Jonathan Paul Manziel
-
Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.
Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.
You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.
No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.
You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.
No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.
You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.
I totally agree he deserved to start- but not if he violated a team condition for him starting.
-
Only thing left to do is start a new thread/pole asking if we 1)trade John or 2)just release him in the off season..... He's D U N - done as a Brown.
-
So I would caution that it's not a good idea to give up on an individual that has shown significant improvement thru what, 5 starts? When the only thing he is doing "wrong" is that he's acting like he's playing in the NFL of the 80's and not adapting to the PC culture of today. It's complete speculation but I can only imagine what the lack of media coverage allowed players back then to get away with unnoticed to the public.
He's shown significant improvement on the field- and that's the disappointing thing. I haven't forgotten- and the Browns staff sure hasn't, he pissed away all last year on the party circuit. Couldn't even show up for a walk through in December, he was so hung over.
I'll go out on a limb and posit the rehab was for booze. You don't- and can't- just go out "for a couple" in those circumstances. You're just going to wind up on the next lower rung of the ladder.
He's shown significant improvement on the field- and that's the disappointing thing. I haven't forgotten- and the Browns staff sure hasn't, he pissed away all last year on the party circuit. Couldn't even show up for a walk through in December, he was so hung over.
I'll go out on a limb and posit the rehab was for booze. You don't- and can't- just go out "for a couple" in those circumstances. You're going to wind up on the next lower rung of the ladder.
Right....and we all know he's had restrictions and expectations placed on him in exchange for getting this opportunity to start...
My guess is he's promised 10 times to not let it happen again....then it happens again..
And if it is alcohol, I'm sure after last months roadside incident, it was brought up...'hey, Johnny, thought you were done drinking".....and he promised, AGAIN, that he was....wouldn't happen again....etc etc...
If you set an ultimatum (and I'm sure they did....any company would).....and he's broken it (again)....then you are weak NOT to act on it......I thought the roadside was his end.....I'm pretty sure this is....
And no surprise if he's back in rehab sooner than later....
-
Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.
Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.
You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.
No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.
You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.
No I didn't. I agreed with the point that is Manziel performed on the field, and deserved to start again.
You know, the point both you and I said. I know comprehension is hard, junior.
Only Johnny hasn't performed on the field. Brady Quinn once had a 350 yard game against Detroit, it meant little.
Tom Brady makes plays week in and week out. That's where I was going with this. It's not some, ' oh you did good, here you have a reprieve for one whole week' situations.
Until Manziel demonstrates commitment and that ability every game, then you'll be the only person on this board misinterpreting what I say.
Junior....
-
Most people on here seem to believe either Pettine, Farmer, or both are not the answer for our front office, Why do you think they're making the right decision in this case when they're wrong in so many others.
-
I'm torn on this one, so I'll wait for all the facts to come out. The Browns may know a little more than just what we see in the video. I'm leaning towards supporting Pettine on this one.
-
Exactly.
It shouldn't fucking matter what you do off the field if you can perform on it. Johnny performed on it last week. Is he Tom Brady? No. But we're no Patriots, either.
Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.
Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.
You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.
Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.
Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.
You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.
How do you expect johnny to show the ability to play when he never fucking plays? Do you not see the logical fallacy here?
-
Yep. Am Going to Wreck this league. But first lets wreck the franchise that I talked into Drafting Me. Money Signs to all & a middle finger back at you Johnny.. Next up, the players will have to answer more stupid MKC questions about her boy JM. The clusterfucks just keep coming in a game that you play & get paid. You don't fuck up a game that a organization of hundred other players count on you..
-
Kudos to whoever changed the title for me.
When I started this thread it was made with a bright feeling of excitement of JFF finally getting full control of the reigns. Then it changed to JFF maybe starting, at that point I was thinking Johnny would remain starter. Now, after a 3rd thread title change, JFF is no longer starting and probably won't all year!
What a wild 7 days.
-
Johnny hasn't shown the ability to play anything near a Brady level.
Tom had all of his business in the media AFTER he was a superbowl champ and multiple all pro.
You agreed with a point that directly counters yours.
How do you expect johnny to show the ability to play when he never fucking plays? Do you not see the logical fallacy here?
There is no logical fallacy here.How do you expect johnny to show the ability to play when he never fucking plays? Do you not see the logical fallacy here?
Johnny was handed the reigns as a starting QB in an attempt to begin the conversion of making him the face of the franchise.
With stipulations, of course...
He responded by flying half way across the country and doing exactly the opposite of what I can guarantee professional help told him not to do whilst in rehab. I'm rather certain also against the wishes of Haslam, Farmer and Pettine who probably told him to lay low, focus and stay out of the spotlight.
Pretty cut and dry.
-
Sure, quarterback is a leader, I get that. I haven't seen any evidence otherwise from practice or on the field.
Remember Hoorta, there's another guy in Berea that's supposed to be a leader and not doing a stellar job of it so far.
You may have seen him hanging around; bald-headed, van dyke, sunglasses...
(Plus I wonder if any of the defensive or other offensive players or at a downtown nightclub on their weekend off?)
WSS
-
There is no logical fallacy here.How do you expect johnny to show the ability to play when he never fucking plays? Do you not see the logical fallacy here?
Johnny was handed the reigns as a starting QB in an attempt to begin the conversion of making him the face of the franchise.
With stipulations, of course...
He responded by flying half way across the country and doing exactly the opposite of what I can guarantee professional help told him not to do whilst in rehab. I'm rather certain also against the wishes of Haslam, Farmer and Pettine who probably told him to lay low, focus and stay out of the spotlight.
Pretty cut and dry.
There is no logical fallacy here.
Johnny was handed the reigns as a starting QB in an attempt to begin the conversion of making him the face of the franchise.
With stipulations, of course...
He responded by flying half way across the country and doing exactly the opposite of what I can guarantee professional help told him not to do whilst in rehab. I'm rather certain also against the wishes of Haslam, Farmer and Pettine who probably told him to lay low, focus and stay out of the spotlight.
Pretty cut and dry.
The logical fallacy since you couldn't quite make the connection is "johnny hasn't shown he can play so don't let him play"
Of course he hasn't shown anything. He hasn't even started 5 games.
-
There is no logical fallacy here.
Johnny was handed the reigns as a starting QB in an attempt to begin the conversion of making him the face of the franchise.
With stipulations, of course...
He responded by flying half way across the country and doing exactly the opposite of what I can guarantee professional help told him not to do whilst in rehab. I'm rather certain also against the wishes of Haslam, Farmer and Pettine who probably told him to lay low, focus and stay out of the spotlight.
Pretty cut and dry.
The logical fallacy since you couldn't quite make the connection is "johnny hasn't shown he can play so don't let him play"
Of course he hasn't shown anything. He hasn't even started 5 games.
I made the connection. But there is no fallacy.The logical fallacy since you couldn't quite make the connection is "johnny hasn't shown he can play so don't let him play"
Of course he hasn't shown anything. He hasn't even started 5 games.
If he's been listed as a starter, asked to keep his nose clean and his business close to the team as he preps for what would be, the biggest game of his career career - then fails to do so. He doesn't play. Pretty simple.
If he can't abide by certain conditions asked of him off the field in order to be a starter, then we won't see what he can do.
-
A lot of over reaction here... not that that is anything new. Personally I can give it 24 hours before I consider freaking out as an option.
Here is the presser for those who have not seen it.
The problem Pet continues to have is after fending off multiple questions successfully as "internal matters", he suddenly deems a JM question worthy of a thoughtful answer.
Once Pet moved the presser onto other topics, his "energy" improves dramatically. Easy to understand why...
A lot of over reaction here... not that that is anything new. Personally I can give it 24 hours before I consider freaking out as an option.
Fastest 24 hours ever... apparently the "evidence" was conclusive.
And if the freak-out seems revved up now, just wait until the Inactive list for MNF is posted.
I hate this. The sad part is that Johnny is ready to start, and it will be devastating to him if he doesn't... And yet, he couldn't seem to help himself.
Part of me wants to say this is no big deal. And for almost everyone, it would be no big deal. "22-year-old has fun with friends"... No big deal.
And yet, he said things would be different. - no distractions. And here we are again...distracted.
So where to go from here....
I'm thinking out the door, Ag. MNF could not be coming to town at a worse moment.
-
Sure, quarterback is a leader, I get that. I haven't seen any evidence otherwise from practice or on the field.
Remember Hoorta, there's another guy in Berea that's supposed to be a leader and not doing a stellar job of it so far.
You may have seen him hanging around; bald-headed, van dyke, sunglasses...
(Plus I wonder if any of the defensive or other offensive players or at a downtown nightclub on their weekend off?)
WSS
Remember Hoorta, there's another guy in Berea that's supposed to be a leader and not doing a stellar job of it so far.
You may have seen him hanging around; bald-headed, van dyke, sunglasses...
Pray tell how Pet has failed as a leader...
-
He's shown significant improvement on the field- and that's the disappointing thing. I haven't forgotten- and the Browns staff sure hasn't, he pissed away all last year on the party circuit. Couldn't even show up for a walk through in December, he was so hung over.
I'll go out on a limb and posit the rehab was for booze. You don't- and can't- just go out "for a couple" in those circumstances. You're going to wind up on the next lower rung of the ladder.
Right....and we all know he's had restrictions and expectations placed on him in exchange for getting this opportunity to start...
My guess is he's promised 10 times to not let it happen again....then it happens again..
And if it is alcohol, I'm sure after last months roadside incident, it was brought up...'hey, Johnny, thought you were done drinking".....and he promised, AGAIN, that he was....wouldn't happen again....etc etc...
If you set an ultimatum (and I'm sure they did....any company would).....and he's broken it (again)....then you are weak NOT to act on it......I thought the roadside was his end.....I'm pretty sure this is....
And no surprise if he's back in rehab sooner than later....
Right....and we all know he's had restrictions and expectations placed on him in exchange for getting this opportunity to start...
My guess is he's promised 10 times to not let it happen again....then it happens again..
And if it is alcohol, I'm sure after last months roadside incident, it was brought up...'hey, Johnny, thought you were done drinking".....and he promised, AGAIN, that he was....wouldn't happen again....etc etc...
If you set an ultimatum (and I'm sure they did....any company would).....and he's broken it (again)....then you are weak NOT to act on it......I thought the roadside was his end.....I'm pretty sure this is....
And no surprise if he's back in rehab sooner than later....
Mud, I've had plenty of experience dealing with people with drinking problems. The ^ is exactly what they'll tell you- every time. Gee, I just need another chance, I won't screw up this time. I think "this" time, Johnny has run out of "times". I suppose he can spend the off season drinking on the porch with Justin Blackmon, and commiserate how life is being so unfair to him.
I'm torn on this one, so I'll wait for all the facts to come out. The Browns may know a little more than just what we see in the video. I'm leaning towards supporting Pettine on this one.
Put it this way Haslam's the boss. If one of his VPs @ Pilot got reported to him for constantly partying, getting so shitfaced he couldn't show up for work, you think Jimmuh wouldn't think twice about firing his ass? I'll say it again- the full facts will never come out, not only to not embarrass Johnny, but the organization for taking a huge gamble on drafting him in the first place. The Browns definitely have all they need to know- wouldn't even surprise me if Haslam hired a PI to keep track of his doings. Though TMZ has been doing a pretty good job of saving him the trouble.
Of course, it's going to be almost impossible for the Browns- or Manziel to put a happy face on this shitstorm.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
