.
next on the ignore list.....
dick.
-
Well... the ratings for the game just went up...
Win or lose it certainly could now be JM the rest of the way... barring the urge to look at Austin at some point. I assume since McC is too hurt to go, Austin will be the #2 this week.
As for the rest of the positions...
On Offense as it is we are going to be forced into enough other changes at WR. I'm not sure I'd make additional discretionary changes this week unless chemistry with JM has shown up in practice. Thinking specifically about Bibbs here.
On D we're already expecting to see Campbell in place of Whitner and someone in place of Haden. I would think that someone would be Desir, but we shall see.
-
Well... the ratings for the game just went up...
Win or lose it certainly could now be JM the rest of the way... barring the urge to look at Austin at some point. I assume since McC is too hurt to go, Austin will be the #2 this week.
As for the rest of the positions...
On Offense as it is we are going to be forced into enough other changes at WR. I'm not sure I'd make additional discretionary changes this week unless chemistry with JM has shown up in practice. Thinking specifically about Bibbs here.
On D we're already expecting to see Campbell in place of Whitner and someone in place of Haden. I would think that someone would be Desir, but we shall see.
-
hope we play some defense this game...
-
-
I am truly looking forward to some Johnny time! No I was a Derek Carr guy! Just wanna see
If Johnny can redeem himself at Cinncinippi
GO BROWNS!!!
-
In case it hasn't been posted yet today.
-
Also, fuck it. I love McCown and have been firmly in the "QB is not the problem" camp this year.
But, I am legitimately excited to see Manziel again.
Maybe that's their plan...give us Johnny every 6 games so that we're always excited to see him regardless of how he performs.
-
-
Also, fuck it. I love McCown and have been firmly in the "QB is not the problem" camp this year.
But, I am legitimately excited to see Manziel again.
Maybe that's their plan...give us Johnny every 6 games so that we're always excited to see him regardless of how he performs.
But, I am legitimately excited to see Manziel again.
Maybe that's their plan...give us Johnny every 6 games so that we're always excited to see him regardless of how he performs.
Ha!.....gotta say I didnt want him and really aint crazy about him and really dont have any faith or confidence in him,
But, I sure do get excited every single time hes gonna play.....yep.....
Hoping...again.....for some big things.....
Hey....McCown has been good, but always seems one or 2 plays away from winning.....Maybe Johnny will pull those 2 extra wow plays outta his ass and win us one.....
-
Tacosman needs to start putting tacos in his mouth and STFU.
next on the ignore list.....
dick.
Tacosman needs to start putting tacos in his mouth and STFU.
next on the ignore list.....
dick.
SShhhh. Taco is finally getting time to get his inflatable JM Doll out of his front yard from Hallow Weenie.. Trick or Treat is every game JM starts.. could be in his LR by gametime. Get your PopCorn Ready!!
-
Well... the ratings for the game just went up...
Win or lose it certainly could now be JM the rest of the way... barring the urge to look at Austin at some point. I assume since McC is too hurt to go, Austin will be the #2 this week.
As for the rest of the positions...
On Offense as it is we are going to be forced into enough other changes at WR. I'm not sure I'd make additional discretionary changes this week unless chemistry with JM has shown up in practice. Thinking specifically about Bibbs here.
On D we're already expecting to see Campbell in place of Whitner and someone in place of Haden. I would think that someone would be Desir, but we shall see.
Well... the ratings for the game just went up...
Win or lose it certainly could now be JM the rest of the way... barring the urge to look at Austin at some point. I assume since McC is too hurt to go, Austin will be the #2 this week.
As for the rest of the positions...
On Offense as it is we are going to be forced into enough other changes at WR. I'm not sure I'd make additional discretionary changes this week unless chemistry with JM has shown up in practice. Thinking specifically about Bibbs here.
On D we're already expecting to see Campbell in place of Whitner and someone in place of Haden. I would think that someone would be Desir, but we shall see.
Well, Bowe is pretty much forced to play Thursday with Hawkins and Hartline in Concussion Protocol.
Not sure if any other WR's are out or not.
Housler (TE) was put on IR, so we may finally get to see Bibbs as well.
There's been some weird shit going on with the Roster as far as who's active and who's not - could be part of our Dumpster plan . . .
-
Well... the ratings for the game just went up...
Win or lose it certainly could now be JM the rest of the way... barring the urge to look at Austin at some point. I assume since McC is too hurt to go, Austin will be the #2 this week.
As for the rest of the positions...
On Offense as it is we are going to be forced into enough other changes at WR. I'm not sure I'd make additional discretionary changes this week unless chemistry with JM has shown up in practice. Thinking specifically about Bibbs here.
On D we're already expecting to see Campbell in place of Whitner and someone in place of Haden. I would think that someone would be Desir, but we shall see.
Well, Bowe is pretty much forced to play Thursday with Hawkins and Hartline in Concussion Protocol.
Not sure if any other WR's are out or not.
Housler (TE) was put on IR, so we may finally get to see Bibbs as well.
There's been some weird shit going on with the Roster as far as who's active and who's not - could be part of our Dumpster plan . . .
-
Honestly, I don't know how someone could argue against your post. I mean, so what if they play worse? Does that mean we'll just lose by MORE points? At this point, who cares? We simply have to know if any of our first round talent can play ball. Maybe some of these guys are just "gamers", and don't do well in practice, but shine when the lights are on? Can anybody tell me with a straight face that Johnson Bademosi is a better cornerback than Justin Gilbert? I don't really think that Manziel can do any better than McCown, but I do think Johnny needs to be in the damn game to see where he is at. Maybe Johnny has a high ceiling that we don't know about? Perhaps his legs and ability to run the ball will help offset the constant pass rush, and maybe even *gasp* open up the running game for our backs? And do we really want to wait until training camp to see what we have in Erving?
You are probably a better DB than Gilbert. Some people just have to deal with the reality that a tricycle is their best case scenario.Honestly, I don't know how someone could argue against your post. I mean, so what if they play worse? Does that mean we'll just lose by MORE points? At this point, who cares? We simply have to know if any of our first round talent can play ball. Maybe some of these guys are just "gamers", and don't do well in practice, but shine when the lights are on? Can anybody tell me with a straight face that Johnson Bademosi is a better cornerback than Justin Gilbert? I don't really think that Manziel can do any better than McCown, but I do think Johnny needs to be in the damn game to see where he is at. Maybe Johnny has a high ceiling that we don't know about? Perhaps his legs and ability to run the ball will help offset the constant pass rush, and maybe even *gasp* open up the running game for our backs? And do we really want to wait until training camp to see what we have in Erving?
-
Obviously we don't see what goes on in Berea but who knows, maybe starting Gilbert will give him the kick start he needs to get some kind of career going.
I've seen enough of Bademosi and with Poyer out won't Desir be starting at safety?
-
Obviously we don't see what goes on in Berea but who knows, maybe starting Gilbert will give him the kick start he needs to get some kind of career going.
I've seen enough of Bademosi and with Poyer out won't Desir be starting at safety?
Obviously we don't see what goes on in Berea but who knows, maybe starting Gilbert will give him the kick start he needs to get some kind of career going.
I've seen enough of Bademosi and with Poyer out won't Desir be starting at safety?
It'll be Gipson and Campbell.
-
Slightly off topic, but, for fuck's sake, can we please dispense with "the Browns still have
a chance to make the playoffs" talk? It's embarrassing. The only way this train wreck is
making the playoffs is if several team planes fall from the sky this weekend.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login