Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Ahaha. I purposely posted a new thread on JFF for a reason. I was trying to separate from all the fanboy and hater garbage and try to dig up some real analysis from guys who watch the tape like I have. There was a reason I made a new thread. Obviously that doesn't matter though what a bunch of dickheads.

    GuNNerGatSKy said:

    Ahaha. I purposely posted a new thread on JFF for a reason. I was trying to separate from all the fanboy and hater garbage and try to dig up some real analysis from guys who watch the tape like I have. There was a reason I made a new thread. Obviously that doesn't matter though what a bunch of dickheads.

    Well one of the other Mods (not me) decided to keep all the Manziel stuff in one thread. Don't take it personally. I've had the same stuff happen to me, and even seen some of my long (and I like to think) well thought out posts get flat out deleted- not just merged, when one of the other Mods had to kill a thread. You haven't been around long enough to see the kind of havoc someone like the departed Ghoolie could cause.

  • GuNNerGatSKy said:

    Ahaha. I purposely posted a new thread on JFF for a reason. I was trying to separate from all the fanboy and hater garbage and try to dig up some real analysis from guys who watch the tape like I have. There was a reason I made a new thread. Obviously that doesn't matter though what a bunch of dickheads.

    Well one of the other Mods (not me) decided to keep all the Manziel stuff in one thread. Don't take it personally. I've had the same stuff happen to me, and even seen some of my long (and I like to think) well thought out posts get flat out deleted- not just merged, when one of the other Mods had to kill a thread. You haven't been around long enough to see the kind of havoc someone like the departed Ghoolie could cause.

    @hoorta said:

    ..........the departed Ghoolie could cause.

    That's once, twice more and he'll reappear.

  • @hoorta said:

    ..........the departed Ghoolie could cause.

    That's once, twice more and he'll reappear.

    @d-bone said:

    That's once, twice more and he'll reappear.

    Ghoolie

  • For an original thread, try an original thought...

  • @mike-h said:

    He fuck your girlfriend?

    I love this new trend of asking this question. Good tagline.

  • @hoorta said:

    Um, no. and the above post about the Manziel's Nike crap shows the guy is a commercial sellout already. You bring in Manziel, you bring the circus to town- MHO is Farmer and Pettine are into football, not Barnum & Bailey. JFs goal will be to out sell RGIII- that aspect about his persona makes me want to puke.

    Oh, cut the shit it already.

    He was offered a deal by Nike, he took it. He's not a sellout, he's a 21 year old.

    You'd take the same deal.

    Show me anywhere...anywhere...where he made comments about outselling anyone, branding himself, marketing himself, making money, etc.

    Every comment at every interview has been about football. Not Nike. Not making money. Winning football games. Then he goes out and has a solid Pro Day, better than the previously thought #1 QB, and you're complaining because Nike is selling his Pro Day jersey to turn a profit? Get over yourself.

    Wearing pads and a helmet was a great decision, regardless of the marketing ploy from his manager. You wear pads and a helmet in games, why would you throw without them on a day where you're trying to showcase your skills? It was a ballsy move that paid off and will probably change Pro Days from now on.

    You're mad because he hired a marketing manager? That's like getting pissed because a player hires an agent.

    So let me just try and list this out to make sense of it:

    Pros

    -Unbelievable athlete

    -Played against top tier talent.

    -Played in National spotlight

    -Put up video game numbers

    -Has natural accuracy and great internal clock

    Cons

    -Hired marketing major

    -Got drunk in college

    -Isn't 6'5" 230.

    -You don't like his face

    That about sum it up?

    First, who changed my thread title! 🙂

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Cons

    -Hired marketing major

    -Got drunk in college

    -Isn't 6'5" 230.

    -You don't like his face

    That about sum it up?

    In a word... no. Only the size is germane, although not in and of itself a disqualifier. The off-field stuff is justifiably dismissed.

    GuNNerGatSKy said:

    A) "JFF rarely progresses through his reads/lacks pre-snap read ability". Watching some of the Bama game and a few other snippets of Manziel film, I found this assertion to be mostly untrue.

    At 0:29 we see Manziel progress through his reads from left to right, eventually settling on Evans running a deep route down the right sideline. Manziel throws a great pass where only Evans can make the catch.

    At about 1:39 we see Manziel make a fantastic pre-snap read. Evans is lined up on the right side of the formation against press coverage. Manziel recognizes the press coverage and begins his read in the center of the field, quickly progressing to Evans. He floats another nice pass deep to Evans.

    I know I only see what I want to see (Mike H. has said so, so it must be true), but I see something completely different.

    At 0:29 I see JF looking off the safety then going to his intended-all-along Evans. Not a bad thing... just not a progression read.

    At 1:39 I see essentially the same thing except that JF does not look the safety off nearly as long as in the 0:29 play. Again not a bad thing since there was a slot WR to help hold the Safety in this case, but again, not a progression read. But the shortened look off almost let the Safety back into the play. Was there a good pre-snap read in this later play? Maybe... but Evans was his primary so much of the time, it's hard to tell.

    GuNNerGatSKy said:

    I have to say though after watching all that Manziel film I'm a Mike Evans fanboy. That motherfucker can go up and catch a goddamn football. IMO, particularly from the standpoint of what the browns need in a no.2 receiver, Evans is the no.1 receiver in the draft.

    Yes, Evans can jump... also runs great go routes, fades and flags/ corners... many complete with push offs. But crosses and slants? Not so much... gets the gator arms pretty fast. And as for quick hitches and bubble screens? Forget it... he's not elusive.

    http://draftbreakdown.com/players/mike-evans/

    @mike-h said:

    I wonder what the age:hate ratio for Johnny Manziel is.

    Most of the old timers here are opposed, but I'd like to see a wider sample size.

    Quite possible, yet, Sonny-boy, you continue to refute the collective wisdom of our years. Kids these days... I swear... no respect for their elders.

    And stop with the "hate" BS. It's called skepticism... and it's normally considered "healthy".

    @mike-h said:

    Love it, Mike. I still think the majority of Manziel bashers are older gentlemen.

    Really want to know? Start a poll.
  • @mike-h said:

    He fuck your mom?

    And you "write for a living". Let me guess, you have a blog?

  • Yeah I'm not a basher as I've said a number of times I am not totally opposed to drafting him. If we do draft him I'm not heart broken. I just think his game translates to the NFL.

    Well hell, if I'm a basher, I'm a basher. There are just 4 picks I would rather see us take before JF. Watkins, Bortles, Bridge, Mack.

    If those 4 are gone by pick 4 🙂 then sure take him with open arms.

  • i'd give my left nut for mack evans gilbert and JF.

    4 players with ten picks. it could be done, correct? sprinkle in an OL for goodwill.

    talk about wishful thinking. calm down, drink on.

    uggh. 39 more days of this shit. hope my liver can hold out,,,,,,,,,HA!

  • @mike-h said:

    So if you write for a living, you can't have fun on a web forum? Noted.

    Must have misread your post, as "He fuck your mom?" isn't my idea of "fun on a web forum". Note that we may have differing views of "fun".

  • Don't think he will be much more than a footnote.

  • @mike-h said:

    Maybe you should lighten up, and switch to briefs.

    Maybe, but with your writing it's sometimes hard to tell the bullshit through the facts. Not a fan of "mom jokes", and there is one person walking around this planet that would tell you just how much I don't like them.

  • yeah we all push the limits around here but the mom stuff crosses that imaginary line in the sand of just being a decent person.

    hey but sister jokes are fine in my book. i heard your sister's vag smells like low tide on coney island.

  • yeah we all push the limits around here but the mom stuff crosses that imaginary line in the sand of just being a decent person.

    hey but sister jokes are fine in my book. i heard your sister's vag smells like low tide on coney island.

    @miktoxic said:

    yeah we all push the limits around here but the mom stuff crosses that imaginary line in the sand of just being a decent person.

    hey but sister jokes are fine in my book. i heard your sister's vag smells like low tide on coney island.

    LMAO, yea sister jokes are ok with me (only have a brother). Something like, "Johnny Scramble at 4 will be as big of a risk as poking your sister without a rubber"........something like that.

  • @mike-h said:

    I wonder what the age:hate ratio for Johnny Manziel is.

    Most of the old timers here are opposed, but I'd like to see a wider sample size.

    I'm drinking whiskey till May, fuck this.

    Not here. Johnny Football is my pick. I take him all the way to the Super Bowl.

    I think Steve Young when I watch him play.

  • The Steve Young comparison seems spot on. I have heard that from some of the older NFL coaches on NFL network. He has all the weapons right now to succeed for many years. He wont have to do it all himself. However, his scramble ability, plus Tate and Gordon and Cameron is hard not to love.

  • So where do I sign up to start putting down people suffering from Johnny Football Fever? We so do not need it to spread. It'll be like when the first fuker In Toledo started saying go blue. If we had responsible citizens willing to step up than we wouldn't have the problem of so many from Cleveland wearing baby shit blue and piss yellow these days.

  • Im pretty sure Im the original Johnny Football supporter on this board.....glad yaall are finally hopping on board. Dude has abilities not many have, or have had. With that being said, I doubt he ends up here.

  • Im pretty sure Im the original Johnny Football supporter on this board.....glad yaall are finally hopping on board. Dude has abilities not many have, or have had. With that being said, I doubt he ends up here.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    Im pretty sure Im the original Johnny Football supporter on this board.....glad yaall are finally hopping on board. Dude has abilities not many have, or have had. With that being said, I doubt he ends up here.

    I think people have been hopping on board since his freshman year.

    I'm still not on board, but I wouldn't hate it at all if we took him. I think Bortles would still be my QB of choice.

  • I don't care that has a marketing campaign or parties hard. The NFL is full of young men and I'm sure they all know how to party.

    I've seen too much recently with the qb that is super athletic and has the "intangibles". Give me a pocket passes with a good brain between the ears any day over the athletic scrambler who has the it factor.

    There's nothing that I've seen that warrants a first round pick from the kid. None of the QBs in the class really stand out to me as a sure fire first round pick. Yeah its a crap shoot but I like the odds of a later round pick and use the early picks for immediate impact players.

    I like hoyer and a young buck to sit and learn. I just wonder if hoyer will continue to impress or once other teams have tape on him that he won't be as good as we've seen. I just like hoyers play. He reads the d quick and gets the ball out with good accuracy. Its hard to stop that no matter how much tape you have on someone.

    And the did he fuck your mom or he fuck your girlfriend comebacks are weak. Let's get some better insults please. I know the posters on this board are a little more creative than that.