Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    First off in other starter news...

    Paztor is getting the start at LG.

    Are we feeling better about this one by telling ourselves that Cam Erving "wasn't playing his natural position"?

    Zombo

    --I'm sure if a Tackle got hurt, he'd be awesome

    Zombo said:

    Are we feeling better about this one by telling ourselves that Cam Erving "wasn't playing his natural position"?

    Zombo

    --I'm sure if a Tackle got hurt, he'd be awesome

    Erving is starting to look like another one of Farmers first round flops.

    At least the kid owns up to it...

    "I played like shit so I'm not starting" - Cam Erving #Browns

  • I'm more interested in hearing all you Manziel cock gobblers make excuses for him after he proves once again that he blows... good times!

  • To the people who keep saying that he's done nothing wrong........

    "Over the last couple weeks I was forced to learn a hard lesson and I had to learn it the hard way," Manziel said.

    What did he learn?

    "Obviously there's a way to conduct yourself that 31 others guys in the league do each and every week," he said. "You have to follow that example and realize that this is a very prestigious situation I'm in being a starting quarterback in the NFL. So I have to take pride in that and act accordingly."

  • Did johnny dropout or failout of lawschool?

  • "Over the last couple weeks I was forced to learn a hard lesson and I had to learn it the hard way," Manziel said.

    What did he learn?

    "Obviously there's a way to conduct yourself that 31 others guys in the league do each and every week," he said. "You have to follow that example and realize that this is a very prestigious situation I'm in being a starting quarterback in the NFL. So I have to take pride in that and act accordingly."

  • Because he couldn't pass the bar...

  • Man, Manziel is the guy. I just hope that he really still wants to be a Brown after his contract is up. I would hate to have found that guy that could stabilize the position that has been spinning so fast since 99. Maybe an unstoppable force takes such a polarizing captivating presence that we have found to stabilize it...

    He's human, but his fight and desire to win on gamedays are something extraordinary. If everyone played with his heart we would never be beaten. He reminds me of Cribbs or Vickers.

    @poeticg said:

    Man, Manziel is the guy

    Oh no, the curse has begun.

  • Well Caine I really don't know anything about that but I'm sure it wasn't Johnny's fault. Everyone at lawschool was prolly jealous of Johnny getting fucked up and getting pussy while they had to study so the dean sabotaged him.

  • Test......I got some kind of notify that I wasn't allowed here no mo.

  • Well Caine I really don't know anything about that but I'm sure it wasn't Johnny's fault. Everyone at lawschool was prolly jealous of Johnny getting fucked up and getting pussy while they had to study so the dean sabotaged him.

    @browns_fucking_rule said:

    Well Caine I really don't know anything about that but I'm sure it wasn't Johnny's fault. Everyone at lawschool was prolly jealous of Johnny getting fucked up and getting pussy while they had to study so the dean sabotaged him.

    whisssshhh.

    WSS

  • @poeticg said:

    Man, Manziel is the guy

    Oh no, the curse has begun.

    @d-bone said:

    Oh no, the curse has begun.

    Yep...the dude has already proven the ability to fuck up a wet dream...and now he's got PoG in his corner.... he's royally fucked now. Maybe he and Trent Richardson can rent a beach house together and make porn films...

  • @tour2ma said:

    First off in other starter news...

    Paztor is getting the start at LG.

    Are we feeling better about this one by telling ourselves that Cam Erving "wasn't playing his natural position"?

    Zombo

    --I'm sure if a Tackle got hurt, he'd be awesome

    Zombo said:

    Are we feeling better about this one by telling ourselves that Cam Erving "wasn't playing his natural position"?

    Zombo

    --I'm sure if a Tackle got hurt, he'd be awesome

    Can we say another Farmerrrrr buuuusttttt? An O-L drafted in the first round shouldn't look like crap, regardless where he's playing. At worst, block the guy in front of you, and don't let him plant you on your ass.

    @mark-o said:

    To the people who keep saying that he's done nothing wrong........

    "Over the last couple weeks I was forced to learn a hard lesson and I had to learn it the hard way," Manziel said.

    What did he learn?

    "Obviously there's a way to conduct yourself that 31 others guys in the league do each and every week," he said. "You have to follow that example and realize that this is a very prestigious situation I'm in being a starting quarterback in the NFL. So I have to take pride in that and act accordingly."

    Saying all the right things again I see. Talk is cheap, JM.

    @mark-o said:

    Yep...the dude has already proven the ability to fuck up a wet dream...and now he's got PoG in his corner.... he's royally fucked now. Maybe he and Trent Richardson can rent a beach house together and make porn films...

    Considering all the bimbos JM has been seen hanging with, it shouldn't be too hard to get some Grade A material.

  • testing

  • "Over the last couple weeks I was forced to learn a hard lesson and I had to learn it the hard way," Manziel said.

    What did he learn?

    "Obviously there's a way to conduct yourself that 31 others guys in the league do each and every week," he said. "You have to follow that example and realize that this is a very prestigious situation I'm in being a starting quarterback in the NFL. So I have to take pride in that and act accordingly."

    @mark-o said:

    "Over the last couple weeks I was forced to learn a hard lesson and I had to learn it the hard way," Manziel said.

    What did he learn?

    "Obviously there's a way to conduct yourself that 31 others guys in the league do each and every week," he said. "You have to follow that example and realize that this is a very prestigious situation I'm in being a starting quarterback in the NFL. So I have to take pride in that and act accordingly."

    Words read much like quotes I've read before in past mea culpas, so I went to the tape... Not exactly the same old, repentant Johnny presser. Not a tone I think I've quite heard before.

    I did like his request a few questions into it to switch to talking about the SF game and the press actually doing so... for a while anyway until they tiptoed back a little at the end. When asked by MKC if he'd be able to focus on football, I found myself wishing he'd told her, "Yes, and you can help me with that."

    We shall see...

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Johnny-Manziel-press-conference---129/5da1349f-b143-4f5b-a48b-8bd63c3b5a32

  • Well what was the tone?

  • After Waking Up As Browns Starter For Third Time This Year"

    Popped up on Facebook this morning, good for a laugh 😄

  • Zombo said:

    Are we feeling better about this one by telling ourselves that Cam Erving "wasn't playing his natural position"?

    Zombo

    --I'm sure if a Tackle got hurt, he'd be awesome

    Erving is starting to look like another one of Farmers first round flops.

    At least the kid owns up to it...

    "I played like shit so I'm not starting" - Cam Erving #Browns

    @canton-dawg said:

    "I played like shit so I'm not starting" - Cam Erving #Browns

    There it is.....

    He may not be playing well, but at least he's one of the few man enough to say it like it is......

  • Chastened?

  • @mudfly said:

    Or he improved simply because he sobered up and started trying.....

    Are you suggesting he gave the same effort this year as last?......if so, thats not very objective.....

    Its a little weird that you are crediting "coaching" with his improvement, while driving the train to fire em all......

    I don't think you know what objectively means.

    And I've never said fire them all. I've said Fire Pettine and O'Neil, because they are bad coaches.

    @tour2ma said:

    That would be a mistake. Before he clears his locker JM should have to propose a Self Improvement Plan for management approval.

    And, unlike TC's narrative, Pet's agreement as well with concerns registered noted from the vetting process.

    I think you can draw the line there if your purpose is to deny Pet for any credit for anything good occurring under him. I've no doubt Flip has added value to the effort... as has O'Connell.

    However, I do not see denying Pet's role in setting the stage either in 2014, before Flip arrived, or in 2015, when Pet spent time in the QB room with Flip and Kevin.

    The one variable that changed was the OC and QB coach. I'm just playing the game you were trying to play, and not attributing anything to anyone that there isn't evidence of.

    The facts are that Manziel was awful last year, now he looks better. McCown has been awful almost his entire career, now he looks like he could be a borderline starter for some franchises. And the only changes were adding Flip and O'Connell for the explicit reason of progressing the quarterback.

    Anything else past that is just conjecture. We have no way of knowing how much influence Pet has in the QB room, if any at all. But if we're being objective, the facts are that we added Flip and O'Connell, and that Manziel and McCown are having the best seasons of their careers.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Manziel was awful last year, now he looks better..

    For the love of all that's holy: Manziel is not remotely good.

    He does not "look better" - he was simply given a longer audition. And he's shown why he's not a starter.

    There are not praises to go 'round.. there's blame. Because he sucks. And that's being objective.

    Hint: If you actually think he doesn't suck, you get to explain why the linked article doesn't matter.... or your post is fanboi BS.

  • maybe it'd be an accordion concert and you'd be the headliner. this time they aim for the stage.

    oh wait! there is no such thing as accordion concerts.......... forgot.

    @miktoxic said:

    maybe it'd be an accordion concert and you'd be the headliner. this time they aim for the stage.

    oh wait! there is no such thing as accordion concerts.......... forgot.

    They're down in the Metro system mik. Just put some money in the cup.

    On good days they come up for air.

    Mud beat me to it.