Skip to content

Jonathan Paul Manziel

The Browns Board
16.0k 396 570.2k 1
  • Goff.

    That's my list...

    Titans are #1, they're taking Tunsil so that Mariota can look forward to a future of not becoming David Carr.

  • the Johnny Manziel story took a bizarre turn Monday night when ESPN Las Vegas reported that Manziel went to a popular nightclub wearing a blonde wig, fake mustache, fake glasses and a hoodie while in Vegas.


    It gets better: He identified himself as "Billy," reports say. And according to Will Burge of WTAM AM/1100, there is video of Manziel in the disguise.



    Source: http://www.cleveland.com/johnny-manziel/index.ssf/2016/01/johnny_billy_manziel_becomes_a.html


    @atenears said:

    the Johnny Manziel story took a bizarre turn Monday night when ESPN Las Vegas reported that Manziel went to a popular nightclub wearing a blonde wig, fake mustache, fake glasses and a hoodie while in Vegas.

    It gets better: He identified himself as "Billy," reports say. And according to Will Burge of WTAM AM/1100, there is video of Manziel in the disguise.

    Source: http://www.cleveland.com/johnny-manziel/index.ssf/2016/01/johnny_billy_manziel_becomes_a.html

    johnny's real desire in life is to be a cross dresser...

  • @gmp said:

    Oh, I dunno...I'll just take a stab as to why he acts out like he does.....ummm let's see?...?

    He's trying to get cut from this career killing team???.......just a hunch??

    Yea I'm sure that's it.

    Never mind the fact that he was exactly the same in college and still sucks balls in every area required to be a successful pro QB - like he always has.

    He's a crazy drunk in the spot light because he's with the Browns, right 🙄

    @bbedward said:

    Yea I'm sure that's it.

    Never mind the fact that he was exactly the same in college and still sucks balls in every area required to be a successful pro QB - like he always has.

    He's a crazy drunk in the spot light because he's with the Browns, right 🙄

    totally disagree. this guy never wanted to play in cleveland. of course, who does. I don't understand why he just didn't pull a john elway and say i don't want to play for this team and save us all the headaches in the first place. Will he be a sucessful qb. I think that remains to be seen...

  • I have one comment to make on this, and then I'm DONE discussing Manziel...

    He needs to go, and it needs to be done immediately. I know we spent a first round pick on the guy, but I don't care anymore. Cut him loose, and never speak of him again. Deep down in my heart I know it's more complicated. I truly believe that Manziel is a worse addict than any of us realize, and that's what hurts me the most. He needs so much help. Keep in mind that I have ZERO inside information, and I could be completely wrong. I don't want to sound like I'm a doctor diagnosing a patient, but from everything I've seen...the guy simply can't (won't?) help himself. Most addicts that I've come into contact with know they have a problem. They will eventually seek out help, and they will make progress. However, what happens next is they take steps backwards, and in some cases, they go FURTHER back than where they started. We've all heard, "A person has to hit rock bottom before they make changes", and there is some truth to that. Problem is, "rock bottom" is different for everyone. Manziel has followed this equation to a tee. He went to 10 weeks in rehab, no small endeavor. Many patients go for 28 days, or even two months, but 10 weeks is quite a stint. If I had to guess, he probably thought he was "cured", or that he didn't need as much help as he thought. He got cocky, and thought he could party and work his ass off in the NFL. And that's where he is wrong.

    Manziel's story is sad, and it's a sad story that's been going on for ages. Supreme talent wasted by the inability to address a personal problem. The Browns tried to be caring, they tried to be sympathetic, but at some point a team has to cut ties. It's infuriating as a fan because we used a first round pick on the guy, and his talent shines through despite his personal problems. Yes his footwork is a mess, and yes his accuracy isn't what it should be, but his skills and abilities are there. I get the feeling that if he could just focus on his addiction problems, work his ass off in a 12 step program, his football ability would eventually bust out and he could be a legit starting QB in the NFL. Problem is, he doesn't appear anywhere NEAR ready to REALLY work on his personal demons.

    It's another sad chapter in a very depressing book known as our Browns. It's time to turn the page yet again, and I pray the kid gets the help he needs AND puts in the requisite work to salvage not only his career...but his life.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    his talent shines through despite his personal problems

    No, it doesn't.

    That link is just as true today as it was when it was originally written.

    This assclown never had any abilities in the one item required of every successful NFL quarterback: Getting his name in the tabloid pages.

    Running around LOOKS interesting.. but the only reason he ran, in nearly every play.. is because he simply couldn't find either the wide-open hot route or the wide-open checkdown.

  • I just feel like you guys aren't seeing the possibilities here. Cleveland is a clown show with or without Manziel. ANd will be for a few years. Can't get around it. Why not for once have the league laugh with us instead of at us? Why not BIlly Manziel day? Why not root for this kid with all his flaws and have a good time doing it? I'm being serious he should make appearances as Blly fucking manziel. The marketing dept could have a field day with this. The league might actually look at us and say well at least they have a sense of humor about their predicament.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I just feel like you guys aren't seeing the possibilities here. Cleveland is a clown show with or without Manziel. ANd will be for a few years. Can't get around it. Why not for once have the league laugh with us instead of at us? Why not BIlly Manziel day? Why not root for this kid with all his flaws and have a good time doing it? I'm being serious he should make appearances as Blly fucking manziel. The marketing dept could have a field day with this. The league might actually look at us and say well at least they have a sense of humor about their predicament.

    i have some money...know anyone that wants to start a wig/ muzzy t shirt business. Ah we are probably too late already. How about coming up with a segment on one of these late night shows. Probably too late there to. But i can't wait to see them, they are going to be fucking falling off the chair hilarious.

  • All haters. JFM is just doing what kids do. Were none of you ever young? I bet there are a millions players who go out and play cards. Vegas is a popular place you know. Holy Cow.

    @manzier said:

    All haters. JFM is just doing what kids do. Were none of you ever young? I bet there are a millions players who go out and play cards. Vegas is a popular place you know. Holy Cow.t

    too all you fucking jm pumpers....ssssssssssssssssssssssssss. that's the sound of gas coming out of my ass as that is what i think of this jackass....

  • @bbedward said:

    Yea I'm sure that's it.

    Never mind the fact that he was exactly the same in college and still sucks balls in every area required to be a successful pro QB - like he always has.

    He's a crazy drunk in the spot light because he's with the Browns, right 🙄

    totally disagree. this guy never wanted to play in cleveland. of course, who does. I don't understand why he just didn't pull a john elway and say i don't want to play for this team and save us all the headaches in the first place. Will he be a sucessful qb. I think that remains to be seen...

    @browns52 said:

    totally disagree. this guy never wanted to play in cleveland. of course, who does. I don't understand why he just didn't pull a john elway and say i don't want to play for this team and save us all the headaches in the first place. Will he be a sucessful qb. I think that remains to be seen...

    Acting like a jackass and lying to your team about where you are and what you're doing and trying to cover it up isn't exactly going to endear him to other team owners and coaches.

  • @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Jerry wanted Johnny. Everyone knows it. I would guess Jerry still wants him, though Johnny may be showing that his problems are too major to coexist with life as an NFL qb.

    As bad as he's been, Johnny would be an upgrade at backup qb for the Cowboys. I would guess that Cleveland will call Jerry every day pushing for some kind of trade. Any value now for Johnny is a plus.

    Cutting him gains nothing. Keeping him can't be feasible, can it? Get what you can, sever all ties. This seems like the best move to me. This assumes that Jerry still wants him, which, with everything that's happened, may not be true anymore.

    Yea, but something else you have to think about: While Jerry might like Johnny....there is another Heisman Trophy winner from Texas who will be available in the offseason that Jerry may be just as enamored with.....and who does not come with all the personal baggage that JFF comes with....and who comes with likely a better upside than Johhny:

    RGIII.

    Whatever RGIII isn't.....healthy....a good QB in the system....he also has not been an off field problem. He has sat quietly all year not getting a chance to play, and has done nothing to throw the spotlight upon himself.

    So, if I were the Cowboys I would say fuck the freakshow....lets bring in a more dynamic a player (in college...and in the pros) and a solid citizen.....RGIII.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, but something else you have to think about: While Jerry might like Johnny....there is another Heisman Trophy winner from Texas who will be available in the offseason that Jerry may be just as enamored with.....and who does not come with all the personal baggage that JFF comes with....and who comes with likely a better upside than Johhny:

    RGIII.

    Whatever RGIII isn't.....healthy....a good QB in the system....he also has not been an off field problem. He has sat quietly all year not getting a chance to play, and has done nothing to throw the spotlight upon himself.

    So, if I were the Cowboys I would say fuck the freakshow....lets bring in a more dynamic a player (in college...and in the pros) and a solid citizen.....RGIII.

    What u think of the chances we bring him here? And what would be your opinion?

  • @browns52 said:

    totally disagree. this guy never wanted to play in cleveland. of course, who does. I don't understand why he just didn't pull a john elway and say i don't want to play for this team and save us all the headaches in the first place. Will he be a sucessful qb. I think that remains to be seen...

    Acting like a jackass and lying to your team about where you are and what you're doing and trying to cover it up isn't exactly going to endear him to other team owners and coaches.

    @mark-o said:

    Acting like a jackass and lying to your team about where you are and what you're doing and trying to cover it up isn't exactly going to endear him to other team owners and coaches.

    Makes for a neat T-shirt though. 😛

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/theres_a_johnny_manziel_billy.html

  • @bbedward said:

    Yea I'm sure that's it.

    Never mind the fact that he was exactly the same in college and still sucks balls in every area required to be a successful pro QB - like he always has.

    He's a crazy drunk in the spot light because he's with the Browns, right 🙄

    totally disagree. this guy never wanted to play in cleveland. of course, who does. I don't understand why he just didn't pull a john elway and say i don't want to play for this team and save us all the headaches in the first place. Will he be a sucessful qb. I think that remains to be seen...

    @browns52 said:

    this guy never wanted to play in cleveland.

    Right in that he did not care if CLE drafted him so long as he went in the first round... but once we did, he not only wanted to play in CLE, he expected to start in CLE.

    He just did not expect to have to work for it...

    This was hopefully my last serious post about JFF ever...

  • I'm perfectly fine with JM being our QB next year, I know he wants out but anyway.....I want opening day next year to be Billy Manzel day and we all wear the jersey and wigs. And if he goes out and wins.....epic. Cleveland is back.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'm perfectly fine with JM being our QB next year, I know he wants out but anyway.....I want opening day next year to be Billy Manzel day and we all wear the jersey and wigs. And if he goes out and wins.....epic. Cleveland is back.

    Didn't the tribe have a Beatles night way back when??? Johnny may be a Piersall fan...

    @the-gipper said:

    Bravo or E! needs to sign him up to do a reality show...just follow him around and see what stupid shit he can get into.

    Best original idea you have ever posted, Gip...

    @cdl15 said:

    Billy JamBoogie LOL.

    lmao... at least JFF is leaving me laughing.

  • @aggie-brown-fan said:

    Jerry wanted Johnny. Everyone knows it. I would guess Jerry still wants him, though Johnny may be showing that his problems are too major to coexist with life as an NFL qb.

    As bad as he's been, Johnny would be an upgrade at backup qb for the Cowboys. I would guess that Cleveland will call Jerry every day pushing for some kind of trade. Any value now for Johnny is a plus.

    Cutting him gains nothing. Keeping him can't be feasible, can it? Get what you can, sever all ties. This seems like the best move to me. This assumes that Jerry still wants him, which, with everything that's happened, may not be true anymore.

    Yea, but something else you have to think about: While Jerry might like Johnny....there is another Heisman Trophy winner from Texas who will be available in the offseason that Jerry may be just as enamored with.....and who does not come with all the personal baggage that JFF comes with....and who comes with likely a better upside than Johhny:

    RGIII.

    Whatever RGIII isn't.....healthy....a good QB in the system....he also has not been an off field problem. He has sat quietly all year not getting a chance to play, and has done nothing to throw the spotlight upon himself.

    So, if I were the Cowboys I would say fuck the freakshow....lets bring in a more dynamic a player (in college...and in the pros) and a solid citizen.....RGIII.

    @the-gipper said:

    Yea, but something else you have to think about: While Jerry might like Johnny....there is another Heisman Trophy winner from Texas who will be available in the offseason that Jerry may be just as enamored with.....and who does not come with all the personal baggage that JFF comes with....and who comes with likely a better upside than Johhny:

    RGIII.

    Whatever RGIII isn't.....healthy....a good QB in the system....he also has not been an off field problem. He has sat quietly all year not getting a chance to play, and has done nothing to throw the spotlight upon himself.

    So, if I were the Cowboys I would say fuck the freakshow....lets bring in a more dynamic a player (in college...and in the pros) and a solid citizen.....RGIII.

    Very true Gip, though Jerry seems to already have a relationship with Johnny, and wanted to draft him 2 years ago.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I'm perfectly fine with JM being our QB next year, I know he wants out but anyway.....I want opening day next year to be Billy Manzel day and we all wear the jersey and wigs. And if he goes out and wins.....epic. Cleveland is back.

    Didn't the tribe have a Beatles night way back when??? Johnny may be a Piersall fan...

    @the-gipper said:

    Bravo or E! needs to sign him up to do a reality show...just follow him around and see what stupid shit he can get into.

    Best original idea you have ever posted, Gip...

    @cdl15 said:

    Billy JamBoogie LOL.

    lmao... at least JFF is leaving me laughing.

    @tour2ma said:

    Didn't the tribe have a Beatles night way back when??? Johnny may be a Piersall fan...

    Best original idea you have ever posted, Gip...

    lmao... at least JFF is leaving me laughing.

    I'd forgotten all about Jimmy Piersall Tour. Did some crazy ass stuff there.

    And damn I agree on laughing about JFF. Beats the alternatives all to hell.

  • Manziel is a beast. Can't wait to see him start the first game with Josh Gordon, going to be an epic win.

  • Manziel is a beast. Can't wait to see him start the first game with Josh Gordon, going to be an epic win.

    @poeticg said:

    Manziel is a beast. Can't wait to see him start the first game with Josh Gordon, going to be an epic win.

    Humour is one thing, trolling is in a different league

  • Manziel is a beast. Can't wait to see him start the first game with Josh Gordon, going to be an epic win.

    @poeticg said:

    Manziel is a beast. Can't wait to see him start the first game with Josh Gordon, going to be an epic win.

    For the Dallas Cowboys. You're a fucking moron if you think he's playing in Cleveland again.

  • @poeticg said:

    Manziel is a beast. Can't wait to see him start the first game with Josh Gordon, going to be an epic win.

    For the Dallas Cowboys. You're a fucking moron if you think he's playing in Cleveland again.

    @mark-o said:

    For the Dallas Cowboys. You're a fucking moron if you think he's playing in Cleveland again.

    Aha, but they do play us in Cleveland this year. So be careful what you wish for.

    And in 2017 we play Houston in Houston-now that I will have to get tickets for as soon as available.

  • Manziel is a beast. Can't wait to see him start the first game with Josh Gordon, going to be an epic win.

    @poeticg said:

    Manziel is a beast.

    lmao... got had this image of him handing off to TR... in Cowboys uniforms...

  • @mark-o said:

    For the Dallas Cowboys. You're a fucking moron if you think he's playing in Cleveland again.

    Aha, but they do play us in Cleveland this year. So be careful what you wish for.

    And in 2017 we play Houston in Houston-now that I will have to get tickets for as soon as available.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Aha, but they do play us in Cleveland this year. So be careful what you wish for.

    I wish for him to be so far away from this team that I don't care how he does in the future. The odds against him turning his shit around are so huge that I'm willing to gamble that he's the next Ryan Leaf and not going to turn into the next Peyton Manning.

  • At first I was pissed but more I think about it I agree with Stan, Now I don't know if Stan was being serious but I think this whole thing is freaking funny, I say we keep him and if he is good this will be a movie

    You can't make this stuff up