Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • i predict a riot.

    perusing the tapes of the "greatest" QB draft since 1986, even though i don't really like the kid.................manziel has some ballz. i mean i hated the 'brat' attitude, the lebron connection etc.

    BUT

    the fact that he does have ballz (yum!) and he is who he is, is rather refreshing to me.

    hey if you're gonna suck, suck with your ballz out or hit off the 'mary' tee bidatches.

  • Mik,

    You're right except for the 'balls (yum!)' thing.

    He does have a fuck free world attitude.

    Not at Mik,

    The one argument that drives me crazy is the whole he played against top tier talent thing. The SEC isn't better than other conferences especially at D. Even if they are, how many starting QBs came out of the SEC in the last 10 years (since they've become the dominant conference)? Cam Newton is about it.

  • hey, if he can handle the NFL speed i think JF could be a winner.

    BUT we got a GM and a HC who both played DB in the pros....defensive.........

    at this point i want to see what farmer is going to do, JF or mack or matthews or mack or gilbert or evans.........

    TRADE DOWN!! johnny might be there @26.

  • This whole situation reminds me of this old classic. Looks like he went to A&M instead of community college.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Oh, cut the shit it already.

    He was offered a deal by Nike, he took it. He's not a sellout, he's a 21 year old.

    You'd take the same deal. No I wouldn't.

    Show me anywhere...anywhere...where he made comments about outselling anyone, branding himself, see below marketing himself, making money, etc.

    Every comment at every interview has been about football. Not Nike. Not making money. Winning football games. Then he goes out and has a solid Pro Day, better than the previously thought #1 QB, and you're complaining because Nike is selling his Pro Day jersey to turn a profit? Get over yourself.

    Wearing pads and a helmet was a great decision, regardless of the marketing ploy from his manager. You wear pads and a helmet in games, why would you throw without them on a day where you're trying to showcase your skills? It was a ballsy move that paid off and will probably change Pro Days from now on.

    You're mad because he hired a marketing manager? That's like getting pissed because a player hires an agent.

    So let me just try and list this out to make sense of it:

    Pros

    -Unbelievable athlete

    -Played against top tier talent.

    -Played in National spotlight

    -Put up video game numbers

    -Has natural accuracy and great internal clock

    Cons

    -Hired marketing major

    -Got drunk in college

    -Isn't 6'5" 230.

    -You don't like his face

    That about sum it up?

    Here's all you need to know- Johnny Football © If that's not selling out, I don't know what is. He can shove that up his ass. Only difference between him and Desean Jackson I can see is he doesn't hang out with gangs, and hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet. Yeah, I've made no secret I don't like him. And I'm fervently hoping the Browns don't either. We're trying to build a team in Cleveland, not a media circus- which is what's going to happen to the team that drafts Manziel- take it to the bank. EDIT: As reported below- there's pretty good evidence JF was already getting paid under the table for his "autograph sessions"- to the tune of $30 a pop. .As above he's in the process of copyrighting "the brand"- guess I'm just too old school to think win a SB or two (like Peyton with Papa John's or Rodgers with State Farm) before you whore yourself out for maximum $$$ RGIII wherefore art thy Subway commercials now? I laugh at you.

    Maybe if JF really was really into football- he'd take the Andrew Luck approach, instead of taking every marketing opportunity shoved in his face. Haven't seen Andy pulling that sort of commercial shit- because he doesn't have to. Funny Bortles and Bridgewater haven't seen the need either. If that's the way JF wants to make his money, more power to him- that doesn't mean I have to like his style of doing so.

    @hoorta said:

    Here's all you need to know- Johnny Football © If that's not selling out, I don't know what is. He can shove that up his ass. Only difference between him and Desean Jackson I can see is he doesn't hang out with gangs, and hasn't played a snap in the NFL yet. Yeah, I've made no secret I don't like him. And I'm fervently hoping the Browns don't either. We're trying to build a team in Cleveland, not a media circus- which is what's going to happen to the team that drafts Manziel- take it to the bank. EDIT: As reported below- there's pretty good evidence JF was already getting paid under the table for his "autograph sessions"- to the tune of $30 a pop. .As above he's in the process of copyrighting "the brand"- guess I'm just too old school to think win a SB or two (like Peyton with Papa John's or Rodgers with State Farm) before you whore yourself out for maximum $$$ RGIII wherefore art thy Subway commercials now? I laugh at you.

    Maybe if JF really was really into football- he'd take the Andrew Luck approach, instead of taking every marketing opportunity shoved in his face. Haven't seen Andy pulling that sort of commercial shit- because he doesn't have to. Funny Bortles and Bridgewater haven't seen the need either. If that's the way JF wants to make his money, more power to him- that doesn't mean I have to like his style of doing so.

    so if nike wanted to give you a shitload of money for being yourself and wearing a logo that most people pay to wear, you'd say no dice?

    Lebron signed a deal with Nike worth enough money to last multiple lifetimes and no one cares. A college kid, playing (fiercely) for free does the same thing and all of a sudden it's a mark against his character?

    Some people believe that Manziel shouldn't have taken money for writing his name in cursive. I say let the kid get paid, if people wanted my autograph, I'd gladly give it to them for onion rings and a side of sriracha...

  • @mike-h said:

    I wonder what the age:hate ratio for Johnny Manziel is.

    Most of the old timers here are opposed, but I'd like to see a wider sample size.

    I'm drinking whiskey till May, fuck this.

    I'm 27.

  • This whole situation reminds me of this old classic. Looks like he went to A&M instead of community college.

    @j0hnnybg00d said:

    This whole situation reminds me of this old classic. Looks like he went to A&M instead of community college.

    I'm sure Robert Downey Jr and Uma Thurman are proud of their work in this Anthony Michael Hall vehicle.

    Z

  • @j0hnnybg00d said:

    This whole situation reminds me of this old classic. Looks like he went to A&M instead of community college.

    I'm sure Robert Downey Jr and Uma Thurman are proud of their work in this Anthony Michael Hall vehicle.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I'm sure Robert Downey Jr and Uma Thurman are proud of their work in this Anthony Michael Hall vehicle.

    Z

    There must have been riots when this movie got snubbed by the Oscar's. I was about 14 or 15 when i watched this masterpiece.

  • drafting JFF would be the greatest thing to happen with the browns since their return.Id hate to see him do great if they pass on him, I mean not for him but just for me.

  • I want nothing to do with this 5'11, wannabe rockstar who is known and loved for making plays by the skin of his balls. What he got away with in college will not happen in the NFL. His tendency to run is going to get him killed. Take him in the late 2nd, no earlier.

  • I'm just a stupid fan that's watched football for 50 years. I've seen top picks play like crap and get cut, I've seen lowly draft picks go to the Hall of Fame. I've watched Manziel maybe 5-8 games and I have to say I cannot remember a better or more exciting player that I would like to have on my team based on the limited amount I've watched him.

  • @mike-h said:

    I wonder what the age:hate ratio for Johnny Manziel is.

    Most of the old timers here are opposed, but I'd like to see a wider sample size.

    I'm drinking whiskey till May, fuck this.

    Mike H,

    I'm 67 & love the kid! Besides his actual on field football skills, his intangibles, leadership skills, & passion for the game are through the roof & there is no measuring tape for those. I'll be at the Draft Party on May 8th & you'll hear this old gray beard clear to Canton if his name comes up as a Brown. How long has it been since NE Ohio saw that kind of spirit? I'm sure we'll get a fine player at 4 whether or not it's Johnny, but IMHO he would be the frosting on the cake.

    Mike

  • So is Johnny Football Fever a real sickness? Can it be cured or is it like rabies and the people that suffer from it just have to be put down? Inquiring minds want to know!

  • Evans is Manziel's ticket to most of his media hype about being so exciting a college player.

    Farmer has talked about who the player is off the field. And,

    According to a source, Manziel was a problem for Archie, Peyton and Eli Manning from the moment he arrived at the Louisiana passing camp until the second his parents called in sick for him.
    The source told the Daily News that Manziel’s troubles started way before he went out partying into the early hours on Friday morning.
    **********************************************
    I don't see it. Anybody want a first round qb who is a problem child? So now, he's all of a sudden different?
    "only does what everybody else does?" . Really. I'm afraid Manziel's high flying celebrity could ruin his first few years
    in the NFL, unitl he grows up, or joins Tebow as a college broadcaster.
    Nope. I'd rather the Browns sign the veteran others have mentioned, and draft a kid like Garoppolo,
    and draft their first round qb next year. I believe Farmer and Pettine know better than to take the huge
    chance on a great college kid that is a media circus, and maybe has a problem with alcohol.
  • Which one of you douche bags deleted my post? Hmmm cause you don't like what I had to say about JFF or that someone made another post about him? Bunch of little kids posing as adults.... Sad just sad.

  • It got merged with the other Johnny Football thread. Who's the douchebag now?

  • Don't Dis the JFF.

  • This thread will also get merged or deleted.

  • Ahaha. I purposely posted a new thread on JFF for a reason. I was trying to separate from all the fanboy and hater garbage and try to dig up some real analysis from guys who watch the tape like I have. There was a reason I made a new thread. Obviously that doesn't matter though what a bunch of dickheads.

  • your right the entire board hates you gunner.

    threads get merged all the time man no need to fret. you gotta have balls of steel to post here anyway... dont believe me?
    go search/find any other browns message board.they are lame and for pussies.... you are at the best fucking one on the internet.

    stop bitching