Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.4k 1
  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    I don't think anybody would pay the price the Titans would want to trade out of #1.

    That being said I expect Tunsil, then we'd have Goff or Bosa in our lap

  • I don't think anybody would pay the price the Titans would want to trade out of #1.

    That being said I expect Tunsil, then we'd have Goff or Bosa in our lap

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    I don't think anybody would pay the price the Titans would want to trade out of #1.

    That being said I expect Tunsil, then we'd have Goff or Bosa in our lap

    Got to go with Bosa-can't keep chasing the QB tail for #20 whatever in a long line of mistakes. BPA.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    Please God let a picture of this come out. I swear if this isn't some joke it will be one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    So this guy got a "concussion", went to Vegas, wore a wig, sunglasses, went by the name of Billy. Then geotagged himself on Instagram in Avon.

    That's some next level s*** right there

  • @bbedward said:

    I don't think anybody would pay the price the Titans would want to trade out of #1.

    That being said I expect Tunsil, then we'd have Goff or Bosa in our lap

    Got to go with Bosa-can't keep chasing the QB tail for #20 whatever in a long line of mistakes. BPA.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward

    @texasag1969 said:

    Got to go with Bosa-can't keep chasing the QB tail for #20 whatever in a long line of mistakes. BPA.

    Goff is "the" QB we've been chasing though.

    Teams may be pushing to trade up to #1 to take him when it's all said and done.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    I wonder if Billy is related to that affluenza kid? They seem very similar

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    Just make him go away and be someone else's problem. This is just way too cartoony and ridiculous now.

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by

    But he doesn't have a problem. I feel bad for all the people that hooked their buggy at one point to this donkey. Cleveland qb or not I have hated this kid from day one.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    I'd rather see him go to Dallas because I hate Dallas.

    But I could also see wherever Chip Kelly goes - maybe San Fran?

  • I read that too so I know you're not kidding. By morning this will be all over the Internet! The article says Manziel didn't want to use his credit card and wanted his room compt. Whatever that means. Manziel has really got be let go! The Browns will probably cut him now instead of trying to trade him. I would give him the Bus ticket to Dallas and close the door. He's not sane. There's some kind of mental illness going on here.

    OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @opal312 said:

    I read that too so I know you're not kidding. By morning this will be all over the Internet! The article says Manziel didn't want to use his credit card and wanted his room compt. Whatever that means. Manziel has really got be let go! The Browns will probably cut him now instead of trying to trade him. I would give him the Bus ticket to Dallas and close the door. He's not sane. There's some kind of mental illness going on here.

    I don't think it is mental illness Opal, just a young man with a substance abuse problem who needed the rehab treatment and to stay on the after care program after rehab. I was pulling for JM after going to rehab but I saw the red flags earlier which many wanted to dismiss as being minor. They would have been minor incidents for most but not someone who just spent months in rehab.

  • One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by

    Trade for Sean Payton. Makes sense.

  • ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by

    All haters. JFM is just doing what kids do. Were none of you ever young? I bet there are a millions players who go out and play cards. Vegas is a popular place you know. Holy Cow.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    I have one comment to make on this, and then I'm DONE discussing Manziel...

    He needs to go, and it needs to be done immediately. I know we spent a first round pick on the guy, but I don't care anymore. Cut him loose, and never speak of him again. Deep down in my heart I know it's more complicated. I truly believe that Manziel is a worse addict than any of us realize, and that's what hurts me the most. He needs so much help. Keep in mind that I have ZERO inside information, and I could be completely wrong. I don't want to sound like I'm a doctor diagnosing a patient, but from everything I've seen...the guy simply can't (won't?) help himself. Most addicts that I've come into contact with know they have a problem. They will eventually seek out help, and they will make progress. However, what happens next is they take steps backwards, and in some cases, they go FURTHER back than where they started. We've all heard, "A person has to hit rock bottom before they make changes", and there is some truth to that. Problem is, "rock bottom" is different for everyone. Manziel has followed this equation to a tee. He went to 10 weeks in rehab, no small endeavor. Many patients go for 28 days, or even two months, but 10 weeks is quite a stint. If I had to guess, he probably thought he was "cured", or that he didn't need as much help as he thought. He got cocky, and thought he could party and work his ass off in the NFL. And that's where he is wrong.

    Manziel's story is sad, and it's a sad story that's been going on for ages. Supreme talent wasted by the inability to address a personal problem. The Browns tried to be caring, they tried to be sympathetic, but at some point a team has to cut ties. It's infuriating as a fan because we used a first round pick on the guy, and his talent shines through despite his personal problems. Yes his footwork is a mess, and yes his accuracy isn't what it should be, but his skills and abilities are there. I get the feeling that if he could just focus on his addiction problems, work his ass off in a 12 step program, his football ability would eventually bust out and he could be a legit starting QB in the NFL. Problem is, he doesn't appear anywhere NEAR ready to REALLY work on his personal demons.

    It's another sad chapter in a very depressing book known as our Browns. It's time to turn the page yet again, and I pray the kid gets the help he needs AND puts in the requisite work to salvage not only his career...but his life.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    Will Burge said someone with the video is negotiating with TMZ.

    Burge also broke a few other stories I believe, like the Haden adderall story.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    Jalyn Smith, linebacker from Notre Dame. This kid is ALL over the place, and he's the kind of playmaking badass our team needs. We need a defensive presence that can make plays rushing the qb, stopping the run, and defending the pass. I think this kid checks off more boxes than anyone else. He's a bit light at 235, but by the time the combine comes around, I bet he'll be around 242 without losing speed. He's the guy a coach can build a defense around.

  • Jalyn Smith, linebacker from Notre Dame. This kid is ALL over the place, and he's the kind of playmaking badass our team needs. We need a defensive presence that can make plays rushing the qb, stopping the run, and defending the pass. I think this kid checks off more boxes than anyone else. He's a bit light at 235, but by the time the combine comes around, I bet he'll be around 242 without losing speed. He's the guy a coach can build a defense around.

    ManzierM Manzier wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Jalyn Smith, linebacker from Notre Dame. He's a bit light at 235, but by the time the combine comes around, I bet he'll be around 242 without losing speed.

    He might be 242 from sitting around for 4 months with a torn up knee. Not sure about the not losing speed part or him being at the combine.

  • the Johnny Manziel story took a bizarre turn Monday night when ESPN Las Vegas reported that Manziel went to a popular nightclub wearing a blonde wig, fake mustache, fake glasses and a hoodie while in Vegas.


    It gets better: He identified himself as "Billy," reports say. And according to Will Burge of WTAM AM/1100, there is video of Manziel in the disguise.



    Source: http://www.cleveland.com/johnny-manziel/index.ssf/2016/01/johnny_billy_manziel_becomes_a.html


    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by

    @atenears said:

    the Johnny Manziel story took a bizarre turn Monday night when ESPN Las Vegas reported that Manziel went to a popular nightclub wearing a blonde wig, fake mustache, fake glasses and a hoodie while in Vegas.

    It gets better: He identified himself as "Billy," reports say. And according to Will Burge of WTAM AM/1100, there is video of Manziel in the disguise.

    Source: http://www.cleveland.com/johnny-manziel/index.ssf/2016/01/johnny_billy_manziel_becomes_a.html

    Happy New Year Stanley!!!!

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    OMG...I just read about the knee injury. I mean...wow. That's so freaking awful. So angry for the guy.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    I'm perfectly fine with JM being our QB next year, I know he wants out but anyway.....I want opening day next year to be Billy Manzel day and we all wear the jersey and wigs. And if he goes out and wins.....epic. Cleveland is back.

  • M MDDawg wrote on last edited by

    Not surprised at all. Bill Belichick's scouting report about the "outlaw Manziels" was correct after all. Johnny's displaying a dangerous combination of alcoholism and privilege. His family's always considered themselves above the law so sucker Jimmy forces his front office and coaching staff to draft this jerk (reports now say Carr was Pettine's preferred QB) and this is how he repays Haslam.

    Botttomline is it serves Haslam right but now we have many families losing their jobs without recompense (junior coaching staff, front office grunts) because of this selfish pr**k.